Help needed with MakeMaker

I am building a Perl module with XS. Most of it is fairly standard, but I am using an SQL preprocessor, so I need to precompile my C-with-embedded-SQL into plain C before compiling the rest of the module. In other ...
Posted On: Tuesday 27th of November 2012 11:01:00 PM Total Views:  318
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Perl PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Perl variable "leading white spaces" Please help

. I have been following misc posts, as well as reading several FAQ's on this issue, unfortunatley I cannot locate a solution. I am hoping that someone will be able to provide me with the simple answer. My problem ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

A little regex help?

Folks, This isn't actually a perl question but since you folks ar the regex experts I thought you might be able to help. I want to do a search and replace in my text editor (that supports regex) for ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

help me in reading the xml file

Hi , I have got an xml like this below. I want to read this file in Perl and want to retrieve the text which end with .xml. For example , I want to print the text "jms/hppjmsmodules-jms.xml", since it ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Need help with multi-line regex with DOS line terminations

I'm trying to process a DOS text file (with DOS CRLF line terminations) and translate from one database export format into another database input format. I've pasted in my program and a short example file of data at the end ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: Need help with date-time and output

One additional note: The input data, column one has values 1 to 365(6)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: Need help with date-time and output

John, I have modified my script as per your suggestions: ** ++ chomp() returns the number of $/ values that were removed from its argument(s) so that is not what you want to do here. You should probably have chomped ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how to remove parentheses from a line in a file - need help!

I have a line of text like this: m1 (d g s b) en (w=wdnfing l=l as=1e-20 ad=1e-20 ps=1e-20 pd=1e-20) I am reading-in the file in using $_ and I tried to do the following (without success): s/)//g; s/)//g; ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Perl code explaination help needed!

Can someone explain to me what this line of perl is doing. /(\S*)\.C$/; it is used in this function @list = `ls *.C`; foreach (@list) { chop; /(\S*)\.C$/; rename("$1.C", "$1.cc") || die "Can't rename $1 !\n"; Thank you. EM...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Net::LDAP::Entry help...

, I am having a problem with getting this to work. In this code section I'm fetching data from mysql and assigning it to the array @Users array. $Users[0] contains username and $Users[1] contains the password. So i'm trying ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

need help with "SerialPort" module

I need to write a very simple RS232 script that sends a string (command) to my hardware, and receives the messages sent back for my hardware. I found the SerialPort_0.19 module However, I have not found much of documentation ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Namespace for MMS Parser class and a request for help

I have written a set of classes for MMS (or picture) message parsing and wanted to check my namespace usage before uploading to CPAN. Currently the list of classes comprises: MMS::Message - A class representing an MMS parsed from ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

DBI - DBD-DB2 Problem - Please help

Hi ! I can run my index.cgi program without error against a db2 Database from command line ! There are no errors at all. When I try to run the index.cgi file on my apache redhat ws4 i get the ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Expect.pm module help - simple question...

I am playing around with the Expect module and have been looking at the docs, but am confused as to why my code does not send the "ls" to the remote host. My code is below (along with the trace). ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

need help with inherited script that emails files

This perl script goes through a list of files in IFILE and for each file, it sends it on to sendmail. Attachments need special handling and are signified in the email-file by having a line start with 3@ folowed by ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Noob help request on TCP Server with fork

I'm really new to perl. (2 days) i'm getting crazy for a simple server that should fork for each connection ...say "Hi Mon" and then close connection. i paste my code.Can you help me 10x a lot i took part ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Math problem - converting between arbitrary bases in perl - help!

Hi all - I've been trying to write a small sub to convert form an input base (eg: 16) to an output base (eg:64) and back. The reason is that I need to communicate tristate (base 3) data efficiently via ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

CGI error (need help)

I have a problem with a CGI script (Perl) on a Win2000 server. The script is for sending E-cards and was written by Jason Maloney: http://www.aestheticsurgerycenter.co...ostcard1.shtml You can choose from some cards, add your own text and send it ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Need help on split-function

Hi , What I want to is using a string as PATTERN in a split function. This makes it possible for me to change the PATTERN on one place in my script... For example: $separator = ";"; $line = "field1;value1"; ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: help with mainframe file

GregD wrote: > Im working with a mainframe file that contains packed decimal fields > in some of the records. Each record (line) is supposed to be a fixed > length of 200. Part of what Im working on is ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Need a good book help me do interpreter

, I want a good book that help me do a perl program that is used as interpreter for a small, BASIC-like language. I need a good book that help me doing this please if there is a good website ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!