my videos just plain look better!!!

ive got some bad rips(not dvd quality) but close of shows like futurama and the simpsons

i noticed how much cleaner these look in fullscreen, no black blocks in dark areas, sharper

huge improvement over xp!
Posted On: Friday 5th of October 2012 12:48:13 AM Total Views:  126
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Windows 7 / Vista / XP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

[VIDEO] Youtube videos stopping/lagging in my powerpoint presentations

My operating system is Windows 7 and I'm not a computer smart as I want to be. I'm preparing a powerpoint presentation for Veteran's Day with Office Pro 2010 and I use youtube videos in them. When I download them I convert them to Windows Media Video (V.7WMV) so I can play my presentation without needing the internet and it prompts me to view the video after it's done and it runs fine. But when I insert it and I play the videos they are stopping/lagging prior to the video finishing. Is it my video or audio card configured wrong What can I do Please help me!!!!!!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 20th September 2012
View Replies!

32-bit IE8 on 64-bit Win 7 intermittently does not play MSNBC videos

My IE8 32-bit (on Win 7 Pro 64-bit OS) has been working flowlessly until today. I have an intermitrtent problem: Sometimes I can't play MSNBC video clips. It is 'loading' forewer. Then, after some browsings, I try again, and it works. I am asking if this is a known problem in which case, I can fix it without reinstalling IE8. I started using the IE8 32-bit version a long time ago because Adobe Flash Player 10.2 which is needed for the 64-bit version is not out yet. Probably unrelated, but when I 'delete' all temporary files (Tools->Internet Options), my Internet emporary file folder still has more than a thousand files. ALso, I accidentally installed Google Chrome Browser, then uninstalled it that caused Outlook messages not opening links, then I reinstalled Chrome (but using IE8) and the links are working again... could it have anything to do with my present problem
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 22nd September 2012
View Replies!

Reasons why you should love Windows 7 (even if you love XP just like i did)

Hi everybody out there. I just really wanted to post this article/thread about why you should love Windows 7. I'm born XP fan, and after Windows 7 came out, and i wanted a new PC, i was 100% sure i wanted Windows XP for everything, because XP is the OS i have had most best experience with (and very bad experience with Windows Vista ). But my brother told me i should try Windows 7 - just try it out for his sake - and so i did. I am SO happy i tried it out, because it is really a amazing OS. It's not only fast, but compatible, secure and less annoying than Vista or EVEN XP is. I first got Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit on my brand new MM-Vision laptop (danish brand) and works perfectly, everything is just working 100% without problems, and compatible with every software. Nothing to complain about, as it is a brand new computer, and everything should just work. Last week i got Windows 7 on my old Inspirion 1525 who also had Windows XP installed, and i was amazed that Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit worked perfectly on it. As i did in the "old" days when i needed to reinstall it (as i did a couple of times) i always had to remember to install a lot of network (Wireless/LAN), grapich and all kind of drivers. But amazingly Windows 7 did all this for me. I just popped the Windows 7 installation CD in, and after about 30-35 minutes the old drive(harddisk) was formated and filled with brand new Windows 7. I configured it easily just like Windows XP (even faster and more "pain"-less). It restarted and boom - i could surf around the internet already without installing any drivers from dell manually. I was even testing my webcam, and amazlingly the "Dell Webcam Manager" software popped up (and i have NO idea why or how it got it, because the Windows 7 i got was not from dell, and had nothing to do with it). So i reinstalled my Inspirion 1525 faster than i ever reinstalled a computer, without having to install boring drivers or so. I also just 2 days ago reinstalled my Dell Studio with Windows Vista to Windows 7 - as perfect as on my Inspirion! So here are some good reasons to love Windows 7 more than you'll probbaly love Windows XP. It's more faster than Windows XP, it's not just something i say. Even you think the Aero design should take a lot of your CPU - well - it doesn't.It automaticly installs your drivers (the most common at least, like network/LAN/etc) - which XP doesn't. Not to mention it takes around 30-40 minutes ONLY (or less) to reinstall it.It's not as annoying as Windows Vista is with all the security and administrator privileges if you ever tried it out. You might have to allow a specific program to be runned as administrator (which is pretty understandable) but you only need to click once It's as easy to understand as Windows XP is. There's a lot of other articles about smart things you can do with Windows 7, so I'm not going to post it all here. But i could recommend this review: YouTube - Windows 7 Review. I recommend Windows 7 for you, as i really ONLY experienced good things with this OS. Remember, i was an incarnated Windows XP user, and could never dream about having anything else - but i took the chance and as i already told, i never regretted my choice. If you have to chance to choose Windows 7 then DO IT! XP will be outdated within a couple of years.. I will update the thread as i see fit.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Does ANY non-phone PDA sync with WIndows 7 Outlook?

Is there a non-phone PDA on the market which will sync calendar and contacts with Windows 7 Outlook If so, what is the PDA and how well does the sync work
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Windows 7 complaints

First of all, if you don't want to hear me bitch, please leave now. 1. when I leave my CPU on for a while (around 2-3 days) and it has an update that installs during shutdown, whenever I pull it out of standby, it AUTOMATICALLY SHUTS DOWN, INSTALLS UPDATES, AND RESTARTS WITHOUT SYSTEM RESTORE!!!!! 2. on Windows Explorer, you CANNOT TURN OFF AUTO SORT LIKE IN XP!!! 3. also on Windows Explorer, you CANNOT CUSTOM-SORT FILES LIKE IN XP, 98, OR 95!!! On a sidenote, it takes ALOT to get me to bitch about how something is WORSE than Windows 95 or 98!!! Think about that. 4. On Internet Explorer (and firefox) HTML RANDOMLY DOESN'T APPEAR RIGHT!!!!! Example: Rollover Image: Need I go on 5. If you need help with an old file, you're screwed because WINDOWS 7 ONLY SUPPORTS HTML FORMAT, WHEREAS XP SUPPORTS BOTH THE ORIGIONAL WINDOWS HELP FORMAT AND HTML HELP FORMAT!!!!! I HAD TO WASTE 3 HOURS OF MY LIFE JUST TO DOWNLOAD A DLL TO RUN WINDOWS HELP FORMAT!!! 6. AFTER DOWNLOADING IT, IT TOOK A HALF AN HOUR TO LOAD BECAUSE OF THE CRAPPY LOAD TIME!!! 7. AFTER WASTING 3 AND A HALF HOURS OF MY TIME, I FOUND OUT THE PROGRAM WASN'T COMPATABLE WITH WINDOWS 7!!!!!!! AND I CANT SWITCH BACK TO MY XP BECAUSE I NEED INTERNET AND THE ETHERNET PORT IS FRIED!!! 8. Upon buying a new computer, I was pissed to find that ALL WINDOWS COMPUTERS COME STANDARD WITH WINDOWS 7!!!!!! AAGGFFDFDHFGSFGGH!!!!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Who thinks we need a new site look?

I think this old site look is starting to get pretty lame. Who else thinks we should get a new one
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Disable explorer (i have image for explain)

i think it happen after use tunteup utiltes , hwo i disable it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 24th September 2012
View Replies!

A couple Windows 7 niggles - looking for solutions

Well, I'm slowly getting through the really big problems, and now looking for ways to solve smaller stuff... 1. WHERE is my free space on Windows Explorer status bar I've seen a bunch of complaints that it's gone, but none telling me how to get it back....... It's REALLY annoying to have to open properties to see how much free space is left. Equally annoying, when I select files, I can't see how much I've selected. How do I get this very useful, but very basic functionality back on the Windows Explorer 2. IE8 - I'm using aero glass and a gray color for windows. How do I get my IE window to be a NORMAL, SINGLE color Wha't with the curvy stripes and junk I've looked all over IE and I can't find anything that'll make my window a single color I can set...... 3. I"ll go look at the topic again, but can somebody provide an idiot-proof set of instructions for how I get Agent Ransack or some equally useful search engine into the context menu for Windows Explorer 'Cause I've been trying to use the W7 search for 2 days now and I find it less than useful. It wasn't great in XP but this thing is awful. I'm sure I'll continue running into little junk, but if I can get answers to these it'd be useful.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Opening photos and videos question

For some reason, Win 7 opens photos and video in the background rather than in front and I was wondering how to change that. Every time I get an email with photos or even just open the My Pictures folder and click on a pic, it opens behind the window which slows down my productivity. XP didn't do this and its a real pain. Can anyone advise me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Windows Mobile PDA sync with Outlook on two PCs

For several years, I've synced Outlook between my home desktop and my laptop using my Win Mobile 6.1 based PDA. The desktop formerly ran XP and the laptop formerly ran Vista. Now the desktop runs Win 7 64bit (3ghz intel chip; 4gb ram) and the laptop runs Win 7 32bit (2.16ghz intel chip; 4gb ram). Both installations are stable. My problem is I can no longer sync Outlook between the two machines. The PDA will only sinc with one machine. The sync works fine between the PDA and the first machine I set up. When I establish a sync relationship with the second machine, then the PDA will no longer sync with the first machine. I've deleted the relationships in both the PDA and the machines, and then started from scratch on several occasions, to no avail. It doesn't matter which machine i set up first - I've tried it both ways. Once I set up the second machine, the PDA will no longer sync with the first machine. I expected Win 7 problems with non-MS programs, but am surprised to run into this on a program as critical as Windows Mobile. This is an important issue to me, as the same appointment and contact data needs to be in Outlook on both machines, and the change constantly. I am getting tired of copying the PST file every time I make a change.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 25th September 2012
View Replies!

Outlook Express to Windows 7

all. I'd like to know if there is an an email application that replaced Outlook Express in Windows 7 and if so, is there a way to transfer or copy our contacts list, inbox, drafts, junk mail, etc... to this application. We currently are running Windows XP Pro 32 bit. I have no idea about this and any information would greatly be appreciated. I intend on purchacing Home Premium after first SP pack comes out.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Outlook 2007 and Windows 7

I have been running Outlook 2007 in Vista. When I upgrade to Windows 7 will I have to buy a new Outlook license or is there a way to re-load my old version of Outlook Outlook came bundled with my Dell desktop so don't know if I have Outlook on a disk.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

One complaint about Windows in general.

Surprisingly not about security. See, after spending time trying to personalize things since I am used to doing so on Linux, I discovered a huge flaw in how Windows does personalization. It's completely limited. Sure, people unfamiliar with computers take Linux as too confusing because you can set up everything exactly the way you want to before you can do anything else, but windows is like the opposite. You can set up everything, but not be able to set it up the way you want it. For example, I made a High Contrast theme that looks like the interface to a program, and let's say this is an example. In Linux, this theme would carry over to all programs and thus have not text color problems or anything. On windows, it is effectively impossible to edit individual programs' themes, and the theme you use does not carry over to ALL programs- only specific ones, like Paint. This is kind of a issue with the programmers of software rather than a fault of windows itself, but there are way too many UI inconsistencies in Windows. Also, of course, it is completely impossible to replace the taskbar with a new one without extensive knowledge. Themes in linux can just about change anything, and that kind of personalization is much deed by people like me. Only being able to choose colors is too limiting.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 26th September 2012
View Replies!

Win7 Tips videos = A lot of Tips ;)

windows 7 tips - Google Videos#
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th September 2012
View Replies!

Nslookup.exe-application error

Hi: I keep getting this error message. I uninstalled I.E.8 and I quit getting these messages, when I reinstalled I.E.8, I Started getting these messages again. I also have Mozilla Firefox installed but I use I.E.8 as my primary web browser. I like using explorer, so is there some thought you have on this I'm running W/7 RC 64-bit. I'm using a laptop in a dual boot with Vista Ultimate (32-bit). The application was unable to start correctly (0x0000142). Click ok to close the application. This error messages keeps coming up even if I don't try to go online. I can be in the middle of a game of Solitere and it will pop up. Its very annoying. Jim Morris jrmbenicia@comcast.net
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 1st October 2012
View Replies!

I am looking for browser plug-ins to run multiple

I am looking for browser plug-ins to run multiple versions of my app. So far I‚\t\t\tve just found this cool video on IE8 ‚\t\t\t the new browser. Hilarious enough. Explore My Way :: IE8
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
View Replies!

a question i just can't help asking...

with a quick look at the top threads in this forum, i can't help ask why so many people are soooooooooooooo tied down to win xp\t this makes no sense to me at all. win vista ultimate is a 1000 times better, and win 7 ultimate is a 1000000 better than xp. so why is so xp crazy you have menus all the way across the screen, can't resize folders and it doesn't work nearly as intimately with what you are thinking. i know many of you are going to say that you can get downloads to make it look like and work like vista, but if you are going to go to all that trouble, why not just use vista. the security is ten times better and it runs a lot faster. i will just never get it... of course i always used vista ultimate, and have heard that there were many more problems with home premium. but still, why would you want an xp environment, when you can have a win 7 environment
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
View Replies!

Win7 - beta not as stable as everyone thinks or is it just me?

NOT RESPONDING Ok I just need to know if others are experiencing the same things I am After hearing the cry that 7 beta was a FINISHED product and should be released as is, I thought I should take a look. I have loaded it on a dell d630 and have problems ALL the fricken time! Explorer hangs I get so much Not Responding crap it is ridiculous. I installed Virtual PC 2007 so that I could run explorer just so I could do some of my Admin task say ESM anyone! Anyways everyday I have my xp vm open if I have had it open for a few hours and go to shut it down guess what: NOT RESPONDING in fact it is so bad it won‚\t\t\tt close or die unless I do a Shutdown and force close. If I try end process it does nothing. The error report to send to MS takes about 20 minutes just to compile then the send takes forever! It is so long that I just say forget it and cancel. If I do start it up though and shut it down in a few minutes it has no problems shutting down or restarting. Just wondering if it is just me or not Or maybe the dell d630
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
View Replies!

Want W7 but not ready to upgrade from XP - Make XP look like W7

Hi The same guy who bought you the VISTA TRANSFORMATION PACK (Makes XP look like VISTA) is still working on making XP look like W7 with a Windows 7 Transformation Pack. Not quite ready yet but if you like the idea of the project, and want to have the look and feel of W7 whilst still using your fast snappy Windows XP give this guy encouragement to complete the job. Here's his work in progress. Windows X's Live | Windows Seven project, still alive I've been using The VISTA transformation pack and my colleagues are always saying "How on earth do you get VISTA to run so fast! Even the Logon looks like VISTA starting up. Their mouths just go agog when I say it's actually XP made to look like VISTA and of course as the OS has much much less overhead it will run snappier even when using "Aero glass" like effects. The transformation pack so far looks good. I'll have a machine or 2 running "Proper Windows 7" after it comes out but I will still need XP for some work applications and hardware, even after the W7 final appears for a few months at least. No reason to keep your Desktop looking Old and outmoded even running an OS that's 7 years old. I've tried the Vista transformation pack on a Netbook running XP -- Looks very very impressive even though W7 loads fine on these netbooks as well. At least with XP you are still getting proper updates etc for a while. Cheers jimbo
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
View Replies!

adjusting apperance options

ive noticed that when i set windows for best appearance it uses 1.04 gb ram at idle but when i set it to best performance it only drops to 1.00gb ram used at idle i thought aero would take up more ram than that. if not then its excellent, i love aero and the fact it doesn't seem to use up a lot of ram
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 4th October 2012
View Replies!