fireside reading

I'm working on learning asp.net.

I'd like to use C# although I could settle for vb.net if i have to.

My problem is all the books I find assume the reader already knows vb.net or C#.\tI don't.

I've got asp.net in a nutshell, programming asp.net, essential asp.net with examples in C#.\tessential asp.net is good if you know c# but it doesn't explain the c# code or the syntax.\t

C# books assume i'm going to be writing desktop apps.\tI'm not.

Is there a good asp.net book that also teaches C# or VB.net alongside asp.net

thanks. We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true.
Posted On: Tuesday 1st of January 2013 09:47:12 PM Total Views:  416
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF ASP.NET PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Tree View

hey guyz, is there a tree view available in asp.net thx in advance
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 10th November 2012
View Replies!

.net web controls will not render

I have just completed a web app in VB/ASP.net which works great on my development machine. However when I move it over to the server the pages display without rendering the .net textboxes and dropdowns e.t.c. The machine has the .net framework installed. Any Ideas Its a weird 1.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

{RESOLVED}

when i refresh asp.net page, it always get a message box that contain is like this "the page cannot be refresh without resending information"what should i do in my codingor desain to avoid that message
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

GotFocus/LostFocus in Web Controls

hi Is there any way to fire the GotFocus/Lostfocus(Enter/Leave) events in ASP.Net Web Controls dynamicallyIf so please guide me with samples.Thank u.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 11th November 2012
View Replies!

Disable Submit Button after click

I searched the forum for an answer to this and someone posted the following code:Code: \t The javascript code is: \t\tfunction disable() \t\t{ \t\t\tdocument.myform.mysubmit.disabled = true; \t\t\tdocument.myform.submit; \t\t} The problem is that it works as far as the button being disabled, but it wont submit the page...we are at a loss on how to disable the submit button and have it submit...Jared
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 11th November 2012
View Replies!

DateTime.ParseExact Problem

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong: I have this string: 11/24/2006 03:30 That I am trying to put in the following format: 2006-11-24 03:30 AM I tried using Parse Exact: datetime.parseExact('11-24-2006 03:30','yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm tt*',CultureInfo) That generates the following error: System.FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong. Is the string format wrong
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 12th November 2012
View Replies!

WAN IP ADDRESS

I have an aspx page and would like to display the user's WAN IP.How can I do thisI get the IP address of the router 192.168.1.1Please help me.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 12th November 2012
View Replies!

Invalid object name 'ctd_priority_db' ?

Need help with inserting data to a database Gives an error Invalid object name 'ctd_priority_db' Can some one help protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { //lblresult.Text = TextTwo.Text; SqlConnection myConn = new SqlConnection("server =10.12.24.143; uid = xxxxxx ; pwd = xxxxx; database = ctd_priority_db;"); myConn.Open(); string pname = TextTwo.Text; string sqlquery = ("INSERT INTO [ctd_priority_db] (Name) VALUES (' " + TextTwo.Text + "')"); SqlCommand myCom = new SqlCommand(sqlquery, myConn); myCom.Parameters.AddWithValue("Name ", pname); myCom.ExecuteNonQuery(); I want to insert the value in the textbox (TextTwo) into my data base but on debugging I get an error
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

passing arguments

i tried to pass an id from the catogue to an detail page :so i use this url :detail.aspxid=11and here is my code about SQL of detail.aspx :Dim SQL as String = "SELECT * FROM news WHERE newsID = '" & Request.QueryString("id").ToString() & "'"but when it executes, an err appeared.Here its :"Datatype mismatch in criteria ..."so whats wrong Thnks for yur concern !
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

How to retrieve values seperated from split funciton

Hi all,I have a string str=tasks|001with the help of split i can split them dim strarr as string()strarr=str.split("|")and know I want to capture in this way str1=tasksstr2=001.How to do,I trying using FOREACH dont know how far it will work.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!

TableAdapter method does not return a value. What am i doing wrong

I have a TableAdapter defined that invokes a method 'RequestPasswordReset'. The RequestPasswordReset method returns a value of userid is valid crentials could be authenticated or -1 if not. When i test the fucntionality of the method in the dataset Preview Mode it works fine.but when i try to access the method through the following code, it never return any valuewhat is that i am doing wrong.\t'Check with the User credentials provided and allow the user to add a new password\t\t\t\tDim objRegistrationTableAdapter As New dsRegistrationTableAdapters.objAccountsUserProfilesTableAdapter\t\t\t\tiUserID = objRegistrationTableAdapter.RequestPasswordReset(UserName.Text, cboSecurityQuestion.SelectedValue, SecurityAnswer.Text)\t\t\t\tIf iUserID > 0 Then\t\t\t\t\t\tResponse.Redirect("PasswordReset.aspxUserID=" & iUserID)\t\t\t\tElse\t\t\t\t\t\tlblError.visible = True\t\t\t\tEnd If
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Postback Invalid

Hi ,Hope is well!\tI have a problem displaying the tree view on Pocket Internet Explorer.\tThe tree displays and works fine using desktop browser, and expands nodes perfectly.\tThe first time i load it up on Pocket Internet Explorer it displays fine, but then when i click a node i get the following error.Invalid postback or callback argument. Event validation is enabled using in configuration or in a page.\tFor security purposes, this feature verifies that arguments to postback or callback events originate from the server control that originally rendered them.\tIf the data is valid .... blah blah blah.Now if i change the enableEventValidation property, then the error doesnt occur, but the tree node doesnt expand.Does anyone know how to fix this\tIs it something to do with Pocket Internet ExplorerThe code for my page is below :Can anyone get it to work\tI am using Windows Mobile 5 Emulator through Visual Studio 2005.no title
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

share session data contents between two aplications

There are two apps running on differnet servers, both of them in local intranet.Both use the same model for something, making use of Session["variable"] to store some stuff.What I want is to enable keeping the same session data between two apps, e.g. I browse app1, session variables change and if I go to app2 from app1, session data is taken from app1's session.Is there any way to do that apart from passing the variables in query string in the links between apps, etc I wonder if there's some pre-made framework to achieve that or something..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Row Databound

How do I find out the count of the underlined items.\tFor instance which row and cell.State\tTotPend\t\tPendnFO\t\tPendnDDSMD\t\t\t80\t\t\t256\t\t782Area1\t\t102\t\t\t148\t\t256456\t\t\t22\t\t\t16\t\t\t25\t876\t\t\t15\t\t\t29\t\t\t32\tIs the underline row 3 and cell 1\tI'm starting with 0 as the count for the row and the cells.\tDo I do that with Gridviews
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th December 2012
View Replies!