Share files between two computer of same network

I have two computer at home both are running on same network and with windows 7 OS and connected to same router
can anybody help me the easiest way to share files and folders between this two computers
your help in this is highly appreciated.

Posted On: Saturday 6th of October 2012 02:54:17 AM Total Views:  370
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Windows 7 / Vista / XP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Location of files on PC

I'm a brand-new windows 7 user; formerly was an XP user. When I want to find one of my files, after entering it in search, it will come up, but doesn't tell me where it is located; i.e. XP would show you that a file was in external drive or on the C-drive, etc. How do I find out where my file is located Thank you in advance Mimi
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 21st September 2012
View Replies!

Find Text "in" files

Is there anything build into windows 7 that lets me find a text pattern (simple) in a set of files I remember there was something like that in XP.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 22nd September 2012
View Replies!

What have they done with the search for files containing text?

Windows 7 Professional How do you find files containing certain words I can't believe MS would downgrade the search function, but I can't find it anywhere. Stan Hilliard
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 22nd September 2012
View Replies!

Search files

How can I get my old XP File search program back I really dislike this new version of searching files in Windows 7. In XP it was so easy Click Start - Search - File and Folders. Now it Click on Windows Explorer - click on Computers - click in the search windows type in your search. I'm still trying to figure out how to search all drives on my computer. You would think that all you need to do is click on computer, but no that doesn't work. I would have to click on each drive to find my file that I am looking for. Sniffles
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 23rd September 2012
View Replies!

How to register OCX or DLL files to system32 ?

Can someone tell me How to register OCX or DLL files to system32
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 23rd September 2012
View Replies!

Navigating explorer files with keyboard - lag solution?

In XP I could navigate around an explorer window full of files with the arrow keys or by typing the beginning of the file name and it was more or less instantaneous. In Win7 there's a several second lag that seriously slows down my productivity. Similar when dragging folders. I suspect Win7 is scanning files as they are selected to enrich the UI somehow. There has to be a way to turn this "feature" off and speed things up. I tried turning off Aero, turning off some of the panes etc but no good. HELP! My system has 6gb ram, a core duo cpu, is Win 7 Pro 64 bit, 7600gt video card, and it's a fresh install.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 24th September 2012
View Replies!

How can i share Window 7 with XP?

I n my office I have to the a lot of sharing but now i have a Window 7 Desktop but now it won't let do the sharing, is therea way to do the sharing Window 7 with XPs.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 24th September 2012
View Replies!

Question about autoplay and files in explorer

, I just recently installed Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on my PC and I have couple of questions regarding it: 1. Next problem is about putting one file below or up the other one in Windows Explorer, for example: File1.txt File2.txt When I try to drag and drop File1.txt below File2.txt so it looks like this: File2.txt File1.txt I just can't, it dosen't work. But on my desktop I can do it without problem. Any way to fix this or workaround so I can freely move my files in Windows Explorer 2. I'm having some applications when I run them in lower right corner, for example : "Windows Live Messanger" and some applications like "SlySoft AnyDVD". I was wondering, why when I one-left click "Windows Live Messanger" I get his options like I did right click on him, while when I click "SlySoft AnyDVD" it opens the whole application just like I would like it Only when I double left click "Windows Live Messanger" it opens me whole window of the application.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 25th September 2012
View Replies!

Access denied for My Pictures and Music files

Upgraded from Vista to 7 and now I cannot access my Pictures and Music files. Get Access Denied error message
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Sharing files over a network is a nightmare!

Am I the only one that thinks that sharing drives over a network becomes more difficult with each new release of Windows I swear, it's unbelievable. It takes me about an hour to get it working right, and then, about a week later, I suddenly navigate to a folder that I don't have access to, even though I told Windows to share the entire drive. It's maddening!!! I understand the security issue, but it's doing me much more harm than good.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Adobe Acrobat files

Don't seem to be able to read acrobat files with either IE8 or Firefox 3.5 when using Aero Themes; if I switch to Basic Themes, I can read the acrobat file with no problem. Is this a problem with the pre-release RC version.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

geting backed up files from w7 to vista

hey all ive installed vista back becuase i have been having probles with vireses and worm holes ive backed up all from windows 7 and whant to get the files from the backup to be restorde to vista but how do i get the files to be put on as the back up drive doesnt show up on the list because its a newer then vista and a there is there a program to restore the file from a new system. can eny on help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 26th September 2012
View Replies!

Windows file protection with nvidia files

Try reinstalling that version of the nvidia drivers and then, stop using so called driver cleaners that do more damage than good. Win Vista/7 do an excellent job of cleaning up drivers during uninstalling the device. Install that version of the driver. Then uninstall form Uninstall Programs Then go into Device Manager and Uninstall the device from there and tell it to remove files This should, in most cases, remove drivers files and eliminate conflicts. Ofcourse this is not perfect, and it doesn't always work. But more times than not, it is better and more reliable than all the so called driver cleaners on the market. They are akin to Registry Cleaners, a waste of time, resources and money. You could go through and try deleting those files individually under Safe Mode. But that may not eliminate registry conflicts. If the above doesn't work, I recommend nuke and reload, just to be sure the system is in a clean stable state.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 27th September 2012
View Replies!

Cannot see files on linux drive

Windows7 RC Ubuntu linux 9.04 ext3fsd 0.46 I have used ext2fsd to assign drive letter and give windows the ability to display/change files in windows XP and Windows7 beta with no problem but in Windows 7RC it shows drives but when I try to look at files it says folder is empty. Does anyone have a sollution
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 1st October 2012
View Replies!

Downloading torrent files drops wireless connection

I don't know if this is a bug or a Microsoft security related issue, but when I am downloading a torrent file it works for about 2 minutes, then all transfers stop. (I'm on wireless home network). The connection still reads as being excellent, but I can get no internet access. browsers stop working as well. When I reboot everything works fine and remains fine until I once again begin to download a torrent file. (Micro torrent is what I am using). Has anybody else run across an issue like this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 1st October 2012
View Replies!

Image files (.TIB) and failure of Security software

Hi all This to me seems a HUGE HUGE vulnerability in some current AV packages. I've got an ISOLATED machine which I use sometimes for specific AV testing. Anyway I decided to "Infect it" deliberately with some spyware and a key stroke trojan and then take an image of the system with Acronis True image. For example this one amongst others. JS:FakeAV-W [Trj] These "Archives" are .TIB files. I then "uninstalled" the Acronis true image product (so the Archive can't be read via normal progams such as Windows explorer). Now I then booted up a Clean computer (installed directly from the MS RC 7100 official CD with NO extra applications installed. I then installed only drivers from the Mobo CD and the AV software and copied the .TIB file on to a second partition on the "Clean computer". Kaspersky, AVAST, etc all failed to detect anything on the .TIB file. I only tried 3 AV software packages so the problem *might* be fixed in other systems. This seems to be to be a HUGE flaw in some of these AV programs -- if you are restoring an Image you DEFINITELY want it to be clean. However unless some of these archiving programs open up their formats to the AV companies this is a real potential risk. So when choosing AV software make sure that backups / image files in the format of your backup software is also handled by the AV software. Note I only tried "Free" or Trial editions so the "PRO version" might work. Cheers jimbo
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
View Replies!

moving files that win 7 says you can't...

i just wanted to know if there is a way to move a file that win says you don't have permission, or privileges to move i certainly gave myself admin privileges when i setup my user account, and turned off all user account funcx's, but still have win 7 telling me that i can't move a file, or that i need admin priv., even though i am the admin. anyone know how to overcome this...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
View Replies!

cant find files

, i have just downloaded some files, but cant seem to find them anywhere, looked in all the usual places but not seeing them, is there a way i can search my entire cdrive for them as it's driving me nuts!!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
View Replies!

Vanishing files after Vista to Windows 7 upgrade

If this problem has been identified in another thread, then please accept my apologies and redirect me. I did a search and was unable to find anything, and consequently am posting this. My system has separate physical drives. One is for all system and program files. The other is for all documents and media files. When upgrading from Vista Ultimate 32 to Windows 7 32 all appeared to go well. However, now, the "document drive" has a problem. According to the Properties tab, all of my files remain intact. That is to say, the same amount of disk space remains as did prior to the upgrade. The folders are all there, but they are empty. It is as though Windows 7 deleted the files during the upgrade. I have removed the document drive and tried it on another machine with the same results, whether I examine it with Windows XP, or Vista, or Windows 7. The files appear to be missing, although the space that they would be occupying remains unavailable. I have tried a few file recovery utilities, both freeware and trialware, but none find the files. Fortunately, some of the files are backed up, but many are not. I have Windows 7 64 and 32 bit versions, Windows XP (and various Linux variants) running smoothly on other machines. I have not experienced this problem when doing a clean install, and really do not understand why the upgrade would affect a separate drive, unless it has to do with links from the system drive that are a part of the upgrade process... Windows 7 has performed flawlessly, with the exception of this one exasperating problem. If anyone else has experienced this or something similar and has discovered the cause and has a solution, I would appreciate it.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
View Replies!

How on earth do you delete system files made by Vista?

I had a dual boot of vista on another parition that i didnt need anymore so i eraced it but I cant seem to erace about 2 gigs worth of stuff in the windows folder including the folder and program files folder no matter what I try it wont give me permission to do it, ive tried some stuff it says on google to enter in the cmd prompt and still everything is acces denied. Does someone have a sure way to get rid of these pesky files please help me out its so annoying I want control of my system not it having control over me!!!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!