What should it be called

Hi ,

Well, there are a few names floating around, Vienna, Seven, etc Windows 7.0. So, I thought I'd ask you, what name do you like the most Or can you think of a name that they should use

For myself, Windows 7 sounds fine to me.

Or, perhaps Windows GT. :P
Posted On: Saturday 6th of October 2012 02:05:23 AM Total Views:  228
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Windows 7 / Vista / XP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

What OS should I get?

, my Windows 7 won't work properly (Random freeze followed by whitescreen.) and no one helps me with that soo.. What OS should I get now (When I used XP I did not get any of these errors, IT IS NOT because of old system because mine is fairly new) XP or Vista
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 21st September 2012
View Replies!

Reasons why you should love Windows 7 (even if you love XP just like i did)

Hi everybody out there. I just really wanted to post this article/thread about why you should love Windows 7. I'm born XP fan, and after Windows 7 came out, and i wanted a new PC, i was 100% sure i wanted Windows XP for everything, because XP is the OS i have had most best experience with (and very bad experience with Windows Vista ). But my brother told me i should try Windows 7 - just try it out for his sake - and so i did. I am SO happy i tried it out, because it is really a amazing OS. It's not only fast, but compatible, secure and less annoying than Vista or EVEN XP is. I first got Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit on my brand new MM-Vision laptop (danish brand) and works perfectly, everything is just working 100% without problems, and compatible with every software. Nothing to complain about, as it is a brand new computer, and everything should just work. Last week i got Windows 7 on my old Inspirion 1525 who also had Windows XP installed, and i was amazed that Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit worked perfectly on it. As i did in the "old" days when i needed to reinstall it (as i did a couple of times) i always had to remember to install a lot of network (Wireless/LAN), grapich and all kind of drivers. But amazingly Windows 7 did all this for me. I just popped the Windows 7 installation CD in, and after about 30-35 minutes the old drive(harddisk) was formated and filled with brand new Windows 7. I configured it easily just like Windows XP (even faster and more "pain"-less). It restarted and boom - i could surf around the internet already without installing any drivers from dell manually. I was even testing my webcam, and amazlingly the "Dell Webcam Manager" software popped up (and i have NO idea why or how it got it, because the Windows 7 i got was not from dell, and had nothing to do with it). So i reinstalled my Inspirion 1525 faster than i ever reinstalled a computer, without having to install boring drivers or so. I also just 2 days ago reinstalled my Dell Studio with Windows Vista to Windows 7 - as perfect as on my Inspirion! So here are some good reasons to love Windows 7 more than you'll probbaly love Windows XP. It's more faster than Windows XP, it's not just something i say. Even you think the Aero design should take a lot of your CPU - well - it doesn't.It automaticly installs your drivers (the most common at least, like network/LAN/etc) - which XP doesn't. Not to mention it takes around 30-40 minutes ONLY (or less) to reinstall it.It's not as annoying as Windows Vista is with all the security and administrator privileges if you ever tried it out. You might have to allow a specific program to be runned as administrator (which is pretty understandable) but you only need to click once It's as easy to understand as Windows XP is. There's a lot of other articles about smart things you can do with Windows 7, so I'm not going to post it all here. But i could recommend this review: YouTube - Windows 7 Review. I recommend Windows 7 for you, as i really ONLY experienced good things with this OS. Remember, i was an incarnated Windows XP user, and could never dream about having anything else - but i took the chance and as i already told, i never regretted my choice. If you have to chance to choose Windows 7 then DO IT! XP will be outdated within a couple of years.. I will update the thread as i see fit.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 22nd September 2012
View Replies!

What Version should I buy?

Hi I am not sure what version I should buy windows 7 home premium or windows 7 pro edtion. I am running xp pro right now but I am not sure if windows 7 pro edtion is worth the extra money from the charts I seen its mostly like encryption they add and remote desktop and stuff like that what I prob would not use anyways. What I run most of the time and I am most concerned about is will premium come with the option to install IIS Then should I get 64bit or 32bit I am kinda scared my stuff won't work or my programs I use won't work.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 29th September 2012
View Replies!

Games menu should be more like Pictures/Music etc

The games menu item is not as flexible as the Pictures, Music and Documents menu items. It seems to be more hardcoded into the system. A few things I noticed: -Right-clicking on Games in the windows menu doesn't show the same options as the Documents, Pictures, and Music menu items. For example there is no properties menu item. I found this extremely useful for the other menu items as I like change the default folders to search in other areas. There is also no option not to show games in the navigation pane. This can be done with Music etc. -Games is not a library just like Music and Document and Pictures. I guess what this means is that I have no way of adding games. Anywhere in the system I can right-click on a folder and choose to add to library for Pictures etc. For games if I don't install a game in windows, it will not add it to the games menu item. A lot of games aren't necessarily installed through windows. Also if I choose to 'Hide this Game' from the games menu I have no idea how to get it back. I guess instead of adding a folder though you would right-click on an exe... -I don't really want microsoft as my gaming provider. I don't want gaming providers at all actually. It just clutters up the menu when you open it. Also if you are a gaming provider why not include games other than things like backgammon and cards. I'm a gamer, I like real games not the type that are free with windows. Everytime I install windows I have to go through the hassle of removing a bunch of games I'll never play. Again this assumes you fix the issues above. Basically as a user I want to be able to customize the games menu item. Otherwise it is of no use to me and I'm just going to find a way to remove it completely. If you can't fix all the issues above at least allow it to be removed from the start menu...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 1st October 2012
View Replies!

Dual screen monitor setup...

I was happy to see that when I installed windows 7 it automatically recognized my dual monitor setup - I could move things monitor to monitor, they were not just "cloned" My pet peave though is I can't change the wall paper on each monitor seperatly, I must use the same one for both of them, and I can;t stretch 1 wallpaper across both. I used to use Ultramon to do this in XP - But alas, does not work with Windows 7 Has anyone found a solution to this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

Installing both 32 and 64 bit

I'd like to play with both versions, is there a way I can partition my hard drive and install both systems on each partition and run them
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

I found this site named GetWin7.com. Seems Legit, is it?

I found this site named GetWin7.com. It seems to have a pretty good amount of download links, and I heard they are adding more today Download seems to be going fast, about 50% done with my download. Maybe some of you should check it out
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

Speed 64 bit

It seams that the 7000 realese runs slower that the pre realese 6801 and the 69xx but I am shure that will change with every update . Still one xxxx of a O/S. Thomas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

No handwriting for other languages??

On all my computer, i install the included language packs (mainly keyboard layouts, but more than that comes with it) for Spanish, French, and recently, Japanese, when I decide i want to try writing / practice in the few japanese kanji and hiragana that I know. In win 7, however, it seems like only english is allowed to use the writing pad\t spanish, french, and japanese give me only the on screen keyboard; writing pad is greyed out / disabled. The only way i can write 私, for example, is to show the language bar, click IME pad, draw in the box, and then click the icon for the correct charater to insert. that makes no sense of course. It seems capalbe of understand my japanese writing and will show its guesses....so why can't i use the writing pad if you dont know about this, please try installing any language and see if you can use writing pad. i wonder if it's just not fully-implemented yet or something.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

This may not be a feature but, it should be

I see Microsoft finally got rid of the delete the trashcan in the right click of the Recycle Bin. Thank you Microsoft for this, it was not a good thing to have that there in the first place.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

Should I get the 32bit or 64bit?

I'm currently running the 32 bit Windows 7 beta on my laptop. It's running really well so far, and I'm wondering if it will run even better on the 64 bit version. My laptop is an Acer Aspire 5735, Intel Pentium Dual-Core 2ghz processor, 2GB DDR2 RAM, with an Intel Media Accelerator 4500M graphics card. Would the 64 bit Windows run better or worse input is appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

partition for dual boot

i don't have a lot of experience with multiple partitions, i don't really have a use for them. i'd like to try Windows 7 on a seperate partition. i have 2x 250 WD HDs in my computer, but i'd like to use my primary since it has Vista and the other is for storage only. also theres only about 60GB left on the storage drive while the main drive has over 100GB left. can i partition my Main drive in half, with Vista on one partition and Windows 7 on the other will i get the boot choice in DOS when booting up
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

32bit and 64bit

Please! don't do the 32bit version! I know that there are some hardwares that won't work with 64bit Windows, but if Microsoft keep releasing a 32bit version the hardware makers would just make 32bit compatible drivers. My general problem is that I use After Effects, I have 4GB of RAM and can't add more RAM because it Windows 32bit can't use it. Can't buy Windows 64bit because many of my hardware won't come with 64bit compatible drivers. And I'm not talking about a webcam, Is about heavy printing machine and video cards, sound cards etc. I'm sure that Windows 7 will be much heavier than Vista and would need about 4GB just for the OS, I wouldn't be ok to limit a max of 4GB.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

Windows 7 won't have compatability issues

From wikipedia: You've let us know you don't want to face the kinds of incompatibility challenges with the next version of Windows you might have experienced early with Windows Vista. As a result, our approach with Windows 7 is to build off the same core architecture as Windows Vista so the investments you and our partners have made in Windows Vista will continue to pay off with Windows 7. Our goal is to ensure the migration process from Windows Vista to Windows 7 is straightforward. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_7#Focus
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

So who has it?

Just wondering who has a copy of Windows 7 installed (You don't have to say where you got it) Also, what builds do you have, or have you had Personally, I've had 6.1.6519.1 (M1 6519), 6.1.6574.1 (M1 R2-6574), 6.1.6780.1 (M3-6780) [Though I never installed this one] and now I have 6.1.6801.0 (PDC M3-6801) installed.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

Registry keys should be dated

Here is a point to debate: I have often wanted to know when a particular registry key has been added or even modified. Several times, over successive operating systems, I have asked for these two fields to be added to each key. Unquestionably, there are going to be size and access issues but I think they are irrelevant alongside knowing â\t\twhenâ\t\t\t something was changed. What do the members think
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

Stop calling it Windows Vienna and Windows Blackcomb

Calling it that is like calling Windows Vista Windows longhorn, Microsoft is no longer using that name. It's officially Windows 7, so should quit calling it other names.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 6th October 2012
View Replies!

Stop calling it Seven

The working name for the next version of Windows is Windows 7. It's starting to annoy me when people call it Windows Seven, Windows "Seven", Seven, "Seven", Windows "7", 7, "7", Windows Codename 7, etc.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Multitouch

http://windowsviennahr.xphpbb.com/viewtopic.phpt=50
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!