External Exception Linker error C0000008, Invalid HANDLE.

Spent the day looking into External Exception Linker error C0000008": My CppBuilder application gave me exception when run in Debugger mode but works fine when started from explorer. There is information on this message by looking in CppBuilder: Tools/Options/Debugger Options/Native ...
Posted On: Sunday 25th of November 2012 08:03:57 PM Total Views:  83
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF C Language PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Unresolved external

Hi The code below from a DLL compiles ok with BDS 2006 running under Windows XP. Now it is giving error message with C++ Builder 2007 running under Windows Vista. extern "C" { // Insert/Modify Edit Routine bool __declspec(dllexport) InsertModifyEdit(TADOQuery *qName, TForm *fName, TBitBtn *bName) { String fldName, etd; int etl; bool allBlank; bool emptyText; if (qName->State == dsInsert || qName->State == dsEdit) { bName->ModalResult = mrOk; // Will close form // Loop for all Components int cCount = fName->ComponentCount; for (int n=0; nComponents[n]->ClassNameIs("TDBComboBox")) { // Ignore test if tag set to > 0 ie 1 if (static_cast(fName->Components[n])->Tag == 0) { if (static_cast(fName->Components[n])->Text.IsEmpty()) { static_cast(fName->Components[n])->Color = clYellow; static_cast(fName->Components[n])->SetFocus(); fldName = static_cast(fName->Components[n])->DataField; emptyText = true; break; } } } // TDBLookupComboBox if (fName->Components[n]->ClassNameIs("TDBLookupComboBox")) { // Ignore test if tag set to > 0 ie 1 if (static_cast(fName->Components[n])->Tag == 0) { if (static_cast(fName->Components[n])->Text.IsEmpty()) { static_cast(fName->Components[n])->Color = clYellow; static_cast(fName->Components[n])->SetFocus(); fldName = static_cast(fName->Components[n])->DataField; emptyText = true; break; } } } if (emptyText) { SubFunctMessageSound("Error"); MessageDlg("Entry required in " + fldName + " field", mtError, TMsgDlgButtons() ModalResult = mrNone; // Form will remain open return false; } } return true; } } //----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error message as follows :- [ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external '__fastcall Dbctrls::TDBComboBox::GetDataField()' referenced from C:\USERS\PUBLIC\DOCUMENTS\RAD STUDIO\PROJECTS\DLLFILES\DEBUG_BUILD\DLLDBASE.OBJ The offending line is: fldName = static_cast(fName->Components[n])->DataField; The TDBLookupComboBox is not giving an error.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 3rd November 2012
View Replies!

Handling external ressource (aka How can I find a process' executablefile)

This is slightly off-topic (not purely C++). But I was wondering how do people handle ressources (input file) in their C++ applications in a cross platform way I tought first of using relative path from the current running executable, but I could not find a portable way of doing other than getcwd/_getcwd + argv[0] which may or may not always work. My current implementation is to produce a C++ file that gets compiled during the build: http://gdcm.svn.sourceforge.net/view...xxview=markup
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

writing an external function in std c++

I've been pecking away at writing a program that will calculate the inner product of two double-width four-vectors. Larry thinks I'm well started with the following source to populate a vector: #include #include #include #include #include int main() { std::vector four_vector; for (double i=0.0; itext55.txt 2>text56.txt //end source continue comment , except making the inner product calculated externally. I have zero chance of getting it correct, so I'll spare you the flailing attempt. Screenshot here: http://zaxfuuq.net/c++5.jpg To imitate it, I believe the appropriate c++ inner product would be around negative 25. -- Gerry Ford "Er hat sich georgiert." Der Spiegel, 2008, sich auf Chimpy Eins komma null beziehend.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

import an external function

How to import a function in another translation unit with a namespace Let's say we have two cpp files: 1.cpp namesapce mu { int func() { return 0;} }; and in 2.cpp, I declare namespace mu { extern int func(); }; The compiler (VC 2005) complains that it can not find definition of func(), obvisousely believing that the "extern" refers to a function in global namespace. I can get it work by declaring it in a header file shared by both files. However, I only need this function definition in 2.cpp so that is not what I really wanted.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!

LNK2019 - Unresolved external symbol

"repairman2003@gmail.com" writes: > template > void Engine::setEventReceiver(T receiver) > { > m_device->setEventReceiver(receiver); > } > > I've got that function in a static library that my client program is > calling. No, you didn't. You may have some instantiations of that template function, but you certainly don't have the template itself in a static library. > I'm almost certain that this linker error is being caused > because the lib has no information about the type of object I'm > sending it. The type I'm passing into this is a custom type that > should not be in the lib file--it's a class that is holds client side > events and doesn't belong in this library. You appear to have fundamental misunderstanding of how templates work. > and the calling info in main: > > Engine* engine... > EventReceiver receiver; > > engine->setEventReceiver(receiver); The *body* of setEventReceiver() must be available here (e.g. from an included header file). If (as I suspect) it isn't, then linker error is entirely expected. > Am I correct in why it is throwing that linker issue What are my > options in getting around this Put the body of template function into a header file, so it can be instantiated when the type if 'T' is known. Cheers, -- In order to understand recursion you must first understand recursion. Remove /-nsp/ for email.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!

undefined external template fn?

On 12 Jun, 00:22, Fernando Gmez wrote: > AFAIK, you cannot have a template declared in one file and the > implementation on anther one, unless the "export" keyword is used. You could, but you would have to include the definitions somehow. It is pretty standard to write the definitions in a .tpp file (or similar), and then #include this file in the header file. Of course, from the compiler's POV it would not be much different from a single file. > But (again AFAIK) there's only one compiler that implements > "export" (can't remember it's name). > > Just a thought. Comeau has 'export'. I think Intel C++ has it too. (Since they're both based on EDG's front end) DP
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!

Re: Unresolved external

A few questions related to the original one: If I *know* that my sprintf()'s are safe, why should I need to change them into StringCchPrintf()'s Is sprintf() still part of ANSI C++ Can I make libs in C++ 2007 that (when used in BCB4 projects) allows the use of sprintf and other deprecated (but still ANSI) functions in the rest of the project A bit annoyed, but still a bit ... Ted Lyngmo Ted Lyngmo wrote: > > A project that's been linking fine for 6 years won't link anymore. > > [Linker Error] Unresolved external > 'ratta_svt::ratta_svt(System::AnsiString, System::AnsiString, int, int)' > referenced from C:\PROGRAM > FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER4\PROJECTS\TEDTIPS\NYTIPS\MAIN.OBJ. > > The projects .cpp file (with WinMain in it) contains > > USEUNIT("ratta_svt.cpp"); > > and when I use 'View\Units', ratta_svt.cpp is there. > > I've tried 'Project\Remove from Project' and then adding it again with > the same result. I've removed 'ratta_svt.obj' and it gets compiled just > fine when I build. > > This is a BCB4 project. > > > What did you change, you ask > > 1. I created a lib in RAD Studio 2007 using C++ Builder. > > 2. I tested the lib in a brand new BCB4 project and it > looked like it worked like it should. > > 3. I added the lib to my old BCB4 project. > > 4. When linking, it said that I should use StringCchPrintf > instead of sprintf (which I've used *everywhere*, including > all the subprojects connected to the main project). > > 5. I decided to drop the new lib from my old project. > > 6. Now the linker can't resolve the old stuff. > > > Any ideas > > Best regards, > Ted Lyngmo
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!

visual c++ 8 (.net 2005) has unresolved external symbol errors

On 2007-09-26 03:39, andrey.vul@gmail.com wrote: > The error is LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: static > bool solver int>::solution" () Do not know if it matters but the solver class takes unsigned ints as template parameters, not ints. Sorry, cannot help you more than that, too much macro magic for me. -- Erik Wikström
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!

Question relating to: "error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol"

{ the code seems to come from C++ Primer Plus by Stephen Prata. -mod } , I am learning C++, in my book the following code is included as an example relating to namespaces. The Code consists of 3 different files: > #ifndef NAMES_HPP #define NAMES_HPP namespace pers { const int LEN = 40; //LEN is only defined within the Namespace pers! struct Person { char fname[LEN]; char lname[LEN]; }; void getPerson(Person &); void showPerson(const Person &); } namespace debts { using namespace pers; //namespace directive struct Debt { Person name; // name is a Person structure (fname and lname) double amount; }; void getDebt(Debt &); void showDebt(Debt &); double sumDebts(const Debt ar[], int n); } #endif > #include #include"listing 9.10.hpp" namespace pers { // Add the function definitions to the namespace pers. using std::cout; using std::cin; void getPerson(Person & rp) { cout > rp.fname; cout > rp.lname; } void showPerson(const Person & rp) { cout
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!

Why is form suddenly external when linking?

Hi I had the code for the orining section commented out. When ready to get that working I uncommented it and worked on it. Decided to start that routine from scratch. Deleted the code and the OnClick reference in the button. Now linking says that that form is an Unresolved External. Why
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 5th November 2012
View Replies!

unresolved external symbol error

unresolved external symbol error I am getting This error in VS - 2003 at windows , while it's linking fine in Solaris and all other Unix plateforms. error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _GMaxCornAngle file 1 : file1.cxx /**** CPP File say in Dir1 ******/ int GMaxCornAngle; //Global Variable file 2 : file2.c /***** C File say in Dir2 ******/ extern int GMaxCornAngle; // External ------------------------------------------------------------ I am setting this GMaxCornAngle in file1.cxx and wanted to use it in file2.c. I have tried extern "C" and extern "C++" both, but no help. I know, extern "C++" is not portable. can anybody put light at this issue, and how to resolve this. my observations : 1. if both file are .c then it's linking n working fine on all plateform, even if they are in diff. directory. 2. directory n obj linking is proper as per my observations. any comment will be appreciated. Praveen
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 5th November 2012
View Replies!

Importing external Qt-Project into IDE

Bernhard Reinhardt wrote: > I want to use an open source linux program and add minor changes. I am > quite a beginner and my experience is limited to some little mainly > C-style console programs. > > It's hard for me to find out whats going on in the different source > files. So I thought about importing the project in a graphical IDE. > > I played around with kdesigner and the Qt-plugin for eclipse. Both > relay on .pro and .ui files which are not included in the source. I'm > not sure what tools where used to create the program. Most likely some Qt specific tool, like their designer. If those are text files, you probably can create those files in any text editor you like, provided you know the format of the files. > My question: Is it possible to import/convert such a source into a > Qt-Project (with pro and ui files) You seem to have a question about Qt. Did you know they have their own online forums I am sure you can find them on the web site for TrollTech. Your inquiry seems to have nothing to do with the C++ *programming language*, the topic of this newsgroup. > [..] V -- Please remove capital 'A's when replying by e-mail I do not respond to top-posted replies, please don't ask
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 7th November 2012
View Replies!

Invoke external application in thread

I want to implement a communication through sockets. This should work as follows: I first create a socket with "socket( AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, 0 );" bind it to a particular address:ort and listen to all clients. Then I run an external application with "system". This application uses the same port as previously defined by the socket and sends some data. This application stays alive. Finally, I would like to read the data that I received from the socket from the external application. However, the problem I have is that my program does not get to the point where I can evaluate the received data since it gets stuck in the invoked external application which stays alive. So, I look for an approach to run the external application as a separate process that will be started, remains in memory (this is automatically done) and return control to the caller (where I've defined the socket). Any ideas what I should use instead of "system" to run the external application in a sort of a parallel thread
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

linker errors because external code is header-files-only

What to do if an external library is header-files-only (but you have to use it), and you get lots of linker errors You will necessarily get linker errors "multiple definition of ..." if you try to separate interface from implementation in your own code. The external-library symbols will first be defined in one .o file and then again in the next one that includes the same implementation-heavy header. Is there any way to avoid the linker errors, or do I have to give up and also put everything in header files myself (resulting in eternal compilation times etc)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to externally impose operators new/delete

I guess that the "usual" way to impose new/delete upon a class X is to derive from X, as in: class X1 : public X { void *operator new(size_t); void operator delete(void*); }; The disadvantage of this approach is that I have to duplicate in X1 all of X's constructors, and these constructors don't do anything useful BUT to call X's constructor. Now, for simple classes, such manual approach might be acceptable, although a bit inelegant. My problem is that the X in my case is a boost::tuple. I could make something like template class allocd_tuple : public Tuple { .... }; but then in '...' I have to duplicate all of templated tuple's constructors for up to 10 elements.. I could go "the easy way" and add constructors with more arguments gradually as I encounter larger tuples, but... Is there a better way Something like (hypothetical syntax): void *operator new(size_t) { ... } void operator delete(void*) { ... } -- [ See http://www.gotw.ca/resources/clcm.htm for info about ] [ comp.lang.c++.moderated. First time posters: Do this! ]
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to use external libraries?

Please let me know.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

unresolved external symbol __security_check_cookie

, When building my project (Visual Studio 2005 DLL project for C++ Smart Device), there is link error, error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __security_check_cookie I can solve this error by adding secchk.lib to link input import libraries. My questions, ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 10th November 2012
View Replies!

unresolved external

This is driving me absolutely crazy. I have a class which has a constructor who's argument is a typedef'd int, as follows... #ifndef ChartH #define ChartH #include #include "SourceIt.h" #include "ChartProduct.h" typedef int ChartID; class Chart { public: //__fastcall ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 10th November 2012
View Replies!

about external linkage question

The C++ standard (in 3.5:6, p42Example) said: static int i = 0; // 1 void g() { int i; //2: i has no linkage { extern int i; //3: external linkage } } There are three objects named i. The ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 11th November 2012
View Replies!

What is Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ????

Here is the error while using Visual Studio 2005 Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl print(int,int,int,int,int,int,int,int)" (print@@YAXHHHHHHHH@Z) referenced in function _main assign2.obj
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 12th November 2012
View Replies!