Microsoft surface, a new feature for Vienna / Windows 7 tablet?

Hi

I just found this: http://www.microsoft.com/surface/
First off, I think it looks pretty cool. They show it as being a table, but I'm thinking, mabey they will put something in like this in Windows vienna tablet edition. So, what do you think Since tablets have touch screens, it might be a nice feature to have.

So, what are your thoughts on it

Cheers,
Matt
Posted On: Saturday 6th of October 2012 01:47:19 AM Total Views:  239
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Windows 7 / Vista / XP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Best Version of W7 to get with my new rig?

Hi /gals, So my christmas pressie this year to myself is a brand spankin new rig. Its a custom built jobby but I need help in selecting which version of W7 to have put on it as Im unsure of what the difference between each is. ANy help is greatly appreciated and could potentially save me a lot of monies! OK, well one of the main uses of my new rig is for gaming (the specs Ive listed below should back that up). Apart from that its pretty much just standard stuff like internet surfing, work etc Ill need the use of windows XP/vista for older games etc Specs: Processor: Intel i7 920 (4x2.66GHz) Mobo: MSI X58 RAM-Corsair 6GB Graphics: ATI Radeon 5850 1 GB Memory: 1TB OK if any other specs are needed to determine which is best Ill happily provide them. I guess my main worry is that I pick the wrong edition of W7 that will impede my gaming (incompatibility with older games etc). Also, W7 builds, can anyone suggest which would be best for me EDIT: Will also be using various joysticks/game controllers
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 23rd September 2012
View Replies!

Am i able to reinstall windows 7 onto a new harddive in the same computer?

basically i have windows 7 installed on my computer right now. I have the full OS, not the upgrade. I want to upgrade my 320gb harddrive to a larger size. Will i be able to install windows 7 on a new harddrive with out any problem or will Microsoft tell me that the key has allready been used
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 23rd September 2012
View Replies!

New window for every new folder

Whenever I open a new folder, a new window opens. This is very disturbing! Does anybody know how to get rid of this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 24th September 2012
View Replies!

This might be a new one....internet connectivity

Good Day, I posted last night on my internet connectivity, and thought it was IE8 that came with my W7 upgrade, but now have another issue, and this seems to be a VERY narrow issue. My Compaq laptop and the wireless connectivity are clearly recognizing the wireless router I have set up at home, but on the back end, I am getting the exclamation triangle that says "no internet detected". The router is generating internet for a desktop and a laptop also in the house, so I don't think it's the router...it appears to be something with the laptop and the request for internet from the router. I use WEP encryption key, and this also seems to be correct and in working order. But again, the laptop see the router, just no internet. But this all cropped up last night after I did the W7 upgrade from HP. Thank you
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

why did hp delay in making new drivers available

i really do not understand why hp delayed in making new drivers available for all their products you would think that they would be a head of the curve not in rear see attached
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Live Zoom demo new with 7

I'm new to the forum, but i been on many other forums so im not stupid I decided to show u's a video of how to zoom in (Like linux) with the new magnifier. Just press windows key and + or - See a live demo on my youtube.... http://www.youtube.com/watchv=k5BWRuqydqc
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 25th September 2012
View Replies!

whats the process of new install over XP?

So has anyone installed the final windows 7 release can you explain the install process over XP Is an old XP disk needed Does win 7 ask for your old XP serial key Cant wait for the release this coming month, But I cant find my old XP disk I do belive I have the serial key some where though. I built my PC myself and didn't put the sticker on the PC case, but I think it's in my box of extra components.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 26th September 2012
View Replies!

new to win 7

just wanted to say hi i am new to win 7 and love it so far coming from win xp big change. didnt like vista so never went to it but big hopes for 7. hope to chat more with you gays and help out when i can. have a great weekend.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Do you guys like the new taskbar at all?

In a way, I like the pinning feature, it eliminates the quicklaunch bar, but the way it groups application windows bugs me. When I have a chat program with multiple windows, I have to go to the icon, wait for the previews to load then select the window I want. They add two extra steps to something where I used to just go down and click what I wanted in the taskbar, which makes it seem inefficent to me. I'm glad they let you ungroup them in the properties myself
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

User Interface problem with new Taskbar

The new taskbar has some great features, Aero Peek and Jump Lists are two things I really like. However, here is the big problem lets say I have a few chat windows open and they're all hidden behind another window (lets say Firefox) If someone sends me a message the chat icon flashes to notify me that a window requires my attention so far so good. Then I click on the flashing program icon and this is where the screw up is.... Rather than the application opening up onto the window that requires my attention, I'm presented with the aero peek thumbnail windows and have to visually see the one that is flashing and then click on the thumbnail to activate it! So from XP/Vista days, my chat window would flash in the task bar and I would click it and voila my chat window would appear! (unless of course I was using grouped windows, which I wouldnt because I would turn it off as its naff) So Win 7 has now made getting to your required window longer than it was before! good work microsoft, backward step in usability!!! The way it should work is Click the icon it loads the active window (or just shows all windows for that application) Hover over the icon and it shows aero peek thumbnails Is that too hard to do
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
View Replies!

What's new in the RC?

Should I upgrade to the RC when it releases I'm on build 7077, and I assume the RC would only introduce performance enhancements, and hardware/software compatability.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
View Replies!

newbe dude need some help.. pls

hey .. i really need your expert advise... i have installed windows 7 to my computer. Also, i have installed programs that i need for my work, (adobe photoshop, premiere and after effects) whenever i open premiere and after effects an error shows which says " the currently installed sound card driver does not support Direct Sound Input. Recording audio is not possible."... what do i have to install or whatever updating should i do to make my software work\t.. and when it comes to adobe photoshop, the window Flicks every once in a while and i cant work continually.. pls pls pls pls i need your help.. anyone..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

new box packaging for Windows 7

I had a novel idea on how M$ can package Windows 7. Currently people hate the Windows Vista packaging as it is hard to open and all. I thought why not play off the name "7". How about M$ designs the box to look like the number "7"
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

is this a new feature?

when you grab a window and shake it all the other windows minimize i wasn't a vista user so i don't know if it was included
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 4th October 2012
View Replies!

LOATHE with a passion new (non) Search system

Hi -- when something's not broken why fix it as the Engineers say -- I haven't yet been able to get the Library management / search facility to work properly. It might be OK if you just want to look for documents / pictures etc but I'm always "Hot swapping" discs (often quite large one's - 750 Gb - 1TB). I want to be able to do is just "Find file" in a free text form like find files named *.dog on DRIVE F only say. There doesn't seem to be any way to do this --or if there is could someone please explain how to do it. I'm using Build 7000 both X-32 and X-64. The Library idea is fine in principle but trying to "Dumb everything down" doesn't always work. It did seem to work in the M3 build (pre 7000) after a fashion but I don't have that any more so I can't show the screen shots. This is the ONE feature on W7 that I REALLY HATE. However it's not (at the moment) a show stopper for me but could be later if I can't find files in a quick, timely and easy fashion. Cheers jimbo Actally replying to my own post -- it does work but it's an abomination. You enter the name of the file for example *.tib (Acronis backup files for example) and then yo get another screen where you can refine the search. Still prefer the original XP search system however
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 4th October 2012
View Replies!

all, So, here we are a month or so into the Windows 7 Beta being widely available (legally) to whoever wants it. Many have installed with no problems at all (myself included.. ) and many have had only minor problems that were easily fixed.. I think it's safe to say that most of us have explored all that Windows 7 Beta has to offer thus far and are, to say the least, absolutely tickled at the abundance of features (both new and old) that are offered within Win 7.. I know I for one, absolutely love this new OS and think Microsoft is well on their way to redeeming themselves after the bad rap Vista got.. I also really like how Microsoft seems to be putting way more effort into 7 than in previous Windows release's... The revamped calculator, paint and wordpad are just some examples of this.. though small "pointless" apps to some, it still shows their putting more effort into this OS in my opinion... I am very curious though as to what other NEW features will be in the final release that aren't in the current Beta... if any... I've been reading a few reports around the web that are saying Microsoft has stated that they are keeping a couple NEW features under wraps until the FINAL release appears.. well... Though I'm curious as to what those features are.. I'm also kinda worried.. simply because if they aren't going to release these NEW features until the final release then how are they going to know that these features are ready for the masses and won't need further testing first\t I know this will spark some interesting conversation, and those are my only intentions.. I just think that if there going to keep major features "hidden" until then, they either AREN'T major features at all and therefore don't need to be tested before being unleashed.. or they'll simply HOPE that these new additions are "complete" and will 'just work' as they say... I know Microsoft wants to make 7 the best OS yet, and so far in my opinion it IS the best Windows OS to date.. that's why I don't entirely believe that they are keeping major features until the final release... Well that and I'm not a complete moron who believes everything he reads either... hahaha It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me for them to go about it in that manner.. Why take the chance on messing with something that so far is absolutely incredible as far as Windows OS's go... Anyway, that's my view on this issue.. what do you all think Also, what do you think these NEW features will be IF they in fact do come into existance Cheers!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

IE8's new security

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/ie8_security.asp Well, I think this will make IE8 even more secure, so this is very good.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

Sidebar removed, new "Aero-based" themes

I'm hoping to have more information very soon, but I'm getting reports of some interesting changes in recent builds of Windows 7, including such things as the removal of Windows Sidebar and new Aero-based UI themes. I'll write something up as soon as I can verify it, but it looks like we're on the cusp of another explosion of Windows 7 info. Source: Paul Thurrott (http://windowsitpro.com/article/articleid/99645/wininfo-short-takes-week-of-july-7-2008.html) I'm guessing the gadgets are still there but are just losing their bar, judging from what we already know about gadgets in Windows 7. Also, I'm guessing that "Aero-based" means DWM-based.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

Win 7's new taskbar

http://www.windowsxlive.net/evolution-of-the-taskbar-in-windows-7-superbar Well, looks like there's really keeping things under wraps, like Apple does with their products.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

Disturbing news!!!

I've read on wikipedia that microsoft is considering to remove the ribbon interface\tgo check it out,i couldn't find any links about it... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_7
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 6th October 2012
View Replies!