Forum

RECENTLY INDEXED PROGRAMMING SOLUTIONS OF C Language

Searching text file  

Hey guys, I am having some trouble reading a file for a specific string then getting the next two lines of numbers after it. The file would look something like this: Bill12345 6789064528 09342Jeff34872 5890817830 47674Moose12465 0685448736... Continue Reading
Views : 72
Wednesday 19th of September 2012

How to see all ASCII characters on Turbo C++ compiler output window  

I have the following code for which I need to no explanation,the doubt is about the seeing the output of all the 256 characters together or page up - page down manner on output window of Turbo C++ compiler.Here is the code to print the ASCII character.By the way I was told by my teacher... Continue Reading
Views : 26

Help me please  

I wrote this program. I want to divvy up the sentences to the words and store the words in an pointer array. But I got runtime error. Please help me to solve this problem. Thank u... Code: Continue Reading
Views : 68

sigaction structure initialisation  

To initialise structures, instead of using memset() I've got used to doing e.g. Code: struct sockaddr_in serv = {0}; I'm learning about the sigaction() function and ... Continue Reading
Views : 93

Explain this program please  

Code: #includeint main(void){ int i=4,j=-1,k=0,w,x,y,z; w=i||j||k; x=i&&j&& k; y=i||j&&k; z=i&&j||k; printf("\w=%d x=%d y=%d z=%d",w,x,y,z);} I was implementing this code in Pelles C.... Continue Reading
Views : 87

How to remove Segmentation Fault  

The following code can detect a (single) macro name (stored in str1) from a file and store its definition (stored in str2) and then reads the file again to write into a new file, replacing all occurrences of the macro name with its definition. The code when executed gives segmentation fault, please... Continue Reading
Views : 162

New to C Programming, need help in a program  

Hi to all, I'm 17 and from India, studying for the degree of Bachelor in Computer Application. C is one of the subjects. I need help in a program: This is username and password program. Continue Reading
Views : 80

word occurence counter 'forgetting' about already saved word  

The snippets below are from my program that gets words, then prints them with the number of occurences.It works almost fine - it "forgots" that that entry has been saved before and does NOT increment counter associated with that. So I get eg. we - 1 we - 1 we - 1 instead of we - 3. Continue Reading
Views : 105

Brand New to C; First Program and a Couple of Questions  

Hey guys! I'm brand new to C and I'm having a hell of a hard time so far. I'm currently writing one of my first programs for my class and I'm completely suck. We're supposed to write a cash back program where a user enters a dollar amount up to $100 and they get their change back in twenties, tens,... Continue Reading
Views : 72

Raising an Integer to a power  

Hello, I'm currently writing a program that is supposed to raise an integer to a power. However, the output keeps printing as going to infinity rather than the actual number when using the test results. I tried changing the double type to a long double, but it still is not large enough. Earlier when... Continue Reading
Views : 145

Trouble with cos and sin function from math.h  

When I compile my code, it can't find the cos or sin functions. Here are my #include statements. Code: #include #include #include #include #include... Continue Reading
Views : 133

Problem in converting.  

Hi guys. I'm a new member in this forum and I have basic in C, I think. I have a bit problem, to convert from decimal to binary. I only have a bit of idea how it going to work. All I know, user will input a number, for example 255 .the operation will use % until the final... Continue Reading
Views : 192

Help!!! (Malloc for beginners )  

hello everyone!i have an assigment and i dont understand how to write the malloc section. in my input i get names and team names.there's a struc of "info" that points to the struct that contains the name data. i need to use malloc to save all the data and then reuse... Continue Reading
Views : 148

How to rebuild a library  

Hi again! I would like to build upon one of my previous threads ( Continue Reading
Views : 113

C guru help needed URGENT  

I have a program , custom , thats eating cpu cycles by running getttimeofdayi searched around and found a way to load my own library with empty gettimeofday ()it seemed to help as the process is accessing my versionbut now the program hangs and strace shows Continue Reading
Views : 95

C Draft Standards  

For those who are interested, here is a current draft of the C standard, containing C99:A working paper containing the Current ISO C standard incl TC1 and TC2 is available (pdf) Continue Reading
Views : 86

A development process  

Here's a development process I like to use. I'll use a program that counts letters, digits, punctuation, and whitespace in a file as an example. This was an answer to a question, but I was asked to turn it into a thread for reference. This time I'll use color keys too. Blue... Continue Reading
Views : 127

C Book Recommendations  

Use this thread to recommend books on C. Please include a description of what this is book is good for, and not good for, etc... UPDATE By webmaster--below is a listing of the books most commonly recommended in this thread: Continue Reading
Views : 80