Net::Telnet -- does it support Proxy or SOCKS connections?

Does Net::Telnet support connections through either a Proxy or SOCKS host as an intermediary I'm trying to experiment to see if I can get a GIF from an HTTP site which my browswer won't get because it doesn't provide one ...
Posted On: Wednesday 28th of November 2012 01:19:28 AM Total Views:  132
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Perl PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Out of memory! Callback called exit. END failed--call queue aborted

Hi: I have a simple script which connects to a few databases. When I run the script I get the "Out of memory! Callback called exit. END failed--call queue aborted." error. It runs fine on other similar machines. Below is an example. As soon as I add the 3rd database connection it starts giving me the error. I have searched the net and found no answers. Anyone have ideas ===== #!/usr/local/bin/perl use DBI; use ARS; $dbname = "impactdata"; $host = "netcool"; $port = 5435; $username = "postgres"; $password = "password"; $dbh = DBI->connect("dbi:Pg:dbname=$dbname;host=$host;port=$port;","$username", "$password", {AutoCommit => 1}); $server = "netcool"; $username = "Demo"; $password = "password"; ($ctrl = ars_Login($server, $username, $password)) || die "couldn't allocate control structure"; my $user='netcool'; my $passwd='ool_0307'; my $ORCL="netcool;sid=RMDST;port=1521"; my $dbh_rem = DBI->connect("dbi:Oracle:$ORCL", $user, $passwd, { RaiseError => 1, AutoCommit => 0 } ) || die "Database connection not made: $DBI::errstr"; $dbh->disconnect; $dbh_rem->disconnect; ========
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!

Using Perl to parse comma diliminated fields ---

Perl Guru's I'm hoping that someone can help me out... I have a regular'ol ASCII file which I'll need to read only the first line, and parse the three numbers that are seperated by commas and print the results. This file will always consist of the same lines, but the numbers will be different. For example, here is a paste from the ASCII file: 62.7, 28.8, 5.6 ,N701455F:sL065 WaterSensor Dry. eN701462F:hL066 WaterSensor Dry. I care about is the numbers listed in the first line. First Number = Temperature Second Number = Humidity Third Number = Illumination I want to parse each of these into a format such as this: Current Temperature: $temp Current Humidity: $humidity Current Illumination: $lumes How do I go about opening this file, reading the first line, parsing the three numbers into variables, then printing the results So far, this is what I have but look at the results printed below: #!/usr/bin/perl # # Set Vars my $date=`date`; # # Run Program # print "content-type: text/html \n\n"; print ""; print " Data Center Temperature"; print " Data Center "; print "Date: $date "; print ' '; print ""; open(DCTEMP,"/tmp/current_dctemp"); while (){ chomp; ($temp, $humidity, $lumes) = split(","); print ""; print "Temperature: $temp\n"; print "Humidity: $humidity\n"; print "Illumination: $lumes\n"; print "$_ \n"; } close (DCTEMP); # RESULTS: Temperature: 62.4 Humidity: 29.0 Illumination: 5.6 62.4, 29.0, 5.6 Temperature: Humidity: N701455F:eL065 WaterSensor Dry. Illumination: ,N701455F:eL065 WaterSensor Dry. Temperature: Humidity: Illumination: Temperature: eN701462F:sL066 WaterSensor Dry. Humidity: Illumination: eN701462F:sL066 WaterSensor Dry. Temperature: Humidity: Illumination:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!

BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted

I've got 2 perl scripts, both are code for ads. One script is admob, the other is google. The code provided has been cut and pasted without any mods. The admob code works, the google code doesn't and i get the error, syntax error at googleperlcode.cgi line 9, near "sub google_append_color " Can't use global @_ in "my" at googleperlcode.cgi line 10, near ", $_" syntax error at googleperlcode.cgi line 12, near "}" Execution of googleperlcode.cgi aborted due to compilation errors. This is the actual google code, #!/usr/bin/perl use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser); ul class="simpleblue" sub google_append_color { my @color_array = split(/,/, $_[0]); return $color_array[$_[1] % @color_array]; } Anyone know why the errors Both files end in .cgi and both have the permissions set the same, i.e 755. Both are in the same directory on the server.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!

Outlook -- email

For anyone looking for a way around the Outlook pop up security box, there is a program called ClickYes that can be installed which will solve the problem. It will reside on your task bar and deal with the pop-up ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 11th November 2012
View Replies!

$$$$$$$www.200836.com , September 2000, Sydney -- Information meetingbetween the IOC and the Candidate Cities.

$$$$$$$$$ www.200836.com--- why we buy Peking 2008 Olympic Games-- souvenirs 1 low price 2 best quality-- licensed products by Peking Organizing Committee 3 many products to choose 4 most precious--limited circulation 1 our website www.200836 was aimed at that all ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

Namespace -- Net::Telnet::Cisco::IOS

Aplogies up front since I'm an utter novice when it comes to sharing Perl modules on a large scale. My excuse is that I'm a network guy, not a developer, so I know not what I'm doing most of the ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

Announce: CafeBatch -- a batch file whose scope is network wide-- assessing interest

We wrote a generic perl system for provisioning our services and thought others may have a use for it. We call it CafeBatch. Basically it is an OO, network wide batch creation and execution system. When run, one batch file ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 19th November 2012
View Replies!

Re: CGI/PERL HELP PLEASE -- categorize search results alphabetically

"Drew Eash" wrote in message news:f61b3a3.0308051001.16f20459@posting.google.com... > I would like the search results to have a list by letter option. > I would have a row of links A-B-C-D etc. and when I clicked them I > would get ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

nmake--installing modules

I'm trying to figure out how to load modules that I don't already have. I tried loading module Test, and I kept getting an error with the nmake.exe that was being used (running on Win98 here). I found a ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: uniq without sort

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 18:45:24 -0800 (PST), gnuist006@gmail.com wrote: >I want uniq without sorting the initial order. > >The algorithm is this. For every line, look above if there is another >line like it. If so, then ignore it. ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Processing and not just parsing a file -- Please help !

all,I have a file similar to this, (about 1G)==================================================startpoint: AAAendpoint: BBB# body for every start/end comboa/Xxxxxx yyy num1 num2 num3 & num4...a/ttttttt fff num4 num5 num6 * num722b/ttttttt fff num44 num50 non_zero * num734...b/yyyyyy fff num43 num52 num65 num745startpoint: CCCendpoint: DDDzzzzzz yyy numa numb numc & num4...a4/nnnnn yyy num4 num5 num6 *\tnum44bb/nnnnn yyy num4 num5 num6 *\tnum9bb/kkkkk yyy num4 num5 non_zero *\tnum8...===================================================================For every startpoint/endpoint combo, I need to go into the body and find the line with "*". (As I have pointed out, not all lines will have a "*" in their 6th column. ) Also there will be multiple lines inside the body with "*" in column 6, but I need to pick the last one of them. This last line holds a non zero number in column 5. The rest of the lines with "char1" in column 6 will have zeros in their respective column 5s. Finally print the startpoint/endpoint combo along with its "non_zero" column 5 value and column 7. Here is another complication for me I also need to print the (n-1)th line's column 1 before the last "*" for every start/end combo. For instance, if you look at the 2nd start/end combo in the above example, I want print "bb/nnnnn" . O/P file,Startpoint endpoint column5 column7 column1(of previous line) I'm a complete newbie to perl any help will be appreciated !
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 24th November 2012
View Replies!

Graph.0.69 Module---how to get a DAG from graph with cycles

Here I use an example to illustrate the problem I met when using Graph Theory Module: I have a directed graph looks like the following (see the figure). Edges in the original directed graph: [main] -> [foo]; [main] -> [bar]; ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

proposal for new module -- Math::TriangularNumbers

comp.languages.perl.modules: I have written a Perl module to implement Triangular Numbers and am considering signing up for PAUSE and uploading the module to CPAN using the name Math::TriangularNumbers. Here is the code: http://www.holgerdanske.com/dpchrist...s-r0_01.tar.gz Here is the POD: http://www.holgerdanske.com/dpchrist..._01-README.txt Any comments/ ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Usage of --help and --version in getopts()

this is probably an easy question: I would like to use the --version and --help features of getopts(), but despite the description on perldoc.com I can't make it work. My script just gives out the 'Unknown option' warnings when ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

spaces in text ---> html

Hi I am writing a message board, and the text is entered in a text box and outputted in HTML. How can I keep the spaces formatting (ie use  's) in the html output\t I use the standard decode lines: ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

using xs -- trouble dereferencing

, i am having trouble dereferencing a simple integer -- driving me crazy since i am new to XS. a constraint i am working in is not changing the perl code or the c code; using the XS system as ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

how to run a script at remote location (windows-->linux)

I would like to run perl script on linux machine from windows perl script. Can any body help me out on this regard, is there any module which takes care of this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Win32::OLE, InternetExplorer, NewWindow, Events --- crashes

I'm working on an application that automates IE and needs to handle IE's NewWindow2 event. The IE documentation for the event gives the following stytax: Private Sub object_NewWindow2( _ ByRef ppDisp As Object, _ ByRef Cancel As Boolean) When handling ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Sys-V IPC shared memory with Tk --a little demo

this will only work on linux, or other systems with SysV IPC. It will open 3 different processes, and share data between them. It would be useful for communication with threads, or forked processes, in certain circumstances. It is ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Quick question -- script issue

I pulled this script out of a larger one to test, and I can't figure it out. If I keep this script in the same directory as the files I want to read, it works fine, but if I move ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!