Is there a key combo that changes screen orientation?

Hi

This morning our cat walked across the keyboard of my wifes computer.
It changed the screen orientation to portrait.

My wife didn't know how to change it back so she had to wait until I got home to fix it.
Nothing sharpens your concentration like having your mouse work at right angles.

But I've looked and I can't find anyway that the cat could have changed it.
This is a Dell Studio lap top running Windows 7 HP.

Anyone know how this could happen

I can't even count the number of times that the cat has turned off her WiFi! LOL
But that at least I can understand.

Mike
Posted On: Saturday 22nd of September 2012 12:58:19 AM Total Views:  241
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Windows 7 / Vista / XP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Need to find 'Reverse' tool in W. Live Mail that allows reinstate accidental deletion in message

Hope I am in the right section. I realise this is probably a simple thing but I can't find it. If I accidentally delete something in an email message that I am creating and want to reinstate it, is there a Reverse arrow like there is in Word If so where do I find it to add to the Tool bar
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 19th September 2012
View Replies!

[BSOD] sudden blue screen after several minutes of stratup

processor - intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 530 @ 2.93GHz 2.93GHz os - windows 7 ultimate 32 bit hard disk - 1 TB my previous hard disk was crashed so i replaced with new one, and since i tried to instal windows 7 on it, it showed blue screen regularly and windows won't instal. after few days the windows was installed though i did nothing different or changed anything. and i made 4 partitions of 250 gb each but initially it only showed 2 drives only, and when i tried to manage my disk there was blue screen of death again and again. then i opened my system in safe mode scanned my drives through troubleshooter and then all of my drives showed and healthy, after that i installed all drivers. now my system is able to start in normal mode and running fine ..but the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH comes at any time with no specific pattern. one day it wont come another day it comes. PLZ HELP ME i am attaching the MINIDUMP FILE Minidump.rar
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Have original product key but no cd

I bought notebook few months ago(win7 home premium) and i have my original product key but i dont have CD, is it possible to download WIN7 Home premium somewhere and to use this key
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

I didn't know that it worked this way...

Hi I posed a few days ago someplace that I found that defragmenting my C:\ drive gave me a real increase in read speed. From about 3 Mbs to 30. I defraged my B:\ drive (a partition of C:\) and today I tacked D:\ it was a long haul, mostly because it has the compressed back up of C:\ on it. I went to the movies and then out to dinner, but when I got home is was finally done. Here's what I did't expect, the read write speed on my D:\ drive went clear up to 60 Mps. So I checked my C:\ drive, it had also increased to about 60 Mbs as did my B:\ drive. It would appear that the one large fragmented file on my B:\ drive was slowing down my whole computer. I never thought that even one drive could effect the others that much. Maybe this is something else going on but my computer is running noticeably better all round. When I get time I think I will update my backups on me external drives and remove the ones on D: so I don't have to deal with it on a day to day basis. Mike
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 20th September 2012
View Replies!

Another thing that I find really helpful for me!

Hi I love applying custom icons to my folders in Windows Explorer, it's amazing how much this helps my find things quickly. I'm 73 and my eyes aren't what they once were, (I think it's time for a new set of computer glasses) I don't like trying to read all that little type in Windows Explorer. Plus I like to lean back in my chair in a sort of supine position so I'm not that close to the monitor. I don't do it for every folder but the things that I often have to find are visible and stand out from the rows of yellow folders. Here is a shot of my D:\ drive. It used to be worse, I've compacted the list by making folders with names like Computer Related, and Graphic Design related, which have multiple folders under them, cutting the list down by about 50%. Some of these sub folders also have icons that stand out. Mike
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 20th September 2012
View Replies!

Do keyboard shortcuts change with Language Packs?

Hi all. My question is regarding keyboard shortcuts (ctrl-c=copy, ctrl-x=cut, etc.) and Language Packs. I am currently living in Latin America and can only buy the spanish version of Windows 7. I know that if I get "Ultimate", I can download an english Language Pack for free, so it'd be as if I had purchase my copy in the US. However, I'm very used to english keyboard shortcuts, and need to know if installing a Language Pack will also change them. For instance, the shortcut for "bold" in english systems is usually ctrl-b, while on spanish systems is ctrl-n (as the spanish world for bold starts with an n). The english shortcut for "select all" is ctrl-a, while on spanish is ctrl-e (God knows why...). So, if I get the spanish version of Windows 7 Ultimate and install the English Language Pack, will my shortcuts' combinations change to the ones in the english versions of Windows, or remain in spanish's I'd really appreciate any and all help with this question.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 21st September 2012
View Replies!

Retail software activation key site. Genuine or not?

Hi Folks, I already have a genuine version of windows 7 installed on my main PC but would now like to instal it onto the other PC's I have at home. On searching the net to buy new licence keys I came across a site which claims to offer genuine unique keys for vastly reduced prices. Has anyone had any experience with this or a comparible site The site in question is www.win7acrivation.com
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Window 7 Install Freezing problem at terms and conditions screen - HELP !!

Hi , After a bit of help to find out if it's Windows 7, the computer or the HD that is the issue. I am upgrading my old 80gb Hitachi HDD in my lappy to a 320GB WD Black. I changed the HDD over in the caddy for a fresh install of Windows 7(64bit) (old HDD uses Vista). The Bios recognizes the NEW WD HDD and the install disk boots to the accept terms screen for the NEW OS and then the system freezes. I did this three times and everything the same thing happened. I put the old HDD back in with vista installed and all is well again. The guy helping me works in our IT dept and he seems to know his stuff and it has him stumped. The spec of my machine is Acer 5720, Intel Core 2 T7300 (2.0ghz, 800mhz FSB, 4mb L2 cashe), plus 2gb DDR2 RAM thinking that it might be my motherboard that is somehow preventing the install due to compatibility problemsMy friend thinks that the HD might have a problem with it Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated, because the only alternative I have is to send it back and exchange it for a new one and try again, but I would like to think that I have exhausted all the other avenues before i did this, especially as there might be a quick fix or reason why I am getting this repeat fault.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Is there any way to have sound effects for hibernate/sleep or wake up?

I would like to hear a sound when my pc go to hibernate/sleep and when wake up, just like when Windows shutting down or start. It is posible Please help!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Blank screen on resume

I've seen lots of similar problems people are having with Windows 7 (and Vista) when they try to wake up their computer after sleep or hibernation, but none of them seem to match my problem. I have a Dell Latitude E6500 with a new, very recent, clean install of Windows 7 Professional. the updates are done and all the drivers are up to date. But when I try to use it after it's been on screensaver for a while, it goes to the log-in page, allows me to type in my password and then goes to a black (blank) screen. Like else reports, it's clearly still running and the fan is operating at full speed. Nothing I do after that works other than to hold the power button until it shuts down. It reboots and works fine after that. When this first started happening I entered NEVER on all choices for sleep or hibernation whenever it is plugged in. But the problem is still happening. Is there a fix out there for this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 22nd September 2012
View Replies!