W7 (all versions) probs with Windows Experience Indicator (WEI) run WINSAT formal

Hi
Just in case you have problems with any version of Windows 7 and running the Windows Experience index (WEI) from the control panel it will sometimes work in Command Level mode (and then you can see the results as per normal in the control panel).

Run a command prompt (in elevated mode) -- i.e select command prtompt from accessories, right mouse click and select run as administrator.

Then run the following command winsat formal

This often works where the "standard method" from the control panel fails.

Cheers

jimbo
Posted On: Wednesday 3rd of October 2012 06:27:01 AM Total Views:  120
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Windows 7 / Vista / XP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

[INFO] window7 and window xp

If you lose if the computer equipment installed windows xp windows7 what consequences As this note. R88 11.6 inch Windows XP TFT Screen Mini Laptop Notebook Intel Atom N450 Red
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 18th September 2012
View Replies!

Window7

What's the difference between the upgrade and full versions of Windows 7 Afshispeaks
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 19th September 2012
View Replies!

window7 on vista

Everyone, I have an ____________________________________________ HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC, AMD Turion(tm) X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-74 2.20 GHz RAM 4,00 GB OS 64 bits Windows Vista Home Premium 2007 Service pack 2 Disk (C 451 GB RECOVERY (D 14 GB _____________________________________________ I'd like to try Window7, but I'm not an expert so hope someone can help me Have some question: 1) can i have window7 for free 2) can I use the RECOVERY partition or create a new one to save basic programs I have and then install window7 3) is there any link that explain how to make this two operations or can you give me an help doing this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 21st September 2012
View Replies!

is w7 backup any good?

I have just got w7 and was wondering whether to use it's backup, I was using norton ghost 15 and there was to many bugs not like previous versions that I,v used for years with xp and win 98. Can I back up ALL my complete os including all apps and return w7 to exactly the way it was every byte Has any one used w7 backup if so whats the best way to use it so if possible you can return everything just the way it was.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 22nd September 2012
View Replies!

geting backed up files from w7 to vista

hey all ive installed vista back becuase i have been having probles with vireses and worm holes ive backed up all from windows 7 and whant to get the files from the backup to be restorde to vista but how do i get the files to be put on as the back up drive doesnt show up on the list because its a newer then vista and a there is there a program to restore the file from a new system. can eny on help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 26th September 2012
View Replies!

details please of running xp on w7

hello, Would some one please tell me if when running virtual Xp on W7 if: XP is using its own drivers or W7 drivers XP is limited to using 3 GB or less memory of the available memory XP can run on a 64bit version of W7. XP is partitioned separately from W7 XP has a speed loss running in virtual.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th September 2012
View Replies!

Language capability in Win 7 versions?

In MS's description of the differences between the versions of Windows 7, under the Ultimate version they say, "switch between any of 35 languages", and suggest that if you need language capability use should use the "Ultimate" version. In my current "Home Premium" and "Professional" versions of Vista and XP, I have the ability install different input language keyboards in a language bar, that allows me to switch to say, a Japanese input keyboard. Will this capability continue in Home pPremium and Professional versions of Windows 7, or will I now need to buy the more expensive Ultimate version to be able to input (type) Japanese
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th September 2012
View Replies!

6 Planned versions of windows 7

Open letter to Microsoft: It's time for a single version of Windows | Between the Lines | ZDNet.com
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 30th September 2012
View Replies!

Are theyre any wireless cards that work with w7?

all, I know its a beta, and I now its for testing, but I have a usb wireless card by sprint, they told me they don't have drivers for windows 7 yet (crap) so after reading a lot of forumns with people who have the same problems and not seeing any of them getting helpful answers, are theyre any wireless cards that do work with windows 7 any at all\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 1st October 2012
View Replies!

Haing Problems with Win 7 Drivers please help

Hi , I installed windows 7 about a week ago i have been looking for the best drivers for win 7. Now i got the driver 185. I am getting game crashers and flickers in game and it starting to piss me off . Please help me. My Card 8800GTS 512 G92 Chip I have been told some drivers are better than the 185 for win 7 but no idea. It just the flickers and game crashers that the only problems i get in CSS
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 1st October 2012
View Replies!

Problems with aero

Hi , Maybe here someone can help me.... I have problems with windows aero feature. In the middle of software installation process this thing just disappears (couple of times with different programs, only clean reinslall helps). Only glass themes remains, but the rest (how windows opens f.e.) is the same as windows xp. Troubleshooting doesnt find anything. RC downloaded from microsoft. Swiching to 7 from xp, not vista, so this thing new to me. Can someone tell me, how to turn on this. Thank you in advance.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 1st October 2012
View Replies!

Vista Windows Mail WORKS in W7 (both versions). Here's how

Hi all If you are like me and HATE webmail based stuff you can still use the VISTA Windows Mail in both 64 and 32 bit versions. (If you have OUTLOOK then you don't need to do this). Also an advantage with this is that you can get your old VISTA email into W7 without any problems. what you do is 1) Take ownership of your W7 program files or program files (x86) windows mail folder and delete contents. 2) copy the Windows mail folder from your VISTA machine to the same folder in W7. 3) create a shortcut link to winmail.exe in the folder. 4) set up / copy your email account settings. enjoy. (Note in the x-86 version use program files (x86) If you don't have the VISTA email program -- I can PM them to you -- not sure on attaching the files here as VISTA is a licensed microsoft program. Enc screenshot of Windows Mail in W7. cheers jimbo
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 1st October 2012
View Replies!

Minor problems with W7 RC...

Here's a list of problems I'm having with the new W7 RC 64 bit & IE 8 ........ 1. CNN website won't show videos, works fine with Firefox. 2. CBS website video's won't enlarge to full screen, works fine with Firefox. 3. AVG wouldn't set up for me. Set up package wouldn't open up. 4. Avast A-V messed up my internet connection with Yahoo. Can't get on the internet untill I remove Avast and restore W7. 5. Nod 32 seems to be working but doesn't recognize my name and password and won't upgrade. 6. W7 doesn't shut down properly. It goes to the shut down page and stays there until I do a hard shut down. Other than the above problems, W7 RC has been working great for me, and seems to be rock solid.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 1st October 2012
View Replies!

Dual boot with two hard drives

I have XP on one drive and 7 on the other. To change the drive I boot to I go into the Bios/Setup and move the XP or 7 drive up to the top of the boot list. Is there anyway I can get it to stop on boot up so I can pick my drive Something like when you have two OSā\t\t\ts on one drive, each on there own partition I'm new here so and
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
View Replies!

User Interface problem with new Taskbar

The new taskbar has some great features, Aero Peek and Jump Lists are two things I really like. However, here is the big problem lets say I have a few chat windows open and they're all hidden behind another window (lets say Firefox) If someone sends me a message the chat icon flashes to notify me that a window requires my attention so far so good. Then I click on the flashing program icon and this is where the screw up is.... Rather than the application opening up onto the window that requires my attention, I'm presented with the aero peek thumbnail windows and have to visually see the one that is flashing and then click on the thumbnail to activate it! So from XP/Vista days, my chat window would flash in the task bar and I would click it and voila my chat window would appear! (unless of course I was using grouped windows, which I wouldnt because I would turn it off as its naff) So Win 7 has now made getting to your required window longer than it was before! good work microsoft, backward step in usability!!! The way it should work is Click the icon it loads the active window (or just shows all windows for that application) Hover over the icon and it shows aero peek thumbnails Is that too hard to do
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
View Replies!

msn search bar wont work with wind 7

sience i installed wind 7 i canot use my msn,searchbar on top of the page. i used to tipe a search where the http adress goes and went to other pages. now it wont show the visited adresses or search from it. i have to go to my home page so i can do a new search using the lower msn search bar to search in the internet. can somebody help me fix this problem
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
View Replies!

How much do you think all versions of windows 7 will cost

Title says it all (British pounds) Home starter =75 Home premium = 150 pro = 200 enterprize = 250 ultimate = 300 - 350 This is my opinion - not offical microsoft
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Probs on laptop with X-64 build 7068. Gone back to build 7048.

1) BIG BIG problem -- any time I try to connect to a WIRED LAN I get COMSURROGATE Error -- flashes too quick to capture it and then the network manager just shows the really helpful message "Unspecified error" - screen shot attached. I MUST have LAN so this is a Showstopper. Device manager shows network card driver is working fine. 2) If you do an IPCONFIG with wired LAN system loops -- never comes out of network manager until re-boot. 3) Wireless card -- works but gives very "jerky" screens when browsing the Internet (might also be due to graphics / chipset problem). 4) Wireless only shows 54 mbs when router is 108 mbs. 5) Random crashes with INTEL 965 chipset drivers. 6) WEI crashes at Video accelerator detection ( sure this is due to Intel chipset drivers). I've had to revert back to build 7048 on the laptop. (On a desktop 7068 X-64 works fine no probs encountered). I probably could sort out the chipset drivers but the WIRED LAN problem is a 100% show stopper -- I MUST have a wired LAN connection working and can't always use USB / PCI express cards for this. Cheers jimbo
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Download Firefox without using IE

So.... Microsoft will give you the option to turn off IE8 in W7 .... and this is agood news for me, as i never use IE, not even to download Firefox So here is how to get Firefox without IE in fresh install of windows 7 1. Run (as administrator) Command Prompt (just type cmd in start search, right click cmd icon and select Run as administrator) 2. Type ftp -A releases.mozilla.org 3. Now you can at any time list all folder files using dir command, then you can change directory using the cd command 3. Change directory to firefox version you want (example: cd pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/3.0.7/win32/en-US/) 4. Type binary 5.Now the fun part (get it), type dir to know the name of the app, type get "Firefox Setup 3.0.7.exe" to get it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!