Windows 7 Giveway

just found out about this from one of my buddies who got his Windows 7.
Check it out:

Windows7Giveaway.com
Posted On: Tuesday 25th of September 2012 04:07:55 AM Total Views:  103
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Windows 7 / Vista / XP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Windows in the future, and windows a monopoly. Share your thoughts

Windows has been around for as long as we could remember. It's installed in 90% of computers in the world leaving only 9% for mac osx and 1% for linux. I personally think Microsoft came up with great business ideas, such as making deals with every single computer company in the world to have windows installed on their platforms. Xp came out in 2001 and is still the most used operating system in the world. Microsoft had an increasingly high shock price, the same apple is now. Then they got sued for having a monopoly. If you don't know, Microsoft was sued by the government for having a monopoly. Usually, companies have competition, but Microsoft didn't (And still doesn't.) have competition. They stated that people should have a choice, if Microsoft was to expensive to get another operating system, but that just wasn't the case, and still isn't the case which is why there upgrade prices remain so high. Then came windows vista, the fall of Microsoft, like they always say, nothing last forever. Personally, I've never ran into problems with Windows vista, my mother has it installed in her laptop, never an issue, but I'm basing this off reviews I've read off the internet from users. They claimed Windows Vista crashes to often, it isn't stable, it's slower than XP, the only good thing they had to say about windows vista was it original glass design which I like. I personally think they tried to add to many new features in windows vista which caused all these issues. I'm not going to even discuss windows vista SP2, lets move on ahead to windows 7. Personally, although windows 7 isn't my main operating system, I sort-of like it. I mean, it's nothing far from vista, it's just a less annoying version of vista with new aero features in which are very CPU consuming. I don't think windows 7 is worth the 170 dollar upgrade. I know, you could get it cheaper from other places, but I feel Microsoft owed there customers a cheaper price. They want to encourage windows XP users to make the switch, but most won't. Why not you ask Well, most computers users use the computer to browse the internet, and talk to friends etc. Some people can't afford the 170 dollar upgrade, it's just way to expensive for what your getting for your money. Maybe a 50 dollar price tag would've been better... And now as we look at Windows, we wonder where it will be in the future. The stock prices aren't doing to hot, and they plan on coming out with a Windows 8 which they claim will be a huge risk on there part, so I'm left here to wonder, what do they mean by that. Back to my other point, Microsoft is definitely a monopoly. What other choices do you really have. If you want MAC OSX you'll need to purchase a mac, or you could go with linux, but it's free which therefore means Microsoft is a monopoly (Correct me if I'm wrong.) Anyways, where do you think Windows will be in the future Will windows 8 be this huge risk What do you hope to see in windows 8 Do you ever think mac osx or even linux will take windows slot, I personally don't think so, but I'm sparking up a conversation. -Windows7helpguy
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 22nd September 2012
View Replies!

Linux user switches back the windows 7

Well this is not easy for someone who enjoys linux as much as I do but I (keep in mind I have used computer sense the commadore 64) have to admit I have made the switch to back to MS with windows 7. I bought my new dellI 1564 with the intention with converting it to Ubuntu, however, I wanted to road test windows 7 for fun first and well Im in Im hooked...now I will never replace my servers with windows server but as a desktop Im in. Its light, fast and actutlly well done. I like the theme managment and the memory managment even better. Dont get me wrong I still run all my other apps open source (open office, scribus, VLC media player ect). but I like the compatability and with going to collage this will make things allot easier as far as my online classes (I could do it in linux but the set up is not fun). Now don't get me worng windows 7 still has quarks, with permissions and security that are never going to go away. Im not fond of paying 55 bucks a year for ESET (yes I know there is free stuff but this is my computer and I take nothing to chance) with linux I checked for viruses once a month only but I did get carbonite online back up as well and that is a nice feature. long term, I just don't know what the future holds...I hate mac os and linux I have embraced (will always run linux server) but for now will use windows 7. I could talk about my whole history with MS and my stuggles with them (Im an MCSE, A+, network + and novell certified tech) but that would take way to long LOL. Bottom line is MS made a good product....not great......but good. (man this is painful for me to admit) but its healthy LOL
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

guide for differences between windows XP vs. windows 7

guide for differences between windows XP vs. windows 7 I am looking for a site or guide that tell you the differences between these version of windows and I have not found one yet. any one come across anything like this on the internet yet if so send me a link. I know I can go out and get a book on windows 7 but looking for this first
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

windows 7 slower to boot in comparison with ubuntu

Just did a comparison with my Acer 1,7 mhz dual processor 3 gb; OS Ubuntu 9 and my brand new HP dv6 2,3 mhz AMD turion dual processor and 6 gb; OS 64 bit Win7; From boot to 'on the web' (64 bit IE with the HP and Firefox with the Acer) is my windows 7 system no less than 30 seconds SLOWER than my Ubuntu. Also very disappointed with the whole 'vista' experience, I was hoping there would be a completely new lay-out with windows 7 but for me it looks like some specced up Vista... (which was crap anyway). A bit of a bummer if you ask me, other people who share my opinion
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Tiny system windows on 30" screen

Hi , have you ever tried to take a thing, why some system windows {msconfig, etc} is impossible to enlarge It is silly, {and really frustrating}, when I have almost 30" LCD and I have to scroll in both directions in tiny 10 x 15 cm window, without any possibility to scale it up, when I am looking for something. I understand, that 15 years ago, with 14" CRT, there was no need for enlarging... What the hell is wrong Maybe the programmer, who is responsible for this died 10 years ago... Maybe it's Microsoft philosophy...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Locking down windows for public system

, I am putting together a computer system to be used at bars and clubs etc. It is going to contain a piece of software that will be able to run music videos out of it. Basically I want to be able to boot the system into windows 7 and have it appear on the Desktop with my icons. The icons will then be shortcuts to different parts of the software, help manual etc. I want the start menu to be minimal, maybe only have the following. - User Name - My documents - Limited Control Panel - Devices and Printers - Shut down and logoff - And a list of the shortcuts from the desktop --------------------- - I want to disable Right click on the desktop and anywhere inside folders, yet remain inside of software. - Make it so the desktop background cannot be changed. - Maybe a way to disable any display on boot up so the systems Hardware is not displayed, still have the option to boot into Bios, boot menu etc but this is pass worded. No doubt there is allot more I'd like to have locked down, but I'll get into that more later if I can get started on this. Now I have been doing a little reading, only recently started with this area of my development so help will be appreciated. So far all I know is that allot can be done from the 'gpedit.msc' tool but how is this applied to a user account that boots straight up. So an admin account is separate and obviously has everything enabled. From what ive read everythign applied in the gpedit is applied to all users, (work around on this) Have also been told there may be 3rd party software out there that could aid with this Anybody know of anyhting
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

windows media default sound

I'm trying to set up a dual monitor pc to run wmc on a tv. But cannot get wmc to output audio to any other device apart from the default. Is there anyway to run wmc sound to the tv and all other sound to the pc speakers
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Am i able to reinstall windows 7 onto a new harddive in the same computer?

basically i have windows 7 installed on my computer right now. I have the full OS, not the upgrade. I want to upgrade my 320gb harddrive to a larger size. Will i be able to install windows 7 on a new harddrive with out any problem or will Microsoft tell me that the key has allready been used
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 23rd September 2012
View Replies!

Compatibility with windows mobile 6.1

I removed my windows mobile device centre and installed windows 7. Can I now reinstall it and will it work with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 24th September 2012
View Replies!

windows 7 default email

I just got windows 7 and tried windows live email. I tried to change my default email to eudora and also to thunderbird without any luck. Even when I select eudora or thunderbird it always defaults to windows live. Has anyone got a solution
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Favorite links missing in Navigation Pane in windows explorer

There should be an arrow which is used to expand the favorite links in the navigation pane on the left. Interestingly, it shows nothing if i expand the favorites. It was working few days before. Dont know why how this cud happen Could anyone help on that! MANY THANKS!!!!!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit !!!!!!!!!

Hi i have a laptop with 3 gb ram intel pentium dual core and so on. i was wondering if i use 64 bit would it be faster with the 3gb ram then the 32 bit and also software wise which is better in compatibility
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Can not run windows live messenger

I installed a copy of Windows 7 Home Premium on my system wich was running vista sp2 with no problems, and then I went to use live Messenger and it would not load. I install it, I go to run Messenger and it will not load. The "msnmsgr.exe" process appears in the "Processes" tab, but I cannot end the process. Whenever I try to open Messenger again, another process appear but again, the program will not open at all. I can end all the "msnmsgr.exe" processes except the one i opend 1st that is constantly running. Does anybody know how I can fix this and how I can get Messenger up and running Also with the process msnmsgr.exe running my laptop will not turn off it hangs at shut down screen.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Help me with driver audios for windows 7

I need an analog device AD1888 Soundmax Can you give me any link\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

windows 7 cria duas redes uma domestica e outra publica

My Windows 7 creates two networks one domestic and one public, that causes that do not connect to the Internet. How can I permanently eliminate the public network both use the same local area connection, it causes conflict.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Help with windows old and windows 7

what is good and not good to keep after instaling windows 7
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

32 bit vista to 32 bit windows 7 memory problem

. I just upgraded from vista 32 bit to Win 7 32 bit and i am noticing a problem with the memory management. I have 4 Gb in my system, but windows is only using 2GB. I understand that 32 bit systems do not use anything over 4 GB, but when i had vista it used 3.5 GB out of the 4. So why now have i lost 1.5 GB in usable memory when i upgraded to windows 7 Thank you for your help.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 25th September 2012
View Replies!

format windows 7 to reinstall xp

bought a laptop with 7 on it. need to put quickbooks on it but its not supported by windows 7 so have to install xp. what's the best way - format in command prompt/put in xp cd can i even do it on a newer laptop that shipped with 7 any help/instructions would be good. dont really need the windows 7 so going back to xp is not really an issue to me.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Hey quick question about upgrading windows 7 on my laptop

is it worth it to upgrade my laptop from xp to windows 7 I have a HP dv9640us and here are the stats: System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard System Model: HP Pavilion dv9500 Notebook PC BIOS: Ver 1.00PARTTBL Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5250 @ 1.50GHz (2 CPUs) Memory: 2046MB RAM Display Devices --------------- Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS Manufacturer: NVIDIA Chip type: GeForce 8600M GS DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC Display Memory: 512.0 MB Is it worth updating to 7 or would my laptop run too slow on it and I'm better off with xp I would also like to know that any of the games or programs I run on my laptop also be affected be the update. I'm a college student I like to be able to be diverse and blow steam off by playing games but at the same time have a machine worthy of running some of the recent games adequately and still be able to do all my homework with Microsoft office. Any info you can give me at all would be much appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

windows 7 about

Dear - who get the original Windows 7 after 22nd October . can upload the about windows . like this picture .
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!