URGENT :: How to get form variable's value in javascript function ?

Hi ,
\tI want to use javascript for some simple client side validations, like if there are 2 textboexes, and if I write in second textbox, & first textbox is null , I want to give alert that first textbox value is null and the focus should be transfered to first textbox.
\tFor this I need to know how to access value of form item in javascript, for which I used to write
\tdocument.form1.textbox1.value
in ASP.
I want equivalent for this statement.
Posted On: Wednesday 2nd of January 2013 02:28:45 AM Total Views:  207
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF ASP.NET PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Transfer to Excel Problems

I am transfering data via sql server 2005 from a stored procedure to an excel spreadsheet via a link on the page. The problem I am having is when the query pulls a large record, excel says it can not read the file. Is there an easy fix for this.....when I put another where clause on it, and get it down to a smaller set of returned records, it works just fine. Any ideas\t\t\t\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 16th November 2012
View Replies!

Populate DropDown from database

I've got a DropDown which I populate from a database. When an item is selected I want to redirect to another page with the selected id, but the problem is it passes "1" no matter what was selected. protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { Populate(); } public void Populate() { OleDbConnection con = new OleDbConnection( "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; " + "Data Source=" + Server.MapPath("connect.mdb")); con.Open(); string strQuery = "SELECT A_ID, Title_eng FROM C_about"; OleDbCommand cmd = new OleDbCommand(strQuery, con); OleDbDataReader reader = cmd.ExecuteReader(); titleSelection.DataSource = reader; titleSelection.DataValueField = "A_ID"; titleSelection.DataTextField = "Title_eng"; titleSelection.DataBind(); con.Close(); con.Dispose(); } protected void titleSelection_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, EventArgs e) { string A_ID = titleSelection.SelectedValue.ToString(); Response.Redirect("aboutEdit.aspxA_ID=" + A_ID); } this is the view source: Title: WHO WE ARE // I think that is giving the problem WHAT WE DO Permanent Placements Temporary staff Training & Development CV Writing Tips Jobs Titles & Descriptions Looking for Talent Looking for a Job Register
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 16th November 2012
View Replies!

Examination system on a website

w.. I would also like to design a website .Where people register then go to a exam page where 10 questions ( randomly comming from the database) 4 options for each question (radio Buttons , Both comming from database) I need to make it in Vs-2008 ASP.net and the Database should be Microsoft -sql server . I have created the login pages with the login control from the toolbox but now i am stuck as how to bring the questions and answers from the database i also want to set up a timmer in that, so that i can calculate the result and save the result in the database The login control create a MDF database. can I use this same database For my question and answers How can i impliment this Could you please help me with this Thank you
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 23rd November 2012
View Replies!

Master Page

thankx who ever willing to help but problem solve
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 23rd November 2012
View Replies!

WANT TO GET SELECTED NODE FROM TREELIST IN ASP.NET AND c#APPLICATION

Hi i am new in asp.net i was trying to get value of selected node from tree list i hav created the treelist but i dont know how to call C# function on click event of treelist and then call javascript function in C# code. Please help as i am working first time in asp.net puneet
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 24th November 2012
View Replies!

Problem with retrieving data from my database

Guys I have a problem with my asp website I'm Coding with C# and i face a problem which disappointing me is that : i'm retrieving a data from Column info form my database but the column contains a very large data and i want to customize this data by adding new line the the data and changing the color of some data the data that i retrieving it appears in this form Highly qualified and experienced medical staff (from German and Austria for 10 years ) after post graduation doctor degree and highly equipped medical service in the following pediatric subspecialties: \n1- Neonatology and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit: NICU 2- Pediatric intensive care unit: PICU 3- Intermediate or Transitional intensive care unit: TICU 4- Pediatric cardiology. 5- Pediatric Respiratory diseases. 6- Pediatric endocrinology. 7- Pediatric oncology. 8- Pediatric hematology. 9- Pediatric metabolic diseases 10- Pediatric Gastroenterology and Hepatology. 11- Pediatric Haematology. 12- Pediatric Nephrology. 13- Pediatric Urology. 14- Pediatric Dermatology. 15- Pediatric ENT. 16- Pediatric Infectious and Tropical Diseases. 17- Genetics and Congenital Anomalies. 18- Growth and Development. 19- Pediatric ergic Diseases. 20- Pediatric Immunological Diseases. 21- Pediatric Psychiatry. 22- Pre and Post operative care in: Pediatric surgery, Pediatric Transplantation, Orthopaedics, Neurosurgeries. Follow up of pediatrics patients during the first year of life: The infants which will be included in this system will have:- 1- O.P.D visit once per month to consultant clinic. 2- vaccines are free. 3- ER visits at many time are free. 4- Regular follow up of all stages of growth and development of the infant. 5- Giving all instructions to parents which is important for the infant in period of his life. Pediatric Asthma Clinic: Services in this clinic:- 1- Management of all pediatric patients with chest diseases and bronchial asthma. 2- Management of pulmonary functions of pediatric patients with chronic chest problems. 3- Training of children and parents on using inhaler devices. 4- Doing all investigations for diagnosing and follow up of chest problems in children. 5- Giving regular health education programs for children and parents regarding chest problems and pediatric bronchial asthma. For more information Call: 8406000 Ext: 5121 and i need it to appear in that form : Highly qualified and experienced medical staff (from German and Austria for 10 years ) after post graduation doctor degree and highly equipped medical service in the following pediatric subspecialties: 1- Neonatology and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit: NICU 2- Pediatric intensive care unit: PICU 3- Intermediate or Transitional intensive care unit: TICU 4- Pediatric cardiology. 5- Pediatric Respiratory diseases. 6- Pediatric endocrinology. 7- Pediatric oncology. 8- Pediatric hematology. 9- Pediatric metabolic diseases 10- Pediatric Gastroenterology and Hepatology. 11- Pediatric Haematology. 12- Pediatric Nephrology. 13- Pediatric Urology. 14- Pediatric Dermatology. 15- Pediatric ENT. 16- Pediatric Infectious and Tropical Diseases. 17- Genetics and Congenital Anomalies. 18- Growth and Development. 19- Pediatric ergic Diseases. 20- Pediatric Immunological Diseases. 21- Pediatric Psychiatry. 22- Pre and Post operative care in: Pediatric surgery, Pediatric Transplantation, Orthopaedics, Neurosurgeries. Follow up of pediatrics patients during the first year of life: The infants which will be included in this system will have:- 1- O.P.D visit once per month to consultant clinic. 2- vaccines are free. 3- ER visits at many time are free. 4- Regular follow up of all stages of growth and development of the infant. 5- Giving all instructions to parents which is important for the infant in period of his life. Pediatric Asthma Clinic: Services in this clinic:- 1- Management of all pediatric patients with chest diseases and bronchial asthma. 2- Management of pulmonary functions of pediatric patients with chronic chest problems. 3- Training of children and parents on using inhaler devices. 4- Doing all investigations for diagnosing and follow up of chest problems in children. 5- Giving regular health education programs for children and parents regarding chest problems and pediatric bronchial asthma. For more information Call: 8406000 Ext: 5121 so i need to customize this data to make a new line after the end of the line Important note : I'm using a details list to preview the data
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

need help with methods

hi, I was wondering how to connect ms access to c# web service. How to retrieve the data inside the database when adding the reference.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

order entry page need help with command buttons

i made an order entry page with two ddl's a gridview, a formview and a listview.. ddl1 is bound to the name fieild in the menu table and selects a restrauant which causes that restrauants menu to appear in the gridview ... ddl2 is bound to the phone number field in the customer table which causes the formview to display current customer info with editing and inserting working except inserting new customer or editing phone number does not postback to ddl2(only reloading the page will display the edited or new phone number) the listview is bound to the orderdetail table and displays nothing at this time.... the details view which contains the menu info also has four command fields with commandbuttons for ordering small, med, large and xlarge items. i want to use the command buttons to write that item order to the orderdetail table...each item has pricing for available sizes ... only the command button for the correspondind price field should work(ie. if main menu.small price field is the only field that has a price .. then small price button should be the only button to write an item order to the table if all four fields have prices then all four buttons should work. my hope is that someone could give me some direction on how to make the commandbuttons do their job. heres all my code sofar protected void DetailsView1_ItemInserted(Object sender, System.Web.UI.WebControls.DetailsViewInsertedEventArgs e) { if (e.Exception != null) { ErrorMessageLabel.Text = "An error occured while entering this record. Please verify you have entered data in the correct format."; e.ExceptionHandled = true; } GridView1.DataBind(); } protected void DetailsView1_ItemUpdated(Object sender, System.Web.UI.WebControls.DetailsViewUpdatedEventArgs e) { GridView1.DataBind(); } protected void DropDownList1_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, EventArgs e) { DetailsView1.ChangeMode(DetailsViewMode.ReadOnly); } protected void GridView1_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, EventArgs e) { DetailsView1.ChangeMode(DetailsViewMode.ReadOnly); } protected void GridView1_PageIndexChanged(object sender, EventArgs e) { DetailsView1.ChangeMode(DetailsViewMode.ReadOnly); } protected void GridView1_Sorted(object sender, EventArgs e) { DetailsView1.ChangeMode(DetailsViewMode.ReadOnly); } protected void GridView1_RowDeleted(object sender, GridViewDeletedEventArgs e) { if (e.Exception != null) { ErrorMessageLabel.Text = "Failed to DELETE due to foreign key contstraint on the table. You may only delete rows which have no related records."; e.ExceptionHandled = true; } } protected void DetailsView1_DataBound(object sender, EventArgs e) { if (DetailsView1.CurrentMode == DetailsViewMode.Insert) { TextBox nameTextBox = (TextBox)DetailsView1.Rows[1].Cells[1].Controls[0]; nameTextBox.Text = DropDownList1.SelectedValue; nameTextBox.Enabled = false; } } GridView DetailsView Master-Details (Insert) .style5 { font-size: x-large; color: #FF0000; } MyDelivery Menu Edit Screen Choose a Restaurant: -- Choose a Restraunt -- \t\t\t This post has been edited by johntigner: 07 October 2008 - 04:47 PM
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

(RESOLVED) Profile Help!

Im having problems w/ the whole Profile thing. Im able to create the provider and add properties for the profile in the web.config file and when a user registers i even set the 2 profile values but i dont understand where they are being saved to. My provider is pointing to a sql server 2000 database yet the aspnet_Profile table is empty although as i browse my pages i am able to access the profile properties. What gives. Here is the webcongigCode:\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tHere is where i set themCode:Protected Sub CreateUserWizard1_CreatedUser(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles CreateUserWizard1.CreatedUser\t\t\t\t'Create a Profile Object\t\t\t\tDim p As ProfileCommon = CType(ProfileCommon.Create(CreateUserWizard1.UserName, True), ProfileCommon)\t\t\t\t'Create a VenId Object\t\t\t\tp.VenId = (CType(CreateUserWizard1.CreateUserStep.ContentTemplateContainer.FindControl("VenId"), TextBox).Text)\t\t\t\t'Create a EmpId Object\t\t\t\tp.VenId = (CType(CreateUserWizard1.CreateUserStep.ContentTemplateContainer.FindControl("EmpId"), TextBox).Text)\t\t\t\t'Save the Profile Information.\t\t\t\tp.Save()\t\tEnd Sub
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

not working as Server Control

Hi I have the following code:\t\t--- Please Select ---\t\tWhere the getBrands method populates the combo box.Now when I make it a server control (ie runat="server") it doesnt work anymore Why
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

My SQL code does not allow my items to be saved

Whenever i try to save my code it breaks while getting the info in here is a sample of the area where it actually breaks. does anyone have any idea why this breaks at the
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Datas are inserted but not stored in the database

i got an problem in asp.net page in the form we can use more controlse that all the controls are worked well and event's also fired and that the page message also displayed properly but these are the data's are not in the database if you have any tips for me pls send yours reply for me. rpkaran This post has been edited by rpkaran: 24 June 2010 - 03:36 AM
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

Small Problem

Hi... now i m begginer to asp.net ... so the problem is... whenever i press the button1 i wanted it to run Mainapp and show the out put in a label or textbox... can i do it in this way... means when i press button1 it will show me the result of that class whtever it is... there is my code.. thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx..... public partial class _Default : System.Web.UI.Page { protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { } protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { } class MainApp { static void Main() { // Create adapter and place a request University uni = new Teacher(); uni.Show(); // Wait for user Console.ReadKey(); } /// /// Target Class /// /// class University { public virtual void Show() { Console.WriteLine("This will call Show()"); } } /// /// Adapter Class /// class Teacher : University { private Student stu = new Student(); public override void Show() { Console.WriteLine("You are in Teacher's Class Show() \n and now some_request() of Student class will be called \n\n"); stu.some_request(); } } /// /// Adaptee Class ///
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how to add calendar control in asp.net

vb.net coding: Imports System.Data.OleDb Imports System.Data Partial Class _Default Inherits System.Web.UI.Page Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load If Not IsPostBack Then ' Generates report for current year lblCalendar.Text = "" Dim horizontalRepeat As Integer = 3 ' number of months in horizontal direction Dim month As Integer For month = 1 To 12 If (month Mod horizontalRepeat = 1) Then lblCalendar.Text += "" End If lblCalendar.Text += "" + generateCalendar(month, 2007) + "" If (month Mod horizontalRepeat = 0) Then lblCalendar.Text += "" End If Next lblCalendar.Text += "" End If End Sub Private Function generateCalendar(ByVal month As Integer, ByVal year As Integer) As String ' generates the calendar as per the booking status Dim wholeCalendar(5, 6) As Integer Dim weeks As Integer = 0 Dim day As String = "" Dim tmpDate As DateTime Dim myDate As Integer For myDate = 1 To 31 Try tmpDate = New DateTime(year, month, myDate) If (day = "Saturday") Then weeks += 1 End If day = tmpDate.DayOfWeek.ToString() If (day = "Sunday") Then 'If (wholeCalendar(weeks, 0) > 0) Then weeks += 1 wholeCalendar(weeks, 0) = myDate ElseIf (day = "Monday") Then 'If (wholeCalendar(weeks, 1) > 0) Then weeks += 1 wholeCalendar(weeks, 1) = myDate ElseIf (day = "Tuesday") Then 'If (wholeCalendar(weeks, 2) > 0) Then weeks += 1 wholeCalendar(weeks, 2) = myDate ElseIf (day = "Wednesday") Then 'If (wholeCalendar(weeks, 3) > 0) Then weeks += 1 wholeCalendar(weeks, 3) = myDate ElseIf (day = "Thursday") Then 'If (wholeCalendar(weeks, 4) > 0) Then weeks += 1 wholeCalendar(weeks, 4) = myDate ElseIf (day = "Friday") Then 'If (wholeCalendar(weeks, 5) > 0) Then weeks += 1 wholeCalendar(weeks, 5) = myDate ElseIf (day = "Saturday") Then 'If (wholeCalendar(weeks, 6) > 0) Then weeks += 1 wholeCalendar(weeks, 6) = myDate End If Catch ex As Exception Exit For End Try Next ' Generates the HTML calendar Dim htmlCalendar As String = "" Dim objEventsDAO As New EventsDAO() Dim dt As DataTable Dim i As Integer, j As Integer htmlCalendar += "" htmlCalendar += "" + getMonthName(month) + " " + year.ToString() + "" htmlCalendar += " Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat " For i = 0 To 5 htmlCalendar += "" For j = 0 To 6 If wholeCalendar(i, j) > 0 Then dt = objEventsDAO.GetEvent(wholeCalendar(i, j), month, year) If (dt.Rows.Count > 0) Then Dim toolTip As String = dt.Rows(0)("Event").ToString() htmlCalendar += "" + wholeCalendar(i, j).ToString() + "" Else htmlCalendar += "" + wholeCalendar(i, j).ToString() + "" End If Else htmlCalendar += " " End If Next htmlCalendar += "" Next htmlCalendar += "" ' Close database connection objEventsDAO.CloseConnection() ' returns the generated HTML calendar Return htmlCalendar End Function Private Function getMonthName(ByVal month As Integer) As String Dim months() As String = {"Jan", "Feb", "Mar", "Apr", "May", "Jun", "Jul", "Aug", "Sep", "Oct", "Nov", "Dec"} Return months(month - 1) End Function End Class
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

VSI error: "object reference not set to an instance of an object&

, all. I'm currently working on creating a distributable project template, so that a few of the other developers I'm working with can quickly get their projects up and running. I have created and exported my template just fine, to a file called ss.zip. I have also created my .vscontent file, which looks like this: ss.zip foo bar VSTemplate 1.0 However, when I package it all up as ss.vsi, upon double-clicking to install I get an error: object reference not set to an instance of an object. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Deleting a file from a directory

I am able to view a directory and also upload a file to a directory, I am having trouble deleting a file in the directory Here is my code for the Default.aspx Page Accessing a shared folder protected void Button2_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { if(FileUpload1.HasFile) try { FileUpload1.SaveAs(@"\\ned-505\c$\CaleroShared\" + FileUpload1.FileName); Label1.Text = "File has been successfully uploaded"; } catch (Exception ex) { Label1.Text = "ERROR: " + ex.Message.ToString(); } else { Label1.Text = "You have not specified a file."; } }         and here is the code in my Default.aspx.cs page using System; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.IO; using System.Linq; using System.Web; using System.Web.UI; using System.Web.UI.WebControls; namespace NetworkFolderAccess { public partial class _Default : System.Web.UI.Page { protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { } protected void Button3_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { string fileName = ""; fileName = Convert.ToString(FileDelete); try { if(File.Exists(fileName)) { File.Delete(fileName); Label2.Text = "File deleted successfully"; } else { throw new FileNotFoundException(); } } catch(FileNotFoundException ex) { Label2.Text += ex.Message; } catch(Exception ex) { Label2.Text += ex.Message; } } } } This post has been edited by TheGame1083: 25 September 2009 - 12:03 PM
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!

Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in ret

Hi guyz, Im about to give up on this subject and this project. I have created a membership database with user roles and uploaded to the hosting server and i have connectionstring to connect to this database, its been good couple of months trying to login to access admin pages and i have been getting the the above error same. please see my connectionstring:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!

Passing % char in the URL

,I send a DB2 query from a main Form to another one within the URL. In the second form the query is associated to a textbox.Here is an example of one part of the query:(Main form)MyString = "WHERE (CDDSGETK NOT LIKE '%AF%' )"Response.Redirect("Query.aspxQ=" & MyString)(Second Form)Query = Request.QueryString("Q")Query = "WHERE (CDDSGETK NOT LIKE '%' )"A part of the query has disappeared !! and in the URL I can see that the string is correct:WHERE%20(CDDSGETK%20NOT%20LIKE%20'%AF%'%20)%20I think the problem come from the %, but can't understand how the application interprets the URL result.Any idea
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

automated update of website

A potential client was talking to me about how her web site is updated. She stated the following: "The big companies that I work with (Bla Bla Bla) allow you to download all of their products in either excel or cvs I then take their form and upload it on our site. I'm new to asp.net. I understand how a list of products can be downloaded, but I don't understand how this same list can be uploaded to another ecomerce site. Is it built into a SQL database to create a new .aspx page on the fly with the new images, prices, etc. What is the technical name for this procedure so that I can google this Aslo, what's confusing me is she is doing this herself, not the webmaster so there must be some sort of on-line form that she logs into all built by the webmaster.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Stripping Table HTML from CreateUserWizard

Is it possible via code to change the way a CreateUserWizard control is rendered I've customised the steps to use some divs etc to layout the content to match my page formating but the control seems to generate some code such as \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tat the beginning which I would like to strip out for cleaner markup. Steve G (MCSE / MCSA:Messaging)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!