Installing .NET Framework SDK error

I tried to install the SDK on NT4 Workstation but kept getting this error

"Error 1335.\tThe cabinet file '_87_cookdoc.msm' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used."

Did anyone run into this error before
Posted On: Wednesday 2nd of January 2013 02:30:09 AM Total Views:  404
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF ASP.NET PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Connect to Sql Server 2005

hi anybody can help me to solve this problem
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 16th November 2012
View Replies!

Web Help

Let's say this is my code(very simple I know): static void Main(string[] args) { Console.WriteLine("!"); } How could I print this on to a web page This post has been edited by Ohaimew: 27 June 2010 - 12:08 PM
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 23rd November 2012
View Replies!

(0 row(s) affected) in Asp,net & SQL Server

The following query is used to select values from 2 tables by unio ans insert that values another table. But this shows (0 row(s) affected) when run in sql server. What is the reason for this QUERY insert into tbl_MuseumUnknowncarImagetable(fld_museumid,fld_imgpath,fld_brand,fld_model, fld_subtitletext,fld_membername,fld_cartype) select lt.* from (select fld_museumid,fld_imgname as fld_imgpath,fld_brand,fld_model,fld_subtitletext,fld_membername,'Unknowncar' as fld_cartype from tbl_tmpmuseumimage where fld_carcheck='U' and fld_year='' and fld_museumid='486' union select fld_museumid,fld_imgname as fld_imgpath,fld_brand,fld_model,'' as fld_subtitletext,fld_membername,'Speccar' as fld_cartype from tbl_tmpmuseumimage where fld_carcheck='U' and fld_year '' and fld_museumid='486') as lt
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 23rd November 2012
View Replies!

Problems after deploying a Silverlight Application using WCF service

again Im hoping to be on the right topic. So here it is: I am publishing a SilverlightApplication that uses a WCF service to read from a database. The application uses Bing Maps to visualize some polygons. The thing is, that after I publish it ONLY on some machines I get the following Error: at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary() at ServiceConnection.MyServiceReference.selectImotsByEkatte_visualCompletedEventArgs.get_Result() at Tracing.Views.DrawContent.client123_selectImotsByEkatte_visualCompleted(Object sender, selectImotsByEkatte_visualCompletedEventArgs e) at ServiceConnection.MyServiceReference.Service1Client.onselectImotsByEkatte_visualCompleted(Object state) Caused by: [Async_ExceptionOccurred] Arguments: Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft....ceptionOccurred at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary() at ServiceConnection.MyServiceReference.selectImotsByEkatte_visualCompletedEventArgs.get_Result() at Tracing.Views.DrawContent.client123_selectImotsByEkatte_visualCompleted(Object sender, selectImotsByEkatte_visualCompletedEventArgs e) at ServiceConnection.MyServiceReference.Service1Client.onselectImotsByEkatte_visualCompleted(Object state) Caused by: [Async_ExceptionOccurred] Arguments: Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft....ceptionOccurred at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary() at ServiceConnection.MyServiceReference.selectImotsByEkatte_visualCompletedEventArgs.get_Result() at Tracing.Views.DrawContent.client123_selectImotsByEkatte_visualCompleted(Object sender, selectImotsByEkatte_visualCompletedEventArgs e) at ServiceConnection.MyServiceReference.Service1Client.onselectImotsByEkatte_visualCompleted(Object state) Caused by: [Async_ExceptionOccurred] Arguments: Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft....ceptionOccurred at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary() at ServiceConnection.MyServiceReference.selectImotsByEkatte_visualCompletedEventArgs.get_Result() at Tracing.Views.DrawContent.client123_selectImotsByEkatte_visualCompleted(Object sender, selectImotsByEkatte_visualCompletedEventArgs e) at ServiceConnection.MyServiceReference.Service1Client.onselectImotsByEkatte_visualCompleted(Object state) The machines I refer to have different OS. Meaning that on some machines with XP it works fine, on others doesnt, on some machines with winodws 7 it works fine but on others doesnt and etc. , so I believe it is not an OS based problem. The interesting thing is that I am confident that some of the methods that the application calls from the service work fine, beacause in the beggining of the application you are asked to log in as a user, and the method that validates the user reads from the database and executes on the service, therefore it calls the service successfuly. So some machines have no problem with the login proccess and then they give this error when pressing a button that calls the method mentioned in the eror. Others give the error when trying to log in. (Of course the error that they give in the login fase is with different error message, but the difference is only in the method mentioned in the message. It is again a Async_ExceptionOccurred Debugging resource strings are unavailable... ) So, in some cases I am confident that there have been previous calls to the service that were successful, yet at a certain point it gives that error. I have absolutely no idea how to deal with that and what might be the problem. In more details how I publish the project. (I am confident that all my connection strings are correct) I build the Service in Release mode ( tried in debug too) then I publish it in Filemode. I run it while it is in release mode and in the client I configure the service refence to be on localhost:(servicePort), I do that because the service and the client are on the same machine, then I build the project again tried in both Debug and Release, and publish it in filemode. I then copy the folders on the servermachine. Through IIS7 I create a new site for the service and in the default document I add on the top Service1.svc . I configure the site to open on the same port that the service was run through the studio that I mentioned above, so the service connection configuration in the client to be at the correct port. After that I create a new site for the Client and in the default document I move my default.aspx file on top. The application pools that I use on both projects are ASP.Net v4 So this is everything I can think of, tell me if there is more information that is needed, I am really hoping that I find a way to fix the problem, because it is a deal breaker. I thank you in advance and apologise if I have made some newbie mistakes or didnt explain everything well enough, Im new in programming.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

ASP.NET Are You Missing An Assembly Reference?

Web Service Page... Using this... little snippet. using System; using System.Collections; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.Configuration; using System.Data; using System.Linq; using System.Web; using System.Web.Extensions; using System.Web.Services; using System.Web.Services.Protocols; using System.Web.Script.Services; using System.Web.UI; using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls; using System.Web.UI.WebControls; using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts; using System.Xml.Linq; using System.Data.SqlClient; using System.Text; using System.IO; /// /// Summary description for AsynchronousSave /// [WebService(Namespace = "http://tempuri.org/")] [WebServiceBinding(ConformsTo = WsiProfiles.BasicProfile1_1)] // To allow this Web Service to be called from script, using ASP.NET AJAX, uncomment the following line. [System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptService] For whatever reason, it won't compile due to the fact that it's telling me that I'm missing an assemble reference. By Default, MS VS 2008 puts this line in there: // To allow this Web Service to be called from script, using ASP.NET AJAX, uncomment the following line. [System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptService] Which is where i'm getting the issue.... It tells me that "ScriptService" doesn't exist... even though, I've even tried to add the reference manually, type in my "using" references, etc. QuoteThe type or namespace name 'ScriptService' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Web.Script.Services' (are you missing an assembly reference)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!

Display Video files in asp page from database

I have tried placing images in asp page by the corressponding names from database. But i dont know how to play video files in asp page We can save it in database using file upload control. But how to retrieve the video files please give some idea.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

editable datagrid?

Im looking to implement a datagrid where users can edit the data through the datagrid and update that way. I've been looking at http://www.eggheadca...es/20060513.asp but is there any other way, or is there a better tutorial I could follow Maybe someone here has developed something similar
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Send HTML email using URL as source

I want to be able to send an HTML email from with my ASP.NET code using System.Web.Mail where a URL is specified for the email content. Anyone know how
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

FindControl problem

asp.net 2HiCould anyone suggest why ths bit of code would cause 'Oject referenece not set to instance of an object' messageThere is most definitely a label with ID 'lblSlot1' on the page.\tThe page is a content of a master page if thats significant, but not I'm trying to reference controls on one from the other or anything like that.myString = "lblSlot1"; Label myLabel = ((Label)(Page.FindControl(myString)));myLabel.Text = "test text"
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th December 2012
View Replies!

For each for a repeater?

How do you do a "for each" loop for a repeater
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Is it possible to cause postback in a usercontrol from another one?

I have a page with two user controls on it.One of them displays information dependant on the session state. The other receives information and alters the session in button click events. The second control then posts back as expected.My problem is that the first control (the one displaying information) only alters after a page refresh or additional postback.I can't control the render or renderChildren methods on the first control from the second due to their protection levels.At the moment I'm having to redirect the browser back to the page I am already on and use the session much as I would have in traditional ASP. I'm sure there must be a way of doing it.Anyone
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Dynamically add data to xls

I have a team of 13 technicians and we use a xls sheet to log our notes. I have a page built to insert them into a sheet on my server but i need the site to be able to look at lets say "a1" cell and see if their is data in it and if their is then move to "a2" and do the same until it finds a empty cell and writes the data to it. I am able to write data to a specific cell but everytime somebody logs something it adds to the same cell
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 2nd January 2013
View Replies!

Put spaces in between characters

, I'm a newbie. I'm trying to read a text file and write out the text I only want written out from the text file. The text all smushed together and I don't know how to put spaces in between them. Does anyone know how My code is below.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

FTP websites

i have created a very simple web site which actully they have nothing special( they could also be a html file also)now i want to publish them on a real website on internet. want to use a FTP tools like CuteFTP( this is what i did before when i had a asp application)i have a uploaded these files||____> English Folder|\t\t\t\t\t|__________>index.aspx|\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tindex.aspx.cs|\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tindex.aspx.resx|__>web.Config\t\tGlobal.asax\t\tGlobal.asax.cs\t\tGlobal.asax.cs.resxbut when i want to see the page i get this errorRuntime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tNotes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.these are my question.1- what pages and direcories should be uploaded 2- is there any mannual for publishing websites by VS and FTP tools
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Trouble connecting to SQL Server

I'm testing an ASP.NET app for the 1st time on the intranet.\tIn the past when running the app locally in my PC it has worked OK.\tWhen I tried it in the intranet I can get it started but when a webform tries to connect to a SQL server I get the following error:[InvalidOperationException: ExecuteReader: Connection property has not been initialized.]c:\inetpub\wwwroot\icr\enternew.aspx.cs:116Here's the code I have:CODEif (!Page.IsPostBack)\t\t\t\t\t\t{\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tfncGetSQLConn();\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tconnSQLServer = new SqlConnection(strConnSQL); \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tconnSQLServer.Open(); \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tstring strSQL = "SELECT Description FROM ICRSBU";\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tSqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand(strSQL, connSQLServer);\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tdr = cmd.ExecuteReader();\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tlstSBU.DataSource = dr;\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tlstSBU.DataBind();\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tconnSQLServer.Close();}public SqlConnection fncGetSQLConn() \t\t\t\t{ \t\t\t\t\t\tif (connSQLServer == null) \t\t\t\t\t\t{ \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\ttry \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t{ \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tconnSQLServer = new SqlConnection(strConnSQL); \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tconnSQLServer.Open(); \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\treturn connSQLServer; \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t} \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tcatch (Exception ex) \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t{ \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tAlertMsg(" Error connecting to ICR database, make sure database is not in use" + ex.ToString()+ "");\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tconnSQLServer = null; \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\treturn connSQLServer; \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t} \t\t\t\t\t\t} \t\t\t\t\t\telse \t\t\t\t\t\t{ \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\treturn connSQLServer; \t\t\t\t\t\t} \t\t\t\t}At the beginning I declare the following as public:CODEpublic string strConnSQL = "Server=ServerName" + \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t";" + "Database=DBName" + ";" + "Integrated Security=SSPI";\t\t\t\tpublic SqlConnection connSQLServer;\t\t\t\tpublic SqlDataReader dr;Not sure why it connects to the SQL server no problem when running the site locally but not when running it via the intranet.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Streamlined Login on .NET Intranet

I'm turning to this wonderful group to see if anyone can shed some light on our frustration. We have a well developed company intranet done in ASP that we would like to convert to ASP.NET. The intranet is used mostly in an 'anonymous' fashion but there are areas where we use authentication. For our ASP site we had a lovely login.asp page that we would just include () wherever we wanted to use a login, and there would be a username/password box right on the page. Content visibility that required the user to be logged in was controlled with a session variable.Try as we might, we can't seem to find a way that .NET handles this in a similar manner. Every example or instruction we find requires a redirection to a separate login page. Does anyone know if .NET will even allow an #include or @REGISTER method for incorporating a login box on any given page Something that allows the use of a centralized login format without having to redirect the user away from their current area of activity to the central login pagePerhaps it's terribly simple or simply impossible, but I would greatly appreciate anything you have to offer on the matter. Thank you!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Cannot seem to move web service

I am trying to consume a php web service. The original service is at:http://67.59.158.253/qboe/addCustomers.phpwsdlWe then moved the service it to another location:http://67.59.158.253/demo/qboe/addCustomers.phpwsdlBoth of these services are working...I added it to my app and called it Customers. For testing purposes please comment out objCustomer.Url.... when you remove it it will work, when you add the line it doesn't work.The error is below:System.InvalidCastException: Cannot assign object of type System.Xml.XmlNode[] to an object of type ArmTech___EMS.Customers.Customers. at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderaddCustomers.Read4_getCustomersResponse() at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.ArrayOfObjectSerializer1.Deserialize(XmlSerializationReader reader) at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how to read DateTime and compare it

,i have in database a colum timeColum,which had Values like 2006-05-19 20:52:00how can i read in a method searchByDate(DayTime mytime) only 2006-05-19 and after that compare it with an another Value to see if the date is the same//i use c sharp:searchByDate(DayTime mytime){\tString="2006-05-03"\tif mytime == thisTime\t...}
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Run Application over network

I've created a simple C# Windows app that connects to a DB and makes a few files on the local machine.\tI would like this app to run over the network seeing as how all of our employees use it and it's better than distributing the app on s pc every time there is a change.I get the app to build correctly but when I place it on the network pc and try to run it from my local pc, I get the standard Windows Error telling me an error has occurred and would I like to send the information to Microsoft.\tI clicked on the details error message, but it's all encrypted with the exception of System.SecurityDoes anyone know how I can get this simple app to run over the network
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Word Docs from Asp.Net

, I'm trying to find a way to extract text from an uploaded word document without having ms word install on the web server.The application is hosted by a web hosting company and they don't want ms word installed on the server (can't blame them)Is there any way to extract text from word docs without utilizing ms word\tNote: I can't install any third party controls.Thank you.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Wildcard and Replace help req

Hi I have a string which contains the html for a table, here is an example row:CODE\t\t\t\t1\t\t\t\t12\t\t\t\t29\t\t\t\t40\t\t\t\t75what I wish to do is replace all the with just simple 's. So my idea is to use the replace function with some kind of pattern match with a wildcard for the number character. The only problem is I cant figure out how to do it. I only need to match the numerical character in the string and not the c as in the example above as all the classes start with c.Any ideas on how to achieve this would be greatly appreciated.Aaron "It's so much easier to suggest solutions when you don't know too much about the problem."Malcolm Forbes (1919 - 1990)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Accessing DataSet

In my Page_Load procedure I check to see if its a postback. If not, I generate a dataset called dataSet1 and I use this to generate a graph. If it is a postback I don't want to generate regenerate the DataSet as i presume that it is still there. However that doesn't seem to be the case. My Page_Load variable is as follows:CODE\t\tPrivate Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load\t\t\t\t' How many months of sales data do we need\t\t\t\tDim numMths As Integer = Request.QueryString("mth")\t\t\t\t' Check to see if this is a postback\t\t\t\tIf Not Page.IsPostBack Then\t\t\t\t\t\t' Fill the dataset with the appropriate sales data\t\t\t\t\t\tIf numMths = 3 Then\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t' Set the sql command to get Sales figures\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tMe.OleDbSelectCommand1.CommandText = "SELECT [Part Master].PRTNUM_01, Query1.OrderQty FROM [Part Master] INNER JOIN (SE" & _\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t"LECT [SO Detail].PRTNUM_28, SUM([SO Detail].CURQTY_28) AS OrderQty FROM [So Mast" & _\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t"er] INNER JOIN [SO Detail] ON [SO Master].ORDNUM_27 = [SO Detail].ORDNUM_28 WHER" & _\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t"E [So Master].ORDDTE_27 >=#" & DateAdd(DateInterval.Month, 0 - numMths, CDate("01-" & MonthName(Month(Date.Now), True) & "-" & Right(Year(Date.Now), 2))) & _\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t"# GROUP BY [SO Detail].PRTNUM_28) AS Query1 " & _\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t"ON [Part Master].PRTNUM_01 = Query1.PRTNUM_28 WHERE [Part Master].COMCDE_01 = 'A" & _\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t"B1' ORDER BY PRTNUM_01"\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t' Fill the dataset with the appropriate sales data\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tOleDbDataAdapter1.Fill(DataSet1, "3 Month Sales")\t\t\t\t\t\tElse\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t' Set the sql command to get Sales figures\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tMe.OleDbSelectCommand1.CommandText = "SELECT [Part Master].PRTNUM_01, Query1.OrderQty FROM [Part Master] INNER JOIN (SE" & _\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t"LECT [SO Detail].PRTNUM_28, SUM([SO Detail].CURQTY_28) AS OrderQty FROM [So Mast" & _\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t"er] INNER JOIN [SO Detail] ON [SO Master].ORDNUM_27 = [SO Detail].ORDNUM_28 WHER" & _\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t"E [So Master].ORDDTE_27 >=#" & DateAdd(DateInterval.Month, 0 - numMths, CDate("01-" & MonthName(Month(Date.Now), True) & "-" & Right(Year(Date.Now), 2))) & _\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t"# GROUP BY [SO Detail].PRTNUM_28) AS Query1 " & _\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t"ON [Part Master].PRTNUM_01 = Query1.PRTNUM_28 WHERE [Part Master].COMCDE_01 = 'A" & _\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t"B1' ORDER BY PRTNUM_01"\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t' Fill the dataset with the appropriate sales data\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tOleDbDataAdapter1.Fill(DataSet1, "12 Month Sales")\t\t\t\t\t\tEnd If\t\t\t\t\t\t' Get customer list\t\t\t\t\t\tGetCustomerList(numMths)\t\t\t\tEnd If\t\t\t\t' Get the data for the chart\t\t\t\tSetChartData()\t\tEnd SubI get an error message on the following line in SetChartData() when I click on the submit button. Code is:CODEDim s1 As New Series(DataSet1.Tables(0).TableName)The error message is "Cannot find table 0"What am I doing wrong. Surely I don't have to regenerate the DataSet on postBack. I'm new at this stuff so I'm sure it 's something simple I'm doing wrong. Mighty
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

.Net framework SP1 breaks code

,We have a .Net web application which I've written an extension for, in C#/ASP.Net. This has worked fine for ages but the live web server has just been upgraded to Service Pack 1 of the .Net framework and now my extension falls over. The development and test servers don't have SP1 and the code still works there.Any idea why this might be I know it's hard to give a specific answer when my question is so vague but I would have thought that the service pack would just fix vulnerabilities, not break code. I just wondered whether I might have done something fundamentally wrong to make my code fall over after a service pack is applied. Do other people have to re-compile everything whenever the server is upgradedThe error that I'm getting is "QueryInterface for interface System.IDisposable failed", but it's not possible to debug where this is actually ocurring because I can't put debugs on our live system and neither the dev nor the test systems give the error.Any ideas gratefully appreciated
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

C# to Vb.Net

,I am trying out a few examples from net on using the user controls. The example that I have is in C#, but I am developing in VB.NET. Can someone help me interpret the following code into VBCODEBody {MARGIN: 0px 0px 0px 0px;}.WebUserControl2 { BORDER: solid 1px; ;}.WebUserControl2 TABLE { Width: 100%; BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 0px;}.WebUSerControl2 .Text {COLOR: Black; Font-Size: x-small; FONT-Family: verdana;
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how to use stack trace to find error

,First, if I post my question in the wrong forum, please let me know.I am maintaining an asp.net application (I am new at asp as well) and ran into a problem that related to htmlcontrols. On the error page in the browser, it gave me the error description and a section of the stack route with some controls and some + number (e.g. control.. + 234) so that you can find out which control is causing the problem.\tCan some one please help me or show me the basic information on how to digest these stack pointer to find which html control is causing the problem.\tI am sorry that I don't have my laptop with me at the moment so I can't dictate the exact error message, but it is about an html control can't not have multiple select when the multiple select property is diabled.Any pointer is certainly appreciated.TIATheseekers is out seeking......
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Parser Error Unrecognized Element

This is probably quite simple and I should know this but I've look everywhere and can't seem to work this.I have an ASP.NET app that is connected to a Access DB (don't ask) which is stored in the same place as the .ASPX and web.config files. (Again, don't ask.)When I run the startup page, it runs fine but when it goes to connect to the DB using the VB code...conLogonObj.ConnectionString = ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("OleDBConnection")I know this cos I stepped through the code to this point. I then get a generated Error page entitled ..."Server Error in '/myapp' Application.Configuration Error"with "Parser Error Message: Unrecogized Element".It highlights the code in the web.config...Line 2:\tLine 3:\t\tLine 4:\t\t\tLine 5:\t\t\tLine 6:\t\tand points out line 4 to be the main offender. For the record, I've tried this on both the main web server and on my local copy and the error occurs on both.When the connection string was hardcoded before there wasn't a problem but it had to be taken out for deployment reasons. Anyone know where I'm going wrong
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Datagrid with Edit, Update, Cancel (Update Not working)

I have a datagrid with an Edit, Update, and Cancel command.\tThe Edit and Cancel commands are working. However, when I click the update link nothing happens. I want the updated information to change and update in the sql database.\tCan someone please help meSub masterDataGrid_Update(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As DataGridCommandEventArgs)\t\t\t\t\tDim txtUsername As TextBox = e.Item.Cells(2).Controls(0)\t\tDim txtEvent As TextBox = e.Item.Cells(3).Controls(0)\t\t\t\tDim eventid As Integer = e.Item.Cells(1).Text\t\t\t\tDim EventView As DataView\t\t\t\tDim dtEvent As DataTable\t\t\t\tEventView.RowFilter = "Item='" & eventid & "'"\t\t\t\tIf EventView.Count > 0 Then\t\t\t\t\t\tEventView.Delete(0)\t\t\t\tEnd If\t\t\t\tEventView.RowFilter = ""\t\t\t\tDim dr As DataRow = dtEvent.NewRow()\t\t\t\tdr(0) = username\t\t\t\tdr(1) = eventid\t\t\t\tdr(2) = events\t\t\t\tdtEvent.Rows.Add(dr)\t\t\t\tmasterDataGrid.EditItemIndex = -1\t\t\t\tmasterDataGrid.DataSource = EventView\t\t\t\tmasterDataGrid.DataBind()\t\t\t\tBindGrid()\t\tEnd Sub
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

formatting a datagrid while in edit mode

I have a datagrid that is formatted to fit on the screen but when i click the edit button the datagrid is to long is there a way to stop this or to size it in edit mode
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

occasionally, dg blows up

I have a dg that displays five rows per screen.\tI have 21 records in the dg. Everything works fine until I go to the fifth screen and delete the record there.\tThen I get this error:"Invalid CurrentPageIndex value. It must be >= 0 and < the PageCount." The error happens on the databind. To fix the problem, I added this at the start of onload, BEFORE the databind:If DataGrid1.CurrentPageIndex >= DataGrid1.PageCount Then\t\t\t\t\t\tDataGrid1.CurrentPageIndex = DataGrid1.PageCount - 1End IfAfterwards I could not open the dg.\tWhen I tried to run it I got this error:"Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: value"Now what , I am missing something here....so your saying I need to create a dataset and open the table before doing the delete function...in my above code i donot use a dataset. that would be 2 calls to the table. in order for me to "Fill" the dataset, I would need to select records correct\t why would I do this twice
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Login Failed for user

I'm trying to connect to a database on my local machine, but I keep getting the error: Login failed for user 'DEV6\IUSR_DEV6'.This is the connection string I am using:CODE"Data Source=(local);initial catalog=favorites;Trusted_Connection=yes;Integrated Security=SSPI"I have the following entries in my web.config:CODE\t \tIn the Security Logins, in the sa account under authentication both Windows Authentication and SQL Server Authentication are greyed out there is no way to select either one.When I created the database, I selected both windows and SQL Server Authentication, but I still get the error when I try to login.I can make a successful connection with Access, with UDL, and with the Data Sources (ODBC), but no connection string that I try will work with asp.net -- it seems to be some config problem with vs.netCan anyone help me out here
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

onsubmit and coditional formatting

newbie here so sorry if this seems a bit remedial.anyways, I have an input box that displays data once you push the little submit button, however if you put data in the input box and hit enter it comes up blank, I know this is because the user is not pushing the on submit button but I was wondering if there was a way to execute the querey from either clicking the submit button like it already does, but also if the user just hits enter I want it to submit the data into my querey and execute.question 2.Is there a way to format the datagrid based on the results of my querey Like if I enter something into my input box and the results of the querey match a certain parameter I want it to highlight or possibly change the background color of the grid that results I am able to do this in Crystal Reports so I figured it would be possible in this as well
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

AUTH_USER and LOGON_USER

I have two questions for you:1) What is the difference between auth_user and logon_user They seem to both return my windows id.2) In my web.config file, I have changed authentication from "windows" to "none".\tAfterwards, I could not display auth_user.\tBut I could still display logon_user.\tWhy
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Custom checkbox control

I have already posted a thread regarding my failed efforts to use a CheckBox within a Repeater control.\tSpecifically that I was unable to pick up the Checked event.However, there is another behaviour I require from my checkbox, that being a third display option.\tThe checkboxes are being used to select items within a custom tree-view.\tI would like the checkbox to be checked with a grey background then some, but not all, items below it in the tree are selected.\tOne idea I had for this, which would also get me around my initial problem with catching the event, is to use an ImageButton instead.\tTo make this work I would need the three images that correspond to the three states of checkbox I wish to display.Firstly, does this seem like a reasonable thing to do, or could there be some sort of issue that I am not considering\tPerhaps a better way of achieving what I am trying to achieveSecondly, ccould anybody tell me where I could find the images I require
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to get more toolbar back in crystal report?

I try to design a crystal report in vb.net and found that there missing some toolbar. How to get them back into vb.net
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Passing in a parameter using Request.Querystring

I have a problem trying to pass a parameter into a select statement in a web application. I start with a simple web form which asks for a URN value in a textbox and when a number is entered the user must click the button.\tOnce the button is clicked the page redirects like so: Response.Redirect("PoliceReportPPS1.aspxURN=" + txtCaseURN.Text);On the PoliceReportPPS1 form there is a webviewer which displays the report Test.rpx.\tThe code at the bottom of the page shows how I connect to the datasource and make a command in the report.\tI would like to be able to set the value of the variable txtIPCURN to something like this: int txtIPCURN =\tRequest.QueryString ["URN"];as oppose to setting its value.\tThis is very important for me as the where part of the query needs to work correctly.\tHowever it won't let me do this.\tI get the following error: -The type or namespace name 'Request' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference) Can anyone help me work out a way round this problem.\tAny help would be much appreciated. Thank you.------------------CODE TO TO CONNECT TO DB AND CREATE A COMMAND--------------------private void Test_ReportStart(object sender, System.EventArgs eArgs) { int txtIPCURN = 45100; //Create a Connection SqlConnection conSQL = new SqlConnection(ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["DBConnectionString"]); //Create a Command SqlCommand cmdPPS11 = new SqlCommand ("select Incident.Type, IPC.DefendantType, Recommendation.Notes, Offence.StartDate, Offence.EndDate, Offence.ReportedDateTime, IPC.PrimaryOffenceCode, Incident.Location, IPC.PettySessionsDistrict, IPC.EarliestStatuteBarredDate, IPC.InitialRemandApplicationFlag, IPC.PSNIID, IPC.PPSNIID, IPC.PrimaryOffenceCode, IPC.CriminalBenefitGT10KFlag, IPC.LinkedNotes, IPC.ComplaintType, IPC.OPONIRefNumber, IPC.StatementOfFacts, IPC.GeneralDescription, IPC.URN, Ref_IPCFileType.[description], Ref_IPCDefendantType.Description AS [DEFDesc], Ref_RecommendationOverallType.Description as [RECdesc], Ref_PettySessionsDistrict.Description as [PettySession], Ref_OffenceType.Description as [OffenceDesc] FROM IPC LEFT OUTER join Incident on IPC.URN = Incident.IPCURN LEFT OUTER join IncidentOffence on Incident.URN = IncidentOffence.IncidentURN LEFT OUTER join Offence on Offence.URN = IncidentOffence.OffenceURN LEFT OUTER join IPCRecommendation on IPC.URN = IPCRecommendation.IPCURN LEFT OUTER join Recommendation on IPCRecommendation.RecommendationID = Recommendation.ID LEFT OUTER join Ref_IPCFileType on Ref_IPCFileType.code = IPC.FileType LEFT OUTER join Ref_IPCDefendantType on Ref_IPCDefendantType.code= IPC.DefendantType LEFT OUTER join Ref_RecommendationOverallType on Ref_RecommendationOverallType.code = IPC.PSNIOverallRecommendation LEFT OUTER join Ref_PettySessionsDistrict on Ref_PettySessionsDistrict.Code = IPC.PettySessionsDistrict LEFT OUTER join Ref_OffenceType on Ref_OffenceType.Code = IPC.PrimaryOffenceCode WHERE IPC.URN =" + txtIPCURN, conSQL); // if (conSQL.State == ConnectionState.Closed) // { conSQL.Open(); // } //Create a datareader //SqlDataReader dr; dr = cmdPPS11.ExecuteReader(); }
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Datagrid Row Row/cell selection

I have a data grid that is displaying the results of a query to a database.\tIt has 4 columns (say appID, FAQID, FAQ, Source).I have created the FAQ column as a TemplateColumn and set it as a LinkButton as I want a new page of the application to load when a user clicks on the FAQ.The new page is to display to complete solution to the FAQ.\tIs there any way that I can retrieve the value from the FAQID column that relates to the clicked FAQ so that I can pass this to the new usercontrol
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

An object reference is required for the nonstatic field, method, or pr

I have been getting the following error fro an event in an rpx.cs file.\tThe error is as follows: An object reference is required for the nonstatic field, method, or property 'DataDynamics.ActiveReports.ActiveReport.Sections'Can someone point me in the right direction in terms of where I am going wrong.private void Detail_Format(object sender, System.EventArgs eArgs){if(((CheckBox)Test.Sections["Detail"].Controls["chcomplaint"]).DataField == "1") { ((CheckBox)Test.Sections["Detail"].Controls["chcomplaint"]).Checked = true; } else { ((CheckBox)Test.Sections["Detail"].Controls["chcomplaint"]).Checked = false; } \t\t}
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Selected background color in DataGrid

I want to have the background color in a row in a DataGrid change color when it is selected. How do I do that
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how to deal with "Nothing"

Hi all!\tI get some strings into variables like:Dim value as string=request.params("some_value")I use these strings as Input parameters for a stored procedure wich is doing data insertion into a MS SQL server table.Here is the problem: I get some variables whose values are "Nothing" (as debugger windows showed me..). After running the project there is an error:"System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Procedure 'InsertValues' expects parameter '@my_param, which was not supplied."What I can do in this case
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Install framework or SDK? What is different?

In order to run ASP.NET in live wev server, what should install Framework or SDK What is the different
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Confused with looping

I am getting very confused withn looping in asp.net, I wish I could go back to rs.eof as in classic asp.OK i have two datasets, one dataset (lets call this dsParent) and another called dsChild.\tBasically I would like to check if the dsChild has a parent relationship if it does not then I would like to add a row.\tSO i do the followingFor each dsParentRow in dsParentTable ' Load parent row\tFor each dsChildRow in dsChildTable 'Load child row\t\t\tIf dsParentRow.ID = dsChildRow.ID then\t\t\t\tresponse.write("Match found")\t\t\tElse\t\t\t\tresponse.write("Add Row")\t\t\tEnd If\tNextNextHowever im pretty sure that the above is totally wrong as it loops through every records in the child dataset and where they dont match for that row it will add a new row.\tBut that row may exist in the dataset but may not at that psoistion.Basically i need to write a procedure that will take a row from my parent dataset and loop through the child dataset until it ends, if it did not find a match then add a new row.I appologise if I have confussed any one (Im just a bit lost)\tMany
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

AS/400 IBM

We have an IBM AS/400 and I want to connect with this AS/400 through ASP.NET pages to get data out of a table.I can do it with an access database, but I don't know how to do the same with an as/400 database...Can you please help meI seemed to have found something on the internet, that looked something like this:Dim cnAccess As New OleDbConnection("Provider=IBMDA400;Data Source=10.32.2.11; USER ID=USER; Password=PASS;")\t\t\t\tcnAccess.Open()But this didn't work. It gives an error when runiing the application the the open-command.Has anyone got any experience on this I would appreciate any help you can give.Kindest regardsJelle
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

create database

I am currently in the process of wriing an application that the user will go in and create a database and the tables, etc.\tI know how to do this using MS SQl.\tBut how do you do it in the code\tI know how to create tables and everything - just the initial create database
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Virtual Dir / Visual Studio Project folder issue

Running IIS locally on Win2K.I have an ASP(VB).NET solution I'm working on in Visual Studio.NET.\tThe root directory exists in IIS.\tI want to put my javascript files in a separate folder called 'scripts', so that they're called from the aspx pages with 'scripts/coolmenu4.js', for example.\tAnd I also want to put them in a 'scripts' folder in the VS.NET project, to keep them organized.How to I get this to workI don't understand the association between the project folder and the virtual folder, and when I save changes to the scripts, they save in 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\webapp1\scripts...as if that's the real physical path.\tBut it's not.\tThe virtual 'scripts' directory is mapped to the E: drive.\tHow do I straighten this out
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

build error (dependency cannot be found)

When I compile my project my build displays the following message:------ Rebuild started: Project: myproject, Configuration: Debug .NET ------Preparing resources...Updating references...The dependency 'Interop.Microsoft.Office.Core' could not be found.Performing main compilation...Building satellite assemblies...---------------------- Done ----------------------\t\tRebuild : 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skippedSo, in the end it succeeds and i get no further error messages, but I'm wondering what is meant by "the dependency 'interop.microsoft.office.core' could not be found".\tI never got this message before, but after reinstalling windows (XP Pro), i get it everytime.\tAny ideas how i can determine what exactly references this thing
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

RequiredFieldValidator and 2 ImageButtons

Hi Group,I have a form where a user must supply an ID and password.\tBoth controls have RequiredFieldValidator's to ensure both values are provided.The user logs in by clicking an Imagebutton.\tBut I have to add a second Imagebutton.\tIf the user clicks the second Imagebutton, I do not want the form to try and validate.\tIt will be used to redirect to another page.How can I get the second Imagebutton to NOT trigger the RequiredFieldValidator's on the form when clicked
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

ASP.NET Web form design problem

When I run project I can't see web controls that I put on web form in design mode. Web form looks EMPTY. But I can see them in Notepad when in my browser I press "View" then "Source" . Please helpOS\t\tWin2002 proffesionalApp.\tVS.NET\t(vb.net -> web forms)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Unable to return results to DataGrid from Oracle StoredProc

I have a glossary page and am posting back to itself with a querystring value for the specific details I want to read more about a specific term. When I click on the hyperlink to get more details, it reloads itself without the details I am looking for. Can anyone provide any input on the code I have for getting what I need
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How do I give write permission?

Maybe this isn't the right forum to ask this, but since I can't find an IIS forum here goes.I'm debugging my web pages on my localhost server.\tI'm trying to create a file in my virtual directory, but IIS isn't allowing me write access in that directory.\tHow do I give myself permission to write my files
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Help with using "For...Next"

I want to create a set of HyperLinks which call a function, i.e.ABut I want to do this for the entire alphabet. Is there some way I can iterate through the letters using a "For...Next" statement to generate these links
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!