asp:Table Control

I am inserting an asp:RadioButton control into an asp:Table control using Visual Studio.NET.\tOn the design tab it seems necessary to insert the asp:RadioButton control onto the page outside of the table and then switch to the HTML tab to move the asp:RadioButton tag into the asp:TableCell tag to place the RadioButton in the table.\tAnyone know of a way to put a RadioButton control into a Table control in design mode

Kyle
Posted On: Wednesday 2nd of January 2013 02:30:33 AM Total Views:  2335
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF ASP.NET PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Random image display query

Guys any ideas where i'm missing the point here still getting my head around this ASP lark I want to bring back the entire product list, check how many records there were and use this as a basis for a random number then filter to that record. Any comments most appreciated,
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 24th November 2012
View Replies!

[RESOLVED]Debugging ASP.Net application using Domain User account

Hi everybody,\tI am using a Domain account to access a local pc where the ASP.Net web application is stored, the problem is when I set a breakpoint at page load event, It does not stops atthe breakpoint, how can I enable debugging usinga Domain User account The Domain accounthas local Administartors rights. Does anyone knows to solve this problem
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

Future of .Net

respected , i want to know about the scope of .net course in future....since i am a computer science engineer in 2nd year so i want to know how much useful wud it be to me when i go in the industry....or should i opt some other course...if u can guide me regarding my problem i wud be very grateful to you....also tell me the alternate for .net.....
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!

Session variable with Class

I am changing an application that includes a public class.I am adding a session variable that will pass between forms and hold any error messages encountered. This works fine except when it accesses the class. Then the session contents are lost.I added a watch and when it enters the class I get the message 'Name session is not decared'. I tried adding 'Inherits System.Web.UI.Page' but I get the error 'Cannot refer to an instance member of a class from within a shared method......'.Any suggestions would be appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Please wait message

I have an urgent problem I am using asp.net and my validation on my form isfunction sendMessage(){\t\tvar theName = document.form1.name.value;\t\tvar theEmail = document.form1.email.value;\t\tvalidMail=theEmail.indexOf('@')\t\tvar theTel = document.form1.tel.value;\t\tvar theComments = document.form1.comments.value;\t\tif(theName==''||theEmail==''||theTel==''||theComments=='') {\t\t\t\talert(' fields for this form are required');\t\t} else if(validMail
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Return values are not received

I'm trying to return three values from an sp; they're returning 0 instead of the values they're s'posed to be turning.\tWhat am I doing wrongCODE\t\t\t\t\t\tSqlConnection pctConn = new SqlConnection(ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["pctConn"].ToString());\t\t\t\t\t\tSqlCommand LoginCmd = new SqlCommand("sp_validateUser",pctConn);\t\t\t\t\t\tLoginCmd.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure;\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tSqlParameter uidParam = new SqlParameter("@uid",SqlDbType.VarChar);\t\t\t\t\t\tSqlParameter pwdParam = new SqlParameter("@pwd",SqlDbType.VarChar);\t\t\t\t\t\tSqlParameter errorParam = new SqlParameter("@error",SqlDbType.Int);\t\t\t\t\t\tSqlParameter adminParam = new SqlParameter("@admin",SqlDbType.Int);\t\t\t\t\t\tSqlParameter userIdParam = new SqlParameter("@uidReturn",SqlDbType.Int);\t\t\t\t\t\tuidParam.Value = UserNameTB.Text;\t\t\t\t\t\tpwdParam.Value = PasswordTB.Text;\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tuidParam.Direction = ParameterDirection.Input;\t\t\t\t\t\tpwdParam.Direction = ParameterDirection.Input;\t\t\t\t\t\terrorParam.Direction = ParameterDirection.ReturnValue;\t\t\t\t\t\tadminParam.Direction = ParameterDirection.ReturnValue;\t\t\t\t\t\tuserIdParam.Direction = ParameterDirection.ReturnValue;\t\t\t\t\t\tLoginCmd.Parameters.Add(uidParam);\t\t\t\t\t\tLoginCmd.Parameters.Add(pwdParam);\t\t\t\t\t\tLoginCmd.Parameters.Add(errorParam);\t\t\t\t\t\tLoginCmd.Parameters.Add(adminParam);\t\t\t\t\t\tLoginCmd.Parameters.Add(userIdParam);\t\t\t\t\t\ttry\t\t\t\t\t\t{\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tpctConn.Open();\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tLoginCmd.ExecuteNonQuery();\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tint LoginResult = int.Parse(LoginCmd.Parameters["@error"].Value.ToString());\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tint AdminResult = int.Parse(LoginCmd.Parameters["@admin"].Value.ToString());\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tint UIDResult = int.Parse(LoginCmd.Parameters["@uidReturn"].Value.ToString())
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Using the variable in the code behind

Hi ,My problem is using the value of a variable from the codebehind page in an html tag.I have got the html code on default.aspx for exampleand there is a variable in default.aspx.vb called THISPAGE.And in the HTML code I want to use this string value in a form tag like this:But when I run the page I got an error message that THISPAGE should be declared although I have declared it in the codebehind page
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Deploying asp.net application to test and production

all.\tWe currently deploy our asp.net application to our test server, then staging server, then production server.\tWhen we first deploy it to our test server, we always have to check out the web.config file and change the Debug parameter to Debug=False, then recompile.Is there an easier way so we don't always have to remember to change the debug parameter all the time\tPerhaps there is an addin that gives us the option to change the setting when we click "copy project"Anyone have any ideasThank you.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

fireside reading

I'm working on learning asp.net.I'd like to use C# although I could settle for vb.net if i have to.My problem is all the books I find assume the reader already knows vb.net or C#.\tI don't.I've got asp.net in a nutshell, programming asp.net, essential asp.net with examples in C#.\tessential asp.net is good if you know c# but it doesn't explain the c# code or the syntax.\tC# books assume i'm going to be writing desktop apps.\tI'm not.Is there a good asp.net book that also teaches C# or VB.net alongside asp.netthanks. We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

vs.net + positioning in firefox > what gives?!

all,So here I am jammin away at the keyboard pluggin all my logic into my HTML page....I bring it up in IE, perfect..I bring it up in Firefox and my form elements, a number of which have the width defined like this style="width:550px" all say width=550 in VS.net..Fine, I change it back..and perfect in firefox, again...Until I rebuild again, and notice it all goes back to width=550 which does me absolutley no GOOD!What gives\tWhat is the workaround for this\tSOrry..im a little steamed.... hail the INTERWEB!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Session hold data table problem

HiI have datatable on a page which\ti put into a session and then use this datatable on subsequent pages.\tHowever when I call this Session I get an error saying "Specified cast is not valid"I use a procedure as below to to apply my session to the datatableIf IsNothing(Session("ProviderTypes")) Then 'check to see that the session is fully if not then populate session\tobjProvType = New ProviderTypes(ctrl)\tobjProvType.load(ds.ProviderType)\tobjProvTypTB = ds.ProviderType\tSession("ProviderTypes") = ds.ProviderTypeEnd IfobjProvTypTB = Session("ProviderTypes") 'line of errorI cant seem to work out what im doing wrong
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Sending Mail Using .NET

Hi ,\tI have scanning thru on topics of sending mails using .NET. I have tried the below code for sending mails .This issue is that mails cannot be sent.\t\t\t\tDim mail As New MailMessage()\t\t\t\tmail.To = "tovalidmail@mail.com"\t\t\t\tmail.From = "fromvalidmail@mail.com"\t\t\t\tmail.BodyFormat = MailFormat.Text\t\t\t\tmail.Subject = "Subject of this Email"\t\t\t\tmail.Body = "Body of this message."\t\t\t\tSmtpMail.SmtpServer = "localhost"\t\t\t\tSmtpMail.Send(mail)\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t-----------------------------\t\t\t\tAlso no error is displayed but mail is nor sent\tQuery 1) This code is run on my home PC Win2k server \twould the above code be able to send mails using the \tlocal SMTP server on my machine Or does it require \ta dedicated Exchange Server setup.\t\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

have visual studio pro where's asp.net?

I have visual studio pro where's asp.net\tThe box says I get c#, c++, and vis basic .net, I want to know where is the asp.net\tHow does one get it and what does it cost if I already have visual studio
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Creating ASP.NET/HTML pages 100% programmatically

Is it a possible create HTML pages 100% programmatically\tParticularly in VS2005, this would mean creating an empty .html file, putting it into a member pages folder, "figuring out" and adding HTML to the file, closing it, and associating it with a code behind file.I'm not sure WHY I would do it, but I would like to know if it's possible to do all these step(and, if it's in fact a "standard practice" in some situations)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 2nd January 2013
View Replies!

How can I find out the current row in datagrid?

Hi ThereI have a datagrid with a textbox control in column 2 which is set to autopostback=true.I have linked the OnTextChanged event to a sub in the vb code but I cannot determine which row the textbox event was triggered from!My sub looks like this :Public Sub tbAddExtension_Text_Changed(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs)\t\t\t\t'get the row number (corresponds to year number)\t\tEnd SubI thought the row index would be sent here as either 'sender' or 'e' but I cannot get the syntax right!Does anyone know how to do this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Change vs.net internal browser???

If possible, how do I change the internal browser to something other than Internet Explorer if I want to preview/debug my pages from the IDE I would like to use FireFox or Netscape for instance.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

News letter Updates

hi Guys, need your help. I am developing a site using asp.net. want to add a page which contains a space for narratives, information, news updates.I am not sure how to do it. I thouhgt of the following:1. use word doc and save as html2. create an aspx page with a panel, then write down all what I need inside the panel3. Other option that I am not familiar with,Your guidance is appreciated.By the way, the information will not change by the user, It will chance once every month, so I guess, I d not need to connect to the database and pull the narratives or what do you think
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Checking if a dataset is empty

I use a session variable to store the data filled in three form pages registration. On every page I create a dataset with a table object in it and then I assign the dataset to the session. If the user decides going back to the previous form page I want to refill all the form fields with the data stored in the session, now I am trying to do it thus on the second page: (in the case of user comes from the third page)CODESub Page_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs)\tIf Not IsPostBack Then\t\tDim ds2 As DataSet\t\tds2 = CType(Session("UserData"), DataSet)\t\t\t\tIf Not isNothing(ds2.tables(0).rows(0)) then\t\t\t\t\t\t\tname.Text() = ds2.Tables(0).rows(0).Item("companyName").ToString\t\t\t\t\t\t\tstate.SelectedValue = ds2.Tables(0).rows(0).Item("State").ToString\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tcity.SelectedValue = ds2.Tables(0).rows(0).Item("city").ToString\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t...\t\t\t\tEnd If\tEnd IfEnd SubBut I receive this error just when I come normally from the first page to the second: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.Line 73: state.SelectedValue = ds2.Tables(0).rows(0).Item("State").ToStringI don t understand this error because the subroutine says that only set the values from the session to the form fields if the data exists in the dataset: 'If Not isNothing(ds2.tables(0).rows(0)) then'. And if I come from the first page the dataset of the second page it doesn t exists yet...Somebody knows what is the problemOn the first form page:CODESub userData(Sender As Object, e As EventArgs)\t\tDim ds As New DataSet() \tDim dt As New DataTable() \tdt.columns.add("Mail")\tdt.columns.add("Password") \tdt.columns.add("userType") \tdt.columns.add("zipCode") \tdt.columns.add("companyName")\tdt.columns.add("State")\tdt.columns.add("City")\t...Dim row As DataRow\trow = dt.NewRow()\trow.Item("Mail") = mail.Text\trow.Item("Password") = password.Text\trow.Item("userType") = userType.SelectedItem.Value\trow.Item("zipCode") = zip.Text\t\t\tdt.Rows.Add(row)\tds.tables.add(dt)\tSession("UserData") = ds End SubOn the second form page:CODESub userData(Sender As Object, e As EventArgs)\tDim ds2 As DataSet\tds2 = CType(Session("UserData"), DataSet)\t\tDim row As DataRow\trow = ds2.Tables(0).Rows(0)\trow.Item("companyName") = name.Text\trow.Item("State") = state.SelectedItem.Value\trow.Item("City") = city.SelectedItem.Value\t...\tSession("UserData") = ds2\tresponse.Redirect("Form3_NewUser.aspx")End SubThank you
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Overcoming large image map problem in IE

Hi all,On one of our web applications, an image is created dynamically.\tOn this image the user can hover the mouse over some parts of the picture to get certain information, and can then click on these same annotations to edit them.\tIn order to do this, I create an image map along with the image.\tThe image map has onMouseOver and onClick properties for the image.The problem is that the image map for this picture can get quite large, and when it gets too large it drives internet explorer nuts.\tIn one example, the image map alone is 1.5 MB of information, and when internet explorer tries to open it the browser will not show the image, the buttons go haywire (i.e.\tradio buttons are replaced by j's), and after closing the browser, windows will act weird\t(such as right-click menus coming up all black) until I restart the computer.\tI have tried to run the app on a few different computers, all with the same symptoms.\tI can run it in Netscape 7.0, but cannot get it to run in IE.\tDoes anyone know why IE does this\t\t Kevin B..Net Programmer\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Server Application times out

By "it runs for 3 minutes" do you mean its doing processing and not showing a page for 3 minutesIf so, you could have some memory leak and are actually bringing down your web server!Could you give more detail of what your page is actually doingD'Arcy , 1 to 3 HOURS!ok...we should look at the architecture of this then, because a web app may not be what you want here. Let me explain:Each session has a timeout value. This is necessary because if it didn't, your webserver would get jammed up with processing and storing variables, and it would cease to function (usually showing a familiar Server Application Unavailable error). The idea though is that if someone is actively interacting with the site, then the session stays live. But if inactivity happens, the session will die.Whats happening in your case is that you're asp.net page is calling some code that is doing some MAJOR processing. The timeout of your IIS is probably kicking in before the processing is complete, effectively killing your app.HOWEVER, I wouldn't suggest bumping up your timout to 3 hours, because that means that if I log into your site, and close my browser, unless you can catch that and abandon my session, my session will stay active for 3 HOURS! Multiply a few hundred users, if not thousands depending on usage and traffic, and your site won't last too long.So here are some options for you:1. Create a Windows Service. This is a program that runs in the background of the server. When you need some processing done, you could have your aspx page pass some vars to the service and get it going, while telling your users to "come back later" to retrieve their data. This will do a few things:a. It will take the processing load off of IISb. You're users won't have to have their browser open for 3 hours just to see the results; they can come back later.2. If its something like report generation, try and automate the process during non-busy hours.i.e. if a financial report is run every thursday morning, instead of the users having to request it, just have a service or some other application automatically crate the report at a pre-determined time (like 2 am for instance), so all the users do in the morning is grab the finished report (which also was processed during a non-busy time, so it probably won't take as long)If you'd like more insight on how to rectify this, let us know a bit more detail about what it is you're trying to do (and why its taking 3 hours max to do it; although I'm guessing its report related)hthD'Arcy
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!