for the cordinates program it into the computer and display it alongside
"normal" characters.

Does such a possibility exist for pure DOS please

Cheers, Andy

Posted On: Sunday 4th of November 2012 07:05:51 AM Total Views:  331
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF C Language PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

help with write your own strcmp function

hi there, i'm trying to write my own string compare function for preparation for exams and i need some advice. i don't understand how to call the string compare can you please help me out it would be very appreciated! This should be a program if s before t it should produce 1 , if is identical it should produce 0 and if t after s it should produce - 1 and i also wanted to know how to use char - char with ascii codes Code: int main () { char *s [80]= {"fish"}; char *t [80] = {"flash"}; if string_compare(*s < *t) printf("0"); if string_compare(*s == *t) printf("0"); } int string_compare(char *s, char *t){ int i; for (i = 0; s[i] == t[i]; i++) if (s[i] == '\0') return 0; return s[i] - t[i]; }
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

Need help with my Programming Essentials class....willing to compensate for your time

Ok, I'm taking a Programming Essentials class. I'm in Iraq and I underestimated the amount of time I was going to be on the road and stuck without internet and spare time to work on this class. I have about ten days to finish up 6 weeks worth of class. Here is the next assignment I have due. I have to write the pseudocode and flowchart in MS WORD...... This is the assignment for the third module, which covers looping. I have to get this one and the next one done in the next 24hrs (midnight Tuesday night) with enough time to still take the mid-term. Here it is.... Written Assignment: Calculator Program Design a calculator program that will add, subtract, multiply, or divide two numbers input by a user. Your program design should contain the following: The main menu of your program is to continue to prompt the user for an arithmetic choice until the user enters a sentinel value to quit the calculator program. When the user chooses an arithmetic operation (i.e. addition) the operation is to continue to be performed (i.e. prompting the user for each number, displaying the result, prompting the user to add two more different numbers) until the user enters a sentinel value to end the chosen arithmetic operation. If the user chooses division, do not allow the user to divide by 0. Display an error message to user and ask the user to choose another denominator. You are to submit, as a Microsoft Word Document, the following for this assignment: 1. Pseudocode 2. Flowchart Remember to follow the guidelines of good program design. Make sure to use meaningful variable names and thoroughly comment each line of your code. You may only use techniques learned in Modules One, Two and Three. Below is a screen output sample: Welcome to the Calculation Program (1) Addition (2) Subtraction (3) Multiplication (4) Division (Q) Quit Program Enter Choice: So, let me know if you want to help and feel free to email me at (removed by moderator)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 18th October 2012
View Replies!

Hello geeks and computer nerds. please try to solve this in your own idea.(c or c++)

first of all i'm trying to execute this program through c and c++. if any one have new creative(anything in your own knowledge) idea how to program this please post here. write a simple C program that uses a Windows command line string to: a. Initiate a throughput download test using a socket-to-socket connection b. Initiate a throughput upload test using a socket-to-socket connection c. Initiate a VoIP test for 160 byte packets at a rate of 20 packets per second d. Initiate any other valid test. Thank You
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

What's your maximum line size preference?

Do you have a preference on maximum line width for C++ code I've seen the craziest debates on this most silly of topic. I have witnessed engineers spent oodles of time fiddling with line breaks just to get it right. I find in general a prescriptive rule makes for markedly less readable code, which unfortunately is a subjective argument, however, the waste of time modifying code when it does not need to is not. I'm interested in knowing what you'all do. G
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 3rd November 2012
View Replies!

your own business earn 150 US $ day

your own business earn 150 US $ day http://www.govindswamy-govindaswamy.blogspot.com http://www.govindastar.blogspot.com http://www.govindaswamy10.blogspot.com http://www.kavigovindan.blogspot.com http://www.govindaswamy-amman.blogspot.com
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Unknown use of protected member functions.

Hi. I'm working with a C++ framework that has something like this: class A { protected: virtual void init(); virtual void run(); // rest of the class .... } class B : public A { public: A::init; A::run; // rest of the class .... } I have never seem the use of A::init; and A::run; in that way before. What are they supposed to be How do they afect to class B What do you think is the purpose of them Tom
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

A one shop website for all your programming language needs

Know more details on Programming languages C/C++ http://www.blogonprogramming.blogspot.com
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Upsigning or downsigning

Is there any way to manipulate a template parameter to change its signedness For example, template void foo(signed T a, unsigned T b) { } defines a templated function that is instantiated with a base numeric type (e.g. int or long) but is referred by signed and unsigned variants. Also, how do I convert a typename to signed or unsigned For example, if I had some variable k I wanted to cast to the unsigned variant of type T, I'd like to be able to do j = (unsigned_type(T))k but I'm not sure if it's possible to do something like that. Is there anyway to "upsign" (i.e. convert a numeric type to signed) or "downsign" (i.e. convert a numeric type to unsigned) similar to how one might upcast or downcast a number
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Advance your career as a lead programmer!

Are you a solid programmer looking for a leadership opportunity Stormfront Studios provides experienced and supportive management, a healthy team environment and a place where high standards are respected and contributions are recognized. Our new IP titles on Xbox360, PS3, Wii and PC need your talent! I work onsite for Stormfront and would be happy to talk with you further. Or, if you have anyone to refer you can ask me about our Friends of Stormfront Referral Bonus Program. Best, Marta Daglow mdaglow@stormfront.com Stormfront Studios 1600 Los Gamos Drive, Suite 380 San Rafael, CA 94903 Here's more about us: Company and Culture: Stormfront Studios has earned a reputation as a top developer of award- winning video games with over 40 published titles, including our 2008 release of Spiderwick; The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers; NASCAR Racing and Madden NFL Football for EA Sports; and the original Neverwinter Nights on AOL. In a world where new companies start up and die with every cycle, Stormfront has prospered for 19 years, and now we're working on some of our most exciting new IP projects ever. We've built our team by finding creative and passionate people with world-class talent and deep expertise in design, programming, art, audio and production. We provide unique and creative career challenges. If you're looking for experienced and supportive management, a healthy team atmosphere, and an outstanding opportunity where high standards are respected and contributions are recognized, we would like to talk to you. We offer top pay, top benefits and stock options, and the company is privately held. We're located just minutes north of San Francisco. For more information see www.stormfront.com. Best, Marta Daglow
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Only one printer shown in CPrintDlg Combobox

I've got a serious Problem with the CPrintDlg. I'm starting the Dialog with the following Code: /* CPrintDialog *printDlg = new CPrintDialog(FALSE, PD_ALLPAGES | PD_RETURNDC, NULL); printDlg->m_pd.nMinPage = printDlg->m_pd.nMaxPage = 1; printDlg->m_pd.nFromPage = printDlg->m_pd.nToPage = 1; printDlg->DoModal(); m_PrinterName.SetWindowText(printDlg->GetDeviceName()); m_pDataHold->m_PrinterName = printDlg->GetDeviceName(); */ The Problem is, that this code works fine for most of the Mashines it is used on, but on one Computer there is only the first Printer in the Dropdownlist shown. Other Programs on this Computer such as Office have all the available Printers in their List so its definitely a Problem with this specific Program. I've already tried to readjust this Problem on my own machine but its always working correctly here. I hope its specific enough, if not, just tell me. Marcus
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Construct a string with char* taking ownership

How can I construct a string using a char pointer without making a copy, but simply by taking ownership of it For example: size_t len; // will be filled in by createString char * p = createString(&len); // a function that returns a char array, caller gets ownership std::string theString(p, len); // how to create this string without making a copy Best regards, Francis -- [ See http://www.gotw.ca/resources/clcm.htm for info about ] [ comp.lang.c++.moderated. First time posters: Do this! ]
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!

How is unit testing performed at your location?

Methods & Toosl is currently conducting a one-question poll to know how is unit testing performed at your location Go to http://www.methodsandtools.com/dynpoll/vote.php to participate and to see intermediate results.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!

A tutorial for all your C/C++ programming language needs

Find details of all related to C/C++ programming language such as code implementation, flow chart preparation and jobs related to C/C++. http://www.blogonprogramming.blogspot.com http://www.sqlserversoftware.blogspot.com
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!

Andreas Tilliander mp3 download

http://groups.google.com/group/music-mp3/web Songs In A Minor is the latest Pop CD put out by the extremely talented Alicia Keys who once again has delivered a brilliant collection of tracks. I'm confident Alicia Keys fans, and Pop fans alike will be pleased with this one.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!

boost::bind annoyance with home grown iterator

I'm having an annoyance with a boost::bind failure that I can't figure out. I'm using an iterator and have all the required fields for iterator (value_type, etc). I'm trying to call the function: find(obj.begin(), obj.end(), boost::bind(std::greater(), _1, 4.4); which gives the error: stl_algo.h:172: error: no match for 'operator==' in (&_first)- >MyIter:perator* [with T = double]() == __val' I'm surprised this fails, because all the following work fine: double a = *obj.begin(); double b = *obj.begin(); and most telling: bool a = (*obj.begin() == 4.4); since the code in stl_algo.h is doing exactly that. What could boost be doing to the _1 placeholder I assumed it did little more than use operator* on each iterator as it is passed them. Any ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!

Future plan in your life :

Future plan in your life : many information and new ideas you are seeing..... ------------------------------------------------------ http://www.freewebs.com/business-xx ------------------------------------------------------ you want a money from loan see and start new home based business ------------------------------------------------------ http://padmagirl.blogspot.com ------------------------------------------------------
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!

aliases, references & pointers (and the danger of dumbing thingsdown)

Hi folks, I ran across another article today warning against the dangers of dumbing things down for students and it reminded me of the recent discussion we had on references, pointers & aliases. http://www.stsc.hill.af.mil/CrossTal...Schonberg.html He makes basically the same points that Joel made in the last link I sent. (This just goes to show that I'm not the only one who feels this way). And, a few more thoughts about aliases has occurred: alias: an assumed name --or-- an alternative name for a thing reference: a note in a publication [or manuscript] referring the reader to another passage or source pointer: one that directs, indicates, or points --or-- a variable that holds the address of a core storage location Out of these 3 definitions (which were taken from answers.com), only 2 indicate that a level of indirection is involved. Or, to say it pictorially, that an arrow would be drawn between two nodes. In the case of an alias, which is the primary which is the secondary How can you tell the direction of the arrow or that there even is an arrow --Jonathan
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!

What the program would behave if an exception is thrown in an environment with exception disabled

Hi Guys, I work in an Embeded community in which exception has been disabled, though I recommend using exception, that is out of my control. Now I have a question: in such a scenario (I mean exception has been disabled), what if some classes defined by C++ library throw some exceptions, for example, std::string will handle error and throw exceptions every time the error happens. Since exception is disabled in our program, there's no try/catch statements in our program. I want to know what will happen if exception is thrown in this suitation.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!

Test your C++ Skill(Online test C++)

go to http://www.itworld2.com to take online test of c++...........
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Hi_I_am_anuusha_21years_of_student..._find_your_love?==?ISO-8859-1?Q?r_here_www.loverguru.blogspot.com?=

Hi I am anuusha 21years of student... find your lover here www.loverguru.blogspot.com
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!