Forum

RECENTLY INDEXED PROGRAMMING SOLUTIONS OF ASP.NET

C# Web Forms And Using Linq  

Hello,I am working on my final project for school and I have to post certain form tasks to the database. I am not all that sharp on every aspect of data connections yet and am struggling. I am using the connection that visual studio creates when you drag and drop the table on the form. It... Continue Reading
Views : 6
Tuesday 25th of September 2012

Imagine Cup 2012: Coding For .net  

Found a cool student competition for .NET coding... I think I'm gonna sign up. Probably awesome for my resume. Any one else?? Just Announced: Microsoft Imagine Cup US 2012 sign ups now open. Whether you have a winning idea to take you to the top and change the world, want to... Continue Reading
Views : 70

How To Solve Personalization Problem In Web Parts In Asp.net  

We are facing problem while implementing the webparts in our web application. The concern application is working fine on local host but having problem while ruuning it on server. we have used following namespaces :- Continue Reading
Views : 70

Problem Getting Selected Value From Dropdownlist Using Arraylist As Datasource  

I'm having a problem getting the selected value from a DropDownList that uses an ArrayList as a DataSource. When I select a year and click on the submit button, I get the following error message: Object reference not set to an instance... Continue Reading
Views : 86

How To Show Report Without Gridview In Asp.net  

Without gridview how can i show report in asp.net Continue Reading
Views : 85

Fetch the html content from iframe using htmlagilitypack  

I am making an app in which I want to fetch some content from iframe, In iFrame code is like this. Continue Reading
Views : 82

Displaying image from disc  

Hi everyone, I have a photo upload form and I upload photos to disc D to prevent insufficient space problem. While uploading, following code stores the image under D; Continue Reading
Views : 71

need some information regarding .net  

Hi,Am very new to .net.Actually in our project we are calling .net webservice from java code after doing some process again control come to java part.This .net code was developed on 2007 and the framework .net1.1.now we need to upgrade it.So how we can proceed is the same code... Continue Reading
Views : 65

pls i need everybody's help, it all on tag  

sory me also, i have the same problem so can you help me!!! Continue Reading
Views : 138

Illegal characters in path  

I am trying to encrypt a web.config file using the following command i am getting the error like below: aspnet_regiis.exe -pef "connectionStrings"... Continue Reading
Views : 77

Connect VB.NET 2005 with MS Access Database  

Connect VB.NET 2005 with MS Access DatabaseHow to connect to my form in VB.Net 2005 to MS Access Database ... !? Continue Reading
Views : 67

Looks like ASP.NET AJAX is a mess  

Microsoft AJAX Library? ScriptManager Control? ScriptManagerProxy Control? --edit Eh, actually the basic implementation is trivial. Drag and drop a ScriptManager and UpdatePanel from the Ajax part of the tool menu into a form which show up as; Continue Reading
Views : 68

ASP.NET WebPages tutorial - adding a logout routine  

1. ASP.NET/WEBPAGES tutorial. I completed the tutorial and was trying to add a logout function on my Login.cshtml page/file. The WebSecurity.Logout() command would always execute before I want it to. I tried putting it in a button as an... Continue Reading
Views : 130

Common Lists  

So if I wanted to supply a common list of users who are logged in to all users what is the most efficient approach? A static class with a static arraylist? A small table in the database? Something else? Thanks Continue Reading
Views : 55

Redirecting wrong path to right  

Can I use something, perhaps WebConfig.xml, to redirect "near misses" to the correct page? If the actual page is: http://mywebsite/birdhouses.aspx An nobody can... Continue Reading
Views : 80

Return database data as JSON  

Hello Imports System.Web.Script.SerializationImports System.Data.SqlClientPublic Class jsonTest Dim objSQLConnection As SqlConnection Dim objSQLCommand As SqlCommand Dim objSQLDataReader As SqlDataReader Dim... Continue Reading
Views : 65

Exception of type 'Antlr.Runtime.NoViableAltException' was thrown  

I am trying to send a query in VS 2010 for our web application: var firstHraIdFromCallAppointment = _session.Query().Select(x =>... Continue Reading
Views : 87

ASP Net Page Layouts  

Hallo, am learning ASP Net from a book after having worked with ASP classic for a long time.Have learnt about Data Lists, GridView and DetailsView etc. etc. but am finding the layout possibilities very rigid. Can someone explain how I can achieve the layout of data from a... Continue Reading

Connect vb.NET application with a MySQL Database  

Hi guys,I want to create a vb.net application with a login.I want that the login verify the username and password with a table witch contains all usernames and passwords of all members and if the login found a correspondence with the... Continue Reading
Views : 60

I need help with LinkList in VB.net  

I have linklist in vb.net which contains web site links.I need to do like this there will 1 button & linklist with some website links whenever we select that link & click on a button then it should open in browser.I know it's easy to do but I am... Continue Reading

Replace VB6 ActiveX Control - with .NET  

I'm looking to convert an old vb6 activeX control to new something new in .NET. I was wondering if it is possible to write a Windows Form Application to communicate to com devices. Then a window service to be a middle man for communication between... Continue Reading
Views : 69

NoBot (Ajax Control tool kit) Invalid Bad Response  

Locally i using NoBot which is working good. okBut when i upload it on server. it gives everytime InvalidBadResponse.Please help me.My code is completly correct. I follow the code from a 5 different websites.What is reason. Continue Reading
Views : 57

insert text box value into combobox selected table  

I am new to vb.net .I would like to know how do i insert text box value into combobox selected table ?i can load tables names in combobox but how do i insert into combobox selected table?Thanks in advance Continue Reading
Views : 155

populating a combo box with sql server 3.5 tables  

i am having difficulty populating combobox with sql server compact 3.5 tables.i am encountering the following error "NotSuppoertedException was unhandled "in this line Error - Me.ComboBox1.DataSource = Me.con.GetSchema("TABLES")can... Continue Reading
Views : 62