Open a new browser window controlling the size

I need to open a new browser window when clicking on a button and control the size and features of the new window.\tCan anyone help
Posted On: Wednesday 2nd of January 2013 02:30:29 AM Total Views:  324
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF ASP.NET PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Print String when button pressed; no print dialog

I am developing a ASP.Net program using VB.Net for the code-behind pages. I am an experienced programer but fairly new to web development. My goal is that when a user presses a button, I will build a string (I can change vbcrlf's to if necessary) and print that on their default printer. Currently, my whole program is server-based and I know that printing will have to be done client-side. Based on my research, I know I will need to use javascript, which I currently don't know but it is just another programming/scripting language. I have read through a lot of javascript printing examples but I don't see how my vb.net string can be passed to the javascript function. I am also not sure how to build some of the examples I have read. If someone could either point me in the right direction of a good tutorial or upload a sample that I can download and play with. I am not asking anyone to directly solve my problem as I was to learn how this all works.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

Code-behind and usercontrol properties

Can anyone helpI am having trouble geting my aspx codebehind to see properties of my usercontrol set up in script tags on the ascx page itself. However if I set up the user control properties on the usercontrol codebehind (ascx.vb) page rather than the .ascx page itself then there is no problem. If anyone can tell me why this is happening I would appreciate it.So for example I have the following 3 files in a web application called 'EZI' :uc1.ascx\t\tPublic strColour as string\t\tForm1.aspx\t\t\tForm1\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tForm1.aspx.vbImports EZI.uc1Public Class Form1\t\tInherits System.Web.UI.Page\t\tProtected WithEvents test As EZI.uc1\t\tPrivate Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load\t\ttest.strColour="green"\t\tEnd SubEnd ClassWhen I try this, property test doesn't come up inthe intelisense on form1.aspx.vb. And when I try and run the app. I get an error saying property test is not a member of uc1.However if I try and set this control from the aspx page itself using: or if I create a page called uc1.ascx.vb containing Public strColour as string and reference the property on uc1.ascx it works fine.If anyone can help, I would appreciate it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

How to disable back button in all browsers in asp.net?

Hi , I'm doing a quiz website.I have "start.aspx" page which is having "start test" button. When i click on that button,the web page will be redirected to "quiz.aspx" page where i'm displaying questions for users.I have totally 10 questions.but i will display one question at a time in my "quiz.aspx" page.The questions will change when user click on the "next" button.So here,When user finished answering first question,he will click on the "next" button to display second question in the same page.At this time,when he click on back button in the browser window, it should not go back. for this i have tried the following code. function disableBackButton() { window.history.forward(); } setTimeout("disableBackButton()", 0); But it's not working in both IE and firefox.. Alternatively also I have tried to remove cache and i wrote Response.CacheControl = "no-cache" but it's working in IE and not in firefox.. I'm spending more time in this back button issue.. plz anyone direct me to do it successfully
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Visual Web Developer 2008 Express

[code] Protected Sub GridView1_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles GridView1.SelectedIndexChanged DetailsView1.DefaultMode = DetailsViewMode.ReadOnly If (DetailsView1.PageCount = 0) Or (DetailsViewMode.Insert) Then DetailsView1.ChangeMode(DetailsViewMode.Insert) DirectCast(DetailsView1.Rows(0).Cells(1).Controls(0), TextBox).Text = GridView1.SelectedRow.Cells(5).Text DirectCast(DetailsView1.Rows(1).Cells(1).Controls(0), TextBox).Text = GridView1.SelectedRow.Cells(1).Text End If End Sub[code] This code does not work. Upon "Insert" the form should display with the first two values copied from the GridView Selected Row. The DirectCast was suggested from the asp.net forums group. I'm not familiar with it. Also the Controls(0) code.... Any suggestions here
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Gridview

Please help me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Retreive Data from DetailsView control

i am trying to retreive data from a field in detailsView control this is my code: Session("Firstname") = CType(Adult_1.FindControl("FirstName"), textbox).Text But i recieve an error that said : "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." Please Help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

RegularExpressionValidator and FileUpload

I am dealing with image uploads for the first time in ASP.NET VB and I need to confirm that the file is of type jpg, jpeg, or gif. Right now the upload is working until I put a RegularExpressionValidator in to confirm the extension. Does this Server Control work with a FileUpload control Before you look at this be warned that I know nothing about regular expressions yet and the two I've tried both came from the internet and neither have worked. The ErrorMessage shows every time even with the correct file types. Does anyone see a problem with this code My code behind is just simply uploading the file so the error lies in here somewere.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!

How to get edit template controls in gridview

Youj can use the FindControl method of a row to get a control in one of the columns. If you don't have a solution by tomorrow morning, I will get you some code.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

hashtable

i want insert data in database using hastable
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Avoide back button action

how to avoide page to not go to back pages
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Composite Web Control

I'm guessing here... Did you set the property "savelocation" with an HTTP value Meaning you set it to something like "http://someurl.com/" (as opposed to something like "c:\somefolder"). Unless the website allows write access to that particular folder, the image creation wouldn't work. If I'm wrong, does the correct image show up If you right-click on it, and do a save image, do you download the correct image You might also want to check out the HTML rendered. Does the "src" attribute come out with "c:\somefolder" or "http://someurl.com/" If it's the c drive version, you might want to do some further customisation in the Render() method (or RenderControl() or the RenderBeginTag()/RenderEndTag() method pair). You will then set the ImageUrl property as the c drive version, but render the HTML with the HTTP version. Hope that made sense.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Dynamic web pages with ASP.Net 2.0 and javascript.

Tech Tip Experts,Ok, here's my situation. It's a tricky one -- well, probably not for ya'll. I have a web page that I'm building that has address information on it. I currently have some textboxes on my form for address, city, state, zip, county, country, move-in date and move-out date. So, here's my dilemma, I have to gather 5 years of address history from our clients who will be filling out the form. Now, what I have so far is a little javascript code on my page that checks the dates to see if they have 5 years of history. If they don't, it pops up a nice pretty little jQuery modal box in the middle of the screen telling them we need more history. So then I have a link down at the bottom of the page that says "Add new address". Then the client can click the link and using scriptaculous and prototype I have it roll down a hidden div with more textboxes for address, city, state...etc. With me so far Great. (-:Ok, here's where I think I need to improve my web site. Currently, my HTML is a little over 1,300 lines long being I have enough textboxes to allow for about 6 sets of addresses. Whew, that's a LOT of HTML! So, I got to thinking, what if I were to have just that one set of textboxes at the top of my web form and using javascript to detect the move-in date of that one address, instead of popping the modal in the middle of the screen telling them to click the link and add more addresses, just create the textboxes dynamically for them to enter another address.Is this possible Can you use javascript with ASP.Net to do something like thatI'm using Visual Studio 2005 with VB.Net and ASP.Net 2.0
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Spacer in Menu Item Control ?

I want to create a horizontal spacer in a dropdown menu list.\tHow do I accomplish this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to set UpdateText programmatically

My "new" button adds a blank record to the top of my asp.net 1.1 datagrid.\tTo complete the transaction the user currently hits the "update" command column.I would prefer that the column be titled "Add".\tSo I need to change the UpdateText property of the editcommandcolumn from "Update" to "Add".I see examples of asp code, but I don't know how to change it dynamically
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Free forum for asp.net 2.0

,I'mm looking all day long for a free ASP.net 2.0 forum to download. Does anybody know where to find oneThank You
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Windows authentication with IIS

I want to use windows authentication with IIS to give the user a popup where in he will enter the domain\userid and password. The user should be authenticated against the userid in the specified domain. I dont know how the popup box comes. I have tried a lot of things like removing anonymous access from IIS and also removed Digest and Basic authentication to make it a integrated windows authentication. Then i played a lot with web.config but the popup doesnt come. If anyone has used it then please let me know
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to get session id from cs class file in asp.net

I am classing common function in c# class file in asp.net. HttpContext.Current.Session.SessionID gives object reference not set to an instance error. However I could get session id from codebehind filePlease help.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Transforming an Excel spreadsheet in asp.net

How do I programatically trasform an excel spreadsheet to a csv file It's easy enough to do in excel, but I want to do it from an asp.net application.Or what would be even better yet would be to open up a spreadsheet, and insert it straight into a SQL table. Any code examples
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

insert into oracle table

I'm new to asp.net and I'm trying to get the basics down.\tI want to insert a record to my oracle table.I can connect fine and bind to datagrids etc... but when I try the following insert code, it blows up.---------------------------Dim conFIS As OleDbConnection\t\t\t\tDim cmdInsert As OleDbCommand\t\t\t\t'connection string to Oracle FIS database\t\t\t\tDim strCon As String = "PROVIDER=MSDAORA; DATA SOURCE=mydb;User ID=myuid; PASSWORD=mypw" 'these are not valid btw\t\t\t\t'SQL Insert string\t\t\t\tDim strInsert As String = "Insert into csc.mismgr_calls (caller, subject, comments) values (@caller, @subject, @comments)"\t\t\t\t'create the connection to oracle\t\t\t\tconFIS = New OleDbConnection(strCon)\t\t\t\tcmdInsert = New OleDbCommand(strInsert, conFIS)\t\t\t\tcmdInsert.Parameters.AddWithValue("@caller", txtCaller.Text)\t\t\t\tcmdInsert.Parameters.AddWithValue("@subject", txtSubject.text)\t\t\t\tcmdInsert.Parameters.AddWithValue("@comments", txtComments.Text)\t\t\t\tconFIS.Open()\t\t\t\tcmdInsert.ExecuteNonQuery()\t\t\t\tconFIS.Close()---------------------------------------------It seems to blow up with an oracle error:One or more errors occurred during processing of command. ORA-00936: missing expression Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: One or more errors occurred during processing of command. ORA-00936: missing expressionMy server is windows 2000, and I'm developing on Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition bet
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Writing code for a checkbox in a datagrid

I have the following asp:checkbox as a row in my datagrid.\tand im trying to write code on the onCheckedChanged event of it.\tThe code im trying to write is incorrect as im getting build errors. What im trying to do is populate a label on my aspx page with the contents of the row in the database which I have checked.\tWhen I uncheck the checkbox I want the label to be set to blank so as it can be populated again when another checkbox in the datagrid is ticked.\tThe html for the checkbox is below along with the code-behind page.\tCan someone tell me what i've done wrong and how I can fix this.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Simple way to sort in editing datagrid for share

In order to sort in two way, ASC and DESC, in editing datagrid, I found a simple way. I posted here for share:1) make a label lblToggle invisible and text = "ASC"2) Sub dgReportDetail_Sort(ByVal Sender As Object, ByVal E As DataGridSortCommandEventArgs)\t\t\t\tDim strMyOrder As String\t\t\t\tIf Me.lbltoggle.Text = "ASC" Then\t\t\t\t\t\tstrMyOrder &= E.SortExpression & " ASC"\t\t\t\t\t\tMyBindData(strMyOrder)\t\t\t\t\t\tMe.lbltoggle.Text = "DESC"\t\t\t\tElse\t\t\t\t\t\tstrMyOrder &= E.SortExpression & " DESC"\t\t\t\t\t\tMyBindData(strMyOrder)\t\t\t\t\t\tMe.lbltoggle.Text = "ASC"\t\t\t\tEnd If\t\tEnd Sub
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Install problem

Hi-I just installed VS.NET 2003, and when I tried to open a new .net web\tapp project, i get the following error:VisualStudio.net has detected that the specified web server is not running asp.net version 1.1. You will be unable to run asp.net web applications or services.So I downloaded the .net framework 1.1, installed that, and the same thing happens.\tis there something else i need to do
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

sqlserver webform application design

I'm working on some forms for a sqlserver asp.net webforms application.These forms will deal with only one db record's information at a time.It appears that only simple controls (combobox etc) and the all-powerfuldatagrid control have binding and committal functionality.Therefore I see my options asa) use a datagrid. I believe I must disqualify this though, because thenumber of fields are far beyond screen-length and I'm not displaying morethan one record. Hence, unless I can break a datagrid's normally tabulardisplay, I don't think this is the option.b) implement my own transactional integrity accross standard textbox /combobox controls. Using a dataset to prepopulate the controls,strong data validation, and well-structured try-catch clauses & errorhandling, issue my own sql insert/updates directly to the db.Are there options available to me that I don't see I'm honestly veryaccustomed to MSAccess's binding controls to datasources, and I'mkind of longing for them... Not that I can't code what I see needs to bedone in option b, I'd just rather save what work I can.\t\t\t-evilme
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

dependant drop down list - using javascript?

I've got one drop down list containing regions across the country (North West, South East etc) - then a second drop down to contain the counties/cities within that region. the data is stored in a database. I dont want to have to post back and have been reading a few articles saying that I should use javascript to preload all the possibilities for the 2 list.BUT - all the code samples I've found are in ASP not .net and I'm having trouble getting to grips with how this should be working.Can anyone lend a handcheers,van.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Crystal Report on the Web

all,I'm not too familiar with the web controls as I am used to console apps. I'm trying to get a crystal report to print be viewable and printable on the web. I added the Crystal report to the project, then put a crystal report source control on the page and set its report source to my report (via the dropdown list on the web view). I then drop a crystal report viewer control and set its report source to the report source control previously placed. Now I need to pass my report two values dynamically. The code I've been fooling with looks something like this:\t\t\t\tDim myTableLogonInfos As TableLogOnInfos = New CrystalDecisions.Shared.TableLogOnInfos()\t\t\t\tDim myTableLogonInfo As TableLogOnInfo = New CrystalDecisions.Shared.TableLogOnInfo()\t\t\t\tDim myConnectionInfo As ConnectionInfo = New CrystalDecisions.Shared.ConnectionInfo()\t\t\t\tWith myConnectionInfo\t\t\t\t\t\t.ServerName = "SQLTest2"\t\t\t\t\t\t.DatabaseName = "AccountsReceivable2"\t\t\t\t\t\t.UserID = "sa"\t\t\t\t\t\t.Password = "pass"\t\t\t\tEnd With\t\t\t\tmyTableLogonInfo.ConnectionInfo = myConnectionInfo\t\t\t\tmyTableLogonInfo.TableName = "rpt_Schedules"\t\t\t\tmyTableLogonInfos.Add(myTableLogonInfo)\t\t\t\tviewerRptSchedules.LogOnInfo = myTableLogonInfos\t\t\t'the crystal report viewer\t\t\t\tDim myParamField1 As New CrystalDecisions.Web.Parameter\t\t\t\tDim myParamField2 As New CrystalDecisions.Web.Parameter\t\t\t\tDim myParams As New CrystalDecisions.Web.ParameterCollection\t\t\t\tmyParamField1.DefaultValue = "1"\t\t\t\tmyParamField1.Name = "strCompanyName"\t\t\t\tmyParamField2.DefaultValue = "015210"\t\t\t\tmyParamField2.Name = "strEmployee"\t\t\t\tmyParams.Add(myParamField1)\t\t\t\tmyParams.Add(myParamField2)\tI tried for the longest time using crystaldecisions.shared.parameterfield(s) and similar, but it wasnt working. Figured I'd give the .web.parameter thing a shot. However, I couldnt find any logonInfo classes objects under .web.\tWhat to do Oh, by the way, my error is always either "Could not log on, etc." or "Invalid parameter values", depending on what I fool with. I'm using 2.0.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Spawning seperate thread after http request

I want to setup a mailing program which allows the user to enter an email message on a aspx page and click submit to their membership list.\tHowever when we test it the process has not completed when the http request times out.\tIs there a way to spawn a seperate thread that continues to run and allows the http response to the requestI am looping through the email list and calling SmtpMail.Send for each individual email address at an interval of 10 seconds.\t(Some ISP's in my area will consider it spam if they come faster than that from the same host.The process obviously does not complete before the request times out
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Howto refresh datagrid after update database

how can i refresh datagrid after updating database.First of all i'll describe my problem.I have a webform\twith a datagrid and a save button. The datagrid consist of row of fields: ID, Name Price, Price is a editable textbox. User can edit as many of the price Textbox as needed,\tclick save button to update all changes back to the database, and the grid will be rebind. The problem is that after rebind , I get thegrid with 6 field as ID,Name, Price, ID,Name ,Price.Do i miss something here or how can i clear the content of the Grid before rebindAny help would be much appreciated. ( please refer to my code below
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Storing a number to increment up or down .ASPX or class

I am making a document viewer. I will be passed from 1 to 15 docsI want a Next button to load the next document. I have the document numbers in an arrayHow can I move to the next doc when I click the Next buttonThis is my classCODE\t\tPublic Class Class1\t\tPrivate mDocsArray(15) As String\t\tPrivate DocNum1 As Integer\t\tPublic Sub New()\t\tEnd Sub\t\tProperty ParseDocs() As String()\t\t\t\tGet\t\t\t\t\t\tReturn mDocsArray\t\t\t\tEnd Get\t\t\t\tSet(ByVal Value() As String)\t\t\t\t\t\tmDocsArray = Value\t\t\t\tEnd Set\t\tEnd Property I want to use this Property to store a number Or do I\t\tProperty Docnum()\t\t\t\tGet\t\t\t\t\t\tReturn DocNum1\t\t\t\tEnd Get\t\t\t\tSet(ByVal Value)\t\t\t\t\t\tDocNum1 = Value\t\t\t\tEnd Set\t\tEnd PropertyEnd ClassThis is my VB ASP.NETCODE\tPrivate Sub cmdNext_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles cmdNext.Click\t\tDim DocName As String\t\t\t\tDim p As New Class1\t\t\t\tDim Docs(15) As String\t\t\t\tp = CType(Session("p"), Class1)\t\t\t\tDocs = p.ParseDocs\t\t\t\tDocName = p.ParseDocs(p.Docnum)\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

User Email Validation

are there any complete examples of user e-mail validation
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Defaulting 0 to textbox value

I need to total textboxes going across.\tHowever I do not want to place a "0" in the textbox itself.\tCan I somehow default in my code that value to 0 without having to complete IF statements.\tRight now it goes (Cdbl(textbox1.text) + CDbl(textbox2.text).ToStringBut one of the values could be blank and I want to make sure it adds as zero.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

BC30456: 'Text' is not a member

I'm getting hung up on the class for the namespace.\tGetting error, BC30456: 'Text' is not a member of 'System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand' at the "objCommand.Text = strSQL" line.\tWhat am I going wrong
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

No Option Appear in my Box

I have this code that Im trying to use to populate a drop down box. The problem is that it doesn't list any of the values from the field Im Connecting too.\tI get an error code 13. What am I missing\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Logical Tiers and DataReaders

Ok let me explain what I'm doing (or trying to do).I'm not a system architect so please forgive me if I have the concepts or terminology wrong.I have an n-tier app.\tIt consists of the presentation layer, the business logic layer, the data access layer, and the database.In the database I'm using stored procedures.\tThe database physically sits on a different server from everything else.I have a different assembly (the data access layer) that handles all calls to the db.The code behind files for the aspx pages contain calls to methods within the data access layer to retrieve data for display, etc.Now ... I'm passing data from the DAL in a datareader to the code behind files.\tIs this the best thing to do\tI understand that its better to use a dataset when passing data between tiers because it handles marshaling better.\tIs that a factor when its just logical tiers Also with inter-tier communication the whole chatty / chunky call deal doesn't really apply does it\tThat only becomes an issue when passing data between physical tiersAm I correct or wackoPlease advise
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

possible to check if text box has been modified

Thanks in advance for any help you can give. Is there a way to check if a textbox was modified after the page was loaded (without doing a comparison to what it was before and what it is now because there are lots of them) I'm looking for some property like if textbox.wasmodified = True thenwhateverI have come across several times when I thought something like this would be useful. Any ideas.Thanks!Kimberl
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

how to make a secure login validation...

Im new to asp.net and need whatever you tips and suggestions I can get. Heres a program that I would like to make but I dont know where to begin. I would like to make a program to keep all the username and password in some kind of secure database and use that to validate if they are an authorized user or not.Heres my scenerio,I would have a regular login screen with a username text and password textbox. When users submit their username and password, I would like asp to take their username, password, and look them up in the database to see if it matches. If it does, then the user will be directed to a member page. However, if the username and password doesn't exist in the database, it will direct the user to a, "sign up to be a member page." I have other questions regarding the sign up page but Ill keep it short for now.Thankx you all in advance.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

CType Problems

I'm fairly new to ASP.NET to hopefully an easy one to solve :)Whats wrong with thisDim Resolved as Boolean = CType(e.Item.Cells(4).Controls(0), Checkbox).CheckedI'm trying to store the value from a datagrid for an update in a datagrid. It works for text but not for a checkboxSystem.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Browser "Back" Botton - how to control

In our application, the user registeration taking 5 pages the user is moving through and filling data.Suppose when user is reached to the last page(no. 5), the user can returns back to the first no. 1 page. For that, we want to disable user coming back to that first no.1 page, we want to control the back button and redirect it to a particular page we determine.Using\tc# please and not vb.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Issue with Dynamic Dependent Drop Down Menu

you have c# code, and i normally work with vb.net, but where is your HANDLES after the event functionin vb you havePublic Sub xx_click(sender, e) handles xx.click -Sometimes the answer to your question is the hack that works
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 2nd January 2013
View Replies!

UserControl caching

I am hosting a usercontrol on a masterpage that builds a dynamic menu based on the user name I retrieve based on the user's windows logon.\tI have a table in the database that retrieves role information based on their logon id.I want to display this usercontrol based on the user's logon, which I have captured in a session object.\tDifferent users will have different menu items based on their role in the database.I am not using the menu control shipped with ASP.NET.\tI'm using an Oracle database, which doesn't lend itself well to building a membership provider.How should I approach building a fragment cached user control in this scenario that display a different cached user control based on the user's logon
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Running Web Service on IIS 5.1 windows XP Pro

I need to run webservices without installing the framework on a windows XP Pro system. webservices aren't available in IIS 5.1 it seems, is there any way to fix this many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

problem with variable?

Hi:)My code is very simple,it's one class with some "public void" methods. I'm using 3 "int" variables in that methods.\tProblem is that value of variables is not transfering from one to another method.For example:public class Alabala{int x;public void ButtonClick(){int x=4:}public void ButtonClick2(){x=x+1}message.Text = "x =" + x;}Output is: x = 0That is problem, I cant use my variable!! I want to haveoutput like this x=5.I thinlk I was clear:)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

.Net framework SP1 breaks code

,We have a .Net web application which I've written an extension for, in C#/ASP.Net. This has worked fine for ages but the live web server has just been upgraded to Service Pack 1 of the .Net framework and now my extension falls over. The development and test servers don't have SP1 and the code still works there.Any idea why this might be I know it's hard to give a specific answer when my question is so vague but I would have thought that the service pack would just fix vulnerabilities, not break code. I just wondered whether I might have done something fundamentally wrong to make my code fall over after a service pack is applied. Do other people have to re-compile everything whenever the server is upgradedThe error that I'm getting is "QueryInterface for interface System.IDisposable failed", but it's not possible to debug where this is actually ocurring because I can't put debugs on our live system and neither the dev nor the test systems give the error.Any ideas gratefully appreciated
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how to use stack trace to find error

,First, if I post my question in the wrong forum, please let me know.I am maintaining an asp.net application (I am new at asp as well) and ran into a problem that related to htmlcontrols. On the error page in the browser, it gave me the error description and a section of the stack route with some controls and some + number (e.g. control.. + 234) so that you can find out which control is causing the problem.\tCan some one please help me or show me the basic information on how to digest these stack pointer to find which html control is causing the problem.\tI am sorry that I don't have my laptop with me at the moment so I can't dictate the exact error message, but it is about an html control can't not have multiple select when the multiple select property is diabled.Any pointer is certainly appreciated.TIATheseekers is out seeking......
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

.NET Wrapper to view old Crystal Reports

...I have inherited some old Crystal Reports that I need to create a wrapper that enables them to be veiwed ... and the end users wanted it yeseterday .... anybody have any suggestions where I might find something quick that is already created to save some time\tMany
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Submit button - nothing happens?

In my ASP.Net page, when I click submit, nothing seems to take place, in the code I have it is supposed to updated an Oracle database in several locations, but when I click the button it is almost as if the page is reposting itself.\tAlso, I have a redirect command at the end of the code, so if nothing else, it should redirect itself...No error messages and when I compile the data in VS.Net, I get no error messages....any ideasHere's the code:Imports System.Data.OleDbImports System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionImports System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataAdapterImports System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataReaderImports System.DateTimePublic Class WebForm2Inherits System.Web.UI.PageProtected WithEvents Label1 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.LabelProtected WithEvents Label2 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.LabelProtected WithEvents Label4 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.LabelProtected WithEvents Label5 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.LabelProtected WithEvents Label6 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.LabelProtected WithEvents Calendar1 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.CalendarProtected WithEvents Label7 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.LabelProtected WithEvents Label8 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.LabelProtected WithEvents Button1 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button\t\tProtected WithEvents RequestorID As System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList\t\tProtected WithEvents EquipmentID As System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox\t\tProtected WithEvents Description As System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox\t\tProtected WithEvents WorkDate As System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox\t\tProtected WithEvents Rate As System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList\t\tProtected WithEvents Hours As System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox\t\tProtected WithEvents Shift As System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList\t\tProtected WithEvents Remarks As System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox\t\tProtected WithEvents Label3 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label#Region " Web Form Designer Generated Code "\t\t'This call is required by the Web Form Designer.\t\t Private Sub InitializeComponent()\t\tEnd Sub\t\tPrivate Sub Page_Init(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Init\t\t\t\t'CODEGEN: This method call is required by the Web Form Designer\t\t\t\t'Do not modify it using the code editor.\t\t\t\tInitializeComponent()\t\tEnd Sub#End Region\t\tPrivate Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load\t\t\t\tDim strEquipment As String\t\t\t\tEquipmentID.Text = Session("myEquip")\t\t\t\tDim conTab2 As New OleDbConnection()\t\t\t\tconTab2 = New OleDbConnection("Provider=MSDAORA.1;Password=sdsdsd;User ID=sdsdsd;Data Source=sdsdsdsdsd;Persist Security Info=True;")\t\t\t\tconTab2.Open()\t\t\t\tDim cmdSelect2 As OleDbCommand\t\t\t\tcmdSelect2 = New OleDbCommand("Select employee_id, employee_name From em_employee Where plant = '854' and employee_name IS NOT NULL and planner_code IS NULL order by employee_name", conTab2)\t\t\t\tDim dtrRequestor As OleDbDataReader\t\t\t\tdtrRequestor = cmdSelect2.ExecuteReader()\t\t\t\tIf Not IsPostBack Then\t\t\t\t\t\tRequestorID.DataSource = dtrRequestor\t\t\t\t\t\tRequestorID.DataValueField = "employee_id"\t\t\t\t\t\tRequestorID.DataTextField = "employee_name"\t\t\t\t\t\tRequestorID.DataBind()\t\t\t\t\t\tdtrRequestor.Close()\t\t\t\t\t\tconTab2.Close()\t\t\t\tEnd If\t\tEnd Sub\t\tSub Button1_Click(ByVal s As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)\t\t\t\tDim dtmDate As DateTime = DateTime.Now()\t\t\t\tDim dtEntDate As Date\t\t\t\tDim dtComDate As Date\t\t\t\tDim equipDept As String\t\t\t\tDim wo_count As Integer\t\t\t\tDim zeroFill As String\t\t\t\tDim next_wo_number As String\t\t'new work order number\t\t\t\tDim conTab4 As OleDbConnection\t\t\t\tconTab4 = New OleDbConnection("Provider=MSDAORA.1;Password=sdsdsd;User ID=sdsdsd;Data Source=sdsdsdsdsd;Persist Security Info=True;")\t\t\t\tDim strSelect4 As String\t\t\t\tstrSelect4 = "Select counter From wo_control_numbering Where plant = '854' and wo_type = 'Routine'"\t\t\t\tDim cmdSelect4 As OleDbCommand\t\t\t\tcmdSelect4 = New OleDbCommand(strSelect4, conTab4)\t\t\t\tconTab4.Open()\t\t\t\tSession("wo_count") = cmdSelect4.ExecuteScalar()\t\t\t\tconTab4.Close()\t\t\t\tSession("wo_count") += 1\t\t\t\tIf Session("wo_count") < 10000 Then\t\t\t\t\t\tzeroFill = "00" & Session("wo_count")\t\t\t\tElseIf Session("wo_count") < 100000 Then\t\t\t\t\t\tzeroFill = "0" & Session("wo_count")\t\t\t\tEnd If\t\t\t\tnext_wo_number = "RT" & zeroFill\t\t\t\t' Update work order number\t\t\t\tDim strUpdate As String\t\t\t\tstrUpdate = "Update wo_control_numbering Set counter = where plant = '854' and wo_type = 'Routine'"\t\t\t\tDim cmdUpdate As OleDbCommand\t\t\t\tcmdUpdate = New OleDbCommand(strUpdate, conTab4)\t\t\t\tcmdUpdate.Parameters.Add("@wo_num", Session("wo_count"))\t\t\t\tconTab4.Open()\t\t\t\tcmdUpdate.ExecuteNonQuery()\t\t\t\tconTab4.Close()\t\t\t\tSession("myEquipment") = EquipmentID.Text\t\t\t\t'Get Department & Account from Equipment ID\t\t\t\tDim cmdSelectDept As OleDbCommand\t\t\t\tDim strSelectDept As String\t\t\t\tDim eq_dept As String\t\t\t\t'Dim acc_num As String\t\t\t\tstrSelectDept = "Select department From eq_locations Where plant = '854'and equipment ="\t\t\t\tcmdSelectDept = New OleDbCommand(strSelectDept, conTab4)\t\t\t\tcmdSelectDept.Parameters.Add("@dept", Session("myEquipment"))\t\t\t\tconTab4.Open()\t\t\t\tequipDept = cmdSelectDept.ExecuteScalar()\t\t\t\tconTab4.Close()\t\t\t\tdtEntDate = WorkDate.Text\t\t\t\tdtComDate = WorkDate.Text\t\t\t\t'Insert into work order\t\t\t\tDim strInsertWo As String\t\t\t\tDim cmdInsertWo As OleDbCommand\t\t\t\tstrInsertWo = "Insert into wo_work_order (plant, wo_base, wo_task, wo_subtask, description, status, priority, area, department, equipment, wo_type, requestor, next_reviewer, entered_date, work_class, entered_by) Values ('854', ,' ' ,' ' ,, 0, '3' , '000', , , 'Routine', , ' ', , '08',)"\t\t\t\tcmdInsertWo = New OleDbCommand(strInsertWo, conTab4)\t\t\t\tcmdInsertWo.Parameters.Add("@work", next_wo_number)\t\t\t\tcmdInsertWo.Parameters.Add("@descript", Description.Text)\t\t\t\tcmdInsertWo.Parameters.Add("@eqdept", equipDept)\t\t\t\tcmdInsertWo.Parameters.Add("@eqid", EquipmentID.Text)\t\t\t\tcmdInsertWo.Parameters.Add("@requestby", RequestorID.SelectedItem.Value)\t\t\t\tcmdInsertWo.Parameters.Add("@entdate", dtEntDate)\t\t\t\t'cmdInsertwo.parameters.Add( "@acc", acc_num)\t\t-\tAccount\tNumber Insert\t\t\t\tcmdInsertWo.Parameters.Add("@enteredby", RequestorID.SelectedItem.Value)\t\t\t\tconTab4.Open()\t\t\t\tcmdInsertWo.ExecuteNonQuery()\t\t\t\tconTab4.Close()\t\t\t\tDim strInsertWoComm As String\t\t\t\tDim cmdInsertWoComm As OleDbCommand\t\t\t\tstrInsertWoComm = "Insert into wo_comments (plant, wo_base, wo_task, wo_subtask, long_description) values ('854', , ' ', ' ', )"\t\t\t\tcmdInsertWoComm = New OleDbCommand(strInsertWoComm, conTab4)\t\t\t\tcmdInsertWoComm.Parameters.Add("@workid", next_wo_number)\t\t\t\tcmdInsertWoComm.Parameters.Add("@equip", Remarks.Text & "\tEquipment ID: ")\t\t\t\tconTab4.Open()\t\t\t\tcmdInsertWoComm.ExecuteNonQuery()\t\t\t\tconTab4.Close()\t\t\t\tDim conTab3 As OleDbConnection\t\t\t\tDim strSelect3 As String\t\t\t\tDim cmdSelect3 As OleDbCommand\t\t\t\tDim strSkill As String\t\t\t\tconTab3 = New OleDbConnection("Provider=MSDAORA.1;Password=sdsdsd;User ID=sdsdsd;Data Source=sdsdsdsdsd;Persist Security Info=True;")\t\t\t\tstrSelect3 = "Select resource_id From em_employee_rates Where plant = '854' and employee_id="\t\t\t\tcmdSelect3 = New OleDbCommand(strSelect3, conTab3)\t\t\t\tSession("myEmployee") = RequestorID.SelectedItem.Value\t\t\t\tcmdSelect3.Parameters.Add("@Employee", Session("myEmployee"))\t\t\t\tconTab3.Open()\t\t\t\tstrSkill = cmdSelect3.ExecuteScalar()\t\t\t\tconTab3.Close()\t\t\t\tDim strUpdate2 As String\t\t\t\tDim cmdUpdate2 As OleDbCommand\t\t\t\tstrUpdate2 = "Update wo_work_order Set status='70', completed_date= Where plant = '854' and wo_base="\t\t\t\tcmdUpdate2 = New OleDbCommand(strUpdate2, conTab4)\t\t\t\tcmdUpdate2.Parameters.Add("@comDate", dtComDate)\t\t\t\tcmdUpdate2.Parameters.Add("@wkbase", next_wo_number)\t\t\t\tconTab4.Open()\t\t\t\tcmdUpdate2.ExecuteNonQuery()\t\t\t\tconTab4.Close()\t\t\t\tstrUpdate2 = "Update eq_events Set wo_complete_flag = '1', event_id=, event_status = 'Closed', employee_id=, production_lost=, event_end_date=, event_end_time=, event_duration= Where plant= '854' and wo_base="\t\t\t\tcmdUpdate2 = New OleDbCommand(strUpdate2, conTab4)\t\t\t\tcmdUpdate2.Parameters.Add("@workevent", next_wo_number)\t\t\t\tcmdUpdate2.Parameters.Add("@employee", Session("myEmployee"))\t\t\t\tcmdUpdate2.Parameters.Add("@shift", Shift.SelectedItem.Value)\t\t\t\tcmdUpdate2.Parameters.Add("@endDate", dtComDate)\t\t\t\tcmdUpdate2.Parameters.Add("@time", dtmDate.ToString("t"))\t\t\t\tcmdUpdate2.Parameters.Add("@duration", Hours.Text)\t\t\t\tcmdUpdate2.Parameters.Add("@workbase", next_wo_number)\t\t\t\tconTab4.Open()\t\t\t\tcmdUpdate2.ExecuteNonQuery()\t\t\t\tconTab4.Close()\t\t\t\t'Worker Time Reporting Input\t\t\t\tDim strInsertWorkerTime As String\t\t\t\tDim cmdInsertWorkerTime As OleDbCommand\t\t\t\tstrInsertWorkerTime = "Insert into wo_log_labor (plant, transaction_date, transaction_time, employee_id, work_date, work_hours, resource_id, multiplier, wo_base) Values ('854',\tto_date('06/02/2004', 'MM/DD/YYYY') , '3:30' , , , , , , )"\t\t\t\tcmdInsertWorkerTime = New OleDbCommand(strInsertWorkerTime, conTab4)\t\t\t\tcmdInsertWorkerTime.Parameters.Add("@empID", Session("myEmployee"))\t\t\t\tcmdInsertWorkerTime.Parameters.Add("@wrkDt", dtComDate)\t\t\t\tcmdInsertWorkerTime.Parameters.Add("@hours", Hours.Text)\t\t\t\tcmdInsertWorkerTime.Parameters.Add("@skillID", strSkill)\t\t\t\tcmdInsertWorkerTime.Parameters.Add("@rate", Rate.SelectedItem.Value)\t\t\t\tcmdInsertWorkerTime.Parameters.Add("@wrkBase", next_wo_number)\t\t\t\tconTab4.Open()\t\t\t\tcmdInsertWorkerTime.ExecuteNonQuery()\t\t\t\tconTab4.Close()\t\t\t\tResponse.Redirect(
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Problem with Internet Explorer and ASP.Net Page

I have a problem with an ASP.net page and Internet Explorer, when I code the page and compile it I get no errors with functions that belong to Framework 1.1 but when I run the page on Internet Explorer 6.0, I get errors related to these functions and I can see at the bottom of the page that I am running Framework 1.0:Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.0.3705.0; ASP.NET Version:1.0.3705.0 How can I make my Internet Explorer and ASP.NET to refer or point to Framework 1.1 and not to 1.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Keep format intact after Datagrid Export to Excel

Hi , I have created datagrid and added a link to export the content of the datagrid to excel. format was lost when I export the data. Is there a way to keep the same format in the datagrid in the exported excel. Please click on the link to have a visual snap shot of the problem.http://aalhussein.webhostme.com/Q/ExportToExcel.htm
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

aspx page through SSL

Hi ,I have an aspx page that is running through a Shared Certificate, and i'm getting the following error."It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS."It somewhat regards the authentication on the page.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Printing out an ASP.NET Page

I have a simple web page that contains a user cotrol across the top for navigation and a user control down the left side for navigation (standard layout). How do I print out the contents of the page to automatically fit the portait landscape so that the entire page fits horizontally without being cut off. I would like to set this from the IE menu bar but that's not necessary (I could write a function to do this but I would like to know how).If that is not possible how do I write a function that prints out only the main section of the page while leaving out the top and side user controls
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

DataGrid not showing, why? (Snippet posted)

Please look at the code below and tell me why the data grid is not showing, only the label.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!