Upgrade, then IE8 has no connection

Good Day,

I did an upgrade on wife's laptop tonight, everything went smoothly, or seemingly so. But trying to connect to the internet, IE8 won't connect. I know there is a valid wireless connection because I am on it as I type on a desktop using that same wireless connection.

Here is the odd part...with Vista, Microsoft did several updates in the last few months where they forced IE8 onto her laptop, and every time IE8 was installed, I had to go back and do a system restore before that update back to IE7.

With the upgrade to Windows 7, that looks unlikely to do a system restore, LOL.

Any and all help would be appreciated.
Posted On: Monday 24th of September 2012 03:07:13 AM Total Views:  87
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Windows 7 / Vista / XP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

"Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute."

I ended processes such as lsm.exe and a prompt came up telling me what Windows has encountered a critical problem and that it will restart in one minute. Even though the process has ended (and remains closed), Windows OPERATES PERFECTLY FINE AND NORMALLY. Why does Windows have to shut down when I am ending something that is not necessary for operation of the system I am wondering if there is a way to prevent the shutting down / automatic restarting of Windows when a "critical" system process has ended The computer runs better with this garbage turned off and Windows is having hissy fits for no reason.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 19th September 2012
View Replies!

FUNNY! Who has ever made the mistake of leaving the film on video card the first with hardware?

I made this mistake on Christmas 2011, i could smell it in 2012. Luckily, i found it and my GTX550Ti runs great. The fan on it cools the card and my foot when it is beside the computer! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Windows is not authentic anymore!

Hi everybody! First of all, english is not my first language lol so please be indulgent 1 month before i changed my processor, RAM and alimentation. some weeks after windows added a black screen in background and said : windows is not authentic anymore please re-type the key or buy another. i was like WTF is that!! i re-type my key and it didn't work! what do i have to do \t please help me! it says Security Essentials will be over after 25 days pleaseeeeee! Septik
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Microsoft purchases Skype

Skype buy was a Microsoft tax dodge Ballmer gets a win win scenario says analyst A financial analyst has said that Microsoft's $8.5 billion buy of Skype is a tax dodge and the US taxpayer will end up paying for half the bill. Larry Elkin, of Palisades Hudson, said that Microsoft's agreement to buy Skype for $8.5 billion may turn out to be a bad bargain but it was corporate genius for Vole's shy and retiring CEO Steve Ballmer.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 21st September 2012
View Replies!

Is win7 Locket by Geographic location of purchase?

I remember with XP on my laptop i purchased in England where i live, however spent a few months abroad for work reasons & got a notice from Microsoft stating my OS was not Genuine & the key as been blocked because its not for the Geographic location i was using it in & it took some hours on the phone to explain things & have it un locked. With windows 7 Ultimate will i be limited by location also As i have 3 laptops with Win7 Ultimate on them purchased within the UK but will be going to the USA for 7 months with all 3 Laptops so i don't want to have the same problems as i did with xp.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

need help with remote desktop connection win 7 home

can not see home button on pc i connect to
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Watch where you purchase things on the Internet

There are sites out there where ine can get burned and I got burned. So just letting you know. I will not name the site unless I get permission to but, it was really nice well set up site just about like Windows 7 Forums. Except this one sold software only. Naturally I purchased a week and have not heard anything since. They don't answer my emails and they don't answer the phone. So, yep I probably got burned to the the tune of $70.00. Oh, I used a gift card so I am not yet sure how that will work. And the site is in Canada. Thats a whole other issue I face.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 22nd September 2012
View Replies!

Window 7 Purchase Question for open opinions.....

A good friend of mine gave me a copy of win 7 Ult. 32 bit to try out on my laptop (its not fast enough to run 64bit). Anyway, I installed it on a new hard drive that i had and I think it great, I've used the extension for running it for 120 days. My issue, since I have the win 7 Ult. already installed on a HDD should I just purchase a product key for it ($100 cheapest I found) or purchase win 7 pro disk (oem or full version $124 found online). I guess my main issue is since I already have it installed, I would like to just activate it with a new product key and keep on truckin'. On the other hand, a clean in stall, a full version or oem disk...major debate, price is about the same......anyone have an opinion on my issue.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Window 7 Purchase Question.....

A good friend of mine gave me a copy of win 7 Ult. 32 bit to try out on my laptop (its not fast enough to run 64bit). Anyway, I installed it on a new hard drive that i had and I think it great, I've used the extension for running it for 120 days. My issue, since I have the win 7 Ult. already installed on a HDD should I just purchase a product key for it ($100 cheapest I found) or purchase win 7 pro disk (oem or full version $124 found online). I guess my main issue is since I already have it installed, I would like to just activate it with a new product key and keep on truckin'. On the other hand, a clean in stall, a full version or oem disk...major debate, price is about the same......anyone have an opinion on my issue.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Win 7 connection to Win XP problem

I have a mix bag of XP and Win 7 Home os running on my wireless network. Since I've loaded 7 on a couple of my computers, the XP computers do not see the 7 computers and vice-verse. When all of the computers were XP they were all sharing and working well. My wireless router is the D-Link DIR-628. When I log into the router it identifies all items connected to the network.M I have tried loading to the network sharing using the Network and Sharing Center, but when it searches the network it tells me there is a problem and offers choices of help. Non of which, have. If it matters, the first computer in the string is an XP system.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 23rd September 2012
View Replies!

upgrade of Windows 7

Good Morning: I have just installed the upgrade to Vista Premium with Windows 7 Upgrade. I am using and Acer Aspire 7720 laptop. Everthing seems fine except I have a 1" border on the left and right side of my screen. I have tried clicking the minimize button and it minimizes but doesn't take care of the borders. Any suggestions.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 24th September 2012
View Replies!