error: no match for ?operator

Is the problem with the 2 functions\t G++ gives such type of error. #include using namespace std; int i, j; int myarr[10] = {1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9}, arr1[10] = {11, 12, 13, 14, 15, ...
Posted On: Sunday 25th of November 2012 08:41:59 PM Total Views:  112
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF C Language PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

error handlling in C

Is it generally a good idea to use perror() function to handle all the error situations For eg in one of my modules I have used it extensively. int reader() { FILE *zeus_file; .................... ..................... zeus_file = fopen("sphere.zeus", "r"); ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 11th November 2012
View Replies!

ifstream errors

So... I'm trying to get used to using C++ ifstream (or ofstream) instead of stdio (although I'm having second thoughts). Anyways, I want to be able to display a meaningful error message if ifstream fails to open a file, but ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Linking error (cygwin, make, windows, sql)

I am trying to compile a simple ODBC and C example on Windows XP SP2. I have Cygwin_NT 5.1. This is the code (obtained from http://www.easysoft.com/developer/la...rial.html#dm_f ...) i am attempting to compile. ODBCTest.c #include #include #include #include ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

libpqxx error upon compiling in program

I am new to C++ and was hoping to use it instead of a scripting language to connect to a database and ****yze data. I have installed libpqxx on my system (RHEL5) and was trying to compile a program taken ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

A Dumb Noob Question. error: expected `;' before 'cout'???

I'm trying to write a little random password generator, g++ refuses to compile it and spits out these error 1.cpp: In function 'int main()': 1.cpp:32: error: expected `;' before 'cout' Full text and program below. g++ -v -o ss 1.cpp ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Flummoxed by a compiler error

VC++ 2003 fails to compile the following code. I figured it may just be a bug in VC, so I tried with Comeau Online and I get a similar result. Now I am wondering if I've perhaps encountered an oddity ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: compiler error

Art Cummings wrote: > Morning all, > > I'm stuck on a compiler error: I've included the entire error and > the code that is causing it is below. The part of the code that is > creating the error ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: compiler error

Art Cummings wrote: > Morning all, > > I'm stuck on a compiler error: I've included the entire error and > the code that is causing it is below. The part of the code that is > creating > the ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Should I use exceptions instead of error codes?

Hi. (crossposted because the program is in C++ and some C++-related elements are discussed, hence comp.lang.c++, plus general program design questions are asked, hence comp.programming.) I'm making this bignum package in C++. I'm wondering though on how to handle the ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

compilation error using ofstream

, does anyone have a clue about this error and how to solve it It seems to be trivial to me, but not for the compiler. I'm using g++ 4.2 on an Ubuntu Linux system: // main() .... std: fstream ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

compilation error with forward declaration

Consider the following piece of code stored in a file called x.cpp class Test; extern void fn_one(Test t); extern Test fn_two(); Test fn_three(const Test &obj) { fn_one(obj); return fn_two(); } Suppose I compile(only compile , not link) this program. I ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to detect filebuf errors

Objects of class ios have an iostate that can indicate errors, but as far as I can see, there is no ****ogous error indicator for streambuf objects. For instance, fstream operations generally seem to be implemented using calls to an ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

C++ newbie looking for help with linker error

[Linker error] undefined reference to `HTMLWindow::HTMLWindow(std::string const&, std::string const&, HINSTANCE__*, bool)' Thats the error, and the code is below. The complier is Dev-C++ 4.9.9.2. Thank you if you can help. #include #include "HTMLWindow.h" int CALLBACK WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE unused__, ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 12th November 2012
View Replies!

What is Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ????

Here is the error while using Visual Studio 2005 Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl print(int,int,int,int,int,int,int,int)" (print@@YAXHHHHHHHH@Z) referenced in function _main assign2.obj
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

N2284: Some system_error issues

1) The synopsis of std::system_error in [syserr.syserr.overview] should add the following line as the last part of the class definition: private: mutable string msg; // For exposition only Otherwise the implementation hint provided in p. 6 seems incomplete. 2) In ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Linker error - CVTRES : fatal error CVT1100:

Anybody has any idea what this error is CVTRES : fatal error CVT1100: duplicate resource. type:GROUP_CURSOR, name:23460, language:0x0813...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Simple program error

I using "Dev-C++", yesterday I was install Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 I need it for building python extensions.Since I was install it when I write some program in Dev-C++ for example: #include using namespace std; int main(){ ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 19th November 2012
View Replies!

Noob: What is the error in this code?

#ifndef POSITION_H_ #define POSITION_H_ class Position { public: Position(std::string name, std::string name): m_name( name), m_description(description){} std::string toString(); private: std::string m_name; std::string m_description; }; #endif /* POSITION_H_ */ I get an error 'error: expected `;' before "m_description"' I don't understand that. ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 24th November 2012
View Replies!

External Exception Linker error C0000008, Invalid HANDLE.

Spent the day looking into External Exception Linker error C0000008": My CppBuilder application gave me exception when run in Debugger mode but works fine when started from explorer. There is information on this message by looking in CppBuilder: Tools/Options/Debugger Options/Native ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

Help needed on "no match function error"

I am learning template programming now, and I wrote the following code #include #include "Queue.h" using namespace std; template class QueueItem { public: QueueItem(T item):value(item),next(0){} T value; QueueItem *next; }; template class Queue { private: ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!