Where to store connection string

I recently read this article on the best place to store a connection string.

http://www.aspalliance.com/stevesmith/articles/dotnetconnectionstrings.asp

Is the web.config the best place to store the connection string
Posted On: Wednesday 2nd of January 2013 02:29:17 AM Total Views:  279
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF ASP.NET PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

do asp buttons have to be declared as void?

I have a button on my asp.net program, but I don't want it to be void because I need to return an integer produced within it, and pass it as a parameter in another function. This all works out fine on the c# side of things, but I run into a problem with the html side. Here is my code snippet: protected int twist2(object sender, EventArgs e) { int eval = 21 - total; return eval; } but I have a problem with this line of html referring to the the button Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: CS0407: 'int _Default.twist2(object, System.EventArgs)' has the wrong return type does anyone know how to fix this I'm not that great at html so in a bit of a rut!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

Issues with web.config

Writing code to force SSL on a webform at work. The error I'm getting is: Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Force Secure.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Source Error: Line 22: Line 23: Line 24: Line 25: Line 26: The Force Secure is in a different folder under Visual Studios Projects. Account_Request is on the desktop in WIP. Could this be causing the error I have Account_Request referencing Force Secure (added it in the solution in Visual Studios and manually added the reference to Account_Request project's references). Account_Request is a web form, Force Secure is a code library. This is the code I pulled it from: ... Which name space should I be using, and am I referencing the assembly right Also, I built the code library to make it a .dll, but I do not have Strong Name on it, nor am I entirely sure how to go about that without wrecking the entire thing and having to start over. I am doing this on a copy of the original source code, so if I need to start over, I can. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Part of the issue I'm having is that this is my first real foray into the world of security. I've been coding in C# and asp.net for my job (student worker at IT support at a university), but I still run into issues.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 16th November 2012
View Replies!

Is client online

I am trying to make a sub that handles if the client is online. What I mean is: When the client goes to another page or closes IE/firefox/... I want my server to do the procedure have written. The only problem is I don't know how to create this event. What I tried is: Protected Sub test() Handles response.isClientConnected But this doesn't work.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Image rotating code

I want to simple image rotating code. vb script, or asp. net is ok. please send me.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

inserting into database

Imports System.Data.SqlClient Partial Class Register Inherits System.Web.UI.Page Protected Sub Submit1_Click1(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Submit1.Click txtName.Text = txtName.Text.Replace("'", "''") txtFamily.Text = txtFamily.Text.Replace("'", "''") txtUser.Text = txtUser.Text.Replace("'", "''") txtPass.Text = txtPass.Text.Replace("'", "''") txtEmail.Text = txtEmail.Text.Replace("'", "''") txtPhone.Text = txtPhone.Text.Replace("'", "''") Dim NonQuery As String Dim sqlCon As New SqlConnection(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("dbConnectionString").ConnectionString) NonQuery = "Insert into users(username,password,name,family,emailadress,phone number) values ('" _ & txtUser.Text.Trim & "','" & txtPass.Text.Trim & "','" & txtName.Text.Trim & "','" _ & txtFamily.Text.Trim & "','" & txtEmail.Text.Trim & "','" & txtPhone.Text.Trim & "');" Dim sqlCmd As New SqlCommand(NonQuery, sqlCon) sqlCon.Open() sqlCmd.ExecuteNonQuery() sqlCon.Close() txtName.Text = "" txtFamily.Text = "" txtUser.Text = "" txtPass.Text = "" txtEmail.Text = "" txtPhone.Text = "" End Sub End Class i am having an error : Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Incorrect syntax near 'number'.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 24th November 2012
View Replies!

SSRS 2005 report execution and exporting

Hi ,I need to write a code that will automatically execute a report from ssrs 2005 and then export it to excel, based on a timed interval or schedule. Essentially, I want to do what the SSRS subscription service do. i'm not sure how to go about it as i am new to the whole thing, so I apologize if this is in the wrong section.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

Using Master Pages in ASP.NET

sheir Ottawa, ON, Canada Since 8/25/2003 Posts 3 Reputation 15 Reply Sheir Ali (sheir) replied on 7/16/2006 8:13 AM rated by 0 users Any idea on what would be an easy way to do Master Pages in ASP.NET 1.1
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

ASP.NET Form Development Best Practices

,I was wondering whether someone can point me in the direction of a good tutorial / sample (or provide some advice) of creating an ASP.NET Form that can be bound against a specific Datasource (most likely this will be a strongly typed dataset) with facilities for Adding and Amending the data from the database. In ASP Classic - the approach I would take would be to either create one single ASP page that would accept a parameter (such as 'new', 'edit' or 'delete') and adjust the interface accordingly OR create appropriate pages for each action (depending on the complexity and requirements of the project). However, during my ASP.NET enlightenment, such as using the DataGrid's EditCommand, I've got the suspicion that a similar method (as the EditCommand) can be employed for single form data entry and amendment.Personally, I've got a good idea how to implement this - but attempts to find any details regarding best practices, etc. of this approach or for the scenario I've just described have not been leaping out at me. So, if you know of any good sources or have any experience of the above - it would be extremely useful.CheersM
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Microsoft Outlook

please suggest me how to do microsoft outlook\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

Problems storing datetime in mssql databse using c#

, i am trying to store the datetime on a database fild of time datetime using a C# code. This is what i am doing; on my code behind i have this code on the push button event: protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { fecha.Text = DateTime.Now.ToString(); //here i set the asp label with the value for then pass to the database when call the insert statement that is the next. SqlDataSource1.Insert(); } this is my code in the webform: and this is my insert command: If i run the application locally on my computer it works great and the date and time is stored on corresponding database field. But after upload my app to godaddy its dont works. The date and time is not stored when i click the button, all other fields are stored but the datetime gets a null value.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!

in a pickle with strings

... I'm really not very good with c#, this is pretty much my first crack and I like it...but i'm pretty stuck and would really appreciate some help if you could I'd like to get a string from textbox1, then on button click, send this text to textbox2 with 'x' after every other character in the string originally in textbox1. In other words, textbox 1 would read "this is a string", then on button blick, textbox 2 would read 2= "txhxixs xixs xa xsxtxrxixnxg" it may seem a little daft but its for writing data to a com port, but the output theory would be the same... So somethinglike: private void button1_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { char[] inputtext = textBox1.Text.ToCharArray() string letterx = ((char)120).ToString(); for (int i = 0,i { textBox2.Text = (inputtext, i, 0); //*** Thread.Sleep(200); textBox2.Text = (letterx.ToString()); Thread.Sleep(200); } } So far i've been writing to the com port using serialPort1.Write(inputtext2, i, 1), but this only seemsto send a single character i'd really appriciate any help you could give cheers, M .
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

LoginStatus error using Blackberry device

I'm very new to asp.net but put together a site which uses the LoginStatus control on each page. When accessing the site using a PC it seems to work fine but when users access the site using the web on their Blackberry devices they get an error when they click on the LoginStatus control to log out.\tThe error says something like "Java Error: an error ocurred while executing the script" Any ideas or work arounds (ie better ways to log out).\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Dll reference.

dearI have 3 ASP.Net systems that reference a VB.Net dll.I need 4 setups to install systems(3) and dll(1).If I alter code only in VB.Net dll, Do I need to generate all 4 setups or only the VB.Net setupWhat about the systems(3) references to dllThank'sOfsoutoBrazil
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how to attach CSS to HTML control in asp.net

Hi!Probably its a silly question but i have been struggling for a while i need to do two things1. i have both server controls and html controls ()now for server control to attach a css i used cssclass attribute for html control what shoudl be i using because the style or class attributes are not generating the button in the same style as server control button for the same css class\t ANY SUGGESTIONS2. i have 4 panels on a single page and i wnt then to be of the same size irrespective of the contents how can i achieve that i tired using panel height =100% but it didnt work
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how to limit characters in datagrid field

I have a field where I'd like to limit the number of characters displayed.\tIdeally, I want to split the string, show the first three or four words, and end with ... so the user will know more data exists.\tMy problem is in retrieving the value of the field.\t(C#) Can anyone point me in the right direction
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

licensing scheme

Could someone advise on how to set up a Licensing scheme for asp.net application.I want to sell some code but dont want someone else to copy it and give it to others.Which is the best method of doing this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

string

If I run the following line in the RUN dialog box (i.e. start, run window) it works fine (Notice the double quotes at the beginning, middle and the end): "\\W-I55ZB6B7\c$\Program Files\game" \\psiukapp6\test.zip ckff.ckff.asc \\W-I55ZB6B7\c$\test"but when this line is created in c# it is not quite the same (Notice the double quotes) and therefore I can not run it using System.Diagnostics.Process.StartstrLine = @"\\W-I55ZB6B7\c$\Program Files\game \\psiukapp6\test.zip capt.capt.asc \\W-I55ZB6B7\c$\test"System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(strLine)The error is: system can not find the file specified.How is it possible to make the c# created string as same as the one which can be run in the RUN dialog box
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

make label text invisible after 3 minute?

I use label as message bar. Is it possible to make label text invisible after 3 minute
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

mouse over on image hyperlink opposed to image button

I have a mouse over event that will change the graphic of a button using javascript pretty straight forward.\tI use the same logic on a hyperlink, but the mouse over event does not seem to change the object.\tHere's my code'Image ButtonImgBtnChoice.Attributes.Add("onmouseover", "this.src='/GalleryCatalog/Image/arrow_sel.gif';")ImgBtnChoice.Attributes.Add("onmouseout", "this.src='/GalleryCatalog/Image/arrow_unsel.gif';")'HyperlinklnkAdvanceBid.Attributes.Add("onmouseover", "this.src='/GalleryCatalog/Image/arrow_sel.gif';")lnkAdvanceBid.Attributes.Add("onmouseout", "this.src='/GalleryCatalog/Image/arrow_unsel.gif';")If I make the hyperlink button an image button it works fine.\tAny ideas Jason MeckleyDatabase AnalystWITF
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

.net odbc connection successful but....

i downloaded the .net odbc dll from microsoft.com. i was able to access data from my interbase database by making a reference to the dll. putting in your code creates this reference. One major problem though. whenever i close my .net scripting page, this reference dissappears. does anyone know a way around this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

What is the syntax to test if a sel

What is the syntax to test if a selection has been made in a listbox I want to execute a sub when clicking a button, but only if they have selected a value in a listbox,cheers,si
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 28th November 2012
View Replies!

Change Root dir to dynamic MapPath

all,I'm not a dotnet user and I'm having a problem changing a root file location to MapPath type from this code I foundCODEFile DownloadSub Page_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs)\tDim root As String = "C:\temp\"\tDim files() As String = Directory.GetFiles(root)\tDim sb As New StringBuilder(2048)\tDim f As String\tFor Each f In files\t\tDim filename As String = Path.GetFileName(f)\t\tsb.Append("").Append(filename).Append("")\tNext\tfileList.Text = sb.ToString()End SubI don't know where to edit/change the C:// to something more dynamic since I'll need this for server host purposes
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th December 2012
View Replies!

Import Visio Document to Visual Studio

Is there a way to import a visio document into visual studio for web devolopment
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

converting email for helpdesk call logging

It's been a while (18 months) since I've worked with .net, I'm now looking at upgrading an old helpdesk system I wrote.How difficult is it/ what would be the best way of adding a feature to automatically convert an email into a logged call. Does asp.net have mechanisms for identifying sender, sent time, extrapolating the email body, etctx
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

question about programmatically setting visibility on asp:hyperlink

I have a series of links that I want to be visible only when the url is equal to a certain address. I am using the asp:hyperlink control with unique ids. In my code behind I have:Inherits System.Web.UI.UserControlProtected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender as Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.LoadDim serverURL As stringIf serverURL = "http://google.com" ThenhyperlinkID.Visible = FalseElsehyperlinkID.Visible = TrueEnd IFEnd SubMy question is that this code worked once but now I am receiving an error that my hyperlinkID needs to be declared. Since it is an id of a control how would I declare it, or is there something else wrong Also how would I incorporate using the Request.Url.ToString to get the url of the page a person is on dynamically I do not want to hard code it.Since request is not part of the System.Web.UI.UserControl I receive an error. I have looked at several tutorials for .net and understand them but when I go to write code I am completely lost and overwhelmed...please help.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

IIF issue

I'm trying to toggle visibility for an ImageButton on or off based on data in the codebehind. I have this tag:visible=''and I'm getting this error:The name 'IIF' does not exist in the current contextAny ideas on what I'm doing wrong "The computer programmer is a creator of universes for which he alone is responsible. Universes of virtually unlimited complexity can be created in the form of computer programs."-Joseph Weizenbaum
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

basic connection of form parameter to a form

I would like to connect Form Parameter in SQLDataSource to form. I would like to pass from form input box to form parameter in sql datasource to call stored procedure by date. How do I do that
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Accessing 'Response' inside a created class

I created a class in my project and I want to access System.Web.HttpResponse.\tI've declared the folowing:using System;using System.Web;using System.Text;using System.Data.SqlClient;Any ideas how I can access itThe error message I get is:The type or namespace name 'Response' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

calling web method (web service)

I have a web method with an input parameter os string and an output parameter of xml (xml objecto from net). I want to call this web function (web service function) using soap envelope, however Im getting an error. Is the type of parameters important to be able to call a web service via soap envelope Any working example (vb.net)Thank you
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

windows XP

forgive me for being dim. I have XP SP2 and have installed VS.NET, .NET framework 1.1 and ASP.NET framework 1.1 and FP extensions 2002, but can't get my machine to run aspx files that are being served out be the webserver on the PC when I browse to them with IE6. Instead it asks if I want to open or save them (and open goes to Visual Studio .NET).Presumably I have missed a step somewhere that maps in IIS 5.1 the ASPX extension to the appropriate program on the PC\tPlease point me in the right direction or to the appropriate docs
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

environments

I'm a relative newcomer to .net so this may be very simple.We're currently trying to access some objects from asp.net, we can almost do it but there is one called environment that sets up the environment, obviously, for these objects. this is where .net seems to struggle. it simply says that it doesn't have access and i should make sure that the relevant account has access to the file (dll). It does, i gave full rights and even put the .net user account in admin (which destroyed my xp build).can asp.net handle new environments if so how do you set them up i'm currently using:Dim objEnvironment As PSControlProject.PSEnvironmentobjEnvironment = New PSControlProject.PSEnvironmentobjEnvironment.asControl(objPerson).CurrentEnvironment = objEnvironment.Environmentit's the 2nd line that it's failing on. remove it and it says its needed.Any ideas "Life is like a Ferrari, it goes to fast.But that's ok, because you can't afford it anyway" - Jim Davis (Garfield)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

I get this error when i try to buil

I get this error when i try to build and browse my application. of the settings are correct and I am a user in the database:Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.I also get the following error:Failed to enable constraints. One or more rows contain values violating non-null, unique, or foreign-key constraints. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.ConstraintException: Failed to enable constraints. One or more rows contain values violating non-null, unique, or foreign-key constraints.This error is thrown even when i select just the primary key from the db. No matter what fields i select the error is received.Help!!!Please!!!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Setting up ASP.net to send mail

Any help is much appreciated on this query,ASP.NET has been installed on our server (which can send normal coldfusion mail etc) and we have been developing for over a year now no problem. However simple asp.net mail scripts do not work - no email is recieved, the same script uploaded to our hosting provider works fine. Is there some sort of setup one needs to do before being able to send mails;Script: (obviously the to and from address as re filled in with valid addresses)MailMessage mail = new MailMessage();mail.To = ""mail.From = ""mail.BodyFormat = MailFormat.Html;mail.Subject = "test";mail.Body = "test body";SmtpMail.Send(mail)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Login Destination off of Table Value

I don't use the login controls, but it seems like you can do it.\tWhat you will have to do is query the database after the user logs in and is authenticated. , When I run the script for the page it returns a "Null" value errorCODEServer Error in '/' Application.Object reference not set to an instance of an object.Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.Source Error: Line 5:\t\t\t\t\tsdsAdmin.DataBind()Line 6:\t\t\t\t\tDim AdminLblRef As Label = CType(dlAdmin.FindControl("AdminLabel"), Label)Line 7:\t\t\t\t\tDim AdminLblText As String = AdminLblRef.TextLine 8:\t\t\t\t\tLine 9:\t\t\t\t\t , You did exactly what I was thinking.\tNice job, although\twould change it to use a stored procedure instead of inline SQL.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Page Load or IsPostBack?

On my web page I have a textbox in which the doctor enters a patient ID. A dropdown list is populated with the avaliable test dates when he enters a patient id and hits the Enter key. There are several other buttons on the page that allow him to pull up different test panels based on the patient id and date. Both the patient id and date are set as session variables. I figured out how to display a java box asking to select a date if he forgets(after entering a patient ID)and selects one of the panels first. My question is how do set the Session variable for Patient ID to " " on the initial page load without it resetting to " " every time the page reloadsMaybe IsPostBack or something along those lines
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

NullReferenceException when using custom role provider

I have a custom role provider & custom membership provider on my app. Membership works okay so far, but I get an error when I try to use the role provider.I've verified that the username (tcallahan) is in the database, and a member of the role ("Administrators") that I'm checking.Here's the code that throws an error:CODEMsgBox(Roles.IsUserInRole("tcallahan", "Administrator"))Full exception code:CODESystem.NullReferenceException was unhandled by user code\tMessage="Object reference not set to an instance of an object."\tSource="System.Web"\tStackTrace:\t\t\tat System.Web.Security.RolePrincipal.IsInRole(String role)\t\t\tat System.Web.Security.Roles.IsUserInRole(String username, String roleName)\t\t\tat scottsdale._Default.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Documents and Settings\myusername\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\tucson\scottsdale\Default.aspx.vb:line 13\t\t\tat System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)\t\t\tat System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)\t\t\tat System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)\t\t\tat System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)\t\t\tat System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)\t\t\tat System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)\tInnerException:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

How to Select row in GridView nested in Datalist

OK, I've spent all day thinking I am this close **two fingers close together**I have a Gridview inside a Datalist. The GridView populates fine, but the Select button does not work. I've searched high and low for a clear example on how to bind the GridView to the DataList, but no luck. I am using VB which does narrow down resources on the web. I want to do is send a query string to a new page upon selecting a row in the nested GridView. Any tips or directionThank you sooo much!Rob
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 2nd January 2013
View Replies!

ControlState Thoughts

I'm currently using ControlState to pass simple objects between postbacks. Can anyone comment on this approach and some things I might want to considerI don't want to get half way through development and realize that our architecture was a giant flop
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Using Assembly src="" in .vb files

Hi ,Hopefully this is a quickie!A few of the web apps we've built are not compiled, but instead use the directive similar to:in the top of the ASPX page, which relates to a .vb file in the directory with a couple of classes in it.\t(more code at the bottom) Very handy for anyone making small frequent changes, however I was wondering if anyone knows how you could link two .vb files together before they're using in the aspx page.\tEg, we have default.aspx, MyLib.vb and DatabaseLib.vb. I can do in the top of default.aspx so I have the classes/functions of both available in default.aspx, but can I somehow make the functions from DatabaseLib.vb available in MyLib.vb by using a similar methodI guess I could create a new instance of the class(es) in DatabaseLib.vb and pass them into the MyLib classes, but I was hoping there might be something as simple asImports "Databaselib.vb"which I could put in the top of MyLib.vb.Wow, I hope that makes sense!\tBit of a long explanation, hopefully there's a shorter answer! Any help would be much appreciated
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Redirect Issues

I have a C# asp page that needs to record a hit and redirect, but the Javascript isn't executing and the redirect beats the JS execute.CODE\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tRedirect\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

I am searching a way to control the whole web site performance

In short I will publish an ASP.NET VB.NET web application, it s a marketplace programmed all in line (without any IDE), and I use SQL 2000 Server as a database. Now I am searching a way, tool or technique to control web app performance when it will be running in a production server. Which kind of tools or techniques are normally used to control the performance of a professional website I want to control web performance so that when some page or pages start to work slowly, try to solve the problem as soon as possible (recoding or whatever). And at the same time I can control all what happened (in performance terms) during the hours in which the server is alone.Which kind of tool or technique you recommend me to control my start up performance\tOther experienced suggestions will be welcomedThank you
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

hard carriage return

,I am trying to force a carriage return and line feed (vbcrlf) in to a string which will be used for the body part of an email.\tHowever, when I received the message; it appears to me that the body is one continuous long long long string.here is my snipet code CODE\tmailbody = "," & vbcrlf & vbcrlf & "You have selected the following items: " & vbcrlf\tselect case semicode\t\t\tcase "123"\t\t\t\tmailbody = mailbody & "activity 1" & vbcrlf\t\t\t\tmailbody = mailbody & "activity 2" & vbcrlf\t\t\t\tmailbody = mailbody & "activity 3" \t\t\t\t\t\tcase "12"\t\t\t\tmailbody = mailbody & "activity 1" & vbcrlf\t\t\t\tmailbody = mailbody & "activity 2" & vbcrlf\tend selectThe outcome of this was:,You have selected the following items:activity 1activity 2activity3The only way I can line them up in the message was to reside the window down then I can get my altimate result which is,You have selected the following items:activity1activity2activity3If you have any suggestion on why the vbcrlf did not execute (I can be wrong) please let me know or can show me how to line them up
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Losing Session Variable on Page Post Back

Ok, here is my problem. I have a series of pages which depend on a session variable. This session variable is created from an integer identity field in the sql server 2000 database table. After the 1st page, each subsequent page reads this session variable at the beginning of each page. \tThe Second page of the sequence reads the session variable on the page load method. But any calls to this session variable after the page load method, return empty. Somehow, it is losing the session. I have done lots of research, but cannt\tfind similar situations. Another option is to use the SQL server session method. But this is slower, so i have not tried it yet. If anybody has experienced this, please help.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Headers and codepage

I was looking at the header to determine the language code. I looked at the key "Accept-language". I noticed that the language code was 2 characters. My question is, how do I know what kind of spanish to use (Spanish or latin american for example) by the 2 character code
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

use HyperLinkColumn to link to an email address

HiI have a datagrid that display contact info.\tOne of the fields is an email address.\tI want to make that column in the datagrid linked to an .\tWhen i use the HyperLinkColumn type column, it tries to link it to as a page on my site, that is not what I want.\tAny ides on how to do what I want it to do
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

deleting from datalist

hallo,I have a datalist that doesn't display the id number of each item. I don't know how to refer to the id to delete items. I tried to refer to the DataKeyField but I get an error BC30456: DAtaKeyField is not a member of System.Web.UI.Webcontrols.DataListItem.The code I use for the deletecommand and the datalist is this:CODESub Datalist1_DeleteCommand(ByVal obj As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataListCommandEventArgs) Handles DataList1.DeleteCommand\t\t\t\tDim strSQL As String = "DELETE * FROM tbl_messages " & _\t\t\t\t\t"WHERE mes_id = " & e.Item.DataKeyField & ";"\t\t\t\t\t\t\tExecuteStatement(strSQL)\t\t\t\t\t\t\tFillDataList()\t\tEnd Sub......
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

running dll's under .net

can standard windows dll's be run under .net i.e. a dll written in C++ or Delphi ect.. Aaron TaylorJohn Mutch Electronicswww.jme.com.au
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Dropdown list control, autopost back..

Hi I have a similar problem as described in Thread855-692299. It didn't solve my error so I'm describing the error I'm getting.I have a dropdown list which is db-bound and has the autopostback set to true. Whenthe application runs, the ddl gets all the data etc. But on selecting an item from the list, IE throws a JS error in the status bar - Error:Object doesn't suport this property or method.\there's a sample code:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Printing to Web Server Printer

I'm developing a small web app that takes the users name from a web form and prints it out to a label printer.My problem is that I don't know how to go about printing.\tI do not want to print the web form just the data that the user has entered.\tThe printer is a special label printer but it will be connected from the web server so no client side code needed.I don't know if I should capture the information to a file and then print or ir it can be printed directly.TIAMarc
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Automation server can't create object from IIS(?)

When I try to create a new ASP.NET project in VS.NET, I get the error message "Automation server can't create object" with an OK button.Here are the files and folders that are created by the time I get the error message:Folders:bin
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!