The taskbar needs a fix...

Honestly everybody knows the taskbar is probably the most updated feature of windows 7 however i think it has a major flaw that is going to make people try to get the quick launch back...

there is no simple way of adding one click access to a favorite folder or a hard drive... You cannot simply make a shortcut to any folder or hard drive...

i consistantly used the quicklaunch to open up my backup/media drive and i cannot simply ad a shortcut to the hard drive...

i have to add it to the "windows explorer" icon which ruins the flow by forcing me to right click and choose my hard drive rather than the simplicity of one click access to the hard drive...

honestly if they plan to make the taskbar a FULL replacement for the quicklaunch bar they cant limit the types of things that can be added to the taskbar

edit: it is the same case with adding "my computer" to the taskbar
edit2: well i solved my problem SOMEWHAT by changing the path to my "L" drive so that solves the one click issue but thats only for 1 folder/hard drive at a time... otherwise you can only have one click access to one hard drive or folder at a time... :
Posted On: Thursday 4th of October 2012 11:37:23 PM Total Views:  113
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Windows 7 / Vista / XP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Question about Window 7 menus and taskbar

I'm new here and hoping that someone might be able to point me in the right direction. I currently use XP but I am interested in upgrading to 7. I have spent dozens of hours researching Win 7 online, but my big questions do not appear to have easily found answers. (1) Do all menus in Windows 7 share a similar appearance including the rounded corners Can menu styles be changed Of all the menus that I have seen in W7 in stores, the menus all looked very similar, but then too the computers all had the default blue color scheme, and the stores do not let customers change themes. (2) Is the taskbar able to be colored to a color that the user wants I am interested in having a dark gray taskbar; I doubt that I could endure a blue taskbar ever again (I've been using Windows since 3.1 and wow no more blue for me!). I am happy with the XP Zune theme, but it is getting rather old. (3) Can the taskbar have the transparency effect turned off I prefer solid backgrounds. I have seen several W7 modification programs (like WindowBlinds) but I have never had luck with add-ons like that, so I want to make sure that W7 can change taskbar colors by itself. (The blue, green, and silver in XP is a rather poor variety of choices.) My occupation keeps me in front of computers at least eight hours a day and so I need some variety of scenery! If anyone could provide a link to a website that has screenshots of W7 with different taskbar colors (especially with a dark gray) I would really appreciate it!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 21st September 2012
View Replies!

How to disable the preview on taskbar?

I have trouble to find out the way to disable the preview on win 7 taskbar, any one know how to do
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 21st September 2012
View Replies!

Do you guys like the new taskbar at all?

In a way, I like the pinning feature, it eliminates the quicklaunch bar, but the way it groups application windows bugs me. When I have a chat program with multiple windows, I have to go to the icon, wait for the previews to load then select the window I want. They add two extra steps to something where I used to just go down and click what I wanted in the taskbar, which makes it seem inefficent to me. I'm glad they let you ungroup them in the properties myself
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 26th September 2012
View Replies!

Getting rid of mouse over pop up on taskbar?

Anyone know how to get rid of the mouse over popup on the taskbar Just to be clear i mean: Obviously it's pretty much superfluous when you don't use task collapsing/combining or whatever they're calling it. I've spent the past hour or so searching for a way to remove it with no luck. It's very distracting.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th September 2012
View Replies!

windows 7 quick launch and taskbar

The only think i still don't like in windows 7 is the quick launch bar and the taskbar,too. I tried this link : Add the Quick Launch Bar to the Taskbar in Windows 7 :: the How-To Geek but i just don't like it. I hope that someone will modify it,soon. If you have some links /informations/ about that,please post here or PM. Thank in advance.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 30th September 2012
View Replies!

Make a taskbar preview always on top?

I love the new taskbar and preview window. is there anyway to make one or some of them remain on top without having my mouse over it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 30th September 2012
View Replies!

Drag to taskbarto minimize suggestion

I really like dragging to maximize and dragging to tile. To be consistent, dragging to taskbar should minimize...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 1st October 2012
View Replies!

Windows 7 taskbar questions

Hi , im new here and this may be an old chestnut however.. RE: Windows 7 Taskbar.. Im getting usto it slowly and generally like it but Why isnt it possible to add remove things from the right hand menu (above shutdown) eg would be great to add Personal "libarys" there. and not over keen on the behavior every time a programme is launched its listed it stays in the menu I just think it makes it look cluttered. would be better if they were just cached and were cleared on a reboot.. Any gurus or insiders out there know when the next build is comming out and what improvements it has.. Oh and i still like the original Control Panel best !! any comments \t Paul
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 1st October 2012
View Replies!

I don't like programs to be pinned to to my taskbar

I prefer to only use it to keep track of running programs. My monitor is pretty small (17 inch 1024x768). If I use it to launch programs there won't be room for that plus any miscellaneous programs that I might use. I set it up to do Quick Launch instead and Now I like it. Windows 7 really is nice but they need to provide means to set up the interface any way we want to. That includes the Classic Start Menu. I don't care what you say about me liking to stick with old ways. I've tried the new menu and I think Classic just works better. In XP and Vista when you set it for fastest performance it automatically sets it to Classic Start Menu. I do like the Aero Theme but but in Vista you can use it plus classic start. Windows 7 needs to do that too.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
View Replies!

Black taskbar/window bug

, I just did a fresh install of Windows 7 build 7000 on a machine with a Windows Experience Index graphics for aero subscore of 4.1 - which should be sufficient to run aero no problem. I am running into what seems to be a bug. I have my system set up with the default aero theme, but every time I open a file explorer window both the border around the current window and the taskbar turn an opaque black, and the border around any other open windows turn from a translucent blue to a translucent grey. I can change it back to the default appearance easily enough, and it stays that way until the next time I open a file explorer window. Has anyone else run into this problem, or know of a workaround It is really bothering me.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
View Replies!