Deleting IIS Virtual Directories (dir.exe?)

my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) is that if you delete a virtual directory, IIS will still keep the mapping (disallowing you to create a folder with the same name as a previously deleted virtual directory folder). A buddy of mine remembers using a command prompt utility that was used to clear the mapping of the deleted virtual directories.

Does anyone know what the name of this program is and where to get it, or another way to clear out the virtual directories for good
Posted On: Wednesday 2nd of January 2013 02:30:19 AM Total Views:  328
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF ASP.NET PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

How To Get This To Work :p

I've written a small file called edit.asp and everything seems fine except I get the error msg that says: "Error Type: Microsoft VBScript compilation (0x800A0401) Expected end of statement /lan/edit.asp, line 25, column 105" So I've checked the line, and dubble checked and I can find no error. So my conclusion is that while me not beeing too experienced with asp it must be a very small error that just slips passed my eyes.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 16th November 2012
View Replies!

update query that ignores nulls?

hey! I'm writing a form and on submit it will go to an aspx page which will edit the values inserted by a user for every field. for example - UserID = "ABC" Fname = "A" Lname = "B" and so on. my form looks something like this - Edit user information: First name: Last name: Email: Age: when user submits the aspx page will edit the values to the values inserted by the user. now, how do I handle blanks what if the user clicks on submit but only wrote a value for Fname all other values will be updated into blank. how can I avoid this how can I retain the original value
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Create exe file in .net

Hi I want to know how to create exe file in .NET
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

latest web site of definition in asp.net

hi I am sarvaiya nilam and i doing BE IT at LDCE and we have currently doing in sem 6th one web application so we have not and idea what will do so plz u give some latest project defination
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Clickable Link that Maps a Network Drive

We were thinking about creating a page in Sharepoint so a user could click select their department in a drop down list, and then it would automap a drive to their departments network share. Basically we are trying to find a way to query our departments share so that it populates a dropdown list with the share names. Then they click which department they want, hit ok, and it'll map a drive to the appropriate share. Anyone have an tips or experiece with something like this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

asp.nnet

cd
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 23rd November 2012
View Replies!

project

can anyone please give me source sode for the project cargo management system in asp.net along with the database explanation..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 24th November 2012
View Replies!

Online Banking

can you give the source and documentation on online banking made in asp.net and c#
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 24th November 2012
View Replies!

Any body who having sap tutorial please give me ?

Hai VBCity Members,\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tAny boby who having SAP tutorials in PDF,NOTEPAD,etc please Help m
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

How to reset and get password of membership user in asp.net

I am working on membership concepts in asp.net. Now i want to reset new password and getpassword for specific user. this is my web.config code: How can I get old password and reset new password.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

reading keystrokes in asp.net

please help in reading keystrokes using asp.net
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!

How to generate a text file via ASP.NET & make it avail. for download?

I need to generate a simple XML File on the fly via ASP.NET. The user should be able to download that file to his local harddrive.I just need the mechanism how to generate a downloadable file Is that possible Please point me in the right direction or post an VB.NET example. Thank you in advance.Sascha
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Cookie is not saving to the file

I have a cookie that I need to read from the cookie file. When I start the application I write the user privilege to the cookie file. However, the value never seems to show up. After I have excuted the first page I can check the cookie file and the privilege value is not there.Here is how I set the value:If Request.Cookies("Privilege").Value Is Nothing Then\t\tResponse.Cookies("Privilege").Value = uf.userLogon(sIPAddr)End If of the other cookies are working fine. I am not overwriting the value anywhere. Any Ideas as to why this is not working
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

javascript confirmation on delete

This question has been posted many times. But still, with all the material available online I don't understand why I cannot make the code below working. Maybe it's because I'm using datalist instead of a datagrid. Do you see something wrongthanksCODEPrivate Sub Item_Created_mes(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataListItemEventArgs)\t\t' process data rows only (skip the header, footer etc.)\t\tIf e.Item.ItemType = ListItemType.Item OrElse e.Item.ItemType = ListItemType.AlternatingItem Then\t\t\t\t' get a reference to the LinkButton of this row,\t\t\t\t'\tand add the javascript confirmation\t\t\t\tDim lbtdeleteMes As LinkButton = CType(e.Item.FindControl("lbtdelete"), LinkButton)\t\t\t\tlbtdeleteMes.Attributes.Add("onclick", "return confirm('Are you sure you want to delete this record');")\t\t\t\t\t\tEnd IfEnd Sub
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

change ascx menu link color

i have webpages where i use an ascx control page for the menu.\tit is nothing more than a table with x amount of rows with hyperlinks.i would like to be able to change the color of the selected hyperlink, depending upon which one is selected.i can't find out how to have any control over those hyperlinks that are in the ascx page when it is called by whatever page is using it.ty.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Can you TRIGGER the click event of a button or CheckBox in ASP.Net?

Public Sub chkMy_Click(byval sender as System.Object, \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tbyVal\te as System.EventArgs)...End subWorks okay when I am on the form and I click the checkbox.However .. when I am elsewhere on the same form in code, how can I trigger this event since I need to run the code in it. I do not want to cretae a separate procedure and copy the whole code into it and call that instead. Is it possible to trigger the click event in ASP.Net as in Windows
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

ASP.NET web form textarea

Guys,I was creating a simple form and i wanted to put the textarea field in my form...i did not textarea control in toolbox in the web forms category...i found it in the html category...can i mix asp web form controls and html controls on my form...or do i need to create my whole form using html controls...-DNG
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Error viewing crystal reports on website

I have followed the directions from crystal on how to deploy an asp app using crystal reports..everything worked fine in the build setup file. when I try and view the report from the site I get the following error..any help would be appreciatedRuntime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tNotes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

windows XP

forgive me for being dim. I have XP SP2 and have installed VS.NET, .NET framework 1.1 and ASP.NET framework 1.1 and FP extensions 2002, but can't get my machine to run aspx files that are being served out be the webserver on the PC when I browse to them with IE6. Instead it asks if I want to open or save them (and open goes to Visual Studio .NET).Presumably I have missed a step somewhere that maps in IIS 5.1 the ASPX extension to the appropriate program on the PC\tPlease point me in the right direction or to the appropriate docs
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Datagrid validation and aligning controls

I'm using template columns in a datagrid so that a user can edit data when they select "edit".The problem I'm having is when I've added some validation controls.\tNot all the columns have validation controls.\tThe ones that do, have the text boxes align differently in the cells from ones that don't have validation controls.Is there a way to align these textbox controls in a row so that all would align at the top of the rowHere is a sample of the code I'm using in a typical template column:\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

how Do I do this is asp.net using C#?

This html code ask users for their username, password, and has a submit button to send those infos to a particular page. My question is, how can I created something like this in asp.netexample code in html that i would like to simulate in asp.net using c# or vb.net.---------------------------------\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tLogin:\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tPassword:\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tSkin:default\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t---------------------------------------
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Cannot catch exception because its not of class system.exception

,I'm coding ASP.NET with VB and I've been nicely coding away for a few days getting things working and now that they do i thought it prudent to start putting in some error handling.Rather then use the old 'on error goto' approach i thought that 'try..catch' was the way to go. However, even trying something simple as follows, i get error 'Cannot catch exception because its not of class system.exception'trymyvar = mvothervar / someothervarcatch ex as exception when myvar = 0 \tresponse.writeendThe 'ex' is underlined, with the above error. I dont get this message when starting a new project, i really dont want to have to cut and paste all my code to a new project. Anyone any ideas about whats gone wrong
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Updating information

Hi I have retreived data from Active Directory and I can also update data in Active Directory. However, the field which is causing me bother is Properties("memberOf"). I can return an Array for this but I cannot update, I have tried this but to no success.CODEDim User As New System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry(adPath & "/" & adSearchResultPropColl.Item("DistinguishedName").Item(0), adDirectory.Username, adDirectory.Password, DirectoryServices.AuthenticationTypes.Secure)User.Properties("memberOf").Add("CN=Accounts,OU=Distribution Lists,DC=tom,DC=fits,DC=co,DC=uk")The memberOf field is an Array but I think that if I add another item it should work.I get the following errorThe server is unwilling to process the request. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The server is unwilling to process the request
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 2nd January 2013
View Replies!

Redirect into a frame

How do you use response.redirect to redirect the target page into one frame from anotherI am familar to the href target argument, but am having a blockage with redirect.Rob
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Total Problem

Hi ,I am having problems adding totals to my DataGrid.\tI have a datagrid that creates a week matrix so that the days Monday to Friday are displayed.\tThen i use late binding to bind the data to the column:Late Binding:CODEText=''Function:CODE\t\tPublic Function getDayValue(ByVal theDate As DateTime, _\t\t\t\tByVal dayDate As DateTime, _\t\t\t\tByVal timeTaken As Integer) As String\t\t\t\tIf theDate = dayDate.ToShortDateString Then\t\t\t\t\t\tReturn timeTaken\t\t\t\tElse\t\t\t\t\t\tReturn "0"\t\t\t\tEnd If\t\tEnd Functionand in my OnItemBound event i try and total each column.Example:CODE\t\t\t\t\t\tIf e.Item.Cells(5).Text = "" Then\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t_myTotal1 += 0\t\t\t\t\t\tElse\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t_myTotal1 += CDbl(e.Item.Cells(4).Text)\t\t\t\t\t\tEnd Ifbut all the e.Items.Cells(5).Text are returning Null.\tI have no idea what is going wrong is it becuase of my late binding\t any help would be great, i am pulling my hair out.Rob
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Button on click..?

Hi all,I'm new to asp.net and I have a Button in a Webform that is supposed to set a text in a textbox:Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs)\t\t\t\tTextBox1.Text = "This is a test"When I click at the button nothing happends.What can be wrong/Kent J.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Default Value in Textbox

I have a bunch of textboxes that the user is suppose to enter integer values into them.\tHow can I set the default to zero (0)Reason being, I am getting the following error if the user does not enter anything in that box:Input string was not in a correct format. Stack Trace[FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.]\tMicrosoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.DoubleType.Parse(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)\tMicrosoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.DoubleType.Parse(String Value)\tMicrosoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.IntegerType.FromString(String Value)[InvalidCastException: Cast from string "" to type 'Integer' is not valid.]\tMicrosoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.IntegerType.FromString(String Value)\tASP.Metrics_aspx.ImageButton_Click(Object sender, ImageClickEventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\X\Metrics.aspx:126\tSystem.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.OnClick(ImageClickEventArgs e)\tSystem.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)\tSystem.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)\tSystem.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)\tSystem.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!