FAQ 6.15 How can I do approximate matching?

This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq6.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest ...
Posted On: Tuesday 27th of November 2012 11:50:23 PM Total Views:  400
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Perl PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq6.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . -------------------------------------------------------------------- 6.15: How can I do approximate matching See the module String::Approx available from CPAN. -------------------------------------------------------------------- The perlfaq-workers, a group of volunteers, maintain the perlfaq. They are not necessarily experts in every domain where Perl might show up, so please include as much information as possible and relevant in any corrections. The perlfaq-workers also don't have access to every operating system or platform, so please include relevant details for corrections to examples that do not work on particular platforms. Working code is greatly appreciated. If you'd like to help maintain the perlfaq, see the details in perlfaq.pod.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!

This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq6.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 11th November 2012
View Replies!

FAQ 8.20 How can I call my system's unique C functions from Perl?

This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq8.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

FAQ 7.26 How can I comment out a large block of perl code?

This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq7.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

FAQ 5.34 Why can't I use "C:\temp\foo" in DOS paths? Why doesn't `C:\temp\foo.exe` work?

This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq5.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

FAQ 5.18 How can I reliably rename a file?

This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq5.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

FAQ 4.60 How can I always keep my hash sorted?

This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq4.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

FAQ 4.14 How can I compare two dates and find the difference?

This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq4.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

FAQ 3.20 How can I hide the source for my Perl program?

This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq3.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

what is good plot module for ploting in a canvas

Hi Folks, I am looking for a good plot program for plotting data in a canvas. My plot are linear, linear; log, linear, polar; smith chart any help is greatly appreciated. Best regards, -sm...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

can't find xml-parsing module...

, I need to parse xml, but am not allowed to install modules on the server. I have no idea which of the modules installed on the server will do the job. This is the list of installed modules : ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: Opposite of Tk::Canvas::canvasx()?

Ala Qumsieh writes: > --- slaven@rezic.de wrote: > > It's probably defined in the C core of Tk. > > I grepped for canvasx in the whole source tree, but > couldn't find it. Weird. It's in Tk-804.027/pTk/mTk/generic/tkCanvas.c, lines ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Fwd: (fwd) Re: (fwd) binding to a derived canvas widget

> From: Ch Lamprecht > Newsgroups: comp.lang.perl.tk > Subject: Re: (fwd) binding to a derived canvas widget > Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 10:39:05 +0200 > > > Steve Lidie schrieb: >> To pique 's interest, I'll note at ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

cannot load libX11.a !?!

I am trying to build Tk-804.027 with perl 5.9.3 and gcc 3.4.6 on Solaris 8. It compiles just fine, but most of the tests fail because of the following. (The same thing happened with gcc 4.0.2) Has anyone ever seen ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Delaying canvas work during resize

I have several canvases which are resized when the containing window is resized. The stuff I want to draw in these canvas windows is fairly detailed, so I don't want to attempt a redraw on every single event (there ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

DialogBox: creation is too slow and can't be killed

I have prepared this small test-case: use Tk; use Tk: ialogBox; my $top = MainWindow->new(); $top->withdraw(); my $db = $top->DialogBox(-title => 'Dialog', -buttons => [ 'Ok' ]); my $text = $db->Scrolled('Text', -scrollbars => 'oe')->pack(-fill => 'both', -expand => 1); ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Removing or Unmapping objects on a canvas..

Does anybody know how to erase, unmap, delete a large number of objects (say, a collection of spectral lines) and widgets on a canvas w/o removing the canvas itself I don't want to delete each individual object one ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Socket, cannot get clean results.

, I am working on an interactive server/client setup, not using INET::Sockets. Everything is gravy except for a little leftover stuff being shown. I type a command w/ args, CLIENT join()s the command with args and sends the newstring,the SERVER ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Is there any way that I can change the image on the fly in cgi?

To change images, from what I know, I need to add event handler into the script (onMouseOver, onMouseOut ... etc), but I need to generate it on the fly. I will have this javascript in my cgi file which will ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: Error: can't modify scalar reference

HP wrote: > When i run my following prog. > our $test='this is just test'; > print $test; > print "----test\n"; > it gives me compilation error: can't modify scalar reference at line 1 PRINTED RESULTS: ________________ this is just ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!