Real Vienna Pictures?

Hi ,

Well, I just found that site http://microsoftwindowsvienna.com/, and they have some screen shots. Some actuailly look different, perhaps what Vienna is right now. But some are linux, so I'm not sure how reliable this source is.

These I think may be Vienna:
http://microsoftwindowsvienna.com/images/b%FCy%FCk/1.jpg
http://microsoftwindowsvienna.com/images/b%FCy%FCk/2.jpg
http://microsoftwindowsvienna.com/images/b%FCy%FCk/8.jpg
Posted On: Saturday 6th of October 2012 02:19:05 AM Total Views:  251
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Windows 7 / Vista / XP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Another thing that I find really helpful for me!

Hi I love applying custom icons to my folders in Windows Explorer, it's amazing how much this helps my find things quickly. I'm 73 and my eyes aren't what they once were, (I think it's time for a new set of computer glasses) I don't like trying to read all that little type in Windows Explorer. Plus I like to lean back in my chair in a sort of supine position so I'm not that close to the monitor. I don't do it for every folder but the things that I often have to find are visible and stand out from the rows of yellow folders. Here is a shot of my D:\ drive. It used to be worse, I've compacted the list by making folders with names like Computer Related, and Graphic Design related, which have multiple folders under them, cutting the list down by about 50%. Some of these sub folders also have icons that stand out. Mike
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 20th September 2012
View Replies!

[DRIVERS] USB driver for samsung tacco lite wont work and wont let me upload pictures on a window's 7 system?

, I'v been trying to download the Pc studio for the samsung tacco lite, on the disk it says its only compatible with vista, windows 2000 and windows xp, however it did downloaad the actuall PC studio. the problem i'v come to face is the USB device driver wont work and let the PC studio find the phone when searched. I'v tried manually searching and i'v tried configuring it but it still wont work. It says there is no phone connected in the slots (which you need the USB driver download for) however, i'v even uninstalled and reinstalled and it still won't work. any ideas is there a disk i need for the PC studio to let me use the Studio on window's 7 or do i need to download anything.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 21st September 2012
View Replies!

Are there really 800,000 Windows 7 apps?

Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer may not have shared many (any) new tidbits about Microsoft futures, but he did whip through a lot of stats during his Consumer Electronics Show (CES) keynote on January 6. One of those stats only caught my attention this morning, when I saw a couple of folks tweet it. Ballmer said during his keynote last night that there are now over 800,000 new unique Windows 7 applications that are building on its new features and capabilities. Wow, I thought: Where are all these apps Did Ballmer include in his count custom, line-of-business Windows apps that early Windows 7 adopters are fixing so they can work with Windows 7 Or was there some secret cache of touch-enabled, Jump-List-friendly programs I had somehow overlooked Were independent software vendors waiting in the wings to roll out a bunch of new, secret Windows 7 wares that no one knew about Nope. Alas, it turns out Ballmer may have added a 7″ some embellishment to his claim that wasnt supposed to be there. There are over 800,000 Windows 7-compatible apps out there, a Microsoft spokesperson clarified today, not 800,000 Windows-7-optimized apps More............http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/p=...t+Microsoft%29
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 22nd September 2012
View Replies!

Windows 7 handles DL photoes,pictures in the bad way

There is no easy way to send your downloaded photoes or pictures into 'Mine pictures' . You must either drag them or use 'copy' function which is ceratainly very uncomfortable Since those files jpg. and the like, there should be an easy clickable option to get them from Documents-Downloads to Pictures . P.S. I wish that Microsoft'd made easy option available in next service pack
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 22nd September 2012
View Replies!

Ok - so whats it really like?

Hi folk just thought Id drop in and say hi. Im new to Windows 7 (but definatley not new to computers). Not sure if this is the right place to put this - but here goes. I thought Id just give my first impressions of 7. After having a lot of trouble getting it to download (it didnt want to know over the weekend), the installation was quick and painless. It saw my home network straight off even without actually putting it into the same workgroup. I first installed it on an old pc running an AMD Sempron at 1.6 with 3/4 gig of ram and onboard graphics. I was pleasantly surprised to find it ran first time no hitches. Only issues I have with it are no sound and the solitaire ran soooo slow. I think I can solve the sound issue - but I'll post up on the forums if I cant. Ive also now installed it as a dual boot on my main system (with XP) running an Intel Pentium D 3Ghz dual core with 2Gig ram and an Nvidia 8600 graphic card. Had same issue with the sound on this one but that was solved by downloading the new drivers from Realtek. It is a LOT faster than vista ever ran on this pc and is even beginning to put XP to shame - which is not only a pleasant surprise but most welcome Ive tried running an old game - Starcraft - on the slower pc and it ran no problems. Havent yet installed any software on this one (my main pc). I shall get around to installing my 3d graphic software soon agive it a whirl - see how it performs. So having rambled on about my first thoughts on it. Is there anything I need to be aware of Anything that is worth looking at in particular Any know hitches to avoid
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 30th September 2012
View Replies!

Windows 7 RC is the real deal

Very happy with Windows 7 RC. Microsoft have hit this one on the head and the customers can kiss Vista goodbye now forever. Runs pretty quick and is snappy too. This will probably be the best operating system that Microsoft have ever released. Goodbye XP and Goodbye Vista. I can see why Vista had bad publicity. Is quick but can be slow sometimes. Horrid.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 1st October 2012
View Replies!

Is Windows 7 really that different?

I am certain that i am not the only one to hold this view, but i do feel in the minority. In my humble opinion, Windows 7 is nothing more than Windows Vista with more pieces of flair. One can make the case that Vista, while lacking flair, is not any less of an OS. The added features of Windows 7 still serve up the same goods, but adorned with more shiny pieces of flair on its vest. I made the decision to use Vista when i build my PC this past summer, and have no regrets. It was delivered to my door with SP1 (64-bit, mind you), and i have had zero problems. Yes, i was annoyed for a few minutes until i found the "off" switch for UAC, and yes the redundancy of certain menus is another qualm, but all in all, its fine, and i enjoy it. After installing, and using Windows 7 for a short while, i don't find it noticeably faster, either. Running an overclocked Q6600, with 4gb of ram, and an 8800 series card, the law of diminishing returns, i feel, makes it irrelevant. I try my hardest to keep my system quite clean, and though 7 improves on bootup/down/suspend times ... again ... dimishing returns. I don't feel as though its groundbreaking. The desktop peak feature, snap features, and aero "shake" feature are nice, and i'd be lying if i said i didn't enjoy them. Again, groundbraking though We each have our own style for organization, and despite many innovations, programs and add-ons ... alt-tab is still king. And though i do see potential with the new taskbar, i feel as though its looks are too obtrusive. Yes, i did shrink its size, but then, the icons are no bigger than a Vista-sized taskbar shortcut icon. I suppose i'm being picky, but i do feel as though its not as grown-up as it could be. Its main redeeming quality is the ability to shift things around like the tabs in my beloved firefox. I could do away with all the other new organizational features, if only for a Vista upgrade that allowed that. Windows 6.1 is truly fitting, and though it has its perks, i would like to see a simple update to Vista, instead of an all out new OS. A new OS is certainly a business move by microsoft to side-step away from the bad publicity of Vista, while all the while ... simply releasing a tweaked version of Windows 6. Your thoughts
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

Do you think Vienna will really ship in 2009?

As we saw with Vista, MS thought Vista (longhorn) would ship 2003/2004. Here we are, it just came out, and the year is 2007. Now, Microsoft has said that Vienna will not be another release that will take 5-7 years, it will be done it two years. So, do you think this will really happen I think it may, if Microsoft really tries to get it out by then.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 6th October 2012
View Replies!