New header leads to name clashes

The most recent state of http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg...007/n2241.html as well as the current draft N2284 (section [syserr], p.2) proposes a new enumeration type posix_errno immediatly in the namespace std. One of the enumerators has the name invalid_argument, or fully qualified: std::invalid_argument. This ...
Posted On: Monday 26th of November 2012 12:16:44 AM Total Views:  379
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF C Language PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

excel.h - Automating Excel... How to Create new worksheets

I'm trying to create new Worksheets in my code but I really have no clue how to... here is part of my code.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 12th November 2012
View Replies!

C++ newbie looking for help with linker error

[Linker error] undefined reference to `HTMLWindow::HTMLWindow(std::string const&, std::string const&, HINSTANCE__*, bool)' Thats the error, and the code is below. The complier is Dev-C++ 4.9.9.2. Thank you if you can help. #include #include "HTMLWindow.h" int CALLBACK WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE unused__, ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

inheriting new and delete

I got this code from a friend of mine. #include using namespace std; class Base { int i; public: Base(int ii=0):i(ii){} void * operator new(size_t sz) { cout<<"new sz="<
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Operator Overloading: new and new[] operators

I was going through a sample code on overloading new and delete arrays operators. Reference: Thinking in C++ by Bruce Eckel. Chapter 13, Page 603-604 " //: C13:ArrayOperatorNew.cpp // Operator new for arrays #include // Size_t definition #include ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

Re: can you do if((myptr) && (myptr->IsGreen()) without blowing up?

On 2008-06-21, Juha Nieminen wrote: > red floyd wrote: >> Also, if operator&&() or operator||() is overloaded, there is also no >> such guarantee. > > The standard guarantees operator priorities (even if the operators are > overloaded) but ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

exception in the constructor invoked by "new" operation

If an exception is thrown, will the memory allocated in the heap be released And what's the underlying mechanism
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Is it bad to have objects pass themselves to new objects?

My app has a bunch of different data types, and a bunch of different graph types that can draw the data. This is a pretty much a 1:1 mapping -- one graph type for each data type. One way I've ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Got the ball rolling on a new newsgroup...

A week or so I go, I proposed the founding of a new newsgroup called comp.lang.c++.portable.highlevel, but I've since decided that comp.lang.c+ +.cross-platform would be a better name. I've gotten the ball rolling on getting the newsgroup up and running. ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Replace operator new question

Today, one of my friends said,"If you write a global operator new, you will get a link error which complains new already defined in msvcrt" (we are using MS VC++ 2005). I just said no, because C++ allows replacing ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

@........new programme..........@

@......new programme..........@ http://bigchurch.com/go/g906803-pmem http://indianfriendfinder.com/go/g906803-pmem http://www.freewebs.com/medicsec/...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

A newbie's questions

Please pardon a newbie's innocent questions. 1) It seems a daft thing, but I can't handle << and >> easily in my mind unless I have a name for them. I've toyed with :- << Corporal and >> Captain (not ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Help with an Assignment(newb help)

hello to all. i am in a Introductory C++ class and I have been having some issue with an assignment that i was given. Here is a brief setup for it. Write a program to print out a loan repayment ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

inserting a new-line character using FILE pointer

Please go thru the following code snippet to understand my doubt... .... char q[100]="asdffdsaqwerrewq"; char a[100]="vcxzasdfrtewq"; FILE *fp=fopen("aa.txt","a"); fputs(q,fp); fputs(a,fp); fclose(fp); .... while doing this...i could see a file 'aa.txt' created successfully but the output looks like asdffdsaqwerrewqvcxzasdfrtewq which is ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: Creating a new ***Welcome Message***

Hi! arnuld schrieb: > 1.) I want all of you here to submit the corrections needed to be > made to the our Classic ***Welcome Message***. Just post a single > line, very brief sentence here and I will make ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

help please - newbie learning c++

I'm learning c++ and i can't build this example from a book: //file GradeBook.h #include using std::string; class GradeBook { public: GradeBook( string ); void setCourseName( string ); string getCourseName(); void displayMessage(); private: string courseName; }; //file GradeBook.cpp #include ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

forcing new to fail (or throw an exception)

, Here is a little question. I was reading up on the FAQ on pointers: http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lit....html#faq-16.6 and wanted to see what g++ (ver. 4.1.3) does if it cannot allocate enough memory by trying to allocating huge amount. Here is what ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

new & delete

Could someone with access to the standard please tell me what it says (if anything) about new initialising the allocated memory to zero, and/ or delete setting the pointer to NULL Thx....
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

regarding new operator

I am a beginner to c++ programming. I just want to know what is the use of new operator. If there is no sufficient memory to be allocated then what does the call to this new return.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

``definition once" applies on ::operator new ?

//mynew.cpp void* operator new (size_t sz) { return 0; } // main.cpp void* operator new (size_t); int main() { new char; } The code above compiles with my icl 9.0 I remember once I got "operator new(unsigned int) has already ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Function in header file - newbie vc++

I'm very newbie in programing and first time try move function to header file. I have simple function declered on Form1.h void Status (String ^message){ this->richTextBox1->AppendText(message+"\n"); this->richTextBox1->ScrollToCaret(); } it's work good on this form i.e on event button.click : ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!