Forum

RECENTLY INDEXED PROGRAMMING SOLUTIONS OF Perl

strange behaviour in a loop  

Valid = array[1..13] of Byte; Why does the loop:for i := Low(Valid) to High(Valid) dobeginif Valid[i] = 99 then Exit;some code...end; actuallay compile as:for i := High(Valid) downto Low(Valid) do... ?... Continue Reading
Views : 153
Wednesday 3rd of October 2012

CodeGear RAD Studio 2007 slip file  

Where do I acquire a .slip file so that I don't need internet access to register the product?I frequently install the IDE on VM's and such and don't want to hassle with internet connectivity. Continue Reading
Views : 136

Problem with Copy and Paste  

I am running into a problem with copy and paste in my application. Ihave a TEdit control on a form. I would like to be able to copy fromthe TEdit by typing Ctrl-C and to paste by typing Ctrl-V. If I justhave a simple application with a TEdit on... Continue Reading
Views : 130

Embarcadero Lets All Be Positive  

My company has used Delphi to provide software for auto dealerships for 10years. I have long considered Delphi to be one of several strategicadvantages my company had over our competitors. The people at codegear havehad a huge impact on my... Continue Reading
Views : 82

Strange behaviour of Delphi 2006 Arc when having a homedrive at M: set in environment  

Using University laptop for my work. All computers are locked with followingSET command in registry: HOMEDRIVE=M: This is the only reference I find towards M: drive. After starting, and now and then else, BDS hangs for 50 seconds (or... Continue Reading
Views : 140

fastreport delphi on vista  

HiI have installed Delphi 2007 on Vista OS and I installed fastreport onDelphi but it doesnt work properlyAt FastReport newsgroups told me that probably I should make some changes inVista and thay addressed meto yours newsgorup to ask... Continue Reading
Views : 85

Codegear sold : For how many U.S. dollars was sold   

Hi For how many U.S. dollars was sold ? i have read : 23 MIL USD. but.... ONLY 23 mil. ??? why ? Continue Reading
Views : 118

Avoiding string rellocation (optimization question)  

Hi, I'm writing an algorithm to check if a string is valid.I came up with the following routine: function FixNRDoc( const aNRDoc : string; Const aLen, aLevel : Integer; out isOk : Boolean ) : String;varV :... Continue Reading
Views : 127

adding a member to a set of options  

working with tmsStringGrid and want to programmatically set one of the'options' propertes at run time.How do you do add or subtract just one member ot the options? option to include in set: goEditingTadvSpreadGrid.options:=? Continue Reading
Views : 104

Dynamic array of record ()  

Rolf, Dynamic arrays of records works just fine. I've been doing it foryears with great results. Although the largest arrays I've used havebeen 184K+ elements of 10 item records. --Q 05/10/2008 10:01:36... Continue Reading
Views : 139

nice post by Michael  

Continue Reading
Views : 105

Some positive perspective on the deal  

Continue Reading
Views : 96

Cloud computing is the story of our lifetime  

From this article: Continue Reading
Views : 113

TListView flicker on Scroll  

Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to avoid the screen flicker when scrollinga listview? I am using a standard TListView and simply adding items to it. ThanksKhurram Continue Reading
Views : 50

Borland haven't got the message yet  

Just received this email. ============================================= Free Borland/ CodeGear Seminar Date: Wednesday, 21 May 2008 Johannesburg Venue : Midrand Conference Centre Address : 661 Pendulum... Continue Reading
Views : 119

Re: Multi core  

On 2008-04-28, John Jacobson wrote:>>> And I have doubts that is reasonably possible. In that I agree with>>> Knuth.>>>> ...like you "disagreeing" with Knuth would... Continue Reading
Views : 67

Test rigs, dev machines and psychic debugging  

I got a cool new dev machine from my Boss as a sort of late Xmaspresent a few months ago. After all the fun of installing Delphi on it, and getting all of mycustom components to work to the point where I could rebuild a project Continue Reading
Views : 101

I Want To Walk Through A Table's Defined Fields , locate one field by name and remove from defs in code  

Hi, I want to walk through a table's Defined Fields, locate a given field byname, when found remove that field definition from the table but keep allother fields. Can someone show me in code how to ? Thanks in... Continue Reading
Views : 157

calling base class method instead of descendent method  

Hi all,I feel this should be a simple question, but I can't quite figure outhow to do it. I have a class, TPacket_Base, that has Virtual WriteToStream andReadFromStream methods. I have descendent classes that override these... Continue Reading
Views : 97

Embarcadero Delphi Macrovision InstallShield merging technologies under one roof  

X-platform, DB, RAD, Licensing, Deploy all from one solution... is thislikely, possible? ...looking down this new path that's become availablefor Delphi... it would be peachy. -- Continue Reading
Views : 155

Embarcadero Delphi Macrovision InstallShield merging technologies under one roof  

X-platform, DB, RAD, Licensing, Deploy all from one solution... is thislikely, possible? ...looking down this new path that's become availablefor Delphi... it would be peachy. -- Continue Reading
Views : 133

Websphere MQ reference confusing IDE  

Hello, If I create a D2007 .NET Console Project then add a reference to IBM's WebSphere MQ assembly (amqmdnet.dll) the IDE gets confused and no longer recognizes SysUtils. Conflicting namespaces perhaps. Any suggestions on getting around this? NB... Continue Reading
Views : 130

Re: RAD Studio Roadmap Updated  

"Bruce McGee" wrote in messagenews:xn0fpdyq542zioz000@newsgroups.borland.com...> Alchemist wrote:>>> its cheaper to go with the SA... IF they have a release every year... Continue Reading
Views : 79

FYI - Movie #33 up - parameters  

I thought this would be an easy topic to explain, check out my attempton my website http://codegearguru.com (which... Continue Reading
Views : 85

break points not breaking.  

hi all, for some reason I cant get my program to stop at break points..ie. Iput the red dot on a line of code then run the program which should stop atthat line..I'm sure that's how it worked before in d2007 or maybe that wasd7..my programs are... Continue Reading
Views : 89

XPMan and transparancy  

D7. I have a form with a memo some labels and 2 buttons. I dropped a group box overit, and put some components on it. When I make the groupbox visible, the labels andbuttons below it show thru. Since the GB has no transparency property, I can't toggle Continue Reading
Views : 56

Uses (Implementation) not working  

Hi,I am using Delphi 2007 (D2007) to work on a legacy project that was createdin Delphi 6 (D6). My trouble is that D2007 will not allow me to use TQueriesfrom units that were created in D6. Is there something that I can do toeliminate this... Continue Reading
Views : 124

difficult on showing docked form in a page control  

Hi, all, There is a page control contains a bunch of pages, and in the last page itsdocksite property is set to true to hold the child form, the housing form iscreated dynamically and it would create the instance of the child form in Continue Reading
Views : 116

Farewell Borland!  

As someone who started Pascal programming with Turbo Pascal 2.0, Borland wasalways the company behind those excellent RAD tools which enabled usdeveloping high quality software with minimal effort. Borland was always apart of our education in... Continue Reading
Views : 138

Simple application and Service  

Hello I'm developing a new application and I would like to know how can I make anapplication be a Service and a simple application at the same time? Thanks in advance.Julio Continue Reading
Views : 110