"Page by E-Mail" and "Link by E-Mail" options are grayed out in Internet Explorer

Resolution This helped me.

This happens if a default mail client is not correctly set. Using the Default Programs - Set your default programs, and selecting your mail client (for example, Windows Mail) also may not help.

Follow these steps to resolve the problem.Click Start, select Default ProgramsClick Set program access and computer defaultsClick Custom, and select your mail client (for example, Windows Mail)Click OKNote: If User Account Control is enabled, you'll be prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation after following the step 2 above. When the prompt appears, type your password, or click Continue.
Posted On: Wednesday 3rd of October 2012 12:53:11 AM Total Views:  49
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Windows 7 / Vista / XP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Print window triggered by e-mail link

After getting used to working with Windows Live Mail, a problem started as I would click on a link inside the e-mail, that normally would automatically open a browser window leading to more info on the e-mail topic. 2 weeks ago, when I'd click on a link in the e-mail, a Word document would open instead of a browser window. So I uninstalled Microsoft Office 2010 version and thought that would solve the problem. Then a few days later, when I'd click a link again in an e-mail, the window opened to print, on all links of every e-mail that should have opened browsers. I noticed that I still had Windows Office 2007, so I uninstalled it also, but am left with the print window opening whenever I click a link in an e=mail. Any suggestions Thank you
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 19th September 2012
View Replies!

Extract Urls from Multiple links

I just want to Extract Urls from Multiple links. I searched by google and found some online extractors like website below. But unfortunately they can only extract a link at a time. Is there any website or software that can extract Urls from Multiple links (for example 1000 links) at the same time Link Extractor :: Webmaster Toolkit
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to best Download and Save webpages

Hi what is the best way to save a webpage for future use even if the original disappears For instance if you have referenced a webpage in a school article and want to ensure you can upload your own link should the original site go down or they decide to remove that page. This seems like one way Mozilla Archive Format, with MHT and Faithful Save https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...at/src=search or HTTrack Website Copier - Free Software Offline Browser (GNU GPL)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

IE 9 on Windows 7 Hyperlink problem

I cannot open hyperlinks having an address ending with txt - the hyperlink address does not appear in the Address bar and a new tab with a blank page results. Has anybody had this problem and have made a fix
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 21st September 2012
View Replies!

Error message when clicking on hyperlinks

I just installed Windows 7 and now I get an error message every time I click on an link in my Outlook messages. The only way I can get to websites is to copy and paste the link to the Browser. Doesn't matter if I am using Internet Explorer or Firefox. Is there a setting I need to change
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 21st September 2012
View Replies!

Favorite links missing in Navigation Pane in windows explorer

There should be an arrow which is used to expand the favorite links in the navigation pane on the left. Interestingly, it shows nothing if i expand the favorites. It was working few days before. Dont know why how this cud happen Could anyone help on that! MANY THANKS!!!!!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 24th September 2012
View Replies!

Windows 7 Ultimate Retail Free link

im on 7 now and i got it for free. imma post a link cos it works, its from a torrent site bla bla just if u wnat it free:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 25th September 2012
View Replies!

Change Home page

If you even download software that changes your home page no matter how many times you try to change it in Internet options, it still reverts back to that page. I downloaded and installed this piece of crap................Extra DVD to Audio MP3 Ripper Here's how to get rid of it for good: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Extra DVD to Audio MP3 Ripper\Link\Home page] @=\"http://www.dvdcopyrip.com Change the registry entry under the [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Extra DVD to Audio MP3 Ripper\Link\Home page] to the home page you prefer under that key, such as Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Extra DVD to Audio MP3 Ripper\Link\Home page] @=\"http://www.google.com I hate when programs do this and this was a tough one as normally you just change the home page in Internet options.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 25th September 2012
View Replies!

Pre-order Microsoft 7 for half off e-mail

I signed up for the Microsoft newsletter and just today received this e-mail: You've been using Windows\tŪ 7 for a while now, and we hope you've been enjoying a simpler PC experience. Because you've been a loyal Windows customer, we're offering you the Windows 7 upgrade at a great introductory price* - only $49.99 for Home Premium or $99.99 for Professional. It's our way of saying thanks for trying it out. To take advantage of this deal, pre-order your copy while supplies last. These are upgrades, not the full retail version. Too bad, I'd prefer Ultimate, but would consider Professional *Discount based on estimated retail prices of $119.99 and $199.99. Actual prices may vary. E-mail message checked by Spyware Doctor (6.0.1.445) Database version: 6.12680 http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor-antivirus/
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th September 2012
View Replies!

What Win 7 Build are you running?

So what build of windows 7 are you currently using. I am using 7229.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 29th September 2012
View Replies!

Which fonts are needed?

Greetings.... I've been using the RC for several weeks now and have not had any issues with it... I believe that Vista was the real beta... and now maybe Microsoft has come up an equal to XP. My question is how do I tell which fonts are needed by the system & software I have 423 fonts installed WOW!... and probably use about a dozen... I use Word and AutoCad. Is there a secret to finding out which are needed and which are not
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 29th September 2012
View Replies!

What Spyware Software Do You use?

Just a non-scientific poll on what people are using . Any specific reasons (like when Webroot delisted 180solutions) would be helpful. This does not include HJT, Autoruns, or CWShredder since they should be used by all anyway
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 30th September 2012
View Replies!

Is there a way to create symlinks?

In Windows it's named "junction points" Windows 7 can manage "junction points" - but not create or delete. Download freeware program Junction v1.05 from Microsoft (Mark Russinovich, Sysinternals): Copy it e.g. to \windows\system32\ Then you are able to create "junction points": junction.exe "c:\new folder" "d:\path\real folder" Remove "junction points": junction.exe -d "c:\new folder"
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 30th September 2012
View Replies!

Benchmarking software?

I am a pc enthusiast, and am trying to get one of the futuremark programs so I can test windows 7 performance for myself, along with my new hardware......but Im not sure if I should use pcmark vantage since it is made for vista...any ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 1st October 2012
View Replies!

What security suite are you using?

I'm about install Windows 7 later this evening and was wondering which internet security suite or anti-virus is using. Currently, I am running Windows Vista 64bit with Windows Live OneCare which is not supported. Frankly, it's worked flawlessly and I'm looking forward to the freebie that's supposed to come out later this summer. In the meantime, I'm leaning towards Avira for anti-virus protection and just using the buit-in Windows firewall. Any other suggestions
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 1st October 2012
View Replies!

Image files (.TIB) and failure of Security software

Hi all This to me seems a HUGE HUGE vulnerability in some current AV packages. I've got an ISOLATED machine which I use sometimes for specific AV testing. Anyway I decided to "Infect it" deliberately with some spyware and a key stroke trojan and then take an image of the system with Acronis True image. For example this one amongst others. JS:FakeAV-W [Trj] These "Archives" are .TIB files. I then "uninstalled" the Acronis true image product (so the Archive can't be read via normal progams such as Windows explorer). Now I then booted up a Clean computer (installed directly from the MS RC 7100 official CD with NO extra applications installed. I then installed only drivers from the Mobo CD and the AV software and copied the .TIB file on to a second partition on the "Clean computer". Kaspersky, AVAST, etc all failed to detect anything on the .TIB file. I only tried 3 AV software packages so the problem *might* be fixed in other systems. This seems to be to be a HUGE flaw in some of these AV programs -- if you are restoring an Image you DEFINITELY want it to be clean. However unless some of these archiving programs open up their formats to the AV companies this is a real potential risk. So when choosing AV software make sure that backups / image files in the format of your backup software is also handled by the AV software. Note I only tried "Free" or Trial editions so the "PRO version" might work. Cheers jimbo
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
View Replies!

What happens during Welcome page?

You know the page when you boot up Windows (vista or Win7) and it has "Welcome". What exactly is happening then Is it loading services, drivers, certain startup process's What
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
View Replies!