calendar popup

I can't seem to get my javascript popup calender to work properly.

The calendar I am using is from http://www.softricks.com and written by Kedar R. Bhave

The calendar pops up but when I choose a date I get the following error
'self.opener.document.form1.txtStartDate' is null or not an object
I am calling the popup with this call

Any help or alternate ideas for this problem is appreciated
I am stumped.
Posted On: Wednesday 2nd of January 2013 02:28:59 AM Total Views:  371
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF ASP.NET PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Question in asp.net server

Hi > i made a simple ASP.NET website that contains some Buttons , and make a C# program (server program) that have Socket and listen to a port , so when the web site button is click it sends some data to that listening socket . all that was in my computer (local host) but if i want to upload the web site and the C# program to work to gather in the real server . So how can i turned on the C# program on my server to listening to the calls always \t can i do that or not \t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 16th November 2012
View Replies!

Rich Text - Need Help

I would like to write my own rich text control. I just want to play with the concepts. It would be enough to get me started if someone could send me an IDE sample of how to do bold text. I don't need all the widgets that we have on the forum... in the end I want to have bold colors and maybe lists and links
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 19th November 2012
View Replies!

Get value from hidden column in gridview

hi there... I want to ask, how to get a value from hidden column in gridview I create a gridview with five column and the 4th and 5th column, i set not visible. and then i create procedure to modifie the value in gv. In this procedure, i want to get value from 4th column and store in variabel (lambang). But, it get nothing.... Can you help me tp solve this problem thank you... Protected Sub gv_sisd_RowDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, _ ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewRowEventArgs) Handles gv_sisd.RowDataBound If e.Row.RowType = DataControlRowType.DataRow Then Dim i As Byte = e.Row.Cells(1).Text.Trim.Length() Dim IDwil As String = e.Row.Cells(1).Text Dim lambang As String = e.Row.Cells(3).Text Dim peta As String = e.Row.Cells(4).Text Dim isinya As String = "" e.Row.Cells(0).Text = e.Row.RowIndex.ToString() + 1 If i = 2 Then isinya = "PROVINSI" ElseIf i = 4 Then If e.Row.Cells(2).Text.Trim.Substring(0, 4) = "KOTA" Then isinya = "KOTA" Else isinya = "KABUPATEN" End If End If e.Row.Cells(1).Text = isinya '--------------------------------------- e.Row.Cells(2).Text = "" & e.Row.Cells(2).Text & "" End If End Sub
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 23rd November 2012
View Replies!

Applets and IFrames

I am working on a project for our company's application, which displays various information from our client-side app on a company-wide intranet site (ASP.NET). We have a Java applet running to display graphic charts that read data in dynamically from whatever kind of filter has been set up to display it, and then show the report that generates said graph underneath it. We recently implemented TreeGrids to show the report underneath the chart and this is where my problem lies. If the TreeGrid is at the center of the page, the filter bar from it (it is also a Java 3rd-party application like the charting app) drops down over the grid itself, which is good. But if the grid is towards the bottom of the screen, the menu from the filterbar shoots up - and is hidden behind the chart applet. I don't have the source code for either of these apps, or I would just change that directly. I have read about setting an IFrame up over the applet in order to be able to use z-indexing, but the problem with this is that all the data is generated dynamically - there is no source page to call for the IFrame, as the chart applet is generated at runtime by a function that is called inside the it will go into. In addition, the size of the grid below it is also dynamic and could be any size - throwing any absolute positioning out the window. Does anyone have any ideas about setting an IFrame over a dynamically-called applet in order to keep the applet from always overlaying everything else on the page (or any other method) I was trying this: Response.Write ("" & vbCrLf) 'iframe to block applet Response.Write ("") BuildReportChart(conAdmin, alngCharts(i-1), strWhere, _ lngChartHeight, lngChartWidth) Response.Write ("") Response.Write ("" & vbCrLf) And am just getting a small blank box where the chart applet should be.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 24th November 2012
View Replies!

*** NOT RESOLVER - How to make enter act like a button on a form

Hi all,I have a ASP.NET form that has one textbox and two buttons (Submit / Return to menu) and I would like to add functionality that if ENTER key is pressed inside the textbox the SUBMIT button click event to fire.I have read some stuff and have placed a hidden textbox on the form this actually does fire event for a button but it is the Return to main menu button and i wasnt able to change it in any wayCould anyone help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

Calculate number of working days RESOLVED. code posted

I found the following function on the web which works fine. However, I want to have a table (SQL Server) where I can enter bank holidays etc and have this function check this table before adding the next date. Can anyone suggest how I can do that - or suggest a better method !TIA\t\tFunction CheckHolidays(ByVal Newdate) As Boolean\t\t\t\tCheckHolidays = False\t\t\t\tDim MySQL As String = "spFOIA_GetHolidays"\t\t\t\tDim MyConn As New SqlConnection(strConn)\t\t\t\tDim Cmd As New SqlCommand(MySQL, MyConn)\t\t\t\tDim SqlDataadapter1 As New SqlDataAdapter\t\t\t\tDim DsHols As New DataSet\t\t\t\tCmd.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure\t\t\t\tSqlDataadapter1.SelectCommand = Cmd\t\t\t\tSqlDataadapter1.Fill(DsHols, "tblFOIAHolidays")\t\t\t\t'\t\t\t\tMyConn.Open()\t\t\t\tCmd.ExecuteNonQuery()\t\t\t\tMyConn.Close()\t\t\t\tDim myTable As DataTable = DsHols.Tables(0)\t\t\t\tFor Each drow As DataRow In myTable.Rows\t\t\t\t\t\t'Me.Label2.Text = drow.Item("FOIA_Hol") 'or drow.Item(1), etc.\t\t\t\t\t\tIf CDate(Newdate) = drow.Item("Hol_Date") Then\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tCheckHolidays = True\t\t\t\t\t\tEnd If\t\t\t\tNext\t\tEnd Function\t\tSub DaystoAdd(ByVal SDate As Date, ByVal Days As Integer)\t\t\t\tDim Nodays As Integer = 0\t\t\t\tDim Newdate As Date = SDate\t\t\t\tDo While Nodays < Days\t\t\t\t\t\tNewdate = DateAdd("d", 1, Newdate)\t\t\t\t\t\tIf CheckHolidays(Newdate) = True Then GoTo Tag1\t\t\t\t\t\tIf Weekday(Newdate) = vbSaturday Or Weekday(Newdate) = vbSunday Then\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tGoTo tag1\t\t\t\t\t\tElse : Nodays = Nodays + 1tag1:\t\t\t\t\t\tEnd If\t\t\t\tLoop\t\t\t\tMe.Label3.Text = Newdate\t\tEnd Sub
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

Loosing session in new window

When I open a new window from my ASP.NET form using JavaScript's"window.open", session variables seem not to be available to that newform.Is there a way I can make sure that I can still access the dataThe data in question is too big to be sent in the Request.QueryString,so I really wouldn't know what else to do...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

Getting Started - A newbie questions

!I have never worked with .NET and I am ready to get started with it.\tSome time ago, I found myself on this very spot but dropped it and went back to the program I have used since late '80s (don't ask!).I bought Visual Studio.net Enterprise Architect Version 2003 (very long time ago ...) and wonder if this is any good today.I have a Win 2K3 server where I run apache, php and MySQL.\tI do not want to disrupt this setup so I figure I may need to get a 2nd PC with XP on it where I can run IIS and whatever else .NET seems to need for it to work.I guess that what I am looking for is answers to:a) Is the visual studio v. 2003 I have any good todayb) Do I need to have visual studio to develop .netb1) If not, what are my alternatives\tPros - cons ...c) Can .NET work with Apache in lieu of IISd) Aside from this forum, any other site where good tutorials can be foundThese should get me started.\tThank you all in advance for your assistance
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!

Accessing Form Values

Why does this not work:CODEnewInsert.Parameters["@uname"].Value = uname.Text;I get "The type or namespace name 'uname' could not be found'I am trying to access the value from a submitted form where the id is 'uname'
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Server Tag not well formed error....

I would appreciate it if somsone would please help me identify what the error could be with these tags.... I get the following errorsError\t\t4\t\tValidation (ASP.Net): Attribute 'System.Configuration' is not a valid attribute of element 'Import'.\t\tError\t\t5\t\tThe server block is not well formed.\t\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Application errors when 2 or more people are loading at the same time

I have an application that many people are accessing at various times.\tMy problem is when 2 people are accessing the same portion of the application at the same exact time, one of the people will load the page successfully while the other will get an error such as "cannot find table 0".\tI'm thinking this happens because the other person is using the table in the dataset when the second person is trying to access it.\tAny suggestions on how to prevent this error from occurring
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Could not create output directory

My project has come to a standstill. I can't built it.I recently had a problem where I couldn't load the project in Visual Studio . . and by accident, I used a mapped network drive to re-open it. The only way to fix that was to delete all the files from the project folder and copy a backup back in, then open the project the right way\t. .like: "http://ibmserver/WebStore" (I use XP Home and a machine with Win2000 on it). Now I get these messages:Could not create output directory '\\ibmserver\inetpub\wwwroot\WebStore\bin\'.\tUnable to add folder 'bin' to Web project.\tCannot create folder 'bin'.\tAccess is denied.Then, right after that I get 2 of these:Load of property 'OutputPath' failed.\tThe entered path is not a valid output path.If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Dropdown in datagrid

How do you create a dropdown in a datagridI need a dropdown with months names
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Use c++ dll with asp.net application?

hi,I was wondering. Is it possible to use a C++ dll file, created in MS visual studio 6 with an asp.net applicationIf so, could someone provide an exampleThankx in advance.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Change Button Bottom Border

Anyone know the vb.net verbage that could be used to change a button's bottom border in the on_click eventI want the bottom border to go away or to at least change it's color and cannot get the correct code to do so. PHI was walking home one night and a guy hammering on a roof called me a paranoid little weirdo. In morse code. -Emo Phillips
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How do you reference a control inside a datalist template?

Hopefully this is an easy one!I have a datalist bound to the table "items" which just lists the items.In the footer template of the datalist I have "New Item" then a textbox and then an "add" button. I simply want to take the text from the textbox and insert it into the table "items" thus adding a new item. With the textbox outside on the page (not in the footer template of the datalist) this works fine but when I moved the textbox within the datalist footer it cannot find the control and I have no idea how to set the parameters for the insert because when you go to the datasource insert properties and try to get the value from a control it only lists the datalist's selected value and not any controls that are within the datalist (like my textbox in the footer)I see in the source where the insert parameters are like this:CODE\tI also see in visual studio when I select the textbox it is no longer just TextBox1 it is DataList1.HeaderandFooterTemplates.FooterTemplate.TextBox1But if i set the ControlID to this it gives an error like:Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Could not find control 'DataList1.HeaderandFooterTemplates.FooterTemplate.TextBox1' in ControlParameter 'ItemName'.I know there has to be a way but I am stumped.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th December 2012
View Replies!

CrystalReportViewer Weird Display?

I am trying to display a crystal report within my web form, and the page is not erroring out but I am getting a weird display.\tThe Viewer frame is really wide and really short with scroll bars, it has a cream colored background, and the only content in the frame are the wordsCrystalReportViewer - CrystalReportViewer1here is the code I used:CODE\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tvoid Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)\t\t\t\t{\t\t\t\t\t\tDataBind();\t\t\t\t}\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

MSG: 'Page can not be refreshed with out resending the data'

I have a page with two frames:Frame 1 holds a navigation pageFrame 2 holds a dynamic page with different asp panels.In Frame 1 I have checkboxes that will allow a user to 'hide' some data.\tThe uncheck the box and then I refreash Frame 2 hiding the data (panels) they do not want to see.\tThis was done for printing purposes.\t(Print only what they want).\tThat works great, no problems.\tWell now on Frame 2 I have created two text boxes in one of the panels that holds dates.\tThe user will be allowed to change the dates and press a button.\tWhen they press the button, i have an event that fires to update the panel with new data for the new date range (I have noticed that the whole page gets refreshed, not just the panel).\tThat too works great.\tBut now if I go and uncheck a check box in my navigation frame to hide a panel, I get the message from IE saying CODE"The page can not be refreshed with out resending the information.\t[br]Click retry to send the information again [br],or click Cancel to return to the page that you were trying to view."Now not only do I get this message but the panel that should not be shown, (because I unchecked the box that shows it) it still being shown.So my questions are:Is there a better way to do this\tIs there a way to hide a panel with out having to refresh the page
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Convert a User Control to Server Control

group,I have built a Custom User Control with menu and navigation controls, that I am using on 3 of our corporate Intranet applications, and I have just been tasked to create another app.Problem is I want to use the same user control to keep the look and feel of the website static but everytime I add a new app, I have to go and change the other applications so the navigation stays the sameI'm think that I would create a Server Control out of the user control and then just use it over and over.Can someone point out a reference to convert the user control to server control, if there is one or suggest a way to put the same user control on any page and have it look the same , and if it needs to be changed do it one place and it will change everywhere
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Setting asp.net session data from asp - vbscript

Folks,I have an asp application, to which I am introducing some asp.net pages. The bulk of my app is asp and there is a bunch of session data that my new asp.net pages will need to know. I would like to make a call to an asp.net sub that sets the session data in the .net session everytime I set session data in aspExample:'asp code'set user session datasession("UserID") = oRS("UserID")session("UserLast") = oRS("UserLast")session("UserFirst") = oRS("UserFirst")'Pass these values to asp.netSetSession("UserID",session("UserID"))SetSession("UserLast",session("UserLast"))SetSession("UserFirst",session("UserFirst"))'asp.net codeSub SetSession(ByVal pSessionName as String, ByVal pSessionValue as String)\tSession(pSessionName)=pSessionValueEnd Subthe problem is that I am not sure how/if I can make the call to the asp.net sub from the asp code...SetSession("UserID",session("UserID"))..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label

How do I set the font for a System.Web.UI.WebControls.LabelThe "font" property is read-only.\tThat is just terribly frustrating.\t I want to do is set the font.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 2nd January 2013
View Replies!

Embedded/Nested DataList - problem accessing DropDownList control

Here is my DataList structure, in brief.\t\t\t...\t\t\t\t...\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t...\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tIn the ProjectList_ItemDataBound event I am able to do:Dim TaskList As DataList = DirectCast(e.Item.FindControl("TaskList"), DataList)TaskList.Visible = True...and that works great, however when I try:Dim ddlTaskStatus As DropDownList = DirectCast(e.Item.FindControl("showTaskStatus"), DropDownList)then try to reference that DropDownList, for example:ddlTaskStatus.Visible = FalseI get the error: 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.'I have been beating my head against the wall for days, trying any and all examples from this site and any other google reference to nested/Embedded DataList's I can find - only to get the 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.' error.If anyone can help with a CodeBehind VB example using my code above - I will be VERY grateful.\tAnd you will be put at the top of my Christmas list.Thank You in advance for looking at my problem.Mark
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Calling code behind function from user control

I have a user control and I have a href link on that control. When the link is clicked I need to bring up a pop up. So I added a C# function in code-behind to fire a pop up (there are some complex conditions) and I am trying to call that function from A href tag HTML tag of the user control like this:but it is not working, I am trying to debug but it does not go into the function when I click on the linkAm I doing this wrong
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to setup iis

I just installed vs2003 on my home machine and I would like to be able to create asp.net applications on it.\tI installed IIS but I don't know what to do next.\tWhen I try to create a project it says "Visual Studio has detected that the specified web server is not running asp.net 1.1.\tYou will be unable to run asp.net web applications or services."Can someone help me get started\tI searched some for it and checked out the FAQ section, but didn't see anything.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Container.DataItem error

I am getting the following error The type or namespace name 'Container' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference)I have a repeater like thissp:repeater id="Repeater1" runat="server">\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tI also include this in .aspx page what is missing
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Probably very easy question: Why won't ASP.NET table display?

I've created a .NET Webforms' table, its rows (and added them to the table), its cells (and added them to the rows) - and populated them all with text.But the table doesn't display on my webpage at all...\tThis is completely generated dynamically.\tDo I need something on the designer\tWhy won't it display
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!