FAQ 5.6 How do I make a temporary file name?

This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq5.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest ...
Posted On: Tuesday 27th of November 2012 11:51:16 PM Total Views:  716
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Perl PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Soap:lite with msdl file crash perl.exe v5.6.1

Dear Soap / Perl gurus! I'm using Windows Server 2k3 SP1 and Perl v5.6.1 I see perl.exe crash before I see "connected" text, why The wsdl file describe the soap interface that is found at http://machinename:2222. (The wsdl file is not found/hosted at the http address, does it need to, but instead is found on local disk) #!perl -w use SOAP::Lite +trace => qw(debug); my $soap = SOAP::Lite -> service('file://C:/Code/wsdl/webservice.x.y.1.1.wsdl') -> proxy('http://machinename:2222');
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

mismatch between Perl 5.6 and Perl 5.8 in printing high precisionvalues.

printf("%.32g\n",0.99999999976716936); Perl 5.6.1 output: 0.99999999976716936 --> GOOD Perl 5.8.6 output: 0.99999999976716925 --> ERROR Any reason for such mismatch Please let me know how to avoid that or any alternative approach if any.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

finding & saving accented (unicode) chars with perl 5.6.1

Hartmut Camphausen wrote: > > Hint: You are using $wrd as a RE several times. For the sake of > efficiency you should compile it as a RE > > $wrd = qr/\/&.+;/ That will produce a syntax error because of the '&.+;/' after the compiled expression qr/\/ $ perl -le'$wrd = qr/\/&.+;/' syntax error at -e line 1, near "&." Search pattern not terminated or ternary operator parsed as search pattern at -e line 1. John -- Perl isn't a toolbox, but a small machine shop where you can special-order certain sorts of tools at low cost and in short order. -- Larry Wall
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 5th November 2012
View Replies!

FAQ 5.6 How do I make a temporary file name?

This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq5.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

Experts on embedding Perl in C wanted: Weird problem on RH7.3/Perl 5.6.1

I'm tearing my hair out on this one. I'm trying to embed a Perl interpreter into a C program. I need to be able to create and destroy the interpreter periodically, but will never actually have two interpreters at ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 19th November 2012
View Replies!

How to make all files in one directory to an array

Hi all, How to form array by using the files available in particular directory for example, /tmp contains the following files.. #ls /tmp example.txt file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt sample.txt www.txt zzz.txt i want to take all the above files in ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

To install mysql for DBI in Perl 5.6

I have installed Active Perl 5.6 and DBI 1.48 in my XP system and the list of the drivers doesnt seem to include mysql or Oracle. Due to firewall restrictions, ppm> search mysql does not connect either. So I ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

webcrawle with LWP: how to make redirection work?

I am making a webcrawler and it needs to go through the login on the front page. I use LWP:UserAgent and HTML::Form to basically post the username and password to the site. Once past the login, I should be ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

script to make font as a grid in plain text?

I need to generate, from a truetype (Unicode) font a pattern of the font in a certain size. Basically to get a "grid" of the font, best in a selected size. There are examples here http://czyborra.com/unifont/ but how to use ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

How to open temporary with Perl 5.6?

in the test suite of one of my modules I use open TMP, '+>', undef or die ... to open a temporary file which is more or less as it is documented in my Perl 5.8.8 documentation: > As ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

FAQ 3.19 How can I make my CGI script more efficient?

This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq3.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

FAQ 6.6 How can I make "\w" match national character sets?

This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq6.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

FAQ 4.68 How can I make the Perl equivalent of a C structure/C++ class/hash or array of hashes or arrays?

This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq4.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

make test failing on Berkeley DB 4.5/perl 5.8 (and 5.6) on BSD6/AMD64

On Make: BerkeleyDB.xs: In function `XS_BerkeleyDB__Txn__DESTROY': BerkeleyDB.xs:4067: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size On Make test example: t/btree........Can't load '/BerkeleyDB/db-4.5.20/perl/BerkeleyDB/blib/arch/auto/BerkeleyDB/BerkeleyDB.so' for module BerkeleyDB: BerkeleyDB/db-4.5.20/perl/BerkeleyDB/blib/arch/auto/BerkeleyDB/BerkeleyDB.so: unsupported file layout at lib/perl5/5.8.5/i386-freebsd-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 230. at t/btree.t line 6 Compilation failed ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Big widget problems from perl 5.6 to 5.8

, I use Active Perl for my Windows based perl/tk scripts. Until last month, I used perl 5.6 but I have switched recently to perl 5.8, in order to have the most recent perl/tk (I needed tk: ng for example). ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

BerkeleyDB install errors (perl v5.6.1, MSWin32-x86-multi-thread) using PPM

Hi , Need some help. I am getting following error while installing module BerkeleyDB. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PPM interactive shell (2.2.0) - type 'help' for available commands. PPM> install BerkeleyDB Install package 'BerkeleyDB' (y/N): y Installing package 'BerkeleyDB'... Error installing package 'BerkeleyDB': ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Tk-804.027 make test failing with many dubious errors

VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Hacking a script (makemenu.pl)

Hi. Infrequent hacker here. (Originally posted to alt.comp.lang.perl. Not much happening over there!) I've spent the last two days trying to hack H. Churchyard's makemenu.pl so it will work on my WinME PC. I've got lots of hair but I ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

make test fails for XML::PARSER

Hi all, In order to get SOAP Lite installed, I had to install a bunch of other prereq perl modules, including XML::PARSER. The only prereq to XML::PARSER I needed to install was expat. I downloaded expat 1.95.8 from sourceforge and ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!