ANNOUNCE: spodcxx v0.21, a (s)POD Parser and (s)POD to HTML converter

L.S., I've released 'spodcxx' version 0.21, which provides a sPOD 2 HTML converter. SPOD is a superset of POD, which is widely used as documentation language for perl modules. SPOD can also be used to document scheme code and has ...
Posted On: Wednesday 28th of November 2012 01:32:18 AM Total Views:  256
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Perl PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

parser project needs C++ programmer

I'd like to know if anyone of you would be interested in being payed ($$$) to program a BNF like parser. Intermediate to advanced programmer skills required because the project deals allot with pointers and memory updates and inter-mixes c/c++/perl code. Anyone interested visit http://www.angelfire.com/cppcode/blog/spec_0.txt for futher details cvv3@yahoo.com
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
View Replies!

parser using perl

I am trying to extract information from a file that follows the syntax of a high level language (something like C++) The script just needs to understand a very minuscule portion of this language to do this. It does not have to know the complete high level language. I just wanted to know any modules are available within perl that makes this job easier. I feel it is possible to do the complete work in perl, but I might be wrong. Especially around the recursion that languages support. The other option I have is to use a public domain parser like Bison and parse the input, build some data structure that perl can lookup and do the processing. I would like to know experience of people on this forum ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

little problem with xml::dom::parser

dear group, i have a little problem with the automatic conversion from unicode entities in real characters by XML:OM::Parser (or XML::Parser). for example i have the string '&x#A0;' in a xml source file and i want it after parsing with XML:OM::Parser also in the target xml file. begin source file: Mathias Wuendisch end source file: begin perl script: #!c:\perl\bin\perl.exe -w use XML:OM; use strict; &process_file( shift @ARGV ); sub process_file { my $infile = shift; my $dom_parser = new XML:OM::Parser(NoExpand => 1, ProtocolEncoding => 'iso-8859-1', ParseParamEnt => 0, ExpandParamEnt => 0) ; my $doc = $dom_parser->parsefile( $infile ,NoExpand => 1, ParseParamEnt => 0, ExpandParamEnt => 0) ; print $doc->toString; $doc->dispose; } exit; end perl script: after: perl xml-dom-test.pl test.xml > test1.xml i have this begin target file: MathiasWuendisch end target file: i've read the sourceforge faq and i've found a solution for "named entities" like this: --- ]> Mathias Wuendisch --- ok, than the "named entity"   is also in the target file... but what is with "unnamed entities" like &x#A0; why did the NoExpand flag or ExpandParamEnt flag not work for me any suggestions kind regards, mathias wündisch
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 17th October 2012
View Replies!

XML file parser

What is the best module to use for reading in an XML file, modifying a field and then writing it back to file There seem to be a lot of XML parsers out there....
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

HTML::Tokerparser / parsing ,

I am using the Tokeparser module for a html file that contains movie title, description, library call number, year, duration etc. But the html files are marked so I have to rely on the the paragraph and line break. Here's what I have so far. This is a sample html chunk, after the the next record starts. I am trying to covert this into a SQL database. ___HTML__ 124- Chocolat Santa Monica, CA, 106 minutes MGM Home Entertainment, 2001 DVD 791.43653 C451 A young woman returns to Cameroon to trace her past. Soon the sights, sounds, and smells sweep her back to her childhood and memories of the people who populated her youth. (French with English and Spanish subtitles.) __HTML___ This is what I have so far: use strict ; use HTML::TokeParser; $p = HTML::TokeParser->new("movie.html") || die "Can't open: $!"; while (my $token = $p->get_token) { if ($p->get_tag("p")) { my $title = $p->get_trimmed_text; print "$title\n"; } elsif ($p->get_tag("br")){ my $desc = $p->get_trimmed_text ; print "$desc \n"; } } I was able to extract the title and description, how do I get the rest of the information # perl toke.pl 124- Chocolat A young woman returns to Cameroon to trace her past. Soon the sights, sounds, and smells sweep her back to her childhood and memories of the people who populated her youth. (French with English and Spanish subtitles.) --s
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!

Perl module for xslt parser

Can anyone suggest better Perl module for parsing xslt.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!

Does Perl use a special hand-made parser, or does it use Yacc or someother pre-packaged tool?

Do you know
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!

Perl SAX parser XML::LibXML::SAX

: This questions relates to the behavior of the Perl SAX 2.0 parser XML::LibXML::SAX. My understanding of a default namespace is that all unprefixed names get assigned to the default namespace at and below the level of the element in ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

How can I get a nicer HTML output from POD parsers???

Dear community, from using the tools pod2html and pod2htmltree I understand that I might add a stylesheet-file (*.css) to modify the appearance of the generated tags of the html-resultfiles. Now, what I would like to understand is how to use ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

DBI and xml:parser

i have created a script that uses the DBI and the XML::Parser modules. i have created a connection in the main scope and then i create & execute a statment in one of the start_handler of the xml: arser, along ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

[OT] Yet Another Perl Conference North America 2005 announces call-for-papers

YAPC::NA 2005 (Yet Another Perl Conference, North America) has just released its call-for-papers; potential and aspiring speakers can submit a presentation proposal via: http://yapc.org/America/cfp-2005.shtml The dates of the conference are Monday - Wednesday 27-29 June 2005. The location will be ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 19th November 2012
View Replies!

HTML::parser

I'm trying to install SpamAssassin under cygwin and I get an error that I'm missing HTML: arser 3.24. I figure I've got to do something in CPAN but everything I've tried is unrecognized. Anyone know what to do or where ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 19th November 2012
View Replies!

HTML::Pullparser error

I am currently writing a benchmark tester for a web application. I send the first command, then gather the results, on the third time around I parse the results to build the arguments for the next command. sub parseQuerySchedule() { ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

Autmating cgi/perl scripts for html pages

I'm looking for some kind of software which can give cgi/perl scripts autmatically based on the user input to the web page so that each web page can be made dynamic page once the software gives the server side ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

remove all html tags by perl

Could someone tell me how to remove all html tags (and anything inside tags) by perl. Some people suggested me to use HTML::TagFilter but i could not find window version.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Bewildering perl parser bug

The following demo code causes the warning "Useless use of a constant in a void context": use strict; use warnings; { ; package ABC; 1; } sub foo {} foo ABC->xyz, 2; __END__ ....because perl parses the last line as ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to generate parser from *.l and *.y files?

I have input files for lex and yacc (tok.l and gram.y). I could use lex and yacc to generate a parser from these files, but the generated code would be C. Is there a way to directly generate Perl code ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

html form to MS Access?

I have a site which uses a form. I would like to be able to export the data from the form to MS Access. Some of the fields may contain commas, which I think may be a problem. Can ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Generating html tables on the fly

I am trying to scavange a example script I found on the web. The aubroutine is below. Basically I want to extract data from a sql db then generate a table of values on the fly. The script below keeps ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Read a html file, extract email addresses?

I have searched without success for a simple script that can read any text html file and extract the email addresses from it. I am not interested in spamming people. I play a sport that requires me to email people ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!