Win 7 always starts on E: partition instead of C:

I have a triple boot system from a single hard drive with 3 partitions. Vista Home Premium 32 bit is in the first partition, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit is in the second partition and Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit is in the third partition. When I boot Windows 7 pro it always shows up as drive E:. The other two installations boot in C: as expected. I cannot figure out a way to force Win 7 pro to start in C:. Can anyone help

This doesn't usually cause a problem except that I'm trying to install some software that is searching for a file on C: rather than the current drive.
Posted On: Friday 21st of September 2012 11:24:32 PM Total Views:  207
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Windows 7 / Vista / XP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Are SD/mmc readers compatible with windows 7 64 bit?

Everything in my system is coming up compatible on the microsoft website. I installed 64 bit 2 days ago and got constant BSOD. I reformatted to 32 bit (couldn't take it). I did some research on my hardware, and only thing i have not found info about is my SD card reader. It's a pretty big drive with an attached usb. Just wondering if I disable this would 64 bit work
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 18th September 2012
View Replies!

[UPDATE] Compter screeb wont even turn on after windows update. PLease healp!

I have an HP pavilion entertainment PC (hp pavilion dv4). Well my lap top needed and update one day and i pressed okay but the problem is that once it shutdown it would not even turn on. I mean the laptop would turn on but not the screen I tried doing the power option meaning i held the power button for 30 secs then 60 secs after it didn't work. i removed the battery and all that. I cant even do safe mode start up because the screen is black. no even the logo windows shows up. I connected it to a monitor but nothing. The caps and the scroll button turn on and off after a few secs then again. I have a huge 15 page paper due and it's in here, please tel me someone can help. I'm freaking out!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

[INFO] window7 and window xp

If you lose if the computer equipment installed windows xp windows7 what consequences As this note. R88 11.6 inch Windows XP TFT Screen Mini Laptop Notebook Intel Atom N450 Red
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

I want my programs to open up in my window. MS stop sucking.

Win7 has a about 50-75 problems, yet instead of MS spending time fixing it, they made an even worse OS (win8). MS trolling us ....Why is it so hard for win7 to open up applications in the active window Its the window im using, its the window that launched the app, yet MS feels the need to open up the app in a misc window with an app that I cant easily move over (aka: either a TV that is off, or a projector that is off)... WTF Open my god damn stuff in the god damn window that I launched it from. how hard is that WTF I cant even begin to imaging what MS was thinking. Stupid ms programmer idiot 1: , lets have apps open up in whatever window that they were last open in. Stupid ms programmer idiot 2: Ok, um sure that wont ever cause issues. Stupid ms programmer idiot 1: I cant imagine how it can Its funny, I used to always defend MS at all cost. At one point I even indirectly worked for MS. Now I have so much anger towards them.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 19th September 2012
View Replies!

Local Administrator cannot install any program in windows 7

Local Administrator cannot install any program in windows 7. I use Ultimate version since 1 + year and never had the problem before. But last 1 month onwards this problem has started. Like Cannot install Java / Firefox 15 etc.. the error says that the location where the TEMP files are to be created "does not have access". Please help and
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Print window triggered by e-mail link

After getting used to working with Windows Live Mail, a problem started as I would click on a link inside the e-mail, that normally would automatically open a browser window leading to more info on the e-mail topic. 2 weeks ago, when I'd click on a link in the e-mail, a Word document would open instead of a browser window. So I uninstalled Microsoft Office 2010 version and thought that would solve the problem. Then a few days later, when I'd click a link again in an e-mail, the window opened to print, on all links of every e-mail that should have opened browsers. I noticed that I still had Windows Office 2007, so I uninstalled it also, but am left with the print window opening whenever I click a link in an e=mail. Any suggestions Thank you
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Windows was unable to create a new system partition

I'm doing a fresh install on windows 7, instead of a disk it's on a thumb drive I have a 500 GB Partition I want to install windows to I went through setup and formatted the disk when I try to continue with the installation and get this error. "Windows was unable to setup a new system partition or find an existing one. See installation log"
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

image for restoring windows 7

everybody! I'm searching for a way of restoring windows 7 with all the software I need already installed, instead of re-install windows from the beginning and the install again all my programs. It should be easy, but it's not! Once I format, re-install windows 7 and install all my software, one of these things happens: if I set a restore point everything seems ok, but when restore time comes, my restore poit is disappeared, or, if I can see it, after everything is done and rebooted, system tells me something like "impossible to complete the restore process" and so nothing is done, so I have to re-install everithing manually. Instead, if I use the windows tool for creating a restore CD/DVD, when I boot from such CD/DVD, i can't see anything that refers to the time i created the disk. In the endm, every time I have to format my PC (I use to do this about once every 6 months), I install all my software by hand and then I say: "Now I want to make sure that next time I have to restore, i will not have to install everything"... but actually I never cn do this, and i ALWAYS have to intall everything by hand! Anyone can help me, please
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

HOW long does reactvation to windows 7 last

HOW long does reactvation to windows 7 last. ACTUALLY I used win 7 for years before activation even with all the nuisances.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

windows 7 networking

hello all.. hope someone can help me with this problem,i have a network of about 5 windows 7 professional machines,and one has this problem that it sees all other machines but it, cannot be seen itself...you cannot even ping its address from the other machines...its unreachable and yet it can connect to the internet...i have tried giving it different IP addresses but the same problem persist....someone please come to my rescue..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

[WiFi] Internet is not loading the requested website even though my laptop is showing connected to WIFI

Recently i bought a new samsung laptop (NP300E5Z-S08IN). I am using WIFI router as medium for browsing internet. My laptop is showing it is connected to WIFI router. But Browser (tried with all browsers IE7,Chrome,Firefox) is not loading the requested webpages even after a hour of request. With the same WIFI router, i can able to browse in my another laptop, there is no problem with WIFI router. I'm not understanding why i could not able to browse in my new laptop. I doono whether it is a s\w problem or h\w problem or configuration problem in laptop. Can you plese let me know how i can solve this issue.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Location is not availabe, is not accessable, Access denies on windows 7 and Vista

I have a strange problem that is just occurred about a week before, my problem is I have a domain name and every computer (almost 50) and users are listed in active directory. About a week before when i tried to attach usb on one of the laptop (having windows 7 ultimate attached with domain), it is showing the icon but when i hit to enter it comes with following message with Location is not available, Title: Location is not available, Message F: is not accessible, Access is denied. When i login with system admin or with domain admin or with local machine users, it allows me the access but it only denies with all other domain users. I tried following options. I tried to add user as ownership of usd drive but it does not allow me to do that. I tried to give administrator previllages to some of users and tried but same problem access is denied. On Active Directory everything is ok, no access problems. I have Kespersky antivirus and nothing is blocked there. I have checked my USB(s) for viruses and other threats, and even i formatted usb but same access denied message. I also used one of the utility lockhunter and it also comes with error that no path for the process and can not unlock. I also repaired windows and it comes with no error. Please suggest solution for this problem, as problem seems little but it getting most of my time and I am still unable to sort it out. This problem is only occurring on one laptop having win 7 ultimate and one of the systems having vista, rest on other system having any windows(XP, win 7 and vista) things are running fine. I am facing this problem for all removable devices
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

win7 printing to a HP 2500C PRINTER

I was using XP and now using 7 and my HP2500c printer will not work> Is there a work around to get it working. I also have a Designjet 500 same thing what do I need to do. Can't afford new stuff
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

windows 7 ultimaye still rocks

Thank you Bill Gates for being a great human being as my Windows 7 build 7100 ultimate is still fully functional and is the work horse of my computing life. Yes that is correct..Build 7100 that I made to function without the two hour shutdown and Aero is still fully active. not giving away my work around but let me say this though, windows 7 is way superior to the windows 8 development preview I have running on my desktop with the metro apps and hoping Microsoft does a complete better job with the W 8 beta release as W 8 is really designed for touchscreen technology. never the less, my W 7 is great and it works with everything available and the resource demand from anything I download, weather it be third party software is still 3% demand across all platforms, and that's a far cry from W 8 which averages 30% draw continually, and Monzilla Firefox is a complete disaster with it's ever changing builds as it continues to get worst in connection and performance. I do miss the fact that my version of 7 will not let me upgrade to Explorer 9 or 10, but I could alter the build number, but that's another story. I received an email from the forum, stating I was missed, and I don't know why, but I say today to ,
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Is their away i can save my favorite from windows 32 and put it in windows 64bit?

I have Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit and I having a friend build me a New Rig and I am getting Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit and I was wondering is their a way the i can save my favorites In the 32bit to move to 64bit. Without having to write them all down Roger
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 20th September 2012
View Replies!

what does the win 7 network troubleshooter do?

Does any one Know what the windows 7 network troubleshooter actually do I'm looking for a detailed description or any links to point me in the right direction would be great. I'm also looking for where the script for it is located.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

windows update conspiracy

I have had windows 7 installed from an OEM disk for about 6+ months. I have always had auto updates disabled. last night I shutdown the computer just to find 98 updates being installed. I was just a little disappointed, for a couple of reasons. one reason is it seems to take longer to boot after updates have been installed. Two I liked manually updating hardware. Three ISP's threshold limited bandwidth. I am the only user of this pc so no one re enabled it. The only thing I can figure is that the night before last, I installed windows live mail 2011 for the first time. So the Microsoft software decided for me that I needed to have auto updates turned on. Without even a warning it was going to be done. Now I may be totally wrong about this because I have not found a log when the change took place. But due to the spike in bandwidth, which just about broke my threshold, happen yesterday. Windows live mail was installed just before seems reasonable to me. As much as I like windows 7 this kind of behavior always bugs me. Makes me wonder if they can log on to my system and do what ever they want. I know its a conspiracy! ttb
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Is win7 Locket by Geographic location of purchase?

I remember with XP on my laptop i purchased in England where i live, however spent a few months abroad for work reasons & got a notice from Microsoft stating my OS was not Genuine & the key as been blocked because its not for the Geographic location i was using it in & it took some hours on the phone to explain things & have it un locked. With windows 7 Ultimate will i be limited by location also As i have 3 laptops with Win7 Ultimate on them purchased within the UK but will be going to the USA for 7 months with all 3 Laptops so i don't want to have the same problems as i did with xp.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 21st September 2012
View Replies!

window7 on vista

Everyone, I have an ____________________________________________ HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC, AMD Turion(tm) X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-74 2.20 GHz RAM 4,00 GB OS 64 bits Windows Vista Home Premium 2007 Service pack 2 Disk (C 451 GB RECOVERY (D 14 GB _____________________________________________ I'd like to try Window7, but I'm not an expert so hope someone can help me Have some question: 1) can i have window7 for free 2) can I use the RECOVERY partition or create a new one to save basic programs I have and then install window7 3) is there any link that explain how to make this two operations or can you give me an help doing this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

[DRIVERS] USB driver for samsung tacco lite wont work and wont let me upload pictures on a window's 7 system?

, I'v been trying to download the Pc studio for the samsung tacco lite, on the disk it says its only compatible with vista, windows 2000 and windows xp, however it did downloaad the actuall PC studio. the problem i'v come to face is the USB device driver wont work and let the PC studio find the phone when searched. I'v tried manually searching and i'v tried configuring it but it still wont work. It says there is no phone connected in the slots (which you need the USB driver download for) however, i'v even uninstalled and reinstalled and it still won't work. any ideas is there a disk i need for the PC studio to let me use the Studio on window's 7 or do i need to download anything.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!