Overcoming large image map problem in IE

Hi all,

On one of our web applications, an image is created dynamically.\tOn this image the user can hover the mouse over some parts of the picture to get certain information, and can then click on these same annotations to edit them.\tIn order to do this, I create an image map along with the image.\tThe image map has onMouseOver and onClick properties for the image.

The problem is that the image map for this picture can get quite large, and when it gets too large it drives internet explorer nuts.\tIn one example, the image map alone is 1.5 MB of information, and when internet explorer tries to open it the browser will not show the image, the buttons go haywire (i.e.\tradio buttons are replaced by j's), and after closing the browser, windows will act weird\t(such as right-click menus coming up all black) until I restart the computer.\t

I have tried to run the app on a few different computers, all with the same symptoms.\tI can run it in Netscape 7.0, but cannot get it to run in IE.\t

Does anyone know why IE does this\t\t Kevin B.
.Net Programmer\t
Posted On: Wednesday 2nd of January 2013 02:04:34 AM Total Views:  473
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF ASP.NET PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Help: Deleting wrong record.

If I choose to delete RefID 12 the stepper is showing 11 for the deleteid. That is kind of weird. Anybody see where it might be removing 1.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 23rd November 2012
View Replies!

Publishing an ASP.Net website to GoDaddy

I'm using VS 2008. I created an ASP.Net Website. The only thing I added was a 'Coming Soon' line of text within the that was created. Nothing else at all was changed from the shell that VS created. I published the website to GoDaddy but can't see it. I've read different things about the web.config, and added various lines, such as:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 23rd November 2012
View Replies!

web date time edit control in infragistics ultra webgrid control

hello friends\t\t\t\t\t\tcan any one give me ur valuable suggestions abt how to use webdatetime edit control in infragistics ultrawebgrid control...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

how to copy asp.net project from one computer to another

How do I copy my asp.net project that I am developing on Visual Studio.net from one computer to another. I tried copying the project and the pages from wwwroot but it doesn't open my project. I can individually open the pages and also see my project which means that it has been copied. Please help asap.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Trusted Server Connection Error

Ok...I'm dipping my toes in the ASP.NET pool. Programming in VB.NET....In a nut shell, I'm loading data from a data table using a SQLClient command and reader to a listbox. But I'm getting the error as described in the attached pic below. Not a trusted connection. I tried configuring IE to use that as a trusted site. I'm assuming that it's something on the database side. Can anyone point me in the right direction
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

The ConnectionString property has not been initialized.

Hi everybody,When i execute the following code, i am getting some error Code:\t\tSub Page_Load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) \t\t\t\tDim DS As DataSet\t\t\t\tDim MyConnection As SqlConnection\t\t\t\tDim MyCommand As SqlDataAdapter\t\t\t\tMyConnection = New SqlConnection(System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("PubsString"))\t\t\t\tMyCommand = New SqlDataAdapter("select * from Authors", MyConnection)\t\t\t\tDS = new DataSet()\t\t\t\tMyCommand.Fill(ds, "Authors")\t\t\t\tMyDataGrid.DataSource=ds.Tables("Authors").DefaultView\t\t\t\tMyDataGrid.DataBind()\t\tEnd Sub\tSimple Select to a DataGrid Control\t-----------------------------------------------------Error Message:Server Error in '/project3' Application.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------The ConnectionString property has not been initialized. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: The ConnectionString property has not been initialized.Source Error: Line 15: Line 16: DS = new DataSet()Line 17: MyCommand.Fill(ds, "Authors")Line 18: Line 19: MyDataGrid.DataSource=ds.Tables("Authors").DefaultViewSource File: D:\aspx\project3\test.aspx Line: 17 Stack Trace: [InvalidOperationException: The ConnectionString property has not been initialized.]\tSystem.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +809\tSystem.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.QuietOpen(IDbConnection connection, ConnectionState& originalState) +44\tSystem.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(Object data, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +98\tSystem.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +77\tSystem.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable) +36\tASP.test_aspx.Page_Load(Object Sender, EventArgs E) in D:\aspx\project3\test.aspx:17\tSystem.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67\tSystem.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +29\tSystem.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +724Appreciate your help.VHS
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

BGCOLOR change

For eg. choosing your own web page colour
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

Gridview

Please help me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

Creating a web form in .net to send via email

Hi ,Im wanting to create a form on the web in .net that lets user enter relevant data into it and then it sends the data via any email to the relevant recipient. Was wondering what the best way would be to do this Any pointers or website or tutorials that anyone has used would be a great help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!

hierarchical or data using .Net

Hi all,I have been given the task of creating a summary page for a customer application.\tThe page needs to show hierachical view of data in the format of:Dealer - Department 1 - Vehicle 1\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tVehicle 2\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tVehicle 3\t\t\t\tDepartment 2 - Vehicle A\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tVehicle B\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tVehicle CDealer 2 - Department 1 - Vehicle A\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tVehicle B\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tVehicle C\t\t\t\t\tDepartment 2 = Vehicle 11Etc.......currently i am not entirly sure on how to achieve this.\tCan i use nested controls or would it be better to simply create the table on the fly using code\tAny input would be greatly appreciated
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

crystal

I have created a crystal report in my asp.net project.Do you know how I can just run the report on its own to test if it works first
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Simple database sample code needed

all,I need to pull in 5 fields from an Access database table and was instructed to do it in asp.net which I am unfamiliar with.\tCould somebody please direct me to a simple data connection sample where fields are pulled from and shown\tIt would take me 5 minutes in ASP but I can't find a decent sample to modify for asp.net.\tI did check out the post of suggested books and have already ordered the sams book.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Help with GridView

New to asp.net and using Visual Studio 2008.I have a GridView with a column named "Doc" that stores a UNC path for a document.\tI don't want this column visible, so I set the visible property to "False".I added a templete field to the GridView with a button that the user will click.\tI managed to get the Button_click event to fire where I get the value of the "Doc" column for the current row.However, the Button1_Click subroutine only gets the value of the "Doc" row when the "Doc" column is visible.\tWhen I set the "Doc" column visible property to "False" I don't get the UNC path.Can someone help with this Here is the "Doc" field that contains the UNC path.CODE\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tHere is the templete field with the button.CODE\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tHere is the code behind for the button click event.\tThe strField1 variable = "" when the "Doc" column visible property is set to false.\tWhen the "Doc" column visible property is set to true, then the strField1 variable = "\\*****-***\d$\TrainingDocs\Project Management for Project Team Members_One day.doc"\tCODE\t\tProtected Sub Button1_Click(ByVal o As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)\t\t\t\tDim Button1 As Button = DirectCast(o, Button)\t\t\t\tDim grdRow As GridViewRow = DirectCast(Button1.Parent.Parent, GridViewRow)\t\t\t\tDim strField1 As String = grdRow.Cells(0).Text\t\tEnd Sub
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th December 2012
View Replies!

shopping cart and session variables

is it a good idea to use session variables to hold cart details in an asp.net shopping cart applicationif not, why and can u suggest something else
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

adjust column width in edit mode for combo and text box

hi, I have created a DG that has edit feature in it.when I click edit, the width of the dg in edit mode expand horizontally, this is a sample code that I tried to fix this issue but wasnot able to do soitemStyle-Width="20"\tin the above code did not have any effect on the column width. I wonder how I can control the column width in an edit mode
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Application Deployment - Fixed!

For anyone interested, and fellow newbe's, I have found a way to share application (session vars), over my Intranet pages.root\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Why no use asp.net if it is faster than jsp

I have learnt that asp.net is faster in performance than jsp.Also Microsoft has supported the codes of other languages in its .net framework, so why would one stick to jsp(Java as such) & not move - over to the .net
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Custom Server Control Question

does anyone know how to make a section of output from a custom server control render only once regardless of how many controls of that type are on the formJames James Culshawjames@miniaturereview.co.ukhttp://www.miniaturereview.co.ukhttp://www.caninerescue.co.uk
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

validating email addresses

I am working with a script that I found in a book I bought called ASP.NET: Tips, Tutorials, and Code. The script I am working with is on page 90 of that book. The purpose of the script is to make sure a email address has a valid domain. I believe I have no spelling errors and I recieve an error. Here is my code followed by the error.Sub btnButton_submit( s As Object, e As EventArgs )Dim strEmail as String, strPattern as StringstrEmail = emailaddress.textstrPattern = "^[\w-_\.]+\@([\w]+\.)+\w+$"If Not Regex.IsMatch(strEmail, strPattern, RegexOptions.IgnoreCase) Then\t\terrortext.text = "Your Email Address is in the wrong format"Else\t\tDim strDomain as String\t\tstrDomain = strEmail.Substring(strEmail.IndexOf("@") + 1)\t\t\t\tDim strIP as String\t\tTry\t\t\t\tstrIP = DNS.Resolve(strDomain).AddressList(0)ToString() ' error is on this line\t\t\t\terrortext.text = "Email Domain is correct"\t\tCatch \t\t\t\terrortext.text = "Email Domain is incorrect"\t\tEnd TryEnd ifEnd SubCompiler Error Message: BC30311: Value of type 'System.Net.IPAddress' cannot be converted to 'String'.Source Error:Line 22: \t\tDim strIP as StringLine 23: \t\tTryLine 24: \t\t\t\tstrIP = DNS.Resolve(strDomain).AddressList(0)ToString()Line 25: \t\t\t\terrortext.text = "Email Domain is correct"Line 26: \t\tCatch
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Multiple URLS on Application

I wanted some help on where to start with the following project design. I want to develop a cms type site which allows multiple customers to register and have a CMS driven website. Each site would be a single asp.net application which loads the data on something like a cutsomerid. So I plan to have www.mysite.com/about.aspx which loads the content based on the customerid either from querystring or session value. Another option I was toying with was giving each customer a subdomain so customer1.mysite.com which points to the app but it works out the content to display based on the subdomain.I don't really know what technologies to research in .net to do this. The most complex example might be customers who wish to point their domain to my system, so it looks as though it's there own site but it's still my application as the engine underneath. How would I need to design the setup for this scenario Steve G (MCSE / MCSA:Messaging)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Mobile ASP.NET app hangs up

- Hoping someone might have an answer to this question.\tI've got a ASP.NET mobile app that I'm connecting to from a mobile device.\tThe app works great when I'm running over a local IP address, but it hangs up when I run it over the internet.\tIt doesn't make any sense to me at all and I'm at a loss as to why it the behavior is different.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Select, Insert, Update and Delete Example

I'm new to ASP.NET and I would like to ask if someone can provide me a very simple code to manipulate data using the SQL Commands in the above subject. To keep it simple, say,\tjust 1 textbox and 5 buttons (Next, Prev, Insert, Update and Delete). I'd like to see code of an unbound text box and not bound data. I came from ASP Classic background and I think it is entirely different in ASP.NET to do the steps for the 5 actions. Can I code everything in the code-behind rather than in the ASP.NET side I have no clue where is the best place to code them. I guess I'd also like to know what is the best way or are the best practices in programming the above subject.Once I have the code, I can study and do it myself and hopefully move on to more complex application.Please kindly help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Web Service Time Zone Offset Missing

I am having trouble with a server that is not returning the time zone offset in a Web service response.\tFrom what I've read on the internet, it should always return the time zone offset.\tI need it but it is missing.\tIt works on my local development machine but not on my test server.\tBoth are set for Eastern Time GMT-5 (4 right now because of daylight savings time).Below is my test code (.Net 1.1):CODE _Public Function GetTime() As DateTime\t\tDim d As DateTime = #5/28/2009 8:00:00 AM#\t\tReturn dEnd FunctionLocal development machineWindows XPVisual Studio 2003IIS 5.1Test machineWindows Server 2003IIS 6.0Response From Local Development machineCODE\t\t\t\t\t\t2009-05-28T08:00:00.0000000-04:00\t\t\tResponse From Test machineCODE\t\t\t\t\t\t2009-05-28T08:00:00\t\t\tNotice that the response from the test machine is not returning the time zone offset.Note that this does appear to be happening on our production machine which is also a Server 2003 (IIS6) machine, but I have not been thorough test with it yet.Does anyone have any thoughts on this\tI've searched Google and all I seem to find are people who are getting the offset and do not want it.\tI'm not getting the offset and do want it. Pat B
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Make a pop-up box inside a GridView

Inside a GridView, I would like to display apop-up box when this Delete button is clicked:Can this be done
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 2nd January 2013
View Replies!

Importing a namespace in web service

I'm trying to import a namespace in my web service, but it is not being recognized. The applicable code for my namespace exists in the App_Code directory of my web site.Does anyone know how I can get the namespace to be recognizedThx.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Issue with Dynamic Dependent Drop Down Menu

you have c# code, and i normally work with vb.net, but where is your HANDLES after the event functionin vb you havePublic Sub xx_click(sender, e) handles xx.click -Sometimes the answer to your question is the hack that works
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Elegant way of including large amounts of dynamic JavaScript?

Ok, since I use repeaters and other types of controls that rename controls on the client side, and since I also have a lot of javascript that calls on these controls, I have to output the javascript using controlName.ClientID all over the place to ensure that the controls are named properly.The problem is my .cs page is full of these large concantenaded strings of JS that get added to the page via the ClientScriptBlock feature.My js is cluttered and hard to debug because of this.\tIs there a way I can have something like a .js file, unencumbered by the surrounding C# code, and have it included dynamically, while preserving the ability to dynamically load the control names at runtime
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

ControlState Thoughts

I'm currently using ControlState to pass simple objects between postbacks. Can anyone comment on this approach and some things I might want to considerI don't want to get half way through development and realize that our architecture was a giant flop
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

javascript for maintaining vertical position in code behind

yes, I know I posted this concerning a recent post, but what was with a control I found on the web.I'm now trying it on my own.Here's what I have in my HTML:*****************************************************************For my code behind, I've got the following in the page_load event:If Page.IsPostBack ThenResponse.Write("location.href="" temp_href=""#"""";")End If...tried this too, and no luck for the page_load event:***********************************************************************If Page.IsPostBack ThenDim strScript As StringstrScript = ""strScript = strScript & "location.href=""#"";"strScript = strScript & ""Page.RegisterStartupScript("ClientScript", strScript)End IfAny suggestions are welcome
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Dynamic Linkbuttons, custom paging & VB Class File

OK, Im finished pulling my hair out and now I need help. I have created a VB class file for my custom paging, in it I create a table with 2 rows, in the rows I have linkbuttons for first page, previous page, next page and last page. The buttoms are created like:CODE'configure the link buttons\tlink_1.ID = "f_link"\tlink_2.ID = "p_link"\tlink_3.ID = "n_link"\tlink_4.ID = "l_link"\tlink_1.Text = ""\tlink_4.Text = "Last >>"\tlink_1.CommandArgument = "FirstPage"\tlink_2.CommandArgument = "PreviousPage"\tlink_3.CommandArgument = "NextPage"\tlink_4.CommandArgument = "LastPage"\t\t\t\t\t\tAddHandler link_1.Command, AddressOf link_clickAddHandler link_2.Command, AddressOf link_clickAddHandler link_3.Command, AddressOf link_clickAddHandler link_4.Command, AddressOf link_clicklink_1.CausesValidation = Falselink_2.CausesValidation = Falselink_3.CausesValidation = Falselink_4.CausesValidation = Falsein the class file I have serveral properties :CODEPublic Property DG_Name() As StringGet\tReturn DGnameEnd Get\tSet(ByVal value As String)\t\tDGname = value\tEnd SetEnd PropertyPublic Property page_num() As Integer\tGet\t\tReturn my_page\tEnd Get\tSet(ByVal value As Integer)\t\tmy_page = value\tEnd SetEnd PropertyPublic Property tot_records() As Integer\tGet\t\tReturn total_records\tEnd Get\tSet(ByVal value As Integer)\t\ttotal_records = value\tEnd SetEnd PropertyPublic Property MyDG() As DataGridGet\tReturn DGEnd GetSet(ByVal value As DataGrid)\tDG = valueEnd SetEnd Propertyand the variables are declared here:CODEPublic DG As DataGrid = New DataGrid\t\t\t\tPublic my_page As IntegerPublic total_records As IntegerPublic DGname As StringThe link_click event is as such:CODEPublic Sub link_click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As CommandEventArgs)\t\t\t\t\t\tDim lb As LinkButton = CType(sender, LinkButton)\t\t\t\t\t\tSelect Case lb.CommandArgument.ToString.ToLower\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tCase "firstpage"\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tDG.CurrentPageIndex = 0\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tHttpContext.Current.Response.Write("you clicked " & lb.CommandArgument.ToString)\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tCase "previouspage"\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tIf DG.CurrentPageIndex = 0 Then\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tDG.CurrentPageIndex = 0\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tElse\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tDG.CurrentPageIndex = page_num - 1\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tEnd If\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tHttpContext.Current.Response.Write("you clicked " & lb.CommandArgument.ToString)\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tCase "nextpage"\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tHttpContext.Current.Response.Write(tot_records & " :: " & my_page & " :: ")\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tIf (total_records - 1) < page_num Then\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tDG.CurrentPageIndex = 0\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tElse\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tDG.CurrentPageIndex = page_num + 1\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tEnd If\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tHttpContext.Current.Response.Write("you clicked " & lb.CommandArgument.ToString)\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tCase "lastpage"\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tHttpContext.Current.Response.Write("you clicked " & lb.CommandArgument.ToString)\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tDG.CurrentPageIndex = CType((DG.PageCount), Integer)\t\t\t\t\t\tEnd Select\t\t\t\tEnd SubThe response.writes work and tell me what I clicked, in the .aspx.vb file I set the properties in the class file as such:CODEpage.my_page = bud_pricing.CurrentPageIndexname.DG_Name = "bud_pricing"records.total_records = Rec_CountDG.DG = bud_pricingThe values set in the aspx.vb file arent getting to the class file so the paging dont work. The links show up beautifully but they dont page. Can someone PLEASE help me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Redirect Issues

I have a C# asp page that needs to record a hit and redirect, but the Javascript isn't executing and the redirect beats the JS execute.CODE\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tRedirect\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Connection string for MS Access

I want to develop .NEt application reading MS Access Data.1) What is connection string I can place in web.config2) In case if I decide to have linked MS Access tables in SQL Epress 2005, what are the connection settings for it3) In Case if I decide to have DTS scheduled job, how do I schedule this with SQL Express 2005 Do I need to have SQL Server 2000 for this4)What would be the best aproach from options 1-3 The input data always comes in MS Access... The tables are big...5) The data will be exported as Web Service. Is there any existing sample how to do this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Help required with CheckBoxList

Hi Guys.I am populating a CheckBoxList from an IList returned from the database consisting of an id and a description.There are only about 6 records (not relevant but !)Here is how I populate the checkbox list.//This will populate the checkbox list passed in with the values//passed in the IList.private void PopulateCheckBoxList(IList list, CheckBoxList cBoxList)\t\t\t{\t\t\t\t\t\t//add each item in the IList to the Check Box list\t\t\t\t\t\tfor (int i = 0; i < list.Count; i++)\t\t\t\t\t\t{\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tHashtable htList = list[i] as Hashtable ;\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tstring description = htList["description"] as string;\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tstring id = htList["id"] as string;\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tcBoxList.Items.Add(new ListItem(description, id));\t\t\t\t\t\t}\t\t\t\t\t\t\tcBoxList.Items.Add(new ListItem("Final Choice", "fc"));\t\t\t\t}// end PopulateCheckBoxListAnd here is how I signify which ones I want checked.//This will preselect the items in the checkbox list that apply//to the list passed in.\t\t\tprivate void PreSelectCheckBoxListItems(IList list, CheckBoxList cBoxList)\t\t\t{\t\t\t\t\t\t// itterate through the list marking each of the checkboxes\t\t\t\t\t\t// that correspond with an item linked to the anime as selected.\t\t\t\t\t\tfor (int i=0;i
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL (OraOps9.dll).

I'm getting these errors, anyone got any ideas...Line 218:\t\t\t\t\t\tLine 219:\t\t\t\t\t\tOracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection objConn = new Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection(sConn);\t\tLine 220:\t\t\t\t\t\tOracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleCommand objCmd;Line 221:DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL (OraOps9.dll).]\tOracle.DataAccess.Client.OpsTrace.GetRegTraceInfo(UInt32& TrcLevel) +0\tOracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection..ctor(String connectionString) +43\tProject1.xmlApp.lblDatabase_Click(String[] aParams) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\project1\xmlapp.aspx.cs:219\tProject1.xmlApp.btnRead_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\project1\xmlapp.aspx.cs:209\tSystem.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)\tSystem.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)\tSystem.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)\tSystem.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)\tSystem.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

web.config, is it safe to store conection string

Is it safe to store connection string and application setting variable in the web.config file How secure it is
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Returning results in a datagrid and label

I have the following stored procedure below and I was wondering if I will be able to bind the restuls to a datagrid for the first select statement and display the results of the count in a label for the count. I wasn't sure if i should have written two stored procedures to do this or if I'll be able to do it the way it stands. I appreciate any help anyone is able to give me. Was wondering if I needed to return a value as an output parameter to achieve what I wanted\tOr is there a better way of doing this altogetherCREATE PROCEDURE [sp_RegisteredUsers]ASSELECT u_user_title, u_first_name, u_last_nameFROM UserObjectSelect Count (*)From UserObjectGO
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Dates in a recordset not displayed correctly

The problem is that dates are showing up incorrectly when returned from a stored procedure: i.e. 12:00:00 AM (when using CDate conversion), or 12/30/1899 (via rs("columnname").Value)Here is the ASP code: CODEIf not rs.BOF and not rs.EOF Then\t\tDo Until rs.EOF\t\t%> \t\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Prevent download of MDB file

I am using an ACCESS database with my .NET application. Not to compromise security on the website, I want to prevent users from being able to download my access database file by typing the URL directly in the address bar of the browser. My access file is in the same folder as all other files. What can I do Do I necessarily have to ask my host to do something on IIS or is there a programmatic way out of this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

role-based security and signout

I am using role-based security for my web site. I call FormsAuthenticateion.SignOut() and Session.Abandon() to Logout the web page, but it seems mechanism does not work. When I type in a page name in the browser, I can still got in, without redirect to the default login page.So, am I doing the signout procedure wrongVincent
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Dynamically Assign IDs to Controls

Okay, I've searched EVERYWHERE for this, and I am still confused.\tSaw a few posts here about it, but again, still confused...I am creating a dynamic HTML table, from a database table.\tIn the database table, I have cell properties for the HTML Table (Rowspan, colspan, color, etc).\tI need to be able to fill in these cells with the information I need.\tI had this running in ASP, but .NET is quite different...I've decided to create the table, and use placeholders in each\tcell.\tThen in the Page_Load event, populate those placeholders with the necessary info.\tNow, in order to keep the ID's straight, I need to dynamically assign ID's when I create the PlaceHolder.\tI am doing it by this..CODE\t\tdim plcHold as PlaceHolder\t\tplcHold = new PlaceHolder()\t\tplcHold.ID = "MainHold" & myReader("templateSpaceVar")\t\tPage.controls.add(plcHold)myReader is a datareader and has the Unique ID I am assigning to the Placeholder.\tThen in my code, I am trying to place a list box in each place holder, like soCODE\t\tPage.findcontrol("MainHold"&dr("templateSpaceVar")).controls.add(selBox)selBox is already defined as a DropDownList.\tHowever, the FindControl returns Null, and doesn't find the PlaceHolders I dynamically created.\tWhat am doing wrong\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

sending the current page as an html email

I have found this tutorial that does what i am looking to do[url]http://www.devhood.com/tutorials/tutorial_details.aspxtutorial_id=758[/url]but what i wanted to know if there was anyway to grab only certain areas of the page you wanted to email. manly just the texual content and not the pictures and such
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

passing variable from javascript

im posting this here but not sure if this is the right placedoes anyone know how to pass a value from the client in javascript back to the server using vb.net codewhat i want to do is get the screen resolution from the client computer which i can do but i want to be able to save it in a variable so that i can have an object on the asp page resize to fit the users browse
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to diable some validator controls

Here is my requirement:1. I have a text box (lets say txtStore), which accepts some integer values. This is a mandatory field. User can just enter an number and if he/she hits enter we need to retrieve some values and display it.2. Screen also has some other fields, which are mandatory when user clicks on Save button.I have used validator controls for all the mandatory fields, but I dont want to validate any information when user hits 'enter' inside the txtStore text box.Any ideas/solutions will be of great help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Best way to specify length parameter of TEXT field in ASP.NET code

Which of the following would be better to set the length parameter for a SqlParameter object in ASP.NET code for a field of type TEXTcomm.Parameters.Add(new SqlParameter("@paramName",SqlDbType.Text,16));comm.Parameters["@paramName"].Value = someValue;-- OR --comm.Parameters.Add(new SqlParameter("@paramName",SqlDbType.Text,2147483647));comm.Parameters["@paramName"].Value = someValue;
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Error: requested registry access is not allowed

I try to connect remote server via IP address and got error: requested registry access is not allowed bellow is my web.config file. Can some expert help me fix it \t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Viewing/hiding controls on a page

Hi ,I have a page in which I need the following functionality: First, I need two radio buttons (that's easy enough). Next, when one of the radio buttons is clicked, I need a set of controls (which include radio buttons and check boxes) to be displayed. When the other radio button is clicked, I need the controls to be hidden. Now, this behavior must be accomplished without a post back so I guess I'll need some java script to do the job. Also, I must still be able to retrieve the user selections (which of the view/hide check boxes were selected, for instance) from server code.Can anybody tell me how I could accomplish this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

incompatible with the version

i am trying to open the project which one is developed in other version of .net. It is giving message like" unable to read the project file". Project was created with the newer version of visual studio which is incompatible with your version. You can only open this with the newer versions of visual studio."please give me suggestion to open this project.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Code Behind Server

can anybody recomend a free server where i can test my aspx pages i need one with access to the bin directory for code behind. ____________________________________________________If you like a post, show you care by giving it a .
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Generate Aspx Template File?

,I am making a web App that allows the Owner of the app to customize what they want User to see. For Example, One set of user may want: (the underlines represent a textbox)First Name: ___________Middle Name: __________Last Name:__________and another :First Name:____________Last Name:_____________I have a model in Which I am storing the whether the Control is visible and what the label text should be stored in a SQL database.\tCurrently I have the Codebehind page load the controls dynamically, then I assign any data to the controls.What I am wondering is if I can instead of Building the page dynamically adding the controls at run time if I can build it one time with an admin program and then have the page only rebuild (Place controls) if the admin program has a change.I am thinking that instead of haveing a code behind that runs on the server at run time I would like a Windows app that does the same thing and then places Server script and
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Random Password generation using C#.NET

// Random Password GenerationVB.NETRandomize()\t\t\t\t\t\twhatsNext\t= Int((1 - 0 + 1) * Rnd() + 0)strNewPass = strNewPass & Chr(Int((upper - lower + 1) * Rnd() + lower))The above two lines are in visual basic.net. I have converted the above lines to C#.NET. It is given below.C#.NETRandom RandomGenerator = new Random(20);whatsNext = (int)((1 - 0 + 1) * RandomGenerator.Next() + 0);strNewPass = strNewPass + (char)((int)((upper - lower + 1) * RandomGenerator.Next() + lower));\t\t\t\tI have tried the same code executing in VB.NET, it is working fine. somehow I couldn't get the same result when I have tried in C#.NET.Is there anything wrongIf anyone know the solution, let me know
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!