.NET Remoting Using HttpChannel

I've used the .NET Remoting by listening on certain port on TcpChannel, but my company wants to compare it with the HttpChannel since my company have a lot of firewall, he suggest that the .NET Remoting listen on Http port (80)

I change my code and tell my host application and register to ChannelServices.( new (HttpChannel()));
but when my client app access the host... there's an exception occurred, which sound like this :
(405) method not allowed or something like that (i forgot ^-^)
I've read an article before 'bout using the IIS as the listener if you use .NET Remoting on HttpChannel, but the article didn't show me the way ):

by the way... could someone here help me with that
Posted On: Wednesday 2nd of January 2013 02:29:55 AM Total Views:  283
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF ASP.NET PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

populate text box with sql

does anyone know how to populate a text box with an sql query using .net 1.1
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 2nd January 2013
View Replies!

Forms Authincation

Hi all i have interesting problem atleast to me. I have a web application that i have written on a dev machine that is running XP Pro with IIS, then i transfer it over to the production server which is Win2003 Server with IIS. The problem that i am having is that when users use the site on the production server after they log in and are browsing around. The application will kick them back to the login page at different time interivals. Almost as if there seesion/ticket has expired. I have confrimed that the settings in IIS on both dev and production are the same as far as i can tell, same with the Global.asax, and web.config. I am at a loss on what could be causing this. Any sugestions and assistance would be greatly aprecated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

user input form

hello, i am trying to create a user input form that links to a database, everything is working fine apart from one problem... There is a field called "DateJoined" and i want the page to load with the current system date already in the dateJoinedTextBox!I am writing in ASP.net 2.0 using Access as my DBMS!!so far i have worked out aq way to get just the date using a javascript function:CODEvar currentTime = new Date()var day = currentTime.getDate()var month = currentTime.getMonth() + 1var year = currentTime.getFullYear()document.write(day + "/" + month + "/" + year)but i cant get it into my text box in anyway cos it won't allow code between the tags and i am using templateFileds but am not sure how to do it!code for DateJoined TemplateField:CODE\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tany help would be great!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

createuserwizard

The validation code below doesnt work, can anyone point me in the right direction. If I remove all the createuserwizards step and just have the code within the table plus a button the validation works the way I expect it.Any ideas why it isn't working\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tUsername:\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tPassword:\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tConfirm Password:\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tEmail:\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tQuestion:\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tAnswer:\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Error

This is a page created via Visual Studio. I am getting:"Could not load type 'gmm.index'"at.... Inherits="gmm.Index"What am I doing wrong
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Sending mail using asp.net w/ VB script

,In my site I have a contact page that is used to send emails to the owner. I have looked at several tutorials and have written the vb code needed. When I submit the form I get this errorSystem.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The transport failed to connect to the server. it gives me two http exceptions - 0x80040213 and 0x80004005.Now the code that it sais is the porblem is sending the mail (SmtpMail.Send(objMM))So I am just wondeing what this is actually saying. I am using my mail server that I obtained from my host (mail.mymail.com.au) and have specified this correctly in my code.Is it a problem with my smpt server That I need to take up with my host Or is it another problem I have read articles that explain about bigpond controlling port 25, and my isp is bigpond, could this be the issue
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Check for Exception in module

My question is if I need to handle the possible Exception in my module code differently.\tI thought it would get caught in the page routine, but just wanted to be sure.Here's what I have for the page routine along with my module:1.\tPage Routine****************Select Case DBselected\tCase "DB8"\tintTestCnt = GetNumber.FetchNumber(ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("db8"), Session("User"))\t\t\t\t\t.....14 more Case statementEnd SelectIf intTestCnt = 0 Then\tbtnSwitchboard1.Enabled = False\tlblnotice.Visible = True\tlblnotice.Text = "No permission!"Else 'ow entry\tbtnSwitchboard1.Enabled = True\tlblnotice.Visible = FalseEnd If2.\tModule Code***************Module GetNumberFunction FetchNumber(ByVal key As String, ByVal strNumber As String) As IntegerDim sCon1 As New SqlConnectionsCon1.ConnectionString = keysCon1.Open()TryDim cmd As New SqlCommand("usp_SecurityCount", sCon1)cmd.CommandType = System.Data.CommandType.StoredProcedurecmd.Parameters.Add(New System.Data.SqlClient.SqlParameter ("@Number", System.Data.SqlDbType.NVarChar, 50))cmd.Parameters("@Number").Value = strNumberFetchNumber = cmd.ExecuteScalar()sCon1.Close()Catch ex As ExceptionThrow exFinallyIf Not IsNothing(sCon1) Then\t\tsCon1.Close()End IfEnd TryReturn FetchNumberEnd Functio
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How do I create a session variable dataset from an application datase

HiI have an asp.net app. using an sql server database.What I want to do is create an Application Variable to contain the database - an Application Dataset. Then create a Session Variable Dataset for each user with data filtered from the Application Dataset according to the users login details (there are no changes to the database for the life of the application).How do I set up these variables any coding examples or pointers to tutorials appriciated
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How can i use macromedia projects in asp.net?

I designed a menu with macromedia dreamweaver.It created a javascript and a file like *.js by it self.I wanted to use this menu in my asp.net project therefore i copied the html codes and files from macromedia and pasted into my project.additionly i added the js files into my asp.net project.When i run my asp.net project i can see the menu but the menu is not working properly.It's colors must change when the mouse is on but not work.Macromedia project is created by javascript codes an html tags like this:Program creates an error message for OnMouseOut tag.How can i use macromedia projects in asp.net.I want to include the macromedia codes in my project like this:how can i do it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Connection string for MS Access

I want to develop .NEt application reading MS Access Data.1) What is connection string I can place in web.config2) In case if I decide to have linked MS Access tables in SQL Epress 2005, what are the connection settings for it3) In Case if I decide to have DTS scheduled job, how do I schedule this with SQL Express 2005 Do I need to have SQL Server 2000 for this4)What would be the best aproach from options 1-3 The input data always comes in MS Access... The tables are big...5) The data will be exported as Web Service. Is there any existing sample how to do this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Split function - help needed

CSV file looks likea,b,c,d,e,f,ga,b,c,d,e,f,ga,b,c,d,e,f,gDim m_cLineDelimiter as String = vbcrlf'Break File into linesDim m_sLineDelimitedFile = Split(m_sFileContents, m_cLineDelimiter)'Break lines into individual itemsFor l_iIndex = 0 To UBound(m_sLineDelimitedFile)\t\tResponse.write (m_sLineDelimitedFile(l_iIndex))Prints out a,b,c,d,e,f,g\t\titems = Split(m_sLineDelimitedFile(l_iIndex), m_cItemDelimiter)\t\t\t\tResponse.Write(UBound(items)) Prints out 7 (all good so far)\t\t\t\t\t\tResponse.write(items(0))\t\t Prints out a list of "a"\t\tResponse.Write(items(1))\t\t Out of bounds array exceptionNext
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the failure is

ASP.NET stopped working due to insufficient privileges on localmachine\ASPNET account.As suggested by microsoft KB article, I am able to solve this problem.the article:http://support.microsoft.com/id=317012The solution is to assign the localmachine\ASPNET to the WMI Control properties of "Services and Application"It has been clearly mentioned in the article
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

(New to WebForms) Crystal Reports Question

,I'm trying to set up a crystal report viewer in a web form using vb.net/asp.net.\tI'm finding that the following lineCrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = "C:\\report_1.rpt"followed by CrystalReportViewer1.Refresh()Is failing with...Object reference not set to an instance of an object. etc...Does anyone have any tips on how to setup a simple Crystal Report viewer in a web form.\tI've done this before in Windows Forms and not had trouble
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Compare effeciency

i have a table like thisUserId\t\tScore1\t\t\t\t\t\t152\t\t\t\t\t\t301\t\t\t\t\t\t452\t\t\t\t\t\t50This is the basic SQL i run to get the score per user:select UserId,count(Score) from Table1 group by UserIdNow i want the Total Score(=15+30+45+50) also in the resultset (AS i need to calculate the %).i.e. i am looking for a display like this:UserId\t\tScore Total1\t\t\t\t\t\t15\t\t1402\t\t\t\t\t\t30\t\t1401\t\t\t\t\t\t45\t\t1402\t\t\t\t\t\t50\t\t140I can do this in either SQL server or in .NETIf i do this i SQL i would write something like this:select * from (select UserId,count(Score) from Table1 group by UserId) Table1Left Join(select count(Score) from Table1 group by UserId) Table2on 1=1How effecient is thisIf i have to use .NET then i have to use DataSets (as calculations with datareaders is difficult after the DataReader s bound)So the comparison i am making is calculating in .NET(Using a DataSet) Vs writing the query in SQL server... Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Dynamic object propertys

I'm mega noob in ASP.net. What I'm trying to do is read an XML file and make an object of each record. Thus getting the propertys from the XML file and set them accordingly then put the objects back in an array. The prob here is how do I dynamically create the propertys from the data in the dataset... I can't know in advance what kind of object I'm gonna get.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Crystal Reports report Sorting via the viewer

I have a ASP.net page and which people can view crystal reports, i want to beable to let them sort on a selection of columns either by Asc or desc .. can this be done \t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

The webpage you requested is not available offline

I have an asp.net application running on Windows XP. SQL Server is running on the same machine. To login the user browses to http://machinename/default.aspx. Here they enter log in details and can use the application. This works fine on all the other machines that I\thave deployed the app (usually laptops where the sales agents can then demo the app live)One machine keeps giving the error above so i figure it must be something to so with the browser settings. I have tried setting "Never dial a connection" in the Internet Options but this gives the error "The pages cannot be displayed"I have also tried unchecking "work offline" but this lets the user browse through the app but there is no functionality available - if they click a next button on a page nothing happens. Would really appreciate any suggestion
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Procedure Expects Parameter ...was not supplied

I have a datagrid that is suppose to update information in a sql database, but whenever I click the update button, I get the error below.\tThe only two fields the user is allowed to update is the event and date field.\tCould someone help me.\tThank you in advance.I get the following error when I run the program.Procedure 'update_tblevent' expects parameter '@event_3', which was not supplied. Source Error: Line 164: connEvent.Open()Line 165: myCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() Line 166: connEvent.Close()Line 167: masterDataGrid.EditItemIndex = -1My codeDim eventid As IntegerDim username As StringDim strevent As StringDim _event As TextBox = DirectCast(e.Item.FindControl("Textbox2"), TextBox)Dim strdate As StringDim _date As TextBox = DirectCast(e.Item.FindControl("Textbox1"), TextBox)Dim myCommand As New SqlCommand("update_tblevent", connEvent)myCommand.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProceduremyCommand.Parameters.Add(New SqlParameter("@event_3", Data.SqlDbType.VarChar, 50))myCommand.Parameters("@event_3").Value = streventmyCommand.Parameters.Add(New SqlParameter("@date_4", Data.SqlDbType.DateTime))myCommand.Parameters("@date_4").Value = strdateconnEvent.Open()myCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()connEvent.Close()masterDataGrid.EditItemIndex = -1BindGrid()
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how to execute a function that returns a boolean

i've been calling my functions in c# using the select function_Name from dual , but i'm in a spot of bother now as i cant do this with the boolean function. The reason i did this is because i could not get the code that is used to execute a stored procedure to work with the functions. The code for that includes an execute section that is included for the procedure part.My issue: Is there a simple way to call a boolean oracle function from c# that takes three parameters and returns either true or false...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Regular Expressions Find Whole word

I am trying to use regular expressions to find colours in a string but red is causing a problem because it is part of other words. My code is:CODERegex RegExp = new Regex("[^a-z](" + colour + ")[^a-z]|(" + colour + ")$",RegexOptions.IgnoreCase);Match MyRegMatch=RegExp.Match(strIn);if(MyRegMatch.Success){Response.Write("Found: "+MyRegMatch + "");}but where strIn = "quartered" it still finds the colour "red" and i don't want it to. How can I stop this happening and only find a match if it's the word red on it's own i love chocolate
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Crystal Reports .net Help displaying large amount of data

I have a Crystal Report .Net which displays data from a DS which is then passed on to the SQL server session.When the number of rows in the Dataset is less (eg. 2000) then the report viewer opens correctly. But when the number of records is large (eg. 26000) then the report wont open.I get the message:SERVER APPLICATION UNAVAILABLE (or) UNABLE TO CONNECT TO SQLSERVER SESSION.Please help. I want to know if there is a limitation on the Report Viewer or some settings I need to change in the web.config fileThank You!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Problem with an ASP 3 page in a .NET install

I have an ASP 3 page that I am trying to use together with some ASP.NET pages.The page does not interact with any of the .NET pages and creates its own db connection. However when i try to run it I get the following error:CODEhttp://localhost/MRM6/ErrorMessage.aspnum=-2147467259&desc=Could%20not%20find%20installable%20ISAM.on the address line. Even if i put right at the top of the ASP pageCODEresponse.write("In here")response.endbefore any of the database connection stuff I still get the same error on the address line. This problem never occurred in ASP 3, can anyone tell me what might be going on
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Simple connection problem

I know this is one of those simple no brainers, but with this one I just can't see where the problem is. It errors out right on the Open statement of the connection, so I know that there is something wrong with the connection. It's one of those that you just go duhh, when someone shows you the obvious error. But for some reason I just can't see it.I got the example for the connection string from connectionstrings.com -- I thought it would be perfect, but there's something wtong with it and I just can't see it.CODEUnspecified error Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Unspecified errorSource Error: cnnstr = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _"Data Source=C:\myfolder\temp\db1.mdb"Line 81: Line 82: \t\t\t\tDim cnn As OleDbConnection = New OleDbConnection(cnnstr)Line 83: \t\t\t\tcnn.Open()
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Dynamic Horizontal DataGrid with Link Buttons for which the Command ev

Hi:I had to display a DataTable horizontally i.e the Columns of datatable had to shown as rows and the rows as columns.\tFor that I read the original Datatable and created another datatable with columns changed to rows and rows to columns.\tprivate void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e){\t// Put user code to initialize the page here\t\t\tsqlConn.Open(); \t\t\tif (IsPostBack == false) \t\t{ \t\tsqlCmd.CommandText = "SELECT\tEmployeeid, FirstName +' '+ LastName As Name, BirthDate, HireDate FROM Employees"; \t\tsqlCmd.Connection = sqlConn; \t\tsqlDA.SelectCommand = sqlCmd; \t\tsqlDA.Fill(sqlDS, "Employees");\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t}\t\tCreateDataTable();}private void CreateDataTable() { DataTable dtTest = new DataTable(); int i, j; string ColName; DataRow drTest; ArrayList al = new ArrayList();//retrieving all column names from the DataTable into an arryalistforeach (System.Data.DataColumn dc in sqlDS.Tables[0].Columns) { \t\tal.Add(dc.ColumnName); }//adding columns to the datatable = DataTable.Rows.count + 1(for col names)for (i = 0; i
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Print Button Inside of IFrame

HI!Does anyone know how to create a button to print a form inside of an IframeI want to create a button that will be clicked inside of an Iframe and only print that portion of the site
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

role-based security and signout

I am using role-based security for my web site. I call FormsAuthenticateion.SignOut() and Session.Abandon() to Logout the web page, but it seems mechanism does not work. When I type in a page name in the browser, I can still got in, without redirect to the default login page.So, am I doing the signout procedure wrongVincent
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

asp:TextBox problem

hi i am using the code as below but it gives me this error:"Server tags cannot contain constructs."what is that forif i want to show the something in asp:textbox ,what i should doThank you
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

.NET Drawbacks

-Please redirect me if I am in the wrong place...I am trying to find any information about the Negatives of using .NET Framework, if there are any\tSuch as: Does it "play well" with other applications\tAre there any known security issues that can be cumbersome to work around... etc... I have quite the list of links explaining the benefits. Any expereinces, ideas, suggestions, links, etc are appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Set file permissions w/ asp.net

Does anyone know how to set file permissions via asp.net\tI have a page that allows me to upload files, but I want to be able to set the permissions on the file after I upload it.\tAny ideas\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

VS.NET keeps reformatting my html! This is driving me nutts!

Good Morning,So I this snipit of code from one of my pages:CODEMy Name Here which does exactly what i want it to do in any text editor.\tand when i first load it up in VS.NET it looks fine.\tHowever, if i make any changes i'll get this error alert (from VS.NET) when i try to compile:Could not format the document due to line 86.\tThe original format has been restored.I click OK on that error message (my only option) and when the page loads it's all messed up.\tWhen I go back to my code, the orginal snippit looks like this:CODERichard W. Pricein addition to this block of code being screwed up, any blocks where i use the style attribute to set the background image gets messed up.any idea what's going on here
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Server Application Unavailable??

,I have Win2k installed on one server with the .NET framework which works just fine.\tHowever, installed on another server, I keep getting a page saying "Server Application Unavailable", along with the following text:The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable.\tPlease hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request. Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.When checking out the application log, this is the Error event that is displayed over a thousand times in a row:Event Type:\t\tErrorEvent Source:\t\tASP.NET 1.1.4322.0Event Category:\t\tNoneEvent ID:\t\t1084Date:\t\t\t\t12/23/2004Time:\t\t\t\t1:40:31 AMUser:\t\t\t\tN/AComputer:\t\tWS44Description:aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the failure is 80004005. This error can be caused when the worker process account has insufficient rights to read the .NET Framework files. Please ensure that the .NET Framework is correctly installed and that the ACLs on the installation directory allow access to the configured account.Well, I checked this event out at www.eventid.net, and it said to install a program if I was running XP, however, I'm not.\tI'm on Win2k Server.\tPlus, it was regarding a .NET framework version that was earilier...I have the most recent version (as far as I'm aware: 1.1.4322.0).Does anyone know what could be / is causing this problem of not displaying the aspx pages, and how I can fix it\t\t\t(I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the .NET framework and IIS a couple times, but that doesn't fix the problem.) \t-Ovatvvon\t\t\t\t\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Implementing a 3 tier architecture

all,What's the standard practice for implementing a 3 tier architecture with asp.net i've tried to seperate my business and data layers, but im struggling with the communication between layers - since I can't pass the business object by ref to the data layer because that causes a circular reference between the libraries.So I tried creating another library of interfaces, so:Project.Business references Project.Business.Interfaces, Project.DataandProject.Data references Project.InterfacesthenProject (presentation) references Project.BusinessThis did the trick to a point, but im now encountering problems with it, for instance take the following method:CODE// Project.Data.GetCustomers(); public static ICustomerCollection GetCustomers(ref ICustomerCollection customers, int storeID) { \t\t// data stuff \t\twhile(reader.Read()) \t\t{ \t\t\t\tICustomer customer = \t\t \t\t\t\tcustomer.CustomerID = (int) reader["CustomerID"]; \t\t\t\t// And so on \t\t\t\tcustomers.Add(customer); } }The problem there is that I cannot initiate a instance of an interface to put into the collection, and I cannot initiate an instance of the real class because I cannot reference Project.Business from Project.Data, argh!The interfaces seemed to be an OK method, until I reached that point.Previously to the nightmare with architectures im currently experiencing, id just have a Customer object, which would encapsulate everything to do with the Customer, including data access. So effectively my business and data layers would be combined. Im thinking of going back to this, although I like the idea of seperation.I notice that alot of people pass DataSet's and SqlDataReaders between layers, I don't like the DataSet method because its messy, and isn't good for passing a single value, and SqlDataReaders hold the connection until closed - which is obviously not the best thing to do. So I was considering passing XML between layers - what with standards and everything I thought this would be good, but i've been advised that this causes a big performance overhead.So what am I to do Can anyone please shed some light on my architecture problems before I go madI look forward to any responses
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Passing an array to a custom dll

,I have created a custom dll that accepts a 2-dimensional string array.\tThe array holds all the product info for an online order form.\tThe dll processes through that array and returns the cheapest freight carrier and the price.The problem is that this array takes about 1-2 seconds to build, but takes a long time for it to be passed to the dll.\tI\ttried sending the array by reference and go the same results.How can I speed up this process
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Problem with OnClick event of Imagebutton

I have a piece of code that puts an Imagebutton into a cell of a dynamically created table:CODEFor Each Obj In myList'Add more icon only if neededDim imgMore As New System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageimgMore.ImageUrl = "images/icon_moreInfo.gif"MoreCell.Controls.Add(imgMore)MoreRow.Cells.Add(MoreCell)Listtable.Rows.Add(MoreRow)NextIf I try to add an OnClick event using imgMore.OnClick = something I get this error:'System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.Protected Overridable Sub OnClick(e As System.Web.UI.ImageClickEventArgs)' is not accessible in this context because it is 'Protected'.Can anyone tell me why this is and how I can work round it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

webmatrix/asp.net error

.I just took a shot at the new webmatrix app to develop some simple data grid pages. I get an error message when i try to run them on my web server. I tried uninstalling the .net frame work and reinstalling with no luck. also, whne it was uninstalled i could see the page with errors but only text on the page which was weird. when i installed it again i could not see anything but the error message. see below. please any thoughts...web pagecode "Just basic text displaying test no datagrid"\t\t' Insert page code here\t\t'\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\ttest \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\terror messageServer Error in '/' Application.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

frame refresh

I have a asp.net page that is split into two frame a top + bottom. When I use the command button I have set up in the top frame I cant get the bottom frame to refresh to reflect the changes made.Can anyone tell me how to do thisCheers Jamie
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Display from datalist

I have a datalist with the following items:\t\ta.\t\tb.\t\tc.I need to be able to pull b in an if statement.\tWhat property can I set to makethat happen\tI have been trying datalistname.items.value but this isn't allowed in a datalistitemcollection.any ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

IIS5.0/ASP.NET/Visual SourceSafe/.NET Framework

all,\t\tHere's my situation.\tI have a win2k server and two winNT workstations.\tI want to use this configuration to develop our first ASP.NET application.\tFrom my research I realized that I need to configure IIS 5.0 on the server to allow it to run our ASP.NET code.\tDo I need to install the .NET Framework on the serverDo I need to install the .NET Framework on the two client machinesI'm also planning on intalling Visual Studio.NET on both clients.\tI need to manage the code (check in/out), so I'm assuming I need Visual Sourcesafe (6.0) installed on the server also.Is there anything else I need to do to get the server/clients talking to each otherAppreciate all your helpNaiDanac
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Checking if a dataset is empty

I use a session variable to store the data filled in three form pages registration. On every page I create a dataset with a table object in it and then I assign the dataset to the session. If the user decides going back to the previous form page I want to refill all the form fields with the data stored in the session, now I am trying to do it thus on the second page: (in the case of user comes from the third page)CODESub Page_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs)\tIf Not IsPostBack Then\t\tDim ds2 As DataSet\t\tds2 = CType(Session("UserData"), DataSet)\t\t\t\tIf Not isNothing(ds2.tables(0).rows(0)) then\t\t\t\t\t\t\tname.Text() = ds2.Tables(0).rows(0).Item("companyName").ToString\t\t\t\t\t\t\tstate.SelectedValue = ds2.Tables(0).rows(0).Item("State").ToString\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tcity.SelectedValue = ds2.Tables(0).rows(0).Item("city").ToString\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t...\t\t\t\tEnd If\tEnd IfEnd SubBut I receive this error just when I come normally from the first page to the second: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.Line 73: state.SelectedValue = ds2.Tables(0).rows(0).Item("State").ToStringI don t understand this error because the subroutine says that only set the values from the session to the form fields if the data exists in the dataset: 'If Not isNothing(ds2.tables(0).rows(0)) then'. And if I come from the first page the dataset of the second page it doesn t exists yet...Somebody knows what is the problemOn the first form page:CODESub userData(Sender As Object, e As EventArgs)\t\tDim ds As New DataSet() \tDim dt As New DataTable() \tdt.columns.add("Mail")\tdt.columns.add("Password") \tdt.columns.add("userType") \tdt.columns.add("zipCode") \tdt.columns.add("companyName")\tdt.columns.add("State")\tdt.columns.add("City")\t...Dim row As DataRow\trow = dt.NewRow()\trow.Item("Mail") = mail.Text\trow.Item("Password") = password.Text\trow.Item("userType") = userType.SelectedItem.Value\trow.Item("zipCode") = zip.Text\t\t\tdt.Rows.Add(row)\tds.tables.add(dt)\tSession("UserData") = ds End SubOn the second form page:CODESub userData(Sender As Object, e As EventArgs)\tDim ds2 As DataSet\tds2 = CType(Session("UserData"), DataSet)\t\tDim row As DataRow\trow = ds2.Tables(0).Rows(0)\trow.Item("companyName") = name.Text\trow.Item("State") = state.SelectedItem.Value\trow.Item("City") = city.SelectedItem.Value\t...\tSession("UserData") = ds2\tresponse.Redirect("Form3_NewUser.aspx")End SubThank you
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

listing a copyright symbol

HiIs there something is .NET\tsimilar to ASP'S chr(numberofasciichar)I'm trying to list the symbol put it puts \A in front of it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Way to loop checkboxlist code for inserting into DB?

I am trying to do two things for a test app:1) Populate a CheckboxList webcontrol by loading a list of subject names (for the DataTextField) and subject codes (for the DataValueField).2) Respond to user selection by inserting their boolean values based on checked vs. unchecked boxes. I have a SQL Server table with a lot of columns of data type bit. of the columns are named after different subject codes (such as HSmath, HSast, etc.)The first step I can do fine - but the second I am have trouble with. How would I write looping code that would insert the status of each checkbox into a field with names after the checkbox's value Meaning, how would I get HSmath's checked status to be inserted into the HSmath field in my table, and then the HSast's checked status to be inserted into the HSast field, and so on.I have included my code thus far (removing unnecessary markup), including my looping code for printing out results on the screen - obviously this is what I'd replace with my database code. Any help is appreciated.Dim strConn as string = ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("ConnString")Sub Page_Load(sender AS Object,E as EventArgs) \tIf Not IsPostBack Then\t\tDim conPubs As SqlConnection\t\tDim cmdSelect As SqlCommand\t\tDim dtrSubjects As SqlDataReader\t\tconPubs = New SqlConnection(strConn)\t\tcmdSelect = New SqlCommand( "Select * From tutors_subjectcodes order by Subject", conPubs )\t\tconPubs.Open()\t\tdtrSubjects = cmdSelect.ExecuteReader()\t\tcheck1.DataSource = dtrSubjects\t\tcheck1.DataTextField = "Subject"\t\tcheck1.DataValueField = "subjectcode"\t\tcheck1.DataBind()\t\tdtrSubjects.Close()\t\tconPubs.Close()\tEnd IfEnd SubSub btnStep2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs)\tDim msg As String\tDim li As ListItem\tmsg = ""\tFor Each li In check1.Items\t\t\tIf li.Selected = True Then\t\t\t\tmsg = msg & " " &\tli.Text & "(" & li.Value & ")"\t\t\tEnd If\tNext\tlblSubjects.Text = "Selected:" & msg & ""End Sub\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Simple ASP.Net Server issue

OK,I have installed the .Net 1.1 framework on the server.\tI have stopped and restarted IIS.\tI have started the ASP.Net State Service.\tThis is all I remember doing the last time I set up .Net on a server, but the server is still not processing any of the scripting, just the basic HTML on my aspx pages.\tWhen I do a "view source" on the aspx page, I get all the actual source code.\tCan someone point me to a good, basic server setup page
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

test for empty querystring

How do I test for an empty querystring in C#\tI'm using if (Request.QueryString("cookie") == null)without any luck
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

sending mail from local Win2K SMTP Server

I want to send email from my PC running Windows 2000.\tIIS with SMTP Virtual Server is running.\tI've read in my ASP.NET book and the Help files about how it works, but it's not really clear, and it's not working.In a nutshell, emails that I want to send to real domains, like you@hotmail.com just end up in the 'queue' folder and never get sent.\tDoes someone know how to send emails outside of the local domain\tDo I need to set a DNS server or something
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to register a library?

Hi all. I am trying to run an SMTP example from the book but I am getting the error message below.The exception raises on line 16 while reference has been made of the MailMessage object has been before successfully
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Debugging problem

I am in the process of writing a web application on my desktop.\tDebugger and everything else runs fine.However, I recently got a lap top and I want to transfer the project to that to continue working.I installed Framework and VS.NET.\tThen I copied the application directory from the desktop to the exact same path on the laptop.now, I can open the project and edit source all I want, but when I go to start interactive debug, it saysError while trying to run project:\tunable to start debugging on the web server.Any Ideas on how to resolve this issue
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Executing a statement only if the query returns a value

I'm using ASP.NET with C#.\tI have a large query returning some rows, and I have no problems except that I have these types of statements that will get executed no matter what:if (Contact["street1"] != "") {strContacts += Contact["street1"];}if (Contact["street2"] != "") {strContacts += "" + Contact["street2"];}Both of these statements get executed even if one or both of the fields are empty.\tI also tried using NULL instead of the empty string indicator ("").\tAnyone else know how to do this\tI know it has to be an easy answer...Kudos in advance to anyone willing to give their time and efforts to lil' ole me...Dust
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

DataGrid Button CSS Assignment

,Quick Question: I want my button column in my datagrid to access the button class in my CSS file. Any thoughts on how to go about that
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Show image from Access DB with ASP.NET

Hi!Lets say I want to display a list of movies from an Access DB. On each movie title I want a link to a Note! I want only to have only ONE imagebox which changes to which movie title I press. I want the image to be in realtime, not a new popup window. I have made it with a popup window, but I cant figure out how to show the image real time with asp.net. Look at this sample link. The movie titles doesnt have any link in this one, but its the way Im thinking.. only this is with classic ASP.http://www16.brinkster.com/tommyfossli/divx/template.aspDoes anyone have any code regarding getting pics from an Access DB and showing the pic regarding which pic/label you are pressing
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Delete in Datagrid not refreshing on page

The problem I am having is that whenever I delete an item from my datagrid the datagrid does not refresh itself. I have the delete linkbutton in the last column which is a template column. The page functions appropriately and deletes the record, but I cannot get it to update the page. I tried placing mydatagrid.databind() within the delete section of the code, but that did not work. Here is what I have: function getconfirm() { if (confirm("WARNING! You are about to delete a project. Are you sure you wish to proceed")) return true; else return false; } 'DataGrid Delete LinkButton Functionality Private Sub ProjDataGrid_ItemDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As DataGridItemEventArgs) Handles ProjDataGrid.ItemDataBound Dim l As LinkButton Dim h As HyperLink If e.Item.ItemType = ListItemType.Item Or e.Item.ItemType = ListItemType.AlternatingItem Then l = CType(e.Item.Cells(2).FindControl("cmdDel"), LinkButton) l.Attributes.Add("onclick", "return getconfirm();") l.ID = "d" & DataBinder.Eval(e.Item.DataItem, "prID") h = CType(e.Item.Cells(2).FindControl("EditLink"), HyperLink) h.NavigateUrl = h.NavigateUrl & "&prID=" & DataBinder.Eval(e.Item.DataItem, "prID") & "&clID=" & DataBinder.Eval(e.Item.DataItem, "clID") End If End Sub 'DataGrid Delete LinkButton Functionality Sub delete_click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Dim link As LinkButton = CType(sender, LinkButton) Dim da As New ReviewDAC.DataAccess() da.DeleteProject(CInt(Right(link.ID, Len(link.ID) - 1))) End Sub Thank you very much for your help!!!!! RSchultzrschultz@fivestardev.com**Access 2000**
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!