Linking error

1>IntroState.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall GameState: ushState(class GameState *)" ( pushState@GameState@@QAEXPAV1@@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall IntroState::keyReleased(class OIS::KeyEvent const &)" (keyReleased@IntroState@@UAEXABVKeyEvent@OIS@@@Z) 1>bin\Debug\SparkRushBuild.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals Any idea of what ...
Posted On: Sunday 25th of November 2012 09:22:37 PM Total Views:  62
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF C Language PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

basic question on c++ linking

It is a very basic question.Surely i got something wrong in my basic understanding. //Contents of file1.cpp using namespace std; #include template class my_stack; int main(){ my_stack st1; int top_element; top_element = st1.pop(); cout
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 3rd November 2012
View Replies!

Undefined reference in linking

hi! I've a library written in pure C (gcc) compiled to .o. Now I want to call some C functions from C++ file. I'm including header from library, and compilation of C++ file goes clean, but linker says: "undefined reference". I remember that I had this problem some time ago, and I've fixed it by adding extern "C" before #include , but now it is not working. What can be wrong Jarek.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Is there anything in the works(standards committee) to give C++ dynamic linking?

-- [ See http://www.gotw.ca/resources/clcm.htm for info about ] [ comp.lang.c++.moderated. First time posters: Do this! ]
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Debuging & *.LIB linking

Here is the situation: 1) I Have a project "Proj" which is compiled "Release". 2) However, many of the routines which are called are part of a "standard" MyStd.LIB file. 3) of the routines in MyStd.LIB were compiled in a separate project as "FullDebug", before being placed into the library file. 4) Project "Proj" links from MyStd.LIB. 5) There is an Access Violation Exception in one of the "standard" routines. 6) Before running "Proj" from the IDE, I OPEN the file where the error is located (NOTE: I DO NOT "Add" the routine). 7) Then I place a break in the error routine. 8) Control does not stop at the break. Why Richard (PS.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

help w/ linking an exec against a dll, vc++ 2005

I'm not very good w/ VC++ as I come from the other side, but I have a VC++ 2005 small project that did compile, then I did a 'build->clean solution' on it and I can no longer get it to link. the cpp files build fine, but it doesn't link w/ a another dll that's in the Release directory of my visual studio project. I get lots of 'unresolved external symbol errors'. I know where the dll's and it's headers are that it needs to link to, but I don't know how to get it to link to them, I tried project- >property pages->add new references, but that didn't help. Can anyone help me w/ what I need to do to get it to link and create my exec Thnx,
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!

C++ (g++) linker error linking dependent static libraries to createexecutable

I'm battling a linker issue. Here is the scenario. I have two static libraries libA.a and libB.b and am trying to create an executable hello.exe from hello.cpp, libA.a and libB.a. blah/ /libA libA.h libA.cpp -----> libA.a libB.a
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!

undefined reference error while linking..help

hi friends I tried to link c++ object files using "bfin-elf-ld" and got some undefined reference errors Errors::::: (.text+0x2ee8): undefined reference to `operator delete(void*)' (.text+0x2ef4): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume' (.text+0x2efa): undefined reference to `operator new(unsigned long)' (.text+0x25f6): undefined reference to `__muldf3' (.text+0x2620): undefined reference to `__floatsidf' I dont know why its giving these errors.. Plz help me to fix this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!

linking error for static member variables

Hi , I have a linking error when using gcc4.2 and static member variables. The class template definition is something around the following: template class Element : public Element_common { public: static const ubyte_t dim_ = 2; static const ubyte_t num_nodes_ = 2; static const ubyte_t gauss_pts_= 3; // member functions }; Undefined symbols: "fea::Element::gauss_pts_", referenced from: __ZN3fea7ElementILNS_12Element_typeE1EE10gauss_pts_E $non_lazy_ptr in element.o "fea::Element::gauss_pts_", referenced from: __ZN3fea7ElementILNS_12Element_typeE2EE10gauss_pts_E $non_lazy_ptr in element.o "fea::Element::gauss_pts_", referenced from: __ZN3fea7ElementILNS_12Element_typeE3EE10gauss_pts_E $non_lazy_ptr in element.o ld: symbol(s) not found The strange thing is that I have many other static variables with the same kind of definition (same type and const as you can see) but it only complaints about the gauss_pts_ member variable. I solved the problem by moving the definition to the cpp file as follows: // in cpp file const ubyte_t Element::gauss_pts_ = 3; But I want to understand really what is happening here. When I compile the code with gcc4.3, the problem disappears. So, is this a bug in the compiler
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!

SDL_image library not linking (MinGW)

soulfreshner wrote: > I'm using windows and compiling with MinGW. > > After compiling and installing SDL successfully, I tried following > this tut (http://lazyfoo.net/SDL_tutorials/les...windows/mingw/ > index.php) to get SDL_image up and running. Trying to compile the code > gives me linker errors: > > [linker stuff redacted] > > It looks like I'm not linking something, but much googling still gave > me nothing. Any ideas > -d- Yes. Try asking in either an SDL or a MinGW group. Linking is beyond the scope of this group.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!

Why is form suddenly external when linking?

Hi I had the code for the orining section commented out. When ready to get that working I uncommented it and worked on it. Decided to start that routine from scratch. Deleted the code and the OnClick reference in the button. Now linking says that that form is an Unresolved External. Why
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 5th November 2012
View Replies!

Can anybody help me linking Fortran into C++

I use gcc compiler (version 2.8.1). During linking I get the following error message: Undefined first referenced symbol in file log10l /opt/gcc_4.1.2/solaris10/lib/ libgfortran.a(write.o) strtof /opt/gcc_4.1.2/solaris10/lib/ libgfortran.a(read.o) strtold /opt/gcc_4.1.2/solaris10/lib/ libgfortran.a(read.o) __assert_c99 /opt/gcc_4.1.2/solaris10/lib/ libgfortran.a(error.o) ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to symsimp collect2: ld returned 1 exit status gmake: *** [symsimp] Error 1 Does anybody know where I can find libraries with those functions
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 5th November 2012
View Replies!

linking C with C++

, I need to write a program in C that will map a string to a structure. the easyest way, I think, will be to create a C++ program that will handle the stl map and to create extern functions for C to use. example typedef map mapStringToMyStruct; extern "C" void * createMap() { return new mapStringToMyStruct(); } extern "C" addObject(void *m, char *key, myStruct value) { (mapStringToMyStruct*)m[key]=value; } and so on. the problem is that I do not know if it is possible or correct to program like that. all my attempt to compile the two fail. does any one knows how to do it a step by step compilation will be apreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 5th November 2012
View Replies!

linking error with inline functions

hey When i try to make the following mutating method inline i get the following error: //method inline void vertex::setValue(int new_value) throw() { value_ = new_value; } error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall vertex::setValue(int)" (setValue@vertex@@QAEXH@Z) referenced in function _main removing the inline keyword fixes the problem any advice would be much appreciated
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 7th November 2012
View Replies!

linking static template variable

// - in my xy.cpp file -- template struct MyFragmentShader { static const int varying_count = Ttex*2 + Tcol*3 + Tlight; }; .... template const int MyFragmentShader::varying_count; .... void foo() { // 'r' is of type super_complicated_class r.fragment_shader(); } // -- ends The result is: undefined reference to `MyFragmentShader::varying_count' I (try to) use GCC 4.0.2. Can you please assist me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

linking time type mismatching error

I am trying to compile a package protclust-1.0.1 which is written by someone by in 2003. The run of ./configure is ok without error. But when I try to compile it, 'make' stops with following error message. It seems there is a type mismatch between the type used in the program and the basic c++ string type ... Or I am missing some point \t the programs have passed the syntax check using 'gcc -fsyntax-only -Wall'. Note: to compile this package you also need another package called xmlio-1.0.0 . many thanks, The following the error message I got after call 'make'. --------------------------------------------------------- /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link c++ -I/users/sista/qfu/local/include - O2 -o CreateMatrix CreateMatrix.o ../Matrix/libMatrix.a ../ Clustering/libClustering.a ../Global/libGlobal. a -L/users/sista/qfu/local/lib -lxmlio -lexpat c++ -I/users/sista/qfu/local/include -O2 -o CreateMatrix CreateMatrix.o ../Matrix/libMatrix.a ../Clustering/libClustering.a ../ Global/libGlobal.a -L/users/sista/qfu/local/lib /u sers/sista/qfu/local/lib/libxmlio.so /usr/lib/libexpat.so -Wl,--rpath - Wl,/users/sista/qfu/local/lib -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/users/sista/qfu/local/ lib CreateMatrix.o: In function `main': CreateMatrix.cpp.text+0x298): undefined reference to `std::getScalingMethod(std::basic_string)' CreateMatrix.cpp.text+0x2cd): undefined reference to `std::getAlignmentTool(std::basic_string)' .../Matrix/libMatrix.a(Matrix.o): In function `std::Matrix::save()': Matrix.cpp.text+0x296d): undefined reference to `std::writeSubstitutionMatrix(std::SubstitutionMatrix)' Matrix.cpp.text+0x298f): undefined reference to `std::writeScalingMethod(std::ScalingMethod)' Matrix.cpp.text+0x29b1): undefined reference to `std::writeAlignmentTool(std::AlignmentTool)' .../Matrix/libMatrix.a(Matrix.o): In function `std::Matrix::Matrix(std::basic_string const&, std::map&)': Matrix.cpp.text+0x3583): undefined reference to `std:perator>>(std::basic_istream&, std::SubstitutionMatrix&)' Matrix.cpp.text+0x3f9e): undefined reference to `std::getScalingMethod(std::basic_string)' Matrix.cpp.text+0x4019): undefined reference to `std::getAlignmentTool(std::basic_string)' .../Matrix/libMatrix.a(Matrix.o): In function `std::Matrix::Matrix(std::basic_string const&, std::map&)': Matrix.cpp.text+0x5258): undefined reference to `std:perator>>(std::basic_istream&, std::SubstitutionMatrix&)' Matrix.cpp.text+0x5d31): undefined reference to `std::getScalingMethod(std::basic_string)' Matrix.cpp.text+0x5da3): undefined reference to `std::getAlignmentTool(std::basic_string)' .../Matrix/libMatrix.a(Matrix.o): In function `std::Matrix::Matrix(std::basic_string, std::basic_string const&, std::AccessMode, unsigned short)': Matrix.cpp.text+0x85c1): undefined reference to `std:perator>>(std::basic_istream&, std::SubstitutionMatrix&)' Matrix.cpp.text+0x919d): undefined reference to `std::getScalingMethod(std::basic_string)' Matrix.cpp.text+0x920c): undefined reference to `std::getAlignmentTool(std::basic_string)' .../Matrix/libMatrix.a(Matrix.o): In function `std::Matrix::Matrix(std::basic_string, std::basic_string const&, std::AccessMode, unsigned short)': Matrix.cpp.text+0xc8fa): undefined reference to `std:perator>>(std::basic_istream&, std::SubstitutionMatrix&)' Matrix.cpp.text+0xd598): undefined reference to `std::getScalingMethod(std::basic_string)' Matrix.cpp.text+0xd61e): undefined reference to `std::getAlignmentTool(std::basic_string)' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make[2]: *** [CreateMatrix] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory `/users/sista/qfu/tmp/protclust-1.0.1.org/ Tools' make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory `/users/sista/qfu/tmp/protclust-1.0.1.org/ Tools' make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

static dll linking

I've got a problem - I must to static link to dll library, which is placed in subdirectory of application. I knonw how do it in delphi but I don't known how do it in c++ (builder). In delphi I do: procedure FunctionName; stdcall; external 'subdirectory\library.dll'; In c++ static linking is making by lib files and there's no path and file name of dll defined: void __declspec(dllimport) __stdcall FunctionName(); I dont want to set paths in system and linking dynamic by LoadModule etc. Can you help me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

static inline function not found during linking

I have a problem with my code that the compiler does not find any inline functions which are static. The simple code example is written below, this is what the compiler throws at me. ] $ g++ main.cpp foo.cpp ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 11th November 2012
View Replies!

Some strange error

I took old code and decided to modify it a bit, and I just noticed that it does not compile at all and before server one of severs (main) crashed in the system it was working fine (I am really ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

linker error in virtual function

Hi Everyone, I have the following polymorphic classes, class Shape { public : virtual void draw() { } virtual void sample(); }; class Circle : public Shape { public : virtual void draw() { cout<<"Circle::draw"<
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

template template parameter compilation errors!!!

, I got a Mac and I'm trying to compile my code on Mac OS using GCC 4.3. My code used to compile just fine in Ubuntu with the same compiler but now it's giving me errors in all ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!