Tor Vidalia

Didn't know where to post this. I am looking for a sub-forum here or some forum elsewhere that I can discuss set up with Tor/Vidalia/Foxyproxy. FoxyProxy forum does not support Tor.

Any suggestions
Posted On: Saturday 6th of October 2012 02:43:53 AM Total Views:  274
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Windows 7 / Vista / XP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Download from MS Store?

If you downloaded a retail version of Windows 7 from the Microsoft Store site I need to know if it worked like when I downloaded the Beta version of Windows 7. Specifically, you order and then get an email that directs you to a download page on the internet. The reason I ask is that I live in Mexico and can't download with my Mexican ISP. I had the same problem with getting the Beta. I got the email through a friend's server in the U.S. and the email had a link for downloading that worked fine. I'm hoping it's the same for the retail but don't want to risk the money if I'm wrong.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 25th September 2012
View Replies!

Restore and minimize box

Hi . Just notices if I minimize a web page all I get is the 3 options, restore up maximize and close, I do not get a description of the web page, if I have 2 or 3 sites minimized I have to open each one to know which is which. Tried all ways to sort this out, Windows 7RC , 7100 Alan
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 25th September 2012
View Replies!

restore point

i would like to know if there is an option to turn on my restore point but not eating up my hardisk space\t because restore point in windows 7, its always creating restore point thats why my hardisk space is decreasing. i prefer to turn it off than on.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 27th September 2012
View Replies!

Can someone lend me a torrents.ru account?

please i really need it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 27th September 2012
View Replies!

PC Backup & Restore

, I am a new member. I don't know if this question has been asked before,but I wanted to know if Windows 7 Home Premium will come with the Pc Backup & Restore feature like Vista Ultimate has,which allows you to back up your entire Pc to DVD's or an external hard drive. Thank you
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th September 2012
View Replies!

To Admin or Moderator

What makes me a Junior member I an a senior or OAP
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th September 2012
View Replies!

Downloading torrent files drops wireless connection

I don't know if this is a bug or a Microsoft security related issue, but when I am downloading a torrent file it works for about 2 minutes, then all transfers stop. (I'm on wireless home network). The connection still reads as being excellent, but I can get no internet access. browsers stop working as well. When I reboot everything works fine and remains fine until I once again begin to download a torrent file. (Micro torrent is what I am using). Has anybody else run across an issue like this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 1st October 2012
View Replies!

Can I Restore VIsta AFter Installing Windows 7?

Windows 7 beta expires next year. If I install Windows 7 over my Vista, will I be able to use my Vista recovery disc to restore back to Vista from Windows 7 beta
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
View Replies!

Can't dual monitor

, I installed windows 7 starter (7057) yesterday, and was very, very happy with all things but one. I can not get my dual monitor setup I had running with XP to work. Here is the problem, I have a Nvidia geforce 9400ft with 512mb DDR2, and I know for a fact it supports dual monitors (I used it for a while) When I go into the options in the display settings so I can configure the monitors, both show up, but all I can do is switch in between them, it will not let me turn them both on. I figured, it may be a driver problem (Updated) and went into the driver option. Here both Monitors showed up, only one checked off though. I checked the other and a pop up came up "The GPU supports single display, in order to use a dual display please reboot the computer" So I rebooted. Same problem.... So I changed the active monitor, then rebooted Same problem..... I really love windows 7, but I also really love having two active monitors, can I please get some help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
View Replies!

Windows 7 Tutorials

. I've been surfing this site for a while and thought I'd post something. I found a site with some Windows 7 Tutorials on it which I think might come in handy for beginners. Windows 7 Tutorials Cheers
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
View Replies!

Can't start backup and Restore

Hi all. I get an error every time I try to start MS backup and Restore. This error message reads: "THe backup application could not start due to an internal error. Server execution failed (0x80080005)" Any ideas on how to resolve this If not , does anyone have any recommendations as to an alternative third party program that will backup a complete system image THanks, CHris
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

What on Earth is Groovemonitor.exe

Hi everone After installing Enterprise Office 2007 I see there is "Groovemonitor.ex2. Anybody know what this actually does. Any answers of the form "This is a Microsoft utility" with out any further explanations of what it does and I'll unleash such an infection on your computer that even JC himself couldn't undo it. Please What actually does it do. Cheers jimbo
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Reliability Monitor, not very impressive....

I checked out my computer's Reliability Monitor in Windows 7, and the results seem to be pretty poor.....You can find your Reliability Monitor by clicking Start>search > reli, then click on "View Problem History.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

W7 (all versions) probs with Windows Experience Indicator (WEI) run WINSAT formal

Hi Just in case you have problems with any version of Windows 7 and running the Windows Experience index (WEI) from the control panel it will sometimes work in Command Level mode (and then you can see the results as per normal in the control panel). Run a command prompt (in elevated mode) -- i.e select command prtompt from accessories, right mouse click and select run as administrator. Then run the following command winsat formal This often works where the "standard method" from the control panel fails. Cheers jimbo
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Backup/restore useless

It is a good idea to have some kind of backup/restore tools in OS. The way Microsoft has made it has been totally useless and even dangerous. In every version of MSDOS or Windows the file format of the backup has been different. Backup made with WinXP SP2 can not be opened with WinXP SP3. We have lost a lot of data because of these B/R programs. In W7 it seems that the format is again something proprietary. The only really recoverable file format for backup is still plain linear. If it takes too much space, use standard ZIP. ZIP looses only some of the redundancy but not recoverability. Still you got to remember that packing and packeting files lessens the recovery probability, because redundancy of data and info about the location of data is lost in the process. At least there should be a switch to select a format: MS Prorietary / Plain / ZIP Also there should be a tool to delete the backup.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

my best speed on utorrent!

sorry its gone now
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 4th October 2012
View Replies!

To Moderator - About Ethernet Card Problems

Hi Moderator (or is it Kyle !) Just a suggestion here -- but obviously people are having a whole slew of problems with various Ethernet Cards / Routers / mother board / Laptop combinations and are posting problems in various forums rather than in one place. This is just a suggestion but it could help not only individual users but also Microsoft since after gathering a decent set of data we could use Microsoft feedback to get them to sensibly have a look at the problem. I'd suggest something relatively simple in a sort of EXCEL spread sheet type of format or just text in columns 1) Router you are using 2) Computer Make (If using a purchased computer) 3) Motherboard (if you built the computer itself or can find out what mother board you are using) 4) Laptop make (if using a Laptop) 5) Installed Memory (The Memory the BIOS sees -- not the OS itself. Note this actually has had an effect with some LAN cards --some work with 3 GB but not when 4GB is installed -- don't ask me why on this one but it does happen. Wired Lan cards only -- Not PCI-Express, PCMCIA or USB==>LAN devices j.ust either the on board LAN or a LAN card attached to the main computer via an expansion slot. 6) What OS CURRENTLY using (XP/Vista X-32, Vista X-64 W7 X-32 W7-X-64 . 7) Nic Card (LAN Card ( there's another section for Wireless). 8) Driver Version reported by Device Manager on CURRENT OS. 9) Driver working OK or is there a yellow exclamation mark 10) Has this card worked on ANY OTHER OS (including Linux Distros) 11) OS used that this card worked on (preferably a Windows version even if it's Windows 98) if any 12) Driver version reported by the OS that the card worked on Now wireless cards 12) Wireless Card adapter 13) Driver version 14) Driver working OK or yellow exclamation mark 15) OS being used 16) Has this card worked on another OS 17) name of OS 18) Driver version reported by the OS that it worked on. If we could get some decent statistics on this we could find out whether the problems are confined to just a few router / NIC combinations are if there are more general issues. If users could fill this sort of thing in I can get it off to Microsoft -- but we must have decent data presented in an orderly fashion to get the best attention and quickest response from Microsoft. BTW great W7 Forums and useful -
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

Narrator voice

Ummmm, where is the hack to make the narrator voice sexy\t\t Although it does the job when my wife is out! She talks to much though....in the beginning but u get used to it. :shock: I'm trying to imagine a scenario where it may help me someday\t\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

System Restore Size

I know Vista uses 15% of HD by default for system restore and there is no simple access to change it. I haven.t been able to find out anything about Windows 7 is it much the same Joe
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

Dual screen monitor setup...

I was happy to see that when I installed windows 7 it automatically recognized my dual monitor setup - I could move things monitor to monitor, they were not just "cloned" My pet peave though is I can't change the wall paper on each monitor seperatly, I must use the same one for both of them, and I can;t stretch 1 wallpaper across both. I used to use Ultramon to do this in XP - But alas, does not work with Windows 7 Has anyone found a solution to this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!