Net::SNMP dies on any OID error and doesn't return other possibly good values

hey , i'm working on a system to monitor devices through SNMP. i'm using the Net::SNMP modules by D.Town. i try to load the snmp session request with a set of OIDs to make the system run through the large ...
Posted On: Thursday 15th of November 2012 09:47:59 PM Total Views:  259
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Perl PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Matching many when valid line exists

I am pulling my hair out trying to make a regex that will 1) Validate an entire line of input 2) Return any number of matches in the line The condition is that any number of product codes must exist on a line separated a space. It may or may not start or end with spaces. The product code is a 10 digit number. Example Valid Input: "1234567890 0987654321 5678901234" Current Expression: /^[ ]([\d]{10}[ ])*([\d]{10})[ ]$/ This expression seems to validate well enough but, it only matches the last two occurrences. Any suggestions
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!

FAQ 4.58 How can I know how many entries are in a hash?

This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq4.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . -------------------------------------------------------------------- 4.58: How can I know how many entries are in a hash If you mean how many keys, then all you have to do is use the keys() function in a scalar context: $num_keys = keys %hash; The keys() function also resets the iterator, which means that you may see strange results if you use this between uses of other hash operators such as each(). -------------------------------------------------------------------- The perlfaq-workers, a group of volunteers, maintain the perlfaq. They are not necessarily experts in every domain where Perl might show up, so please include as much information as possible and relevant in any corrections. The perlfaq-workers also don't have access to every operating system or platform, so please include relevant details for corrections to examples that do not work on particular platforms. Working code is greatly appreciated. If you'd like to help maintain the perlfaq, see the details in perlfaq.pod.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!

Has anyone compiled HPUX::pstat under hpux 11.11 using aCC

when I do the "perl Makefile.PL" I get a makefile for gcc which doesn't build: cc1: error: unrecognized option '-Wdeclaration-after-statement' going into the Makefile to change gcc to aCC just creates more errors. $ gcc --version gcc (GCC) 3.3.2 To compound matters our perl used to be located in /usr/local but was moved to another directory path. Ironically, I wrote a pstat program some years ago (under HP-UX 10.20 that was later ported to 10.30 and 11.01) but I haven't gotten it to compile under 11.11 (haven't really had the time to play with it) and was hoping this would give me some of the same capability. BTW, can anyone explain why CPAN testers would try to test this very specific hpux module under Linux and Solaris Is it just an automated submission process HPUX is very peculiar in it's process table handling. TIA, Dan Mercer
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 5th November 2012
View Replies!

Tk-804.028 under 64 bit perl5.8.8 builds, but dies at first execution

I'm trying to get a working version of 64 bit tk on the Mac; the compilation completes successfully, but immediately runs into a problem in dXSARGS in make test. I've gotten tk working in 64 bit mode on Linux and Solaris, but not the Mac. Does anyone have any suggestions
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 5th November 2012
View Replies!

Looking for any programmer ($850k+/yr telecommute)

www.ubersite.com - Future of media. What do you think of it Will you join
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 5th November 2012
View Replies!

Suggest any Maximum Match Algorithm, Please

Here is the lines of string in a file abxyz abpqr abmno abcxyz abcpqr abcmno I want the output as:- ab+[xyz,pqr,mno] abc+[xyz,pqr,mno] Here is the real time data which should be in dictionary order:- AduwoMxita AduwoMxirA AduwoMxileVMdi AduwoMxile I want the Output as:- AduwoMxi+[ta,rA] AduwoMxile[VMdi, ]
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 7th November 2012
View Replies!

Stupid Question (but asked anyway)

You can get rid of the capturing parentheses in the regex; you aren't doing anything with the captured value. And there is no sense in chomping the data if you are going to add the newline back on after. This reduces your while loop toCODE --> perlwhile () {\tprint OUT if (/ACD Call|Give Default/);}which should speed it up a little (although not much, your process is going to be I/O bound whatever happens). Steve"Every program can be reduced by one instruction, and every program has at least one bug. Therefore, any program can be reduced to one instruction which doesn't work." (Object::PerlDesignPatterns)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

[regex] grep for chars in any order

How can I build regex that matches all characters of the string $STR in any order with .* added between any two characters: And without generating all N! transpositions (where N is length of $STR) Example. For $STR "abc", I want to match equivalent to: /(a.*b.*c)|(a.*c.*b)|(b.*a.*c)|(b.*c.*a)|(c.*a.*b)|(c.*b.*a)/ Generating all transpositions is not feasible for larger legths of $STR. /[abc].*[abc].*[abc]/ is easy and fast but gives false positives. What is good solution
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

FAQ 4.58 How can I know how many entries are in a hash?

This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq4.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . -------------------------------------------------------------------- 4.58: How can I know how many entries are in a hash If you mean how many keys, then all you have to do is use the keys() function in a scalar context: $num_keys = keys %hash; The keys() function also resets the iterator, which means that you may see strange results if you use this between uses of other hash operators such as each(). -------------------------------------------------------------------- The perlfaq-workers, a group of volunteers, maintain the perlfaq. They are not necessarily experts in every domain where Perl might show up, so please include as much information as possible and relevant in any corrections. The perlfaq-workers also don't have access to every operating system or platform, so please include relevant details for corrections to examples that do not work on particular platforms. Working code is greatly appreciated. If you'd like to help maintain the perlfaq, see the details in perlfaq.pod.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

FAQ 4.23 How do I find matching/nesting anything?

This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq4.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 10th November 2012
View Replies!

Can't find string terminator "EOHTML" anywhere before EOF

Hi I just copied this script from CGI::Ajax manual at cpan.org page use strict; use CGI; # or any other CGI:: form handler/decoder use CGI::Ajax; my $cgi = new CGI; my $pjx = new CGI::Ajax( 'exported_func' => \&perl_func ); print ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Force installing an upgrade for a module now many modules won't work

After force upgrading a module, I tried to search the ppm repository and I met this error msg: Searching in Active Repositories error: can't parse Nagios-NSCA Use the Amazon Simple Queue Service Leon Brocard C<acme@astray.com> : mismatched ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how to find how many items are in a reference?

How can I find how many items are there in a reference Let's say we first make: my $data = $db->selectall_arrayref("SELECT * FROM table"); Now, I can access any data with: print $$hardware[X][Y]; How can I find the maximum element ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

anyone have a working captcha perl script for windows ?

, I have installed every CPAN Captcha image verification known and cant get any of them to do a simple task - output to a directory a set of Captcha images with codes and the code file..you would think ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

FAQ 4.23 How do I find matching/nesting anything?

This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq4.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

Re: HTML::Parser does give any result of its "sub text{...}".

Dear Tom, Thank you for your help. You solved my problem. And I apologize because I understood Jenda's advice very slowly. Again thanks. === On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 19:40:16 -0700 "Tom Phoenix" wrote: > On 10/12/07, Patrik Hasibuan ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to retrieve the Perl script returned value in C program? Many thanks

Hi Guys: I have an Email application that was made of C(no source code). Only I know is that it can call a program with a parameter(email file name) and check the return value. If returns 0, go ahead and ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

FAQ 3.1 How do I do (anything)?

This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq3.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: pTk and themes - any news?

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005, konovalo wrote: > slaven@rezic.de wrote: > > > be available in a forthcoming Perl/Tk release more or less automatically. This is a very good news. BTW, it's been almost one year since last Tk804-027 was ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

pTk and themes - any news?

are there any news about pTk and themes such progress of implementation, problems etc. regards -- Ondrej Koala Vacha -++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**== This message was posted through the Stanford campus mailing list server. If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!