vs.net + positioning in firefox > what gives?!

all,
So here I am jammin away at the keyboard pluggin all my logic into my HTML page....I bring it up in IE, perfect..I bring it up in Firefox and my form elements, a number of which have the width defined like this style="width:550px" all say width=550 in VS.net..

Fine, I change it back..and perfect in firefox, again...Until I rebuild again, and notice it all goes back to width=550 which does me absolutley no GOOD!

What gives\tWhat is the workaround for this\tSOrry..im a little steamed.... hail the INTERWEB!
Posted On: Tuesday 1st of January 2013 09:48:18 PM Total Views:  353
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF ASP.NET PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

trusted sql server connection

Hi all I am new to ASP .net and I am struggling gettin off the ground The SQL connection strings that have been working for me for windows forms dont work for web forms the error i get is Not associated with a trusted SQL server connection can you help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 10th November 2012
View Replies!

export to pdf for printing

I have to print a page so I used the onClientClick="window.print()" To print only the needed components and remove the page menus, header, and footer, I set their properties using css media print. Now, instead of print the page directly with window.open, what I want is to export it to xml. I am wondering if there is anyway I can show this page in pdf and have the css media print still works instead of doing again the design with crystal reports. Is there anyway I can show the print preview of page to pdf
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 23rd November 2012
View Replies!

kind of TabSet

I've got some DataSources DBGrid and I need some control like a Horisontal TabSet so I need : when I click on some tab I can remake DataSource parameters for DBGrid What element and how need I use
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 23rd November 2012
View Replies!

How to retrieve data from gridviewrow

I cannot access the data I have assigned to a gridviewrow. The following code will not work: protected void QueryPaneResults_RowCommand(object sender, GridViewCommandEventArgs e) { if (e.CommandName == "SelectionData") { int index = Convert.ToInt32(e.CommandArgument); GridViewRow row = QueryPaneResults.Rows[index]; Label1.Text = row.Cells[1].Text; } } Does anybody know why this causes the following error: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: index
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

Video upload in Asp.net

i want to upload videos in database and play on asp.net page with flv player please help me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

Get original Excaption from Web Service

Hi to all, Q about throwing Excaption from WebService to client: I build WS which connect to DAL class --> DB, if connections not succeed than DAL throw Excaption. Excapion catch at WS [WebMethod] - the one who called the DAL and than return to client ( [WebMethod] is string type) : return ex.Message; the problam: when ex catch on client side it give a loonggg.... Message desc. incude info that need to be hide from client (path fo WS and more...) I dont want all the info at client... only the original Message from DAL Excaption. how can I get it without all the exta desc. \t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

Image Capturing in ASP.NET 3.5 using WebCam

I would like to capture the image using WebCam and store it in database. I am using ASP.NET 3.5, C#, Visual Studio 2008, SQL Server 2008, Windows Vista Business (O.S), IIS 7.0 and IE 7.0. I want to integrate WebCam functionality in my Web Application. My requirement is, the end user can view the image (i.e., preview from the WebCam) in the Web page using ActiveX Control (in my case videocapx.ocx is the ActiveX Control). And on clik of "Capture" button, the image has to be capture and stored in database. For this I have installed "VideoCapX" software. I am using "ZEBRONICS" WebCam to capture images. Its model number is "Eagle's eye ZEB-480WC". How can I integrate "videocapx.ocx ActiveX Control" in my web page, so that end user can preview the image. Please help me out. It is very urgent.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

DataGrid - Get row data when clicking a button.

Hi ,I have a datagrid for a simple shopping cart app i'm developing. I've got a template Column that contains a\tasp button which will add the product to the shopping cart.Right now I'm using the OnItemCommand event, and i'm able to display the product num on the screen. However, i've run into problems with the OnItemCommand taking over. I've since learned that I'd have to use CommandName to get around the issues i'm having.My question is, is there another way to do what I'm doing currently without using OnItemCommand So far this is the only way i've gotten it to work
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!

Dynamically declare Datagrid using variable?

Is it at all possible to dynamically create a Datagrid using a variable as it's name\tI have tried and am either not doing something correct or it cannot be done.\tPlease help.\tI have tried the following with no success.Private Sub brunTest_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles brunTest.Click\t\t\t\tDim i As Integer\t\t\t\tDim strA As String\t\t\t\tDim strAi As String\t\t\t\tstrA = "dgDataGrid"\t\t\t\tFor i = 0 To 10\t\t\t\t\t\tstrAi = strA & i\t\t\t\t\t\tDim strAi as new Datagrid\t\t\t\t\t\tResponse.Write(strAi)\t\t\t\t\t\tResponse.Write("")\t\t\t\tNext\t\tEnd Sub
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!