Issue with bullets display on mobile devices | DaniWeb

I have an issue where bulleted items are not indented when viewed on mobile devices (only tested on i-phone). It can be viewed here: Click Here Any ideas or snippets that can be added to the code to fix the compatibility problems
Posted On: Thursday 20th of September 2012 11:54:13 PM Total Views:  119
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF HTML PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Need help with header spacing issues

I am having an issue with the actual height of the main site navigation. It is not up against the main header image as it should be. The url to view the problem is: Click Here I would greatly appreciate any help looking into this,
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 21st September 2012
View Replies!

2 column layout issue when using borders

all, I'm new to CSS layouts and am trying to create a two column layout within a wordpress page. The left and right column line up as expected until I add border-left and padding into the mix found within div#mediaPhotos. After adding it, the right div is still on the right but isn't aligned with the top of the page. It's found all the way at the bottom. Here's the HTML: a bunch of text and videos can be found here a bunch of text and images are found here Here's the CSS: div#mediaContent { height:100%; width:100%; } div#mediaVideos { display:inline-block; height:100%; width:70%; float:left; } div#mediaPhotos { display:inline-block; width:30%; height:100%; float:right; border-left: 2px dotted #51303f; padding: 15px; } div.mediaCleared { clear: both; }
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 22nd September 2012
View Replies!

position fixed issues with images

HI there, I am having some issues with position fixed. I am trying to replicate this layout http://www.csszengarden.com/cssfile=/213/213.css&page=0 This is what I came up so far antobbo.webspace.virginmedia.com/test/test.htm. good, but I had an issue and I can't figure out what it was causing it. At the moment the fixed image is in a div on its own: This is a test css Zen Garden ... and here's the css for the fixed div: #image_fixed { //background-image:url('bottom.png'); height:200px; position:fixed; bottom:0px; } So the issue is that if I add the image in the html everything works, but if I insert the image in the css as above - I commented it out - the image doesn't display. WHy is that I can't come up with an explanation...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 25th September 2012
View Replies!

forum and script submit button issue

HI! I'm new to this forum so be nice since i only know the basic of HTML coding anyway i have an issue with my code, it's a simple issue i thinkbut i just don't know where i went wrong. anyway I've created a form that has a submit button there's only one submit button on the page but itdoesn't work when i press the "ENTER key" it only works when i click on the submit button. When i click on it via firefox it doesn't do anything but when i click the enter button on my phone when i test out the website it goes to a blank page with a little error message. please tell me what is wrong with my code below. please note that the ******** are actual numbers on my site i've only put asterisk because i dont want anyone knowing my password on this site, thank you for understanding. Also a quick question is there a code that resizes a page base on which device it is seen on such as on a 10" inch laptop to a small 4" inch phone so that it just fits perfectly. function submitentry(){password = document.password1.password2.value.toLowerCase()passcode = 1for(i = 0; i < password.length; i++) {passcode *= password.charCodeAt(i);}//CHANGE THE NUMBERS BELOW TO REFLECT YOUR USERNAME/PASSWORDif(passcode==********)//CHANGE THE NUMBERS ABOVE TO REFLECT YOUR USERNAME/PASSWORD{window.location="menu.htm"}else{alert("password wrong")}}
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

text-decoration issue

I have the site design. I am facing with text-decoration issue. However in firefox it seems to be cool but in chrome it is underlined even the text-decoration is set to none .
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

CSS positioning issues

, i have never been really succesful at positioning items on a page with css, it's taken me a long time but i finally worked it out, buit for some reason with the code i am now using my border will not locate properly, i have attached an image, you will see what i mean when you see it, and here is my html: Newest Articles Article #1 help help help help help help help help help hep help help Read More And here is my CSS: #article { color: #000; font-family: verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 1em; line-height: 1.5em; text-align: left; border-style: solid; border-width: 1px; padding: 10px; } .article_image { position:absolute; z-index:0; } .article_name { position:absolute; padding-left: 95px; z-index:1; text-align:left; width:334px; } .article_text { position:absolute; padding-left: 95px; z-index:2; text-align:left; width:334px; } Can anybody help explain to me why my border isnt working correctly While your reading through my code, let me know if you see anything that could be done better please... David...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

iframe issue

. I am supporting a site that someone else developed and I have a question about iframes.The page was created to load a list of products in an iframe from an include file. This works fine but from that list of products the user can click through to view that products description. When they click on a product the entire page is loaded into the iframe with the header and navigation. If I am clicking on a link within an iframe how do I get the next page to keep from loading within the iframe
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 26th September 2012
View Replies!

Html issue with swf banner

I have created a banner in flash and add some code that help me track my banner here is the code I added to swf file myButton_btn.onRelease = function() { if (clickTAG.substr(0, 5) == "http:") { getURL(clickTAG); } }; And now i added that swf file in to html and followed gudeline by adobe but nothing happened plz help Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player. swfobject.registerObject("FlashID"); Adobe guideline url: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flash/cs/using/WSd60f23110762d6b883b18f10cb1fe1af6-7b29a.html#WSd60f23110762d6b883b18f10cb1fe1af6-7b25a
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

firefox issue with my css

I am making a responsive site. Please resize your screen to 980px-ish to see the problem as I've not configured the other screen resolutions sizes. My page works as i expected in chrome and firefox in http://mambo.3thirteen.co.uk/en but then when i move the css form the main
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

absoluted div issue

there, i make table with some results and want to make the first row (titles) absoluted, but all the table have horizontal-scrollbar when i move the scroll the absoluted row dont move. how to fix that with CSS :/ Code: .slim #blueBar{height:37px;} #blueBar{background-color:#3b5998;width:895px;z-index:300} .fixed_elem{position:absolute;clip : auto;white-space:normal;} #boxtable { /*the chat div container*/ text-align:left; margin:0 auto; margin-bottom:10px; padding:1px; background-color: #f0f0f0; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px; border-right: 1px solid rgba(9, 9, 9, 0.125); height:400px; width:910px; overflow:auto; } UID PID Admin Name Class Specialty Level Contribute Exp GID GRole Strength Health Intelligence Wisdom Dexterity CurHP CurMP PUPoint SUPoint Killed Map X Y Z Face Hair RevivalId Rage Reborn TradeCharacter Price AccountUID UID PID Admin Name Class Specialty Level Contribute Exp GID GRole Strength Health Intelligence Wisdom Dexterity CurHP CurMP PUPoint SUPoint Killed Map X Y Z Face Hair RevivalId Rage Reborn TradeCharacter Price AccountUID UID PID Admin Name Class Specialty Level Contribute Exp GID GRole Strength Health Intelligence Wisdom Dexterity CurHP CurMP PUPoint SUPoint Killed Map X Y Z Face Hair RevivalId Rage Reborn TradeCharacter Price AccountUID UID PID Admin Name Class Specialty Level Contribute Exp GID GRole Strength Health Intelligence Wisdom Dexterity CurHP CurMP PUPoint SUPoint Killed Map X Y Z Face Hair RevivalId Rage Reborn TradeCharacter Price AccountUID
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

I cannot figure out how to fix this issue in IE!

I don't get it... I really don't know what the issue is. In Firefox the site/margins/header looks perfect... then in Internet Explorer I've got this big empty space that I just can't figure out how to fix...Firebug doesn't help b/c it looks perfect in Firefox... I know there are a million "WTF IE" posts in these forums... And here's another. The community has been extremely helpful in the past so I'm hoping ya'll can come through again!THE site: [url=test2.madadmedia.com]test2.madadmedia.com[/url]Firefox on left --- IE on right:http://test2.madadmedia.com/img/FFIE.jp
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 27th September 2012
View Replies!

Table format and items order issues

I am a beginner in HTML and I've tried to implement a drop search form in already formatted table with dimensions, however the drop_down search stays on top and pushes down the table. It is probably a simple solutions so any feedback will be appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 27th September 2012
View Replies!

HTML issues with IE8... banging head on wall

I'm working on this website and it renders in Firefox and IE9 perfectly fine but the bottom half breaks alignment on IE8 . I cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong here:www.trustedlifeline.uuuq.com
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th September 2012
View Replies!

How to solve this Firefox compatibility issue?

Dear all, I got a problem with the header in a website that I was working on, now it is nearly published but after I had tested it over several browsers I got a problem with firefox. Check out the header how does it look like: http://www.birthkuwait.com I'm using Blogger. Any ideas how to solve this issue, please
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Can someone point out how to solve this issue, kindly?

There is no CSS file to go with this And do you really expect us to troll through this looking for where the color is set I get the feeling you just copied the whole query library into the post. The code from your web page would be far more useful.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

javascript causing css issues

Still looking for an answer to this issue.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Image issue

, I'm having a little bit of trouble modify my colleagues old website (a new one is being made currently, but I'm tasked with fixing some issues with the current one). Look at the blue buttons saying Previous and Next on the bottom of this page: http://www.electrix.co.uk/view_products.phpoffset=10&id=86 In IE7 they display fine, but in Safari (latest version) and Firefox, they display either "wonky" or with two arrows per button (one hiding behind the text), as if each button has been duplicated. Any idea why this would be Here is the CSS for said buttons: .beth_link_right { width: 100px; padding-right: 10px; padding-left: 5px; padding-top, padding-bottom: 0px; text-align: left; border: 1px solid #005FF8; cursor: pointer; background: url('../images/right_arrow_dark.gif') top right no-repeat; background-color: #005FF8; } .beth_link_right a { color: #ffffff; text-decoration: none; } .beth_link_left { width: 100px; padding-right: 5px; padding-left: 10px; padding-top, padding-bottom: 0px; text-align: right; border: 1px solid #005FF8; cursor: pointer; background: url('../images/left_arrow_dark.gif') top left no-repeat; background-color: #005FF8; } .beth_link_left a { color: #ffffff; text-decoration: none; }
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 29th September 2012
View Replies!

HTML issue with web pages only shows up in Safari

! I am new to the group and very happy to have found you! I have used this forum for reference on other issues but I seem to need to come out of lurking mode for help on this one!!I designed a site for a friend:http://www.demfamilyarts.com/devzone/calendar.htmThis works fine in Firefox, Chrome and even IE (!!) but I hit a snag in Safari... for some reason my background image will not extend to the length of the page, it shows at the top but stops and gives me this big ugly white background instead.Can you tell me what I am doing wrong Anyone else had this problem before
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 30th September 2012
View Replies!

IE 7 issues - Maybe 6/8 as well

Hi . I am creating a web site and i'm nearly done but have serious problems with IE 7. For some reason its throwing the text by the title to the right. Its a photocopier company and i need it looking smart. www.e-sol.co.uk At the top you will see the title Challenge under that a sub title then 2 lines of text. This text isnt inline with the subtitle in IE7 its fine in 9 and Chrome. Please could someone advise.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Alignment issue: trying to make a series of links?

The site is gameperspective.freehosting.com. For some reason the button link (Visual) isn't aligning flush with the div margin, it is sliding to the bottom right. Here is the CSS, and the HTML, what is going wrong Relevant HTML: My new blog/ information website! Musical Perspectives Storytelling Perspectives Minigame Perspectives Relevant CSS: body { margin:0; padding:0; color:#000; background:#CFF; text-align:center; } #column { width:750px; height:500px; margin:0 auto; background:#CFF; } #wrap { width:750px; height:500px; background:#CFF; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } #links {float:top; width:750px; height:50px; background:#EAEAEA; border-style:solid; border-width:thin; text-align: left; border-color:#C7C7C7; font-size: 15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; } #links li{float:left }
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!