Compiler error dependent name is not a type prefix with 'typename' toindicate a type

Hi Friends, I'm getting a compile error on vs2005 that I dont understand. The help explains that this is a breaking change for VC++.NET 2005 compiler, made in order to conform to the ISO C++ standard, and I've tried it ...
Posted On: Sunday 25th of November 2012 09:56:18 PM Total Views:  110
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF C Language PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Re: Help on a good C Decompiler

Roberto Rasto wrote: > I'm looking for a C Decompiler. > I don't looking for a perfect C decompiler, beacuse I only need to > understand the logic of the program do decompile, but the program is not so > little. > I tried RecStudio that normally works fine, but it hang on the > decompilation. > > Can someone help me to find a good decompiler gdb of GNU. -- saf
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 7th November 2012
View Replies!

Possible C++ compiler bug?

the following code works as expected, e.g. it prints 1234. How can this be if the address of C2::x is 0 or 1\t Why does the printf that prints the address of C2::x, print a 0 or 1 instead of its real address What am I missing here
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

C++ compiler that uses CFront

Does anyone know of any public domain C++ compiler that uses CFront as its front end If you do would appreciate the links or other related info. p.s. Info on any commercial C++ compiler that uses CFront is fine too.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

g++ and VC++ compiler

Hi I have this situation where I have defined some ctors like this : class A { public: A(string& text); }; This compiles in VC++ A(string(text)); but with g++ compiler. However if I create a reference to local variable by doing string& refText = text; and the A(refText) g++ complains saying I am taking the reference to a local variable. How do I get around this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: Is this a compiler's bug

Slavomir Kaslev wrote: > Take a look at the following code: > > int foobar; > > int func() { > foobar += 1; > return foobar; > } > > int main() { > cout actually 3 2 1. > Howerever, when one rewrites as: > > cout Is this a compiler bug No. In the latter case there are sequence points at the end of each full expression (in this case, that means where the ';' characters are), ensuring that the function calls occur in the order you expect. In the original code, there are no such sequence points, and the compiler is free to make the calls to func() in any order: it will output 1, 2 and 3 in some order, but any of the 3! = 6 orders is acceptable. The order is unspecified by the standard. -- James --- [ comp.std.c++ is moderated. To submit articles, try just posting with ] [ your news-reader. If that fails, use mailto:std-c++@ncar.ucar.edu ] [ --- Please see the FAQ before posting. --- ] [ FAQ: http://www.comeaucomputing.com/csc/faq.html ]
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

compiler warning

Hi the following code gives me the warning "warning: passing 'double' for argument 1 to 'void B::test(int)" class A { public: void test(int a) {} void test(double d) {} }; class B : public A { public: void test(int a) { double d = 0.0; test(d); ---> this line cause the warning. } }; But the function "test(double d)" is inherited by B from A. Why can this function not be resolved.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 10th November 2012
View Replies!

is there a way to tell the compiler that an object exists in adifferent translation unit?

, I have this problem that is driving me crazy! I have a typedef for a singleton object in a file "fileA.h", then I try to use that object in "fileB.h" and then the compiler says that the object ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Where do I download Comeau compiler.

Where can I download Comeau compiler as a trial version
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

This is a wrong code.I just want to know how it affect the compiler,becausethe error message is quite strange.

today I forgot to include some header,then I found the error message by the compiler is quite strange. so I want to know exactly the inner details of the compiler impletation,if possible. and I want to know what does the ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Smart-pointer pimpl and compiler-generated destructors.

I'd like to use pimpl to reduce dependencies as follows: // myClass.h #include class myClass { public: myClass(); private: struct myStruct; std::auto_ptr m_pimpl; }; // myClass.cpp #include "myClass.h" struct myClass::myStruct { // ...details }; myClass::myClass() : m_pimpl(std::auto_ptr(new myStruct())) ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 11th November 2012
View Replies!

prob wid compiler

i dont know y this is happening. but turbo c++ variables intialised in float cant store value 2.8...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Flummoxed by a compiler error

VC++ 2003 fails to compile the following code. I figured it may just be a bug in VC, so I tried with Comeau Online and I get a similar result. Now I am wondering if I've perhaps encountered an oddity ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: compiler error

Art Cummings wrote: > Morning all, > > I'm stuck on a compiler error: I've included the entire error and > the code that is causing it is below. The part of the code that is > creating the error ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: compiler error

Art Cummings wrote: > Morning all, > > I'm stuck on a compiler error: I've included the entire error and > the code that is causing it is below. The part of the code that is > creating > the ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: Boost users please confirm (compiler bug?)

"Vaclav Cechura" wrote: >The AV exception is thrown from boost's thread constructor: >thread::thread() calls thread_param::wait() and it creates a >scoped_lock object that upon destruction calls do_unlock upon >a thread_param internal mutex that got strangely NULL. This is not true ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Embedded Systems, please suggest microcontroller and compiler

I'm doing an embedded systems college project this year. I making a portable device that will take input in the form of simple switches, and give output in the form of LED's. I haven't yet decided whether I'll use C ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How does compiler parse C/C++ declarations?

In C++: 8/4 says: Declarators have the syntax declarator: direct-declarator ptr-operator declarator direct-declarator: declarator-id direct-declarator (parameter-declaration-clause) cv- qualifier-seq (opt) exception-specification(opt) direct-declarator [constant-expression(opt)] ( declarator ) etc. etc. C99 has similar grammar (not the same, but idea is similar). What if ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Are C++ templates a precompiler thing?

Well apparently not since one can step thru template code with a debugger. But if I was willing to make the concession on debugging, templates would be strictly a precompiler thing I have a feeling the answer I'm going to ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 12th November 2012
View Replies!

CPP compiler that implemented the export keyword

Hi all, I need a CPP compiler that implemented the export keyword. Someone told me that EDG (Edison Design Group) CPP compiler does, and the kernel of Intel CPP compiler is the EDG CPP compiler, so I think Intel CPP ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 19th November 2012
View Replies!

a small precompiler question

hey i was wondering what's the difference between the following commands: #ifndef #if !defined looks to be the same or is it ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!