ASP.NET Quickstart Tutorial Source code not displaying

Hi
I am working on\tMS Visual Studio Enterprise Architech - English. When I open the link in ASP.NET Quickstart tutorial Samples 'View Source Code' Link in the samples It displays the following message(not showing original code).

Source Viewer Error: cannot show this file

Either the file does not exist, or your configuration settings for the source viewer do not allow files in this directory to be viewed. To edit the configuration settings, see the web.config file at the root of the quickstart directory. Change the setting to point at the root directory of the quickstart. files under this directory will be accessible to the source viewer.

\t
\t\t
\t\t\t
\t\t
\t

Could anyone help me out to resolve this issue!

Karthik Bala
devlnk@hotmail.com
Posted On: Wednesday 2nd of January 2013 02:29:03 AM Total Views:  448
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF ASP.NET PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Sound Recording...

Is there a way to record sound from the user and save it on the server in ASP.Net 2.0 or greater
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 16th November 2012
View Replies!

project in asp.net

i want to make a project called web spying in asp.net with database connectivity as a major project can any one provide me the source code
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 16th November 2012
View Replies!

Connect to database

Having problems connecting to my local ms sql server. http://imageshack.us...4/unledllw.png/ http://imageshack.us.../unled2dcc.png/ I had to type the server name in myself, as its not displayed in the drop down list. Anyone see why I can't connect
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 23rd November 2012
View Replies!

Saving data using xml and javascript ajax or jquery

\t\tDoes anyone has clues, infos, samples, or had done this Save Data using xml and javascript ajax or jquery\t currently, save process is not fast enough. some way saving data to database faster, using wcsf and Linq and VS 2008 (asp.net 3.5)...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 24th November 2012
View Replies!

Calculation Result

Is there a way to calculate values that are in the web.config file. I have a dropdownlist and a radiobutton list.Whatever is selected in the dropdownlist the value from the in the web.config file is then present.Then if a particiular value is selected from the radiobuttonlist.That value is then subtracts -3950 from the orginal value that was in the web.config file. I hope I explained this clearly.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 24th November 2012
View Replies!

Page.RegisterStartupScript Problem

I use Page.RegisterStartupScript to insert some values into listbox1 and when chane the selected item in list1box the items in listbox2 updated with new valuesthese values are coming from the databasein page load event the page connect to the database and get all values and store it in hidden fieldsand the script function parse these hidden fiels and fills the listbox1 and listbox2the problem is Page.RegisterStartupScript call the script before the hidden fields filled with dataso listbox1 and listbox2 will be empty:(
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

How Do You Access The Data Base?

How Do You Access The Data BaseI ask this question because there seems to be many ways in which to interact with the database using .NET. In being fairly new to .net and starting my first major enterprise web app based on .net i am having problems deciding on which is the best or preferred way to access the database. Here are just a few (1 or 2 of these might be the same thing, remember I'm new to .net :) )Enterprise Library for .NET Framework 2.0 - January 2006ASP.NET 2.0 ObjectDataSource ControlDataSet that can be added into the App_Code directoryDragging and dropping an sql datasource onto your pageI have a class called sqlhelper That i believe was downloaded from the net ( i grabbed it from another website someone built for us)So with all these available to use i ask, Which 1 should i useI have been currently using the SQLHelper class that i picked up from another web site as it has all the classes for anything you can think of. It works very nicely but i still wonder how others are accessing the DB and if there is a preferred way. I know that i will not use the drag and drop datasource onto the page as this is sloopy (IMO) and allows you to mix your data access layer with your presentation layer. But what about the other choices One other things is that I'm not a big fan of drag and drop. I do drag and drop textboxs and labels but i also know how to type them. I think its good practice to know the ins and outs of both methods. That being said i do most all of my coding in the code behind. I set my datasouce, edit, update, select in the codebehind by calling a class that calls my sqlhelper class. That's it, i just figured i would ask the community and see what the overall consensus is. I know that your database access is going to depend on the type of application your are developing. For example if i was only building 1 page and i had to get data from the database i would most likely just use the drag and drop datasource. But once you start building a major site, that type of access will no longer work.So let me know what you think.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

The download issue..

Salam,I thought this isssue would have been discussed here, but I couldn't find a lead. i.e. how to force a download for an image in ASP.net.There are various images being displayed on my web page. For every image, I want a link for download and another to view.Thanx
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Detailsview default values

Hi all,In my detailsview control, I need to set some default properties that get's dynamically set. How can I set some of the fields of my detailsview fields when I click on "New" so when the page refreshes to insert the record, I see the values...and then, when I click on insert, other than inserting the record, I want to do some more stuff, do I do that in the "onrowinserting" method
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Theory Related (Not Resolved)

Hi Friends1.Why we use SQLServwe2000 with .net..2.what is the diff B/w Oracle..3.how Asp.net's detect the configuration settings Answer in advance
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Avoide back button action

how to avoide page to not go to back pages
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!

Using object properties in an AccessDataSource parameter

Hi folks,I imagine I'll get the same folks answering me here, but I figured it's best to post separate questions as separate threads, so that people who search might find this helpful.So, quick summary: I have a very simple .net app connected to an Access database. Users visit a site and are presented with a suggestion about a software program they use. They vote on the suggestion using a series of radio buttons. When they vote, their vote is written to the database, and a new suggestion is displayed.When I write the vote data to the database, I include the user's IP address, which I grab using Request.UserHostAddress.I've used an AccessDataSource for this select:CODE\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tI want to use that WHERE clause to exclude suggestions that the current user has already voted on, based on their IP address. As you can see, I've created a parameter for the IP address, and I want that parameter to use the Request.UserHostAddress. But, if I put that in the parameter like this, it doesn't work:CODEIf I hard-code an IP address into the DefaultValue, it works exactly as I'd like it to.So, my question is this: how can I get the IP parameter to use the Request.UserHostAddress, so that the SELECT statement will dynamically exclude certain suggestions based on the IP of the user(FWIW, I'm also aware that this solution isn't particularly graceful. Obviously, a person could vote multiple times from different computers and so forth. But, this application is very low-key and I'm not that concerned about it. A mild deterrent will serve fine!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Error Provider MysqlProv!!!

Hi..I want connect my application web using oledb with mysql database and appear this error:The provider "MySqlProv" is not register on your computer local.How register this provider
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Today's Date into Gridview DataSource

Morning allI'm using the following data source to retrieve some data from a database:CODEI would like to replace the two dates with today's date dynamically, e.g. date() - or at least that's what I tried using - both directly in the SQL statement and as parameters with default values. Neither ways worked though.Any advice is much appreciated!Dan
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

2 or more datagrids on one page

I am trying to post 2 Datagrids on a single page, but the first grid always overruns the second grid, basically, it overlaps the second table so I can not see what it produced.\tI tried changing to FlowLayout, but it made no difference, what else can I do\tI tested the DIV layout, but I did not like the look of it, and I know my users prefer the simple table layouts, one after another
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

ddl.SelectedIndex vs ddl.SelectedValue

ddl.SelectedIndex.ToString ()\t// \tddl.SelectedValue \t\t// id\tusually intddl.SelectedItem.ToString() // actual value stringHi , I am reading about drop down list, and was confused about ddl.SelectedIndex vs ddl.SelectedValue I realize if I want to extract a column id I will use ddl.SelectedValue and if I want to extract a column value I will useddl.SelectedItem.ToString()So, what is ddl.SelectedIndex.ToString () and how I can use it in my code
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Asp:Label Display Error

For some reason when I go to populate the text property of the control I get the folllowing error:code:projectID.Text = "test"error:Name 'projectID' is not declared
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Need Help!! for Loop

I have this informationFREC\t\torden\t\tEstacion\t\tDEMORAS\t\tTIPO1\t\t2\t\tBOG\t\t-5\t\tSOLO-93A2\t\t2\t\tBOG\t\t-1\t\tSOLO-93A3\t\t2\t\tBOG\t\t-2\t\tSOLO-93A1\t\t2\t\tBZE\t\t-3\t\tSOLO-93A2\t\t2\t\tBZE\t\t-2\t\tSOLO-93A3\t\t2\t\tBZE\t\t-1\t\tSOLO-93A1\t\t3\t\tBOG\t\t0\t\t93A +OTRAS2\t\t3\t\tBOG\t\t0\t\t93A +OTRAS3\t\t3\t\tBOG\t\t2\t\t93A +OTRAS1\t\t3\t\tBZE\t\t0\t\t93A +OTRAS2\t\t3\t\tBZE\t\t0\t\t93A +OTRAS3\t\t3\t\tBZE\t\t0\t\t93A +OTRAS1\t\t4\t\tBOG\t\t3\t\tDemora Directa2\t\t4\t\tBOG\t\t1\t\tDemora Directa3\t\t4\t\tBOG\t\t3\t\tDemora Directa1\t\t4\t\tBZE\t\t0\t\tDemora Directa2\t\t4\t\tBZE\t\t0\t\tDemora Directa3\t\t4\t\tBZE\t\t0\t\tDemora DirectaAnd I need to put it like this:tipo\t\tfrec1-2\t\tfrec2-2\t\tfrec3-2\t\tfrec1-3\t\tfrec2-3\t\tfrec3-3SOLO-93A\t\t-5\t\t-1\t\t-2\t\t-3\t\t-2\t\t-193A +OTRAS\t\t0\t\t0\t\t2\t\t0\t\t0\t\t0Demora Directa\t\t3\t\t1\t\t3\t\t0\t\t0\t\t0Can somebody help, I need to do this on ASPX page, for plot this information into a CHART.Any Idea.ThnxsAlexander
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to insert all the values from a listbox into the database?

I want that the user can chose several options from one listbox, and to do this, I have created two listbox, in the first one there are the options to select, and the second one is empty. Then, in order to select the options I want the user have to select one or more options from the first listbox, and then click in a link to pass the options selected to the second listbox. Thus, the valid options selected will be the text and values in the second listbox. I have seen this system in some websites, and I think it is very clear.Well, my question is, Is it possible to insert into the database all the values from a listbox control In my case from the second listbox with all the values passed from the first one If yes, in my database table I have to create one column (field) for every possible selected optionThank you,Cesar
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Install problem

Hi-I just installed VS.NET 2003, and when I tried to open a new .net web\tapp project, i get the following error:VisualStudio.net has detected that the specified web server is not running asp.net version 1.1. You will be unable to run asp.net web applications or services.So I downloaded the .net framework 1.1, installed that, and the same thing happens.\tis there something else i need to do
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Newbie question - SQL Connection

I found this code at MS's web site to make a SQL connection. I haven't established an on-line web site yet and have been working with http://localhost... What do I put in the System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationManager.OpenWebConfiguration(" ") command line in order to get this to work
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th December 2012
View Replies!

DateTime comparison when sent to SqlServer

Ive got a piece of code, that if tested in SqlServer 2005 in debug mode, works. If I write an identical piece of code in my .net application it works. However, I have a problem crossing the domain from c# to SqlServer.The issue is in comparing against dates.If I have a set of records in my databse, each with a DateTime stamp, and I then send a DateTime to comapre against the records in the database it returns no records.Like I said above, if I pull back all records and search, I find them. If I run the Sql Debugger up, and type in a date it finds it.I assume that this is down to how the datetimes are stored in sqlserver. So, what strategies do you use to ensure that dates you write to the server can later be readCheersK
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Versions of ASP

I am new to ASP.NET and have become very confused with versioning between IIS, .NET Framework on a client, .NET Version on the server and version of ASP code. I have the following questions:*How are these things related and what are the impacts of differences in versions*What are the various ways in which you can tell what version of ASP an application is written in, e.g. Classic ASP, ASP.Net, ASP.Net version 1.1 or ASP.Net 2.0*Is the .NET Framework needed just for development or hosting a .NET application or is also needed on the client side to surf content that is written in .NetPlease can someone take the time to explain this,
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

how do i use response.binarywrite or some equivelent in innerhtml

hi,I was using Response.BinaryWrite(myByteArray)to output dynamc content. The content itself appeared OK. but the html was screwed up (first I got the response.binarywrite output then the html - ect.) which caused other major problems such as overwriting my session variables. So my question is, if I'm generating the dynamic content using InnerHtml what is the equivelent that I need for Response.BinaryWrite that will give me the same output
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Framework 1.1 & 2.0 on the same machine (issue)

Couldn't come up with better subject question, but here's the scoop.I develop on local workstation and have framework 1.1/SQL2K/VS2003 installed. Created ASP.Net project\tand all is fine and working.Now, I need to work on another ASP.Net project and it should use framework 2.0.I installed framework 2.0/SQL2005 Express/Web Developer Express, created a project, but when I got an error page, at the bottom it says Framework 1.1.My question is: how do I configure system to use Framework 2.0 from now on and not 1.1
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Execute VB.NET Function from JavaScript Function

I'm trying to build a javascript function which executes an existing vb.net function in the current page.\tI can't find any examples of how to do this, so I'm totally stuck.\tCould someone please give me some advise on how to accomplish thisCODE\twindow.onbeforeunload = BackToHTTP;\tfunction BackToHTTP()\t{\t\tRUN VB.NET FUNCTION HERE\t}Specifically, I'm trying run a function when the user exits the current webpage, using the preexisting javascript onbeforeunload function
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

DropDownList inside DataGrid

I have a DropDownList assigned to a column in a DataGrid, but cannot find a way to bind my collection to it.I used the example from http://aspnet.4fromrolla.com/articles/080702-1.aspxThey do it by putting code on the HTML page and assigning the DataSource to the DropDown.\tI am trying to keep my code in the CodeBehind page.How do I get a reference to the DropDown from the CodeBehind page\tHere is the code for the DropDownList:CODE\t/> The only thing worse than being alone, is wishing you were.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Any advice on creating a template Web Site?

,I am creating a website using Visual Studio .NET.\tIs there any special way to create a templateMy current method is to include a header and a footer file in each html page generated by Visual Studio.\tIs there a better way of creating a template
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Passing data to another Web Site

I need to accomplish the following:I need to receive information from another web site (from another totally server and domain) into my webpage (when it first opens). I understand that I could instruct this other website to pass along the information via a url string. But the information is private and cannot be visible in the URL string. What other options do I have\tMy idea is the following. \tMaybe I could allow the other company to insert a record into my database and they would pass along the key field through the url string. But this would require them to set up a database communication software (Ex: ODBC). I don't know, just thinking of ways to do it. Essentially, I need to store the secret information that they pass along to me, in my database, but it has to be invisible to my website user.Do any of you have any suggestions
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Install MSDE

Hi Guys,I bought the book: ASP.NET VISUAL C# .NET Step by Step. The book require me to intall MSDE (sql server desktop edition) after intalled Visual Studio .Net.\tWhen I run setup.exe for MSDE, I got a message box saying: A Strong SA password is required for security reason.\tPlease use SAPWD switch to supply the same. .\tI don't understand what is that mean.\tI read the readme, It doesn't Help me much. Could anyone help me with itThank you so much!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Application constantly recognizes input as Null

I'm programming a sub that adds a new record to a database.\tOn my form I have an "Add" button with the below click handler.The process is pretty straight forward - I simply populate 3 textboxes ('FlitchNum' being the PK), click this button and the new record should be created.CODE\t\tPrivate Sub btnAdd_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnAdd.Click\t\t\t\tDim log As New LogsDP\t\t\t\tDim logrow As DsLogs.spLogsSelectRow\t\t\t\tlogrow = DsLogs1.spLogsSelect.NewRow\t\t\t\tlogrow.FlitchNum = Me.txtFlitchNum.Text\t\t\t\tlogrow.WhoOrdered = Me.txtWhoOrdered.Text\t\t\t\tlogrow.VendorName = Me.txtVendor.Text\t\t\t\tlog.AddLog(logrow)\t\t\t\tResponse.Redirect("Logs_List.aspx")\t\tEnd SubHowever, when I run this I'm getting the error:Column 'FlitchNum' does not allow nulls.\tThe error is in the dataset.vb file.The error also shows that the following code, which is located in my dataset's .vb file, is causing the problem.Line 425:\t\t\t\tLine 426:\t\t\t\tPublic Overloads Sub AddspLogsSelectRow(ByVal row As spLogsSelectRow)Line 427:\t\t\t\t\t\tMe.Rows.Add(row)Line 428:\t\t\t\tEnd SubLine 429:Using a Breakpoint and a Watch I've verified that the textbox values are being passed correctly.\tThe error occurs after they are passed.Could someone please help me understand why this error is occuring\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Move to the last Record + 1

before inserting a record into a table I am trying to move to the last record and take that number + 1 for the next record inserted. I cant seem how to figure out how to navigate to the last record in a table.do I use a Reader or a Dataset\talso, once I have that number I want to do a Response.Redirect to the next page, but still carry that value to a Textbox on the next page.any help would be appreciate
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

shopping cart and session variables

is it a good idea to use session variables to hold cart details in an asp.net shopping cart applicationif not, why and can u suggest something else
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

ASPNET account

Here is the deal: the password for a built-in ASPNET account was manualy changed(don't ask by whom and for what reason), fortunately - on a test box. Now every web application(we have 3 running) spits out a big red "Server application is not available" message. I'll do my research, but does anybody have a solution
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

VBScript won't run correctly

I am very new to the wonderful programming world of ASP, VBScript and HTML and have stumbled across a fundamental problem.I can't seem to get my ASP page to include and recognise my ADOVBS.inc file. I have asked it to include but it's not recognising such things as "adCmdStoredProc" etc...A bit of my code\t\tAlso it gives me errors on "Server" saying it is not an object, not sure where or how to declare this (if indeed i'm supposed to)Any ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

validating email addresses

I am working with a script that I found in a book I bought called ASP.NET: Tips, Tutorials, and Code. The script I am working with is on page 90 of that book. The purpose of the script is to make sure a email address has a valid domain. I believe I have no spelling errors and I recieve an error. Here is my code followed by the error.Sub btnButton_submit( s As Object, e As EventArgs )Dim strEmail as String, strPattern as StringstrEmail = emailaddress.textstrPattern = "^[\w-_\.]+\@([\w]+\.)+\w+$"If Not Regex.IsMatch(strEmail, strPattern, RegexOptions.IgnoreCase) Then\t\terrortext.text = "Your Email Address is in the wrong format"Else\t\tDim strDomain as String\t\tstrDomain = strEmail.Substring(strEmail.IndexOf("@") + 1)\t\t\t\tDim strIP as String\t\tTry\t\t\t\tstrIP = DNS.Resolve(strDomain).AddressList(0)ToString() ' error is on this line\t\t\t\terrortext.text = "Email Domain is correct"\t\tCatch \t\t\t\terrortext.text = "Email Domain is incorrect"\t\tEnd TryEnd ifEnd SubCompiler Error Message: BC30311: Value of type 'System.Net.IPAddress' cannot be converted to 'String'.Source Error:Line 22: \t\tDim strIP as StringLine 23: \t\tTryLine 24: \t\t\t\tstrIP = DNS.Resolve(strDomain).AddressList(0)ToString()Line 25: \t\t\t\terrortext.text = "Email Domain is correct"Line 26: \t\tCatch
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Accessing a WebService( execute file .exe)

Hi everybody!How should I write a WebService in C# (with Visual Studio.NET), which servers to execute or launch a program or file .exe. And how should I access since ASP.NET WebApplication (in C#) at this WebService.This code doesnt function:[WebMethod()]public void start(){\tSystem.Process.Star("C:\\psc.bat");
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

widen dropdownlist when I click down arrow on control

Hi. I'm using vs2008 and vb.net. I have a dropdownlist on my web page that is 500px wide.\tWhen the user clicks on the dropdown arrow, I want to change the width to auto.\tThere is no onclick event for the asp dropdownlist and I don't know how to capture the click so I can widen the field.Here's my code on my dropdownlist:\t \t\t\t\t\tI've searched all over the web and am hoping that someone can help me out with this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

ASP .net with Mysql

Hi..I want connect my website to database Mysql (using OleDb) but appear this message error:the provider 'MySQLProv' is not register the local machineWatch my code:infcon = "Provider=MySQLProv;Server=localhost;Data Source=mysql;User Id=root;Password=control;";usr = Login1.UserName.ToString().Trim();pwd = Login1.Password.ToString().Trim();sql = "select * from accesos where nombre ='"+usr+"' and clave ='"+pwd+"'";OleDbConnection conectar = new OleDbConnection(infcon);OleDbCommand comando = new OleDbCommand(sql, conectar);conectar.Open()
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 2nd January 2013
View Replies!

Help with looping through controls

I have this SubCODEPrivate Sub SetTextBoxes(ByVal Page As Control)\t\tFor Each c As Control In Page.Controls\t\t\tIf TypeOf c Is TextBox Then\t\t\t\t\tCType(c, TextBox).Text = ""\t\t\t\t\tCType(c, TextBox).Attributes.Add("onblur", "this.value=this.value.toUpperCase();")\t\t\t\tEnd If\t\tNextEnd SubBut it doesnt work. Can anyone tell me why (In the Page_Load I call it: SetTextBoxes(Page))
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

format number

I am new to ASP. I was wonder is there a command to convert the text format number to 2 digit number.Ex: 5258 need to show 52.60Right now id am doing like this:Is there a better and beter way to format the number
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Closing a webform thru code

In my app I'm exporting a datagrid to a excel spreadsheet via HTML.\tIs there a command (in vbscript) that I can use to close the webform
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

do something when jscript change the text...

hi, i have a textbox which is populated by javascript on the client side. but, i want to start a sub on server side when javascript changes the text, like autopostback. this textbox will be hidden so there is no way to control it with keyboard. is there a way to trigger that when text is changed\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Can I place two submit buttons on one page ?

Hi ; I am somehow new to ASP.NET, I have a question can I place two submit buttons to submit email information on one page Which will send emails to recipient.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Active reports for .net help required please

I am using active report for .net to produce reports displaying data from a sql back end db.\tI am trying to enhance the appearance of the reports by adding some rectangular shapes for layout proposes.\tMy problem is that when I run the reports in the browser the shapes do not appear.\tCan anyone help me fix this problem.\tI have attached the report if that helps.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

load different data on form based on windows login

Hi all,Please have a read and let me know your suggestions. I have a vb.net web form that loads up data into various contols on page load. The app is a contact managment app, so an example control on the page would be a drop down list with contact names.Various administrators are responsible for adding/modifying contact details using this web form- however, for security, these users should only modify contacts within a certain country. So, when an administrator in germany loads the page, they should only see contacts from Germany. Because of lack of time, etc, i thought of doing the inefficient method of creating different web forms for different countries, but that is silly and cumbersome: i know there must be a way of using the same web form. Can anyone tell me a way of somehow identifying the user on page access (say, getting them to login with windows authentication) and then, based on their login, calling up the right informationI'm sure this has been done before- if any of you have please let me know, or point me in the direction of some information. Or any other suggestions would be appreciated too
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Printing to Web Server Printer

I'm developing a small web app that takes the users name from a web form and prints it out to a label printer.My problem is that I don't know how to go about printing.\tI do not want to print the web form just the data that the user has entered.\tThe printer is a special label printer but it will be connected from the web server so no client side code needed.I don't know if I should capture the information to a file and then print or ir it can be printed directly.TIAMarc
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Checkboxlist Values - not registering in database

I have a web form with a bunch of fields on their (textfields, dropdown lists, checkboxlists) and I have this Checkboxlist that has the following format:When a user clicks on more than one checkbox (which is what I want), only one entry is entered into the that database field.\tSo let's say user clicks on 2 checkboxes: 'Emailed Me" and "Emailed HR".\tWhen the web form is submitted, only 'Emailed Me' is in the 'Action' field of the database.What am I missingFYI - I also have the following references to this checkboxlist throughout my .aspx page (not in this order of course):sqlCommand.Parameters.Add("@ActionTaken", System.Data.SqlDbType.VarChar).Value = _\t\t\t\t\tActionTakenchklActionTaken.SelectedItem.TextByVal actionTaken As StringHope this helps!! ;)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Is this possible - Child Pages

I am converting an HTML site template to ASP.Net.One of hte pages will have a dropdown list of records, the user selects a record and either clicks on either Edit or New. When this happesm some Javascript fires off and opens a new window with the details.Is it possible in ASP.NET to have the selectBox of records update with the update/addition when the close button is clicked on the poopup pageThis is my first ever ASP.net project, so im a little unsure of a lot of things at the moment.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

exists method for db column results?

I have two stored procedure that get very similar data from two different databases.\tOne of them gets a field called address3, one only goes up to address2.is there a way in vb.net to say something like:if (Exists(row("address3"))) Then\t\t'do something with itend ifreason i ask is because I try to check that field (by doing if row("address3") "") even when my second stored procedure doesn't return it and it tells me it doesn't below to the table specified
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!