Need help with leaks

Okay, I have about 6,000 lines of Perl code, which generally work GREAT, but I have a big memory leak. Yes, I had to do some sloppy coding to leak memory in Perl. I have a LOT of global variables. ...
Posted On: Tuesday 27th of November 2012 11:52:24 PM Total Views:  337
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Perl PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

need most efficient way to write this code that checks zips...

For comparing the data in the $zipField against all the zip codes in zipFile.txt, I would suggest reading through the text file and storing all the zip codes in a hash with some non-false value (so something other than undef or 0.) The check for a valid zip code would then consist of if (defined $hash{$zipField}).For the $addrField check, you're going to have to be careful. It's possible any house number with 5+ digits could, in theory, match a zip code. Once you sort out the house numbers problem, you could check any zip codes in $addrField against the hash you created from the text file.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 24th November 2012
View Replies!

unix perler needs win32 API perl snippet

dear perl experts---I hope this is a request for a one-liner. I usually run linux or OSX, but I now am in need of automating some OCR on Windows. (The OCR vendors only sell affordable software on Windows in their ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

need help with regular expressions

hi, i need the correct regular expression to set the unnamed variable $1 to any of "FantasyMFG", "Fantasy.NET", or "FantasyACC" in the following path: FantasyMFG/tags/2.1.16 (where "FantasyMFG" may be replaced with any of the others) this is for a system ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

I need to extract an array from a scalar regex-wise ?

This is not a homework assignment. I'd be interested in more elegante' solutions than mine is all.. Let's say I want to extract all of the days of the week out of a scalar such as : $_ = 'We ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

ClassGraph widget - feedback needed

I wrote a Perl/Tk - Widget which displays graphical representations of inheritance-trees for Perl-classes. There are two additional modules to display all function/method-Names defined in a Class and its parents and to show the source code of that methods. ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

I need your help

Hi , I need a script which opens an Excel file (.xls), reads some of cells from the first row and prints them on a sheet of paper. Then it should do the same for the second row and print ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Newbie needs basic help - JW69

I feel like I have made some real progress on a web site that I have been working on, but now I am stuck with some basic stuff that both makes me feel stupid and pisses me off. If I ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Perl newb in need of help with script.

So this is probably a simple thing I'm missing, but then I just started working with perl tonight - and of course I bought the Camel book, and conveniently left it at work on my desk where it does me ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

insight needed: any way to have Java run a perl script..

This is for a class assignment; all we have to do is make a XML-to-SQL converter with a GUI, which can run either on Win2k or Sun 8 systems (interchangably). My partner is writing the GUI in Java obviously, but ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: newbie question about removing un needed extra lines

Scott Taylor wrote: > > I've just started learning perl, and had two questions. One, what is > the best way to open a text file and remove all of the empty lines > Example: > > a@a.com > b@b.com ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how to remove parentheses from a line in a file - need help!

I have a line of text like this: m1 (d g s b) en (w=wdnfing l=l as=1e-20 ad=1e-20 ps=1e-20 pd=1e-20) I am reading-in the file in using $_ and I tried to do the following (without success): s/)//g; s/)//g; ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Perl code explaination help needed!

Can someone explain to me what this line of perl is doing. /(\S*)\.C$/; it is used in this function @list = `ls *.C`; foreach (@list) { chop; /(\S*)\.C$/; rename("$1.C", "$1.cc") || die "Can't rename $1 !\n"; Thank you. EM...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

need help with "SerialPort" module

I need to write a very simple RS232 script that sends a string (command) to my hardware, and receives the messages sent back for my hardware. I found the SerialPort_0.19 module However, I have not found much of documentation ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Help needed programming a simple script

Any help appreciated on a small perl project I need to write for educator/teaching purposes. I have not programmed perl for some time, need to get up to speed, maybe some kind souls hrere will help me on this project ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

need help with inherited script that emails files

This perl script goes through a list of files in IFILE and for each file, it sends it on to sendmail. Attachments need special handling and are signified in the email-file by having a line start with 3@ folowed by ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

CGI error (need help)

I have a problem with a CGI script (Perl) on a Win2000 server. The script is for sending E-cards and was written by Jason Maloney: http://www.aestheticsurgerycenter.co...ostcard1.shtml You can choose from some cards, add your own text and send it ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: newbie question about removing un needed extra lines

Eric J. Roode wrote: > Scott Taylor wrote in > news:bggslc$686$1@slb5.atl.mindspring.net: > > >>I've just started learning perl, and had two questions. One, what is >>the best way to open a text file and remove all of the empty ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Help needed with form submits and Perl handling

Hi all, I could use some help programming on of my Perl script to handle different submit buttons within the same form. Here is what I have so far. A user goes to a Web form and inputs some data ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

HELP: need a good socket tutorial

The tutorials I've found using Google were too old and incomplete. Could you tell me when I could fine a good one, with many examples
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Help needed with MakeMaker

I am building a Perl module with XS. Most of it is fairly standard, but I am using an SQL preprocessor, so I need to precompile my C-with-embedded-SQL into plain C before compiling the rest of the module. In other ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!