Funky Drop Down LIst Box Bug (Possibly)

, tell me what you make of this code. What its doing is checkign to see if my page is accessed for the first time, or if its a postback. If it is accessed for the first time, fill a drop down listbox. Otherwise, just leave it as is. Problem is: even if it jumps the function call, it STILL re-loads the listbox, but it just ADDS duplicate contents to the end! Any thoughts

Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
\t\t\t\tIf Not IsPostBack Then
\t\t\t\t\t\tFillListBox()
\t\t\t\tEnd If
\t\tEnd Sub
Posted On: Wednesday 2nd of January 2013 02:30:26 AM Total Views:  366
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF ASP.NET PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Domain UserName and Password Authentication

I have a requirement here to build form based authentication via ASP.NET. But oddly the user wants to use their NT username as password for authentication The idea being that the user is prompted for their NT account/ password in a web part, they login and see the web site. The web site is running on Windows 2000 Server. I'd created an ADSI class in VB.NET. The class uses the LogonUser API to authenticate against the active directory Sadly as this only authenticates Win 2000 / XP and NT 4 and not 95 / 98 clients ( even though LogonUser is running on w2k server as a server based process, but w95 , w98 clients must be connecting to the domain differently somehow )Its interesting that if I create an internal intranet site with basic authentication, the Windows 95 / 98 clients can't authenticate... but the user is on the active directory and I can update properties of that user i.e. the employeeID Now I'm fairly new to the logonuser API, NTLM , SSPI, etc... How can I authenticate these older clients remotely i.e. via class running on a web server... Is this actually possible
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

POST data to different server

I have to POST data to different server (and redirect user to this page), dont have any problem with this in ASP:http://www.domain.com/search.asp"; method="post" name="fSearch" id="fSearch">\t\tBUT PLEASE TELL ME HOW CAN I DO THIS IN ASP.NET I can not put form inside form so how I found something like this :Dim sURL As String = " www.domain.com/search.asp " ' url of target page\t\t\t\tDim sQry As String = "qSearch" & txtSearch.text ' querystring\t\t\t\tDim req As System.Net.HttpWebRequest\t\t\t\tDim resp As System.Net.HttpWebResponse\t\t\t\treq = System.Net.HttpWebRequest.Create(sURL)\t\t\t\treq.Method = "POST"\t\t\t\tresp = req.GetResponse\t\t\t\t\t\tresp.Close()\t\t\t\treq.Abort()The problem is that when I press button not to much is happening user is not redirected to www.domain.com/search.asp
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

ASP.net run time error

Hi while i try to run my Default.aspx page runtime error comes like "There is no build provider registered for the extension .aspx" and executing error comes like "No httphandler was found for the type GET" The web.congif is as follows
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to make a text box accept HTML markup

Folks:Is there a way to make a multi-line text box accept HTML markup I would prefer to do this with DHTML or Javascript so I don't have to reload the page
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

xp style control - Drop Down

I'm looking for an Windows XP Style Web Control, like the one you can see attached(The drop down that appears in the Windows Explorer on XP)Do anyone know where can I get some control like this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How do I display hint message in my ASP.NET project?

I want to display hint message when user has move mouse cursor over some web control, such as button or label like a alternate text property of image that display through browser. How do I do
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

asp project readymade for my final yr required urgently

Is there anyone who can send me their asp project \t\t I shall pay
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Formatting a dataList it arrayList issue

In for code following, my dataBind() works fine and outputs the correct data, but character line by line. I am wanting Jon Doe ,not J o n D o e Public Class Names Public Function name() As String Dim fname As String = "Jon" Dim lname As String = "Doe" name = fname + "" + lname Return name End Function End Class ___________________________________________________________________________________________________ Partial Class _Default Inherits System.Web.UI.Page Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load Dim Names = New Names() Dim i As New ArrayList i.Add(Names) rb.DataSource = Names.name rb.DataBind() End Sub End Class I know I'm missing a very fundamental bit of code. I just am not seeing how to index the "name) being passed to a single index in the dataList.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!

Could not load file or assembly

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.Services.Client, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.Can anyone tell me why I get this error in my live environment and not in development\tThe code has been copied exactly from my development environment to live
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to make Gridview Column show as Checkbox

I have a GridView that has four columns from a SQL Server View. The four columns and their data types are...Page ID : IntPage\t\t: StringAdd\t\t: IntRemove\t: IntThe Add and Remove columns are yes/no fields that have 0 or 1. How can I make those two columns show as check boxes on my GridViewI am using VS2005
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Moving files and folders

I've got a directory on ym web server that has files and folders (files within those folders too) in it.\tI'd like a way to go through this "root" folder and move all the files and folders in there to another location.\tAny ideas\tI'm guessing I'd have to use the File.IO but not too sure how.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

rowupdating

I insert a record thru a button click with an\tcmd.ExecuteNonQuery()then I edit the record thru a datagrid.\tEverything works great except I need to get the OldValues of 2 fields and it tells me it's nothing in the rowupdating event Select Case e.NewValues("bag") e.OldValues("bag")any idease.NewValues("bag") does return a value
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

information on: online shopping in asp .net and vb .net

I am thinking about either programming or having programmed an online shopping system that people can order items, but when it calculates all it will send them to PayPal to make payment.\tHow hard would that be to accomplish in ASP .Net with VB .Net code behind\tIt will of course interface with a database that will house all items, prices, etc.\tI am thinking to order all users must register of course and as orders are processed it will create a db entry for each item with a reference or invoice #.\tIf someone orders 10 items on that one order the reference or invoice # of course would be the same.\tEmail will be sent out, but the issue is (I think) before shipping of course since payment would be made via paypal I would have to verify the funds because paypal will not (I don't think) send anything back to the referenced website flaging payment was completed.Does anyone know how much it would cost to have this done or should I just try and tackle it myself..\tI really do not have the time.\tI roughly have 2000 items to post in the datbase.\tan admin module would need to be create to be able to add/modify/delete items in the database as well as run reports on items sold and to who, by date or registered user.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Using CSS styles with Firefox and Netscape

I have added several versions of sections to my web.config file without success.\tWhat can I do to get this simple code to work with Netscape/Firfox/Safari (other browsers). I dont really care too much about most of the style sheet elements other than padding-left, padding-right\t I have spent hours on this any help MASSIVELY appreciated.\t// Note I have tried both and // This stuff works great under IE but not at all under other browsers (Firefox/Netscape)// HTML SnippetCODEThis is a test this is a test this is a test\t\t.CSS SnippetCODE.funkyBox{\t\tborder-right: #000099 thin solid;\t\tpadding-right: 4px;\t\tborder-top: #000099 thin solid;\t\tpadding-left: 4px;\t\tfont-size: x-small;\t\tpadding-bottom: 4px;\t\tborder-left: #000099 thin solid;\t\tpadding-top: 4px;\t\tborder-bottom: #000099 thin solid;\t\tbackground-color: #ccffcc;\t\ttext-align: center;}
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Reload page repeater

Dear /I have a repeater on my page, which loads up a table with elements from a database with a checkbox. There also is a delete button, which deletes all elements that are checked in the database.But they are still showing in the repeater table. Most probably because I'm doing the check if ispostback = false then... in the load_page:Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load\t\t\t\tIf IsPostBack = False Then\t\t\t\t\t\toOracleConn.Open()\t\t\t\t\t\t'Make the select statement to get the groups\t\t\t\t\t\tDim sSelectSQL As String\t\t\t\t\t\tsSelectSQL = "select * from SRC_GROUPS"\t\t\t\t\t\tDim cmdSelect As New OracleCommand(sSelectSQL, oOracleConn)\t\t\t\t\t\tDim daGroup As New OracleDataAdapter(cmdSelect)\t\t\t\t\t\tDim dsGroup As New DataSet\t\t\t\t\t\tdaGroup.Fill(dsGroup, "Groups")\t\t\t\t\t\tGroups.DataSource = dsGroup.Tables("Groups").DefaultView\t\t\t\t\t\tGroups.DataBind()\t\t\t\t\t\toOracleConn.Close()\tEnd IfBut I think I need the ispostback-check, because else it thinks that all checkboxes are not checked, while they are...So my question is: how can I redo the things I do in the page_load, so that the repeater is updated as wellThank you for your kind help.Kind regardsJelle
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

web service debug

I have created two projects within a solution . One project is the web service and the other project is the client which has a .aspx that calls the webservice.asmx in the client project (i.e. .aspx) I have added the web refernces correctlyThe question is how can I step through the code so that the compiler jumps from the client to the webservice and at the same time I can step through the code..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Problem with filling table in DB

I have a problem filling up a table into my SQL Database. I can write in almost every table, accept from one of them.I'll explain the situation. I have a table, I'll call it X, and another one, let's say Y. I can fill up both without any problem, so I guess my connection to the DB can't be very wrong. Now, there is a many-to-many connection between those tables, therefor I made an extra table, called XY. There is the problem, seems like I can't write into that one. I already tried to rename it, without result, I even deleted it and started all over, but still I can't write into that table. As a matter of fact, I can, when I'm in the query analyzer of SQL Server itself. But I can't when I'm trying to connect to it through ASP.NET.Here's the code I'm using :CODE'set up connectionDim myConnection As New SQLConnection()myConnection.ConnectionString = "Data Source=[IP];" & _"Initial Catalog=[Database];" & _"User ID=***;" & _"Password=***"MyConnection.Open()...If btBier.Text = "Nieuw"BierId = ddlBier.SelectedItem.ValueElseDim myCommandBier As New SQLCommand _("insert into Bier VALUES('"& tbNaamBier.Text & "','" & BrouwerId & "') SELECT @@Identity", myConnection)BierId = myCommandBier.ExecuteScalar()End ifDim myCommandKaart As New SQLCommand _("insert into Kaart VALUES('"& tbTekst.Text & "','" & tbVorm.Text & "') SELECT @@Identity", myConnection)KaartId = myCommandKaart.ExecuteScalar()\t\t\t\tDim myCommandKaartBier As New SQLCommand _("insert into kaartbier VALUES('" & KaartId & "','" & BierId & "')", myConnection)Can somebody help me please I can't seem to find the mistake :s
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to implement Windows and Fallback Forms authentication

I would like to implement a web application in the following way:1. If the user comes from within the domain (intranet), he shall be authenticated by windows.2. If the user comes from the internet (anonymous), he shall be authenticated by forms (username and password will be taken from a database table).It seems not possible to use both windows and forms authentication in the root web.config file of an application. I am thinking of creating two identical applications, only different in the authentication mode (one with windows, the other with forms). But this is not really elegant... Does anybody have a clue
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Your Opinions

I have been programming in VB/VBA for many years, and ASP for nearly 3 years. Our company is always behind the curve when it comes to new technology. We do a large amount of internal, intranet web apps (19,000 employees). I recently attended a great class on ASP.Net, and was impressed by the capabilities. However, I have a team member who is critical about all of the server controls being hard on the server resources. I know it is compiled, but I certainly can't speak from experience as to whether he is warranted in his criticism.My instructor said after using both classic ASP and ASP.Net, he would NEVER go back to classic. So my questions are:Should we convert to .Net (I want to push management to do so)Is the cost worth itAre my teammates concerns valid around server resourcesDo the servers need a ton of RamAnything else you can offer as to why it would be worth the change would be great.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Problem with nested repeater

I am trying to implement a nested repeater as described in an article from c# corner: http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/Code/2002/Aug/MasterDetailedDisplay.asp.However, when I run the code I get an error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.this error occurs when the "detail" repeater is trying to databind itself to the relationship created in the onpageload event.\tThe error is raised on the following line:((Repeater) e.Item.FindControl("tblSelections")).DataSource = ((DataRowView) e.Item.DataItem).CreateChildView("myRelation");Has anyone experienced this problem beforeCheersJames.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.Source Error: Line 21:\t\t\t\t\t"Passport" and "None"Line 22:\t\t-->Line 23: \t\t\t\tLine 24: \t\t\t\t\t\tLine 25: \t\t\t\tI'm getting this when trying to run any aspx page on my machine. I have just moved my programs onto this new machine so that could be the problem, how would I go about setting it up to run these files from the inetpub/wwwroot driectory (where they are stored).Cheers,Kev.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 28th November 2012
View Replies!

C# GridView iterate over non displayed rows

I have a standard grid view with 100 items in it.I have the page size set to 25.I need to inspect all items to get a full total of all items in the grid, not just the items on page 1.I already have a foreach that iterates over the row collection, but this only iterates over the first 25.TIA,Lodlaiden I haz all the letters: SME, BA, QA, PM, DEV, DBA, UAT, SE, HD
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th December 2012
View Replies!

OnSelectedIndexChanged not working for me

Hi all, another newbie question, i am using Visual Studio 2005 (ASP.NET 2.0) and C# and i am having a problem using the OnSelectedIndexChanged method and the SelectedIndexChanged method.Basically when i change the the drop down list nothing happpens and it doesnt even go into the DropDownList1_SelectedIndexChanged code (below). Can anyone tell my why this is happening\tMy C# code is as followsCODE \t\t\tprotected void DropDownList1_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, System.EventArgs e)\t\t\t\t{\t\t\t\t\t\tPopulate(1);\t\t\t\t}My ASP code is like thisCODE\t\t\t\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Text Length in Pixels

Can some kind person explain how to calculate a string length in Pixels in an ASP.net page(I know that this must depend on the Font and Font Size etc).I want to size a textbox depending on the contentsThank you and Merry Xmas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Print All Views in MultiView

I have given the user the ability to print the entire content in each of the Views in a Multi-View.\tBut, if the user wants a complete report of all the views in a Multiview, how would I go about doing that\tThank you!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Scrolling control

I'm looking for a scrolling control that I can add to a page like a news section.I don't want a data grid, nor a Data List or a Details View.I want it to scroll like a list box.Is there anything I can build that's like thisI thought about adding text to a panel but didn't know what it would do having a few hundred items.I am pulling from a database that has the fields date, title and text
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Prevent User From Manually Typing Filename Using FileUpload

Does anyone know of a way to prevent a user from manually typing the filename in the textbox portion of the fileupload control\tIs there a way to disable only the textbox portion, but still allow the user to use the browse button
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

combining javascript and asp.net

This is gonna be a long post but I hope you are so kind to read it.I've read a lot of threads and websites about this topic but I don't seem to find a decent solution for my problem. I have a webpage which uses a dropdownlist and some hidden fields to look up and sort data from a database. We'll call this webpage: "DocumentAdministration.aspx". When you select a value from the dropdownlist some results will be displayed. This is how the source code looks like:CODE'codebehindSub Page_Load()\t\t\t\t*fill DropDownList with data from database*\t\t\t'this way the page will already display some results when it is loaded\t\t\tShowDocuments(1)End SubSub DropDownListDepts_SelectedIndexChanged(sender as Object, e as EventArgs)\t\tShowDocuments(dropdownlistdepts.selecteditem.value)End SubPublic Function ShowDocuments (ID as integer)\t\t\t\t*create an sql statement where the data is looked up from the database with the ID*\t\t\t\t*add sort conditions to the sql statement using the hidden fields*\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t*run sql statement*End Function'htmlOn the following code you can see how I use hidden fields to sort the results:CODE'javascriptfunction sortListASC(fieldName){\t\tdocument.DocAdmin.sortField.value = fieldName;\t\tdocument.DocAdmin.sortDirection.value = "ASC";\t\tdocument.DocAdmin.FormsAction.value = "SORT";\t\tdocument.DocAdmin.submit();}function sortListDESC(fieldName){\t\tdocument.DocAdmin.sortField.value = fieldName;\t\tdocument.DocAdmin.sortDirection.value = "DESC";\t\tdocument.DocAdmin.FormsAction.value = "SORT";\t\tdocument.DocAdmin.submit();}function sortList(fieldName){\t\tsortFieldValue = document.DocAdmin.sortField.value;\t\tif(sortFieldValue == fieldName)\t\t{\t\t\t\tsortDirectionValue = document.DocAdmin.sortDirection.value;\t\t\t\tif(sortDirectionValue == "ASC")\t\t\t\t{\t\t\t\t\t\tsortListDESC(fieldName);\t\t\t\t}\t\t\t\telse\t\t\t\t{\t\t\t\t\t\tsortListASC(fieldName);\t\t\t\t}\t\t}\t\telse\t\t{\t\t\t\tsortListASC(fieldName);\t\t}}'html\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t*some other html code*\t\t\t\tUser \t\t\t\tSo I'm using "a hrefs" above the results to change the sort directions. Everything works fine, except for the sorting. The hidden fields are filled with the right information, but when I select a sort direction the page is reloaded but the results aren't displayed anymore, until I select a new value from the DropDownList. Now I think the problem is that the javascript only reloads the "html" part of the webpage and not the "codebehind" part. Or it reloads only the "Page_load()" function of the codebehind but not the "ShowDocument()" function. So I've tried to add "window.location.reload()" into the javascript. Now the entire page (and codebehind!) is reloaded but the hidden fields aren't filled anymore so the sorting doesn't work either. Is there a possibility to call the function "ShowDocuments" with javascript So in my javascript I should have something like "call ShowDocuments(value)". Or am I doing something wrong I hope I didn't explain this too complicated. The main question is simply if it is possible to call an asp.net function with javascript, and if this isn't possible how I can resolve this.Hope someone can help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Install MSDE

Hi Guys,I bought the book: ASP.NET VISUAL C# .NET Step by Step. The book require me to intall MSDE (sql server desktop edition) after intalled Visual Studio .Net.\tWhen I run setup.exe for MSDE, I got a message box saying: A Strong SA password is required for security reason.\tPlease use SAPWD switch to supply the same. .\tI don't understand what is that mean.\tI read the readme, It doesn't Help me much. Could anyone help me with itThank you so much!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

posting?

Im making a weblog using Ms access.I have a textbox that I used to enter the weblog. The problem im having is, I cant send more than a paragraph to ms access. I tried sendding 3 paragraph-something like 15 sentences long. When I opened up the ms access to checkout my input, It only inputted 3 sentences.I set the table to type "memo". What can be wrong Is there a limitation for sending long charactors over the internet if that is the problem, hoow can I wrok around this Thankx in advance.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

FolderBrowserDialog

I am trying to use the FolderBrowserDialog option to allow users to browse for a folder. I can't seem to get it to import System.Windows.Forms which I assume I need - it says: Namespace or type...cannot be found.I am using VB.NET and .NET v1.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Joining tables in Dataset

I need to join tables returned in a dataset.Please do not respond to do the join in SQL - suffice it to say - that aint gonna happen.As a sample - dataset will return 2 tablestable(0)CategoryID intCategoryName vartable(1)ItemID intItemName varCategoryID intI will need to join table0 with table1 on CategoryID. After all is said and done will be displaying Categoryname as top level and ItemName as next level in treeview.Can anyone give me a quick sample / overview of how this could be accomplishedThank you !! PHI was walking home one night and a guy hammering on a roof called me a paranoid little weirdo. In morse code. -Emo Phillips
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Nested tags in Web User Control

Hi I am trying to build a web user control that will create a tabbed interface.In my aspx I would like to have something like thisTab 1tab1.aspxTab 2tab2.aspxTab 3tab3.aspxIn my ascx I will grab the number of tab tags and create the tabbedpage accordingly.Is this possible, if it is how do I implement this How do I grab the elements in the code-behind of my ascx
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Parsign children of user controls

I am having trouble getting the parser to create objects when it parse child nodes with a User Control, I have had no trouble when using a Server Control.I am filling an ArrayList with the child controls - but they are filled with nothing - no objects have been created.I think it has something to do with the way they are declared\tMy output tells me my array has 2 things in it - but they are empty.I have a class in the source dll for the ascx page corresponding to the Upload control called Parameter, which should be created when the Parameter tag is created.If I try using Toolkit:Parameter - then I get an error.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Partially Trusted Callers error - even with FullTrust given!

Background:My team has a web app that is used by dozens of client companies.\tOur latest version includes a .NET assembly used for encryption/transfer.\tOur installation includes an executable that allows the client to enter a server site name and it will add full trust to that site on the client PC.Usually when there is an error it's one of the following:- They don't have enough admin rights to add (not machine level)- Incorrect spelling of site- They added multiple entries for the same siteHowever today I was working with one that has me baffled.\tFrom my workstation - I am able to access the client server and download the assembly without issue, so it doesn't seem to be a server configuration issue.\tI've checked his caspol, the entry looked identical to my own when i successfully connected.\tThe site is listed in his IE Trusted sites as well (even though he's on IE6 and it shouldn't need it to be).\tI've tried the following:-\tHad him reset caspol and add the code group entry for the site-\tHad him remove the site code group entry and add a caspol entry that gives "FullTrust" to the "Trusted" sites IE zone (works with other clients).-\tHad him close out of IE every time we make a change and attempt to re-enter the part of our web app that requires the assembly download.Every time he attempts to access the area where the assembly would download he gets the old "Object doesn't support this property or method" error.\tI have him check his fusion bind errors in IE history and it tells him that the "assembly does not allow partially trusted callers".\tBTW, allowing partially trusted callers is not an option.\tI have hundreds of users as dozens of locations using this same setup - so I don't believe it is a code issue.Are there IE security settings that would prohibit .NET from looking at the caspol settingsHe's having to work around the group policy that runs every few hours to change settings.\tBut doing a "caspol -lg" lists the machine level code entries correctly.I realize it could be some kind of firewall issue at the client location, but we haven't run into that type of thing yet
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

AJAX Toolkit AnmiationExtender Transparancy

Hi allIm having trouble with the ajax control toolkit animation extender.i have it applied to a iframe and a couple of image buttons all of which have transparant backgrounds.\tNow all works great in Firefox and Safari but in IE the controls hooked up to the exteder loose there transparancy\t\tis there a way around thisso if I fade in my Iframe using the extender in IE the background of the iframe is a solid white so i cant see the images behind. But the exact same page in Firefox will fade in the iframe but still show the images behind the iframe.any one got any advice!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Avoid multiple post

which is the way of avoid multiple post en asp.net with c#
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

ASP inside ASP.Net

I have created a web form in ASP.Net using C#.\tThis site needs to use the top menu of another web site on the server but this web site is written in Classic ASP using include files.Is there anyway I can use these same include files, in .asp files, with my asp.net site or do I need to re-write the files
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 2nd January 2013
View Replies!

Duplicate value check upon Datagrid updatecommand

I'm trying to check upon the update command for my datagrid that the user can't insert duplicate values of an Activity ID per Work Id.\tSo, I want to block the user if they try to update an Activity Id to one that already exists in that same Work ID.\tSo, it's a Work ID can have one to many Activity Ids, but we don't want duplicate Activity IDs per Work Id.I can't necessarily put a constraint on the Activity ID via the DBMS, because another Work ID can have the same Activity Id(s) seen in other Work IDs.I'm trying the following code, which works when I try to insert records in the datagrid, but for some reason this UpdateCommand let's it go through:'start check for duplicate P3ActivityID\t\t\t\tDim cmdchkdup As New SqlCommand("usp_SelectCountActIDUpdateDGAct", sCon1)\t\t\t\tcmdchkdup.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure\t\t\t\tcmdchkdup.Parameters.Add(New System.Data.SqlClient.SqlParameter("@WPID", System.Data.SqlDbType.NVarChar, 50))\t\t\t\tcmdchkdup.Parameters.Add(New System.Data.SqlClient.SqlParameter("@P3ActID", System.Data.SqlDbType.NVarChar, 4))\t\t\t\tcmdchkdup.Parameters.Add(New System.Data.SqlClient.SqlParameter("@intPK", System.Data.SqlDbType.Int, 4))\t\t\t\tcmdchkdup.Parameters(0).Value = Server.HtmlEncode(Request.QueryString("WPID"))\t\t\t\tcmdchkdup.Parameters(1).Value = Trim(txtNewActP3ActID.Text)\t\t\t\tcmdchkdup.Parameters(2).Value = e.Item.Cells(7).Text\t\t\t\tsCon1.Open()\t\t\t\tDim intCheckDupActID As Integer = cmdchkdup.ExecuteScalar\t\t\t\tsCon1.Close()\t\t\t\tIf intCheckDupActID >= 1 Then 'This ActivityID already exists for this work package...show alert\t\t\t\t\t\tExit Sub\t\t\t\tEnd If'end check for duplicate P3ActivityIDThe SPROC is:CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[usp_SelectCountActIDUpdateDGAct] @WPID nvarchar(100), @P3ActID nvarchar (100), @intPK intASSelect count(*)\tfrom Activities where WPID = @WPID and ActivityId = @P3ActID and [PKActivityNum]\t @intPKGO--PKActivityNum is the primary key for the Activity Table
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Why can't I use inline code in asp.net?

I have the following code in my page:\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tWhen I try to run it I get the following error:Parser Error Message: Code blocks are not supported in this context.Can anyone tell me why In classic asp, the above code is valid. How do I do the same in .net Obviously I want the credit card year and month to be generated rather than hard coded (month maybe wouldn't be a problem, but years will change!)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Windows Authentication from non-trusted domain request

I'm building a VB.net application which sends an HTTP request to a web form (created in classic ASP) on a remote server. I pass in several form parmeters as if they came from the actual form. The form returns an Excel spreadsheet which I stream into a file. The code works great if the called form is protected via IIS Basic Authentication. However, the form is actually using Windows Authentication in IIS. Hitting the site manually is no problem. I am prompted to enter my name/password, I do, and I go right in. I'm having a real tough time doing this programatically as I am clearly on a different domain than the called server is. I'm assuming this is why I am prompted for name/password when I log in manually to the site. I'm asking this forum because you seem to have the authentication knowledge down.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Sorting gridview.

I have removed my asp:Datasource and am now having problems sorting. The grid is now filled using a sub procedure and populated all corrently, but the gridview built in sort now does not work, the page just says it cannot be displayed. I can sort of see how it may be having problems as it is calling it own properties(), how can i get round this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

I want to kill a cookie.

I have an application that creates a cookie. I need to be able to destroy the cookie as well. Everything I have tried so-far only sets the cookie to expire when the session is over. Does anybody know how to destroy a cookie instrantly Here we go Royals! Here we go!!!!!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Regular Expression to check the length of a textbox.

I have the following regular expression and at present it checks that a field contains only letters and is more than 2 characters in length. I would like to change this slightly to also check that the text entered is 25 characters or less. I'm not very good with regular expressions and was wondering if someone could help me to do this.My expression looks like the following: -ValidationExpression="^[A-Za-z]{2,}$"If i can't do this with a regular expression is there any other way I can do this.Cheers fo any help anyone can give me.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Validation of dropdownlist and checkbox

I am trying to use the following script to see determine whether a dropdownlist has a value in it or to see whether a checkbox has been checked.\tI don't want the user to be able to do both. In other words I don't want a user to check a checkbox and choose an item from a drop-down list box.\tI want them to do one action or the other.Here is my script to try and do this but im not sure if my logic is correct as I get an error no matter what I do. Can someone please help me.function ValidateDropDownOrCheckBox(sender, args){if ( document.WebForm2.DropDownList1.value ||&& document.WebForm2.CheckBox1.checked )\t\t{\t\t\t\targs.IsValid = true;\t\t\t\t\t\t\treturn;\t\t\t}\t\t\telse\t\t\t\t\targs.IsValid = false;}This is how I refer to this script
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

SQL Timeouts

I have a web app that queries several tables in a database and returns back a recordset.Sometimes after uploading new data the query takes longer than 15 seconds, and the query will error with a SQL timeout error. I have tried to set the Conection timeout to a couple of minutes but it still times out in 15 seconds.Has anyone had this problem how can I fix the problem
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Daily automatic email service

I am building a system for which one of the requirements is to write an email notification service.The way that it has to work, is that I need to find records that are more than 21 days old and still have an open action against them. Once I locate these records, I need to send an email to the person who entered the record to inform them that an action is required. This needs to be an automatic service with no user interaction. Ideally, this service will run on a daily basis.Does anyone know how I can do this Pointers, references would be much appreciated
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

SQL Server - Analysis Services

I want to use ASP.NET and Analysis Services to analyze some data and create graphs. Can anyone point me to a tutorial or example web site
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Using Classes in VB

,I have created a class file in C# and I can use it fine in my C# web pages. However, I cannot seem to get them to work in my VB.Net pages. I am compiling the Class file into a DLL and placing it in the bin directory.I am trying to use the class in the following way:Dim Utility() MyUtil = new UtilityI have put the same import staement in both the c# and vb versions.Any one any ideasNeil
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Deleting IIS Virtual Directories (dir.exe?)

,my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) is that if you delete a virtual directory, IIS will still keep the mapping (disallowing you to create a folder with the same name as a previously deleted virtual directory folder). A buddy of mine remembers using a command prompt utility that was used to clear the mapping of the deleted virtual directories.Does anyone know what the name of this program is and where to get it, or another way to clear out the virtual directories for good
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!