Web.Config Browse Error

I'm looking through my Solution Explorer at the Web.config file, and I right-click and see the options Open, Open With, and View in Browser.
Out of curiosity, I try "View in Browser" and eventually get the following:

Server Error in '/ServiceTwoSources' Application.
-------------------------------------------------

This type of page is not served.
Description: The type of page you have requested is not served because it has been explicitly forbidden. The extension '.config' may be incorrect. Please review the URL below and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested Url: /ServiceTwoSources/Web.config

-------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.0.3705.209; ASP.NET Version:1.0.3705.0

So if you're not supposed to use the browser on that file, why does Microsoft offer it as an option

Just curious...
Posted On: Wednesday 2nd of January 2013 02:29:41 AM Total Views:  390
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF ASP.NET PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

AJAX trigger not firing after first call

, I am developing a web app that allows a user to browse a datatable. I have an ajax updatepanel set up to only load the appropriate rows based on a value from a combobox. The code follows ... When the page first loads and I select an option from the combobox, the gridview updates appropriately. However, when a change the combobox value the gridview does not update. The SelectedIndexChanged event does not even fire. It works fine without the ajax but there is a lot of information being loaded so narrowing down specific elements requested is essential.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 16th November 2012
View Replies!

rewrite url from word%20word to word-word?

Hi can anyone help me, changing the url from example: www.asdfgowkcmvever.com/1232/word%20word to www.asdfgowkcmvever.com/1232/word-word im in c# asp.net 4.0 please let me know if you need some of my code to help me.. I have googled this subject for hours now, and I can't find anything that helps me.. Kind
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Losing session state

I have an application that has about 30 panels and on each one are several questions. After the user clicks next or previous the current panel is hidden and then the next one is display. My problem is that it seems that my webform is loosing its state. For instance I placed in a few labels in different panels to check to see if the value of name was still stored in session, it seems to stay in for a few panel transitions but at the end when there is a panel that displays the contents of all the session variables for verification they are all empty! This is a real big issue because my web form holds over 30 variables all of string type in session state. for example //This is at the head of my "Main class" in the code behind Customer customer = new Customer(); //Bellow is also in the code behind and is executed when the event handler is called. //is on one of the panels and happens when an event if fired off e.g the user clicks next Session["customer.FirstName"] = (string)(TextBox2.Text); //Just a test that is later in the code to see if it stays in session lblTest0.Text = (string)(Session["customer.FirstName"]); I already have everything completely done for the most part. e.g. all the panels, buttons, text fields, radiobuttonlists, ect... And I already have all the code behind done, my problem is as stated above there is something wrong with the session variables. p.s. At first when I started my project I was using session variables of conditions eg if((string)(Session[customer.Name]) == "Bob"]) { //hide panels and store data from previous panel // display next panel. } But then things started to "break" so I changed all conditions to be based on it a radiobutton.index == 0 ect... That is no longer the issue anymore but If anyone has any insight as to why my session variables won't function for that as well I would appreciate the help. This post has been edited by yunusabd: 05 June 2011 - 01:52 PM
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

ASP.NET Avoid AutoPostBack

The screen flash is a postback... if you want to avoid a postback, all you need to do is use the ajax controls to allow for async postback. Pretty simple to do... drop a script manager controller on your page, then an update panel, then a content template within that update panel. The update panel will post back async, and will not refresh the page... Example: web form: Codebehind: protected void clickMe_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { updateMe.Text = "Async text"; }
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Tree view issue

Hi all, I have bounded tree view to this wat with a xml file. tree view....... XML and in code behind file.. protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { if (!IsPostBack) { XmlDataSource1.DataFile = "my.xml"; } } its working fine... Now the issue is that if i want to add a node to this or add subnodes and add subnode's node the how to do that programatically. I googled it a lot but didnt get yet... help me please thanx for this if i have to bind data from database table then let me know HOW. how to do this all.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

image/file upload

the problem is this line txtServerFileName.Text = txtFileUpload.PostedFile.FileName you need to use txtServerFileName.Text = txtFileUpload.FileName This post has been edited by tommiller85: 30 September 2009 - 02:20 PM
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 23rd November 2012
View Replies!

Connecting from Different table

I want to fill the data in gridview from different table. How can i do that
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 24th November 2012
View Replies!

mysql, asp.net (C#) and hebrew. need help.

I have a webpage in asp.net which connect to mysql 4.1 db. This page can view/add/edit data from a table in my db. When I run this page locally and view/add/edit data in hebrew, it displays just fine. But when I upload my project to my web server (web server and mysql db are from the same hosting company, which is a non Israeli company) and try to view/add/edit data in hebrew, it all comes out as question marks (\t\t) When I check with the specific table in phpMyAdmin, I can see that the data I added using the page locally (the way it works) is shown in gibberish (πριεο - but I think its 'good' gibberish, because it is readable in my local page). If I try to add data using the same page on the server, it shows in phpMyAdmin as question marks (\t). The collation is set to UTF8_unicode_ci. I've tried to use encoding coversion in my code, i've tried changing the deefault encoding. nothing works. I suspect the problem lies in the hosting company's web server bcz the same code works fine locally on my computer, but doesn't on their server. I just don't know what is wrong with their server. Could it be something that needs to be defined in Mysql If anyone knows how to make this work, please let me know. I've been battling this issue for 2 weeks now and still havn't advanced.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

help with a function

Hi.. I am writing a function thats returns a value that I want to compare with in another function.. cant get it right please help. It underlines the function name and then says "not all code paths return a value" here is the function: public string cntSubs(int mainId) { SqlCommand cmd3 = new SqlCommand("SELECT COUNT(*) as record_count FROM content WHERE pid = " + mainId + "", DBConnection3); //cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@pageid", pageid); DBConnection3.Open(); SqlDataReader myReader3 = cmd3.ExecuteReader(); // loop thru the reader if (myReader3.Read() == true) { //int Record_Count = Convert.ToInt32(myReader3["record_count"].ToString()); return myReader3["record_count"].ToString(); } // close the reader and the connection myReader3.Close(); DBConnection3.Close(); } tx
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to insert data from a database into a variable?

I am trying to figure out how to take data from a database and put it into a variable, like for example if a table held the first name of a person in one column and the last name in another, i want to be able to get that last name by using the first name, then store the last name in a variable. I can do it one way already, but i want to put each seperate value from the different columns into different variables. Like first name goes in one variable, last name goes in another. I would hope there is some way to do it that wouldnt require me to repeat a SELECT statement multiple times.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

JavaScript - Canvas Problems

For some reason when I instantiate an object it seems that the array I pass as an argument isn't copied. Here is my code: function tester(rawData) { var red = []; var green = []; var blue = []; var dummy = []; var index = 0; for (var i = 0; i < rawData.length; i++) { red[i] = rawData[index]; green[i] = rawData[index + 1]; blue[i] = rawData[index + 2]; dummy[i] = rawData[index + 3]; index += 4; } var test = new ImageChain(red, 5, 5); var num = red[50]; var num2 = red[1000]; this.imgArray[50]; // PROBLEM HERE -- "Unable to get value of the property '50': object is null or undefined" this.imgArray[1000]; red = test.sceneTrans(); test = new ImageChain(green); green = test.sceneTrans(); test = new ImageChain(blue); blue = test.sceneTrans(); for (i = 0; i < pixelData.length; i++) { index += 4; pixelData[index] = red[i]; pixelData[index + 1] = green[i]; pixelData[index + 2] = blue[i]; pixelData[index + 3] = dummy[i]; } return pixelData } And the calling function: function getCanvas() { var canvas = document.getElementById("Scene2"); var ctx = canvas.getContext("2d"); width = parseInt(canvas.getAttribute("width")); height = parseInt(canvas.getAttribute("height")); var pixelData = ctx.getImageData(0, 0, width, height).data; // pixelData not populating\t var newData = tester(pixelData); ctx.putImageData(newData, 0, 0); }; And finally here is the object: function ImageChain(imageArray, SE, V, GSD, SMR, IT, R2T, FL, AD, O, OST, P, SPR, QE, FWCD, RN, DCR, BOQ, CS, C2CBV, C2CGV, D2DBV, D2DGV, E, MTFC, DRA) { // a 1D array - either R, G, or B this.imgArray = imageArray; // scene parameters this.sunElev = SE; this.vis = V; this.grSampDist = GSD; // tasking parameters this.smRate = SMR; this.integrTime = IT; this.rngToTgt = R2T; // optics parameters this.focLen = FL; this.aperDiam = AD; this.obsc = O; this.optSurTrans = OST; // detection parameters this.pitch = P; this.specResp = SPR; this.quantEff = QE; this.fwCapDens = FWCD; this.rdNoise = RN; this.dkCurRate = DCR; // electronics parameters this.bitsQuant = BOQ; this.chSize = CS; this.ch2chBias = C2CBV; this.ch2chGain = C2CGV; this.det2detBias = D2DBV; this.det2detGain = D2DGV; // image processing parameters this.equzn = E; this.modTransFunctComp = MTFC; this.dynRngAdj = DRA; } I have pinpointed the error in the first section of code. The red array is fine but this.imgArray is not. Can anyone provide advice or a solution I am using IE9. Figured it out, I'm an idiot. The lines in question should say test.imgArray[...] not this.imgArray[...]. What good a full nights rest can do! This post has been edited by apw5020: 03 May 2012 - 06:02 AM
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

create table like this

1 2 3 4 5 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 4 5 6 7 8 5 6 7 8 9 I want to create the table like above in asp.net 2.0. I try to find out but i can not can any solution. Can any one help me pls
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

can any on help me in designing video chat codes......

i am planning to design video chat.... i want to know how can i make code for it.... this is not for commercial... this is for my project...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!

How to get edit template controls in gridview

Youj can use the FindControl method of a row to get a control in one of the columns. If you don't have a solution by tomorrow morning, I will get you some code.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Can I call an EXE from ASP.NET?

I want to call a exe and execute it through a web application hosted on Windows 2003. CAn you please tell whether is it possible to do so or not. If so how\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

dropdown in a gridview

Hi I have a gridview with dropdowns for each row to pick a language for the selected publication.Basically I want to pass the id of the publication as well as the selected language from the dropdown as a commandargument when the user clicks on the read link button.\tHow do I accomplish thisI know how to pass the publication id but I don't know how to pass the selected value of the dropdown or just the dropdown itself and I can retreive the value from the code behind.\tHere is a code excerpt from my gridview:CODE\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tLanguage:   \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t- shybru
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

asp.net Graph using sql data

HiIm currently creating a graph and the two files that I am using are graph.aspx and graph.ascx as shown below. Currently I am using arrays to state the size and names of the bars however I would like this information to be gained from an sql query. The query is:SELECT OrganisationDetails.Name, SUM(InvoiceDetails.Total) AS TotalFROM\tInvoiceDetails INNER JOIN InvoiceContents ON InvoiceDetails.OrderID = InvoiceContents.InvoiceID INNER JOIN OrganisationDetails ON InvoiceDetails.OutletID = OrganisationDetails.OrganisationIDGROUP BY OrganisationDetails.Name, InvoiceContents.CompanyIDHAVING (InvoiceContents.CompanyID = 912)ORDER BY OrganisationDetails.NameIs there anyway of incorporating this information to produce the graph so that each record gained from the sql creates a bar and each total = the size of the bar\tgraph.aspx:\t\tvoid Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) {\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t// Declare our variables\t\t\t\tString [] sItems = new String[10];\t\t\t\tInt32 [] iValue = new Int32 [10];\t\t\t\t// Populate our variables\t\t\t\tsItems[0] = "Carrots";\t\t\t\tiValue[0] = 23;\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tsItems[1] = "Peas";\t\t\t\tiValue[1] = 53;\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tsItems[2] = "Celery";\t\t\t\tiValue[2] = 11;\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tsItems[3] = "Onions";\t\t\t\tiValue[3] = 21;\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tsItems[4] = "Radishes";\t\t\t\tiValue[4] = 43;\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tsItems[5] = "test";\t\t\t\tiValue[5] = 43;\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t// Set our axis values\t\t\t\tdngchart.YAxisValues = iValue;\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t// Set our axis strings\t\t\t\tdngchart.YAxisItems\t= sItems;\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t// Provide a title\t\t\t\tdngchart.ChartTitle\t= "Inventory Breakdown:";\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t// Provide an title for the X-Axis\t\t\t\tdngchart.XAxisTitle\t= "(units display actual numbers)";\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t}\t\t\t\t\t\tgraph.ascx:\t\tprivate String\t\t\t\t_sXAxisTitle;\t\tprivate String\t\t\t\t_sChartTitle;\t\tprivate Int32\t\t\t\t_iUserWidth = 300;\t\tprivate String []\t\t_sYAxisItems;\t\tprivate Int32 []\t\t_iYAxisValues;\t\tpublic Int32 UserWidth {\t\t\t\tget { return _iUserWidth; }\t\t\t\tset { _iUserWidth = value; }\t\t}\t\tpublic Int32 [] YAxisValues {\t\t\t\tget { return _iYAxisValues; }\t\t\t\tset { _iYAxisValues = value; }\t\t}\t\tpublic String [] YAxisItems {\t\t\t\tget { return _sYAxisItems; }\t\t\t\tset { _sYAxisItems = value; }\t\t}\t\tpublic String XAxisTitle {\t\t\t\tget { return _sXAxisTitle; }\t\t\t\tset { _sXAxisTitle = value; }\t\t}\t\tpublic String ChartTitle {\t\t\t\tget { return _sChartTitle; }\t\t\t\tset { _sChartTitle = value; }\t\t}\t\tvoid Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) {\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t// As long as we have values to display, do so\t\t\t\tif (_iYAxisValues != null) {\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t// Color array\t\t\t\t\t\tString [] sColor = new String[9];\t\t\t\t\t\tsColor[0] = "red";\t\t\t\t\t\tsColor[1] = "lightblue";\t\t\t\t\t\tsColor[2] = "green";\t\t\t\t\t\tsColor[3] = "orange";\t\t\t\t\t\tsColor[4] = "yellow";\t\t\t\t\t\tsColor[5] = "blue";\t\t\t\t\t\tsColor[6] = "lightgrey";\t\t\t\t\t\tsColor[7] = "pink";\t\t\t\t\t\tsColor[8] = "purple";\t\t\t\t\t\t// Initialize the color category\t\t\t\t\t\tInt32 iColor = 0;\t\t\t\t\t\t// Display the chart title\t\t\t\t\t\tlblChartTitle.Text = _sChartTitle;\t\t\t\t\t\t// Get the largest value from the available items\t\t\t\t\t\tInt32 iMaxVal = 0;\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tfor (int i = 0; i < _iYAxisValues.Length; i++) {\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tif (_iYAxisValues[i] > iMaxVal)\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tiMaxVal = _iYAxisValues[i];\t\t\t\t\t\t}\t\t\t\t\t\t// Take the user-provided maximum width of the chart, and divide it by the\t\t\t\t\t\t// largest value in our valueset to obtain the modifier\t\t\t\t\t\tInt32 iMod = Math.Abs(_iUserWidth/iMaxVal);\t\t\t\t\t\t// This will be the string holder for our actual bars.\t\t\t\t\t\tString sOut = "";\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t// Render a bar for each item\t\t\t\t\t\tfor (int i = 0; i < _iYAxisValues.Length; i++) {\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t// Only display this item if we have a value to display\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tif (_iYAxisValues[i] > 0) {\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tsOut += "" + _sYAxisItems[i] + "";\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tsOut += "" + RenderItem(_iYAxisValues[i], iMod, sColor[iColor]) + "";\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tiColor++;\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t// If we have reached the end of our color array, start over\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tif (iColor > 8) iColor = 0;\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t}\t\t\t\t\t\t}\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t// Place the rendered string in the appropriate label\t\t\t\t\t\tlblItems.Text = sOut;\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t// Drop in the Y Axis label\t\t\t\t\t\tlblXAxisTitle.Text = _sXAxisTitle;\t\t\t\t}\t\t}\t\t//****************************************************************************************\t\t// Graph.RenderItem Method\t\t//\t\t//\t\t// Generates a horizontal bar graph for a given item\t\t//****************************************************************************************\t\tprivate String RenderItem (Int32 iVal, Int32 iMod, String sColor) {\t\t\t\tString sRet = "";\t\t\t\tsRet += "";\t\t\t\tsRet += "";\t\t\t\tsRet += "" + iVal + "";\t\t\t\tsRet += "";\t\t\t\treturn sRet;\t\t}\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Need to find name of previous page

I have a page with a datagrid, and depending on what previous page called this current page, I want the user to be able to go back to that previous page when they click a close button.I was thinking of assigning the name of the previous page in a hidden label somewhere on the datagrid's page, then apending this to the Server.Transfer/Response.RedirectAny suggestions are welcome
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

VB. Net & ASP

i'm new to ASP and related, i have a simple (i hope) questionOk, I have a form with one text box and a button.The text box is an object from the 'HTML' tag in the toolbox, and the button from the 'Web forms' tag, the problem is that when i 'build and browse' the project, the button (or any other 'Web forms' control) doens't appear neither in the 'attached' Visual Studio browser nor in the Internet Explorer.Here's the HTML code generated by the form:\t\t\t\t\t\tWebForm1\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tI simply followed the walkthrough on how to create a Web Form, and i can't see what's going wrong...This is a quotation from the walkthrough:'\tThis element does not correspond directly to an HTML element. Instead, when the page runs, an instance of the Button Web server control is created and processed. During page processing, the control outputs some HTML elements into the page (in this case, an HTML element).'Can anyone enlight me on thisby the way, i'm running MIIS 5.0 on a Win XP Pro with Visual Studio 200
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Dropdownlist OnSelectedIndexChanged not firing

I can't get the OnSelectedIndexChanged event to fire on a dropdownlist control.Here is how my page is designed:When my page loads, I have a dropdownlist with a list of states.\tWhen the user changes the dropdownlist, the AutoPostBack fires and runs a sub that loads & shows a second dropdownlist that shows cities for the state selected.\tThe problem occurs when I make a selection from the city dropdownlist.\tNothing happens.Here is my dropdownlist:\tHere is the code in a codebehind page:Public Sub GetATMList(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs)'This sub loads the ATM's for the city selected.\t\tDim objConn As SqlConnection\t\tDim objSQLCommand As SqlCommand\t\tDim objDataReader as SqlDataReader\t\tDim strCity as String = drpCityList.SelectedItem.Text\t\tif UCase(strCity) "NOW SELECT A CITY" then\t\t\t\t'Set up our connection object and SQL command object.\t\t\t\tobjConn = New SqlConnection(application("WSFSQLConnString"))\t\t\t\tobjSQLCommand = New SqlCommand("AD_s_GetATMByCity", objConn)\t\t\t\t'Set the stored procedure.\t\tobjSQLCommand.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure\t\t\t\t'Add parameters.\t\tobjSQLCommand.Parameters.Add("@City", strCity)\t\t\t\t'Open the db connection & Execute Command\t\tobjConn.Open()\t\t\t\t\t\t'Execute the procedure.\t\tobjDataReader = objSQLCommand.ExecuteReader()\t\t\t\t'Now bind the datareader to the repeater.\t\t\t\tgrdATMs.DataSource = objDataReader\t\t\t\tgrdATMs.DataBind()\t\t\t\t'Close the DB connection.\t\t\t\tobjConn.Close()\t\tend ifend Sub\t'GetATMListI tried to change the sub to set the value to a label, thinking maybe there was something wrong with the value of the dropdownlist.\tBut it didn't work either.What am I doing wrong
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

response.redirect

How can you set the window or form name the redirect is sent to
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 28th November 2012
View Replies!

Newbie Question - Web App hangs

I'm running SQL stored procedures from ASP.net. These stored procedures are linked together by one SP calling another SP. It works fine when I run a trial run from SQL; however, when I run it from ASP.net the app hangs. It never hangs in the same SP and it doesn't hang in the same spot; however, I always get a timeout expired error. Does anyone understand the stackTrace so I can find out what is wrongSystem.Data.SqlClient.SqlException was unhandled by user code\tClass=11\tErrorCode=-2146232060\tLineNumber=0\tMessage="Timeout expired.\tThe timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. start of giving a-j a value end of giving a-j a value zip_code, fips_code, st_abbrev, msa_fipsst, msa_code, dma_code, a12, a13, a36, codeID, rate, lowrate, pctmkt, bkey, a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, used,\tsecond as as #5 @OKCAT = BB,NB,WY,Y ,C , C\t@OKCATOR = BB,NB,WY,Y ,C , C\t@OKCATOR = BB,NB,WY,Y ,C , C\t@OKA = BB @OKB = NB @OKC = WY @OKD = Y\t@OKE =\t\t@OKF = C\t@OKG =\tC @OKH = BB @OKI = NB @OKJ = WY @OKK = Y\t@OKL =\t\t@OKM =\tC @OKN = C\t@OKO =\t\t@OKP =\t\t@OKQ =\t\t@OKR =\t\tcreating appp @SQL10 = select * into APPPi0k23drwpdhy3vy3ae0w3a55 from OPPP1i0k23drwpdhy3vy3ae0w3a55 where ((DIR_CAT = 'BB') or (DIR_CAT = 'NB') or (DIR_CAT = 'WY') or (DIR_CAT = 'Y ') or (DIR_CAT = '\t') or (DIR_CAT = 'C ') or (DIR_CAT = ' C') or (DIR_CAT = 'BB') or (DIR_CAT = 'NB') or (DIR_CAT = 'WY') or (DIR_CAT = 'Y ') or (DIR_CAT = '\t') or (DIR_CAT = ' C') or (DIR_CAT = 'C ') or (DIR_CAT = '\t') or (DIR_CAT = '\t') or (DIR_CAT = '\t') or (DIR_CAT = '\t')) and ((DIR_TYPE = 'U') or (DIR_TYPE = ' ') or (DIR_TYPE = 'U') or (DIR_TYPE = 'M'))\tcreating bppp creating ppp creating firststep creating rankfile altering table rankfile creating atemp entering copycolumn\tin copycolumn - @columnname = A12 processing a12 to a back from copycolumn entering copycolumn #2 column b"\tNumber=-2\tProcedure=""\tServer="\\.\pipe\87D7030E-F9C9-47\tsql\query"\tSource=".Net SqlClient Data Provider"\tState=0\tStackTrace:\t\t\tat System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)\t\t\tat System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)\t\t\tat System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadSniError(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, UInt32 error)\t\t\tat System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadSni(DbAsyncResult asyncResult, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)\t\t\tat System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadNetworkPacket()\t\t\tat System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadBuffer()\t\t\tat System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadByteArray(Byte[] buff, Int32 offset, Int32 len)\t\t\tat System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadString(Int32 length)\t\t\tat System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ProcessError(Byte token, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)\t\t\tat System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)\t\t\tat System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)\t\t\tat System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)\t\t\tat System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)\t\t\tat System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe)\t\t\tat System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()\t\t\tat Title.makectyrankfile() in C:\Users\Joanne\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\WebSites\WebSite1\Title.aspx.vb:line 262\t\t\tat Title.Button2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Joanne\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\WebSites\WebSite1\Title.aspx.vb:line 490\t\t\tat System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)\t\t\tat System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)\t\t\tat System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)\t\t\tat System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)\t\t\tat System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)\t\t\tat System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)\tInnerException:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th December 2012
View Replies!

ASP.NET equivalent to old ASP "include"

Remember in old ASP how you could put a "
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

vs.net + positioning in firefox > what gives?!

all,So here I am jammin away at the keyboard pluggin all my logic into my HTML page....I bring it up in IE, perfect..I bring it up in Firefox and my form elements, a number of which have the width defined like this style="width:550px" all say width=550 in VS.net..Fine, I change it back..and perfect in firefox, again...Until I rebuild again, and notice it all goes back to width=550 which does me absolutley no GOOD!What gives\tWhat is the workaround for this\tSOrry..im a little steamed.... hail the INTERWEB!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Referencing a property from a .cs file on the .aspx page

I have an .aspx page that gets called from another page, and I've created some code that runs when the page is loaded, in the underlying .cs file (in the function with this heading:\tprivate void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e))I created a string property (variable) in this .cs file that gets set in this Page_Load function.\tMy question is, how can I reference this property in the html code of the .aspx pagein the .cs file the property is declared in the main class as:public string result;In the .aspx page, I want to reference it something like the following:This code caused the page to hang.\tHow would I reference this property
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Configuration error

Hi There I'm making the example from: ms-help://MS.VSCC/MS.MSDNVS/vbcon/html/vbwlkWalkthroughUsingDataGridWebControlToReadWriteData.htm When i debug and run the programm it's gives me this message : Server Error in '/' Application.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.Source Error: Line 23:\t\t\t\t\t"Forms", "Passport" and "None"Line 24:\t\t-->Line 25:\t\t Line 26: Line 27: Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Web_TR\web.config\t\tLine: 25 What can i do to stop this message please helpTanTrazz
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

My css seems to be being ignored

New to asp.netYesterday I was working fine on a new file based website on XP. The site was using the css and all looked ok. Today, if I make a change to the css it is ignored when I execute. The design view shows the change. In fact, I can stop vis studio, delete the css from the directory, restart the Vis Studio, and when I execute the website is as if yesterdays css is still there!\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 2nd January 2013
View Replies!

Help with using Visual web Developer 2005 Express

I am using Visual web developer express for my coding and work. I have a Dataset created in the Codebehind file and I need to bind the information to a Datagrid I have on my .aspx file upon page_load.I have tried debugging and building but for some reason, my dataGrid does not get bound to the Datasource ... Same thing I notice when I use ASP.NET matrix to build my pages. Could someone please tell me what I am missing here\t\tIs there something I need to do before this can work\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How can i use macromedia projects in asp.net?

I designed a menu with macromedia dreamweaver.It created a javascript and a file like *.js by it self.I wanted to use this menu in my asp.net project therefore i copied the html codes and files from macromedia and pasted into my project.additionly i added the js files into my asp.net project.When i run my asp.net project i can see the menu but the menu is not working properly.It's colors must change when the mouse is on but not work.Macromedia project is created by javascript codes an html tags like this:Program creates an error message for OnMouseOut tag.How can i use macromedia projects in asp.net.I want to include the macromedia codes in my project like this:how can i do it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

merchant services

I want to user merchant service like PayPal. I want to know how you can integrate the actual payment facility into your own web page If you have the user has to go to there secure page then how do you link back to your pageI want to be able for the user to select a product pay for it and then if the payment has gone through sucessfully I want to then send a email to the dispatcher straight after.Does anyone have a service they used to do similar\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Handler for security... Solution could change lives!

I am trying to figure out how to set up a handler in the web.config file that will, based on a token sent from another server, authenticate the user and allow him to view the pages and access the multimedia files in the site. I want to prevent putting an include file on every page and prevent someone from typing www.mysite.com/movie.mov and getting to the movie.I inherited literally thousands of html pages and countless multimedia files that are to be put on a content server. I need to ensure that the only way to get to these pages is if the user comes from my other server.I started looking into handlers. Am I on the right path. Anyone have a solution or a good place to start Forms authentication seems to require a login, but I just want to allow someone in if they come from my other server.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to enableuser enter HTML tags in Text field?

everybody!Does somebody know how could I handle such problem:I have a text input field and a button, for example and when I type something like and click button, then an error occured, that user has entered some wrong data or something like thisHow could I enable users to enter HTML tagsI'll be very
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Passing in a parameter using Request.Querystring

I have a problem trying to pass a parameter into a select statement in a web application. I start with a simple web form which asks for a URN value in a textbox and when a number is entered the user must click the button.\tOnce the button is clicked the page redirects like so: Response.Redirect("PoliceReportPPS1.aspxURN=" + txtCaseURN.Text);On the PoliceReportPPS1 form there is a webviewer which displays the report Test.rpx.\tThe code at the bottom of the page shows how I connect to the datasource and make a command in the report.\tI would like to be able to set the value of the variable txtIPCURN to something like this: int txtIPCURN =\tRequest.QueryString ["URN"];as oppose to setting its value.\tThis is very important for me as the where part of the query needs to work correctly.\tHowever it won't let me do this.\tI get the following error: -The type or namespace name 'Request' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference) Can anyone help me work out a way round this problem.\tAny help would be much appreciated. Thank you.------------------CODE TO TO CONNECT TO DB AND CREATE A COMMAND--------------------private void Test_ReportStart(object sender, System.EventArgs eArgs) { int txtIPCURN = 45100; //Create a Connection SqlConnection conSQL = new SqlConnection(ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["DBConnectionString"]); //Create a Command SqlCommand cmdPPS11 = new SqlCommand ("select Incident.Type, IPC.DefendantType, Recommendation.Notes, Offence.StartDate, Offence.EndDate, Offence.ReportedDateTime, IPC.PrimaryOffenceCode, Incident.Location, IPC.PettySessionsDistrict, IPC.EarliestStatuteBarredDate, IPC.InitialRemandApplicationFlag, IPC.PSNIID, IPC.PPSNIID, IPC.PrimaryOffenceCode, IPC.CriminalBenefitGT10KFlag, IPC.LinkedNotes, IPC.ComplaintType, IPC.OPONIRefNumber, IPC.StatementOfFacts, IPC.GeneralDescription, IPC.URN, Ref_IPCFileType.[description], Ref_IPCDefendantType.Description AS [DEFDesc], Ref_RecommendationOverallType.Description as [RECdesc], Ref_PettySessionsDistrict.Description as [PettySession], Ref_OffenceType.Description as [OffenceDesc] FROM IPC LEFT OUTER join Incident on IPC.URN = Incident.IPCURN LEFT OUTER join IncidentOffence on Incident.URN = IncidentOffence.IncidentURN LEFT OUTER join Offence on Offence.URN = IncidentOffence.OffenceURN LEFT OUTER join IPCRecommendation on IPC.URN = IPCRecommendation.IPCURN LEFT OUTER join Recommendation on IPCRecommendation.RecommendationID = Recommendation.ID LEFT OUTER join Ref_IPCFileType on Ref_IPCFileType.code = IPC.FileType LEFT OUTER join Ref_IPCDefendantType on Ref_IPCDefendantType.code= IPC.DefendantType LEFT OUTER join Ref_RecommendationOverallType on Ref_RecommendationOverallType.code = IPC.PSNIOverallRecommendation LEFT OUTER join Ref_PettySessionsDistrict on Ref_PettySessionsDistrict.Code = IPC.PettySessionsDistrict LEFT OUTER join Ref_OffenceType on Ref_OffenceType.Code = IPC.PrimaryOffenceCode WHERE IPC.URN =" + txtIPCURN, conSQL); // if (conSQL.State == ConnectionState.Closed) // { conSQL.Open(); // } //Create a datareader //SqlDataReader dr; dr = cmdPPS11.ExecuteReader(); }
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Datagrid Row Row/cell selection

I have a data grid that is displaying the results of a query to a database.\tIt has 4 columns (say appID, FAQID, FAQ, Source).I have created the FAQ column as a TemplateColumn and set it as a LinkButton as I want a new page of the application to load when a user clicks on the FAQ.The new page is to display to complete solution to the FAQ.\tIs there any way that I can retrieve the value from the FAQID column that relates to the clicked FAQ so that I can pass this to the new usercontrol
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

An object reference is required for the nonstatic field, method, or pr

I have been getting the following error fro an event in an rpx.cs file.\tThe error is as follows: An object reference is required for the nonstatic field, method, or property 'DataDynamics.ActiveReports.ActiveReport.Sections'Can someone point me in the right direction in terms of where I am going wrong.private void Detail_Format(object sender, System.EventArgs eArgs){if(((CheckBox)Test.Sections["Detail"].Controls["chcomplaint"]).DataField == "1") { ((CheckBox)Test.Sections["Detail"].Controls["chcomplaint"]).Checked = true; } else { ((CheckBox)Test.Sections["Detail"].Controls["chcomplaint"]).Checked = false; } \t\t}
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Selected background color in DataGrid

I want to have the background color in a row in a DataGrid change color when it is selected. How do I do that
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Event key and Imagebuttons problems

Hi all :)I am using a javascript that makes keypress event. when i use the code in an it works fine, when i try after enter to focus on a , it shows me the following error: 'document.form1.btnLocalizar' is null or not an object. my code is bellow:the script----------\t\tnextfield = "txtCPF"; // first field of my form\t\tnetscape = "";\t\tver = navigator.appVersion; len = ver.length;\t\tfor(iln = 0; iln < len; iln++) if (ver.charAt(iln) == "(") break;\t\tnetscape = (ver.charAt(iln+1).toUpperCase() != "C");\t\tfunction keyDown(DnEvents) {\t\t\t\tk = (netscape) DnEvents.which : window.event.keyCode;\t\t\t\tif (k == 13) { \t\t\t\tif (nextfield == 'done') {\t\t\t\t} else {\t\t\t\t\t\teval('document.Form1.' + nextfield + '.focus()');\t\t\t\t\t\treturn false;\t\t\t\t}\t\t}\t\t}\t\tdocument.onkeydown = keyDown;\t\tif (netscape) document.captureEvents(Event.KEYDOWN|Event.KEYUP);after the form tag --------------------I want when press enter on txtCPF it focuses on btnLocalizar.Glad someone could help mevenusgirrl
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how to deal with "Nothing"

Hi all!\tI get some strings into variables like:Dim value as string=request.params("some_value")I use these strings as Input parameters for a stored procedure wich is doing data insertion into a MS SQL server table.Here is the problem: I get some variables whose values are "Nothing" (as debugger windows showed me..). After running the project there is an error:"System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Procedure 'InsertValues' expects parameter '@my_param, which was not supplied."What I can do in this case
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Flush Memory?

I have an ASP.NET application which keeps returning the same information on refresh even though I know the information has changed.\tIf I run the app from another computer, I see that the information has indeed changed and that the application is properly reflecting that.I suspect that the information is being cached or held in memory.\tI'm sure there must be a simple way of clearing all information from cache or memory from when the page initially loaded.\tDoes anyone know how I do this\tSorry if this is a very simple question--but I'm new at this!Thank You!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Confused with looping

I am getting very confused withn looping in asp.net, I wish I could go back to rs.eof as in classic asp.OK i have two datasets, one dataset (lets call this dsParent) and another called dsChild.\tBasically I would like to check if the dsChild has a parent relationship if it does not then I would like to add a row.\tSO i do the followingFor each dsParentRow in dsParentTable ' Load parent row\tFor each dsChildRow in dsChildTable 'Load child row\t\t\tIf dsParentRow.ID = dsChildRow.ID then\t\t\t\tresponse.write("Match found")\t\t\tElse\t\t\t\tresponse.write("Add Row")\t\t\tEnd If\tNextNextHowever im pretty sure that the above is totally wrong as it loops through every records in the child dataset and where they dont match for that row it will add a new row.\tBut that row may exist in the dataset but may not at that psoistion.Basically i need to write a procedure that will take a row from my parent dataset and loop through the child dataset until it ends, if it did not find a match then add a new row.I appologise if I have confussed any one (Im just a bit lost)\tMany
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

AS/400 IBM

We have an IBM AS/400 and I want to connect with this AS/400 through ASP.NET pages to get data out of a table.I can do it with an access database, but I don't know how to do the same with an as/400 database...Can you please help meI seemed to have found something on the internet, that looked something like this:Dim cnAccess As New OleDbConnection("Provider=IBMDA400;Data Source=10.32.2.11; USER ID=USER; Password=PASS;")\t\t\t\tcnAccess.Open()But this didn't work. It gives an error when runiing the application the the open-command.Has anyone got any experience on this I would appreciate any help you can give.Kindest regardsJelle
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

create database

I am currently in the process of wriing an application that the user will go in and create a database and the tables, etc.\tI know how to do this using MS SQl.\tBut how do you do it in the code\tI know how to create tables and everything - just the initial create database
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Virtual Dir / Visual Studio Project folder issue

Running IIS locally on Win2K.I have an ASP(VB).NET solution I'm working on in Visual Studio.NET.\tThe root directory exists in IIS.\tI want to put my javascript files in a separate folder called 'scripts', so that they're called from the aspx pages with 'scripts/coolmenu4.js', for example.\tAnd I also want to put them in a 'scripts' folder in the VS.NET project, to keep them organized.How to I get this to workI don't understand the association between the project folder and the virtual folder, and when I save changes to the scripts, they save in 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\webapp1\scripts...as if that's the real physical path.\tBut it's not.\tThe virtual 'scripts' directory is mapped to the E: drive.\tHow do I straighten this out
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

build error (dependency cannot be found)

When I compile my project my build displays the following message:------ Rebuild started: Project: myproject, Configuration: Debug .NET ------Preparing resources...Updating references...The dependency 'Interop.Microsoft.Office.Core' could not be found.Performing main compilation...Building satellite assemblies...---------------------- Done ----------------------\t\tRebuild : 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skippedSo, in the end it succeeds and i get no further error messages, but I'm wondering what is meant by "the dependency 'interop.microsoft.office.core' could not be found".\tI never got this message before, but after reinstalling windows (XP Pro), i get it everytime.\tAny ideas how i can determine what exactly references this thing
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

RequiredFieldValidator and 2 ImageButtons

Hi Group,I have a form where a user must supply an ID and password.\tBoth controls have RequiredFieldValidator's to ensure both values are provided.The user logs in by clicking an Imagebutton.\tBut I have to add a second Imagebutton.\tIf the user clicks the second Imagebutton, I do not want the form to try and validate.\tIt will be used to redirect to another page.How can I get the second Imagebutton to NOT trigger the RequiredFieldValidator's on the form when clicked
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

ASP.NET Web form design problem

When I run project I can't see web controls that I put on web form in design mode. Web form looks EMPTY. But I can see them in Notepad when in my browser I press "View" then "Source" . Please helpOS\t\tWin2002 proffesionalApp.\tVS.NET\t(vb.net -> web forms)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Unable to return results to DataGrid from Oracle StoredProc

I have a glossary page and am posting back to itself with a querystring value for the specific details I want to read more about a specific term. When I click on the hyperlink to get more details, it reloads itself without the details I am looking for. Can anyone provide any input on the code I have for getting what I need
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Executing a statement only if the query returns a value

I'm using ASP.NET with C#.\tI have a large query returning some rows, and I have no problems except that I have these types of statements that will get executed no matter what:if (Contact["street1"] != "") {strContacts += Contact["street1"];}if (Contact["street2"] != "") {strContacts += "" + Contact["street2"];}Both of these statements get executed even if one or both of the fields are empty.\tI also tried using NULL instead of the empty string indicator ("").\tAnyone else know how to do this\tI know it has to be an easy answer...Kudos in advance to anyone willing to give their time and efforts to lil' ole me...Dust
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How do I give write permission?

Maybe this isn't the right forum to ask this, but since I can't find an IIS forum here goes.I'm debugging my web pages on my localhost server.\tI'm trying to create a file in my virtual directory, but IIS isn't allowing me write access in that directory.\tHow do I give myself permission to write my files
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Help with using "For...Next"

I want to create a set of HyperLinks which call a function, i.e.ABut I want to do this for the entire alphabet. Is there some way I can iterate through the letters using a "For...Next" statement to generate these links
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!