Internet connection

Seems that when I try and hit some sites I get the connection manager poping up and trying to connect when I cancell it the browser seems to get to where it waas going. is this a driver issue do I need different drivers for my NIC
Posted On: Wednesday 26th of September 2012 05:45:23 AM Total Views:  76
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Windows 7 / Vista / XP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Why I hate the internet!!!!

Hi I'm a gamer, and a new version of Neverwinter is coming. I want to register on their web site so I can post try to get into beta etc. So I try to register an account, it says that my email address has already been used. I try and log in and it says that I have the wrong ID, not surprising since it's been years since the last NeverWinter game. I finally get sent to the recovery page. It says type in you email address. I do so. It says we don't have any record of that address. So I go back and try and set up a new account again. It says that email address has already been used. GRRRRRR!!!! That's why I sometimes hate the internet! LOL Mike
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 19th September 2012
View Replies!

need help with remote desktop connection win 7 home

can not see home button on pc i connect to
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 21st September 2012
View Replies!

Win 7 connection to Win XP problem

I have a mix bag of XP and Win 7 Home os running on my wireless network. Since I've loaded 7 on a couple of my computers, the XP computers do not see the 7 computers and vice-verse. When all of the computers were XP they were all sharing and working well. My wireless router is the D-Link DIR-628. When I log into the router it identifies all items connected to the network.M I have tried loading to the network sharing using the Network and Sharing Center, but when it searches the network it tells me there is a problem and offers choices of help. Non of which, have. If it matters, the first computer in the string is an XP system.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 23rd September 2012
View Replies!

This might be a new one....internet connectivity

Good Day, I posted last night on my internet connectivity, and thought it was IE8 that came with my W7 upgrade, but now have another issue, and this seems to be a VERY narrow issue. My Compaq laptop and the wireless connectivity are clearly recognizing the wireless router I have set up at home, but on the back end, I am getting the exclamation triangle that says "no internet detected". The router is generating internet for a desktop and a laptop also in the house, so I don't think it's the router...it appears to be something with the laptop and the request for internet from the router. I use WEP encryption key, and this also seems to be correct and in working order. But again, the laptop see the router, just no internet. But this all cropped up last night after I did the W7 upgrade from HP. Thank you
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 24th September 2012
View Replies!

Upgrade, then IE8 has no connection

Good Day, I did an upgrade on wife's laptop tonight, everything went smoothly, or seemingly so. But trying to connect to the internet, IE8 won't connect. I know there is a valid wireless connection because I am on it as I type on a desktop using that same wireless connection. Here is the odd part...with Vista, Microsoft did several updates in the last few months where they forced IE8 onto her laptop, and every time IE8 was installed, I had to go back and do a system restore before that update back to IE7. With the upgrade to Windows 7, that looks unlikely to do a system restore, LOL. Any and all help would be appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Easy way to reconnect to internet/network

I am looking for an easy way to reconnect to the local network/internet after I have disable the connection. I sometime disconnect my laptop from the network by by clicking the connection icon in the window tray and selecting disconnect. It is easy to disconnect, but is there an easy way to reconnect Currently I am having to click the window tray icon which shows there is no connection, select Troubleshoot, a Windows Network Diagnostics screen will come up where I have to go through a few more screens asking the OS to find the problem and it will eventually come back and say I am not connected... Duh. Then finally I have the option to "Try these repairs as an administrator" which will reestablish the connection. With previous OS I was able to simply go to the connection folder and either right click to connect or make a shortcut which made it real easy. Sam
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

connection drops

I have a customer who has upgraded from vista ultimate to 7 ultimate (32 bit). If he is actively useing the internet he has no problems, if he lets it go idle it drops the connection. He is wired into his router, all drivers are up to date, all power management is off. Other PC's running from this router but with vista and XP have no problems. Any suggestions
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 25th September 2012
View Replies!

windows 7 intenet connection

i install win 7 32 bit on dell inspiron1525 but i cant connect internet i use dial up connection i think that this problem related to modems and other drives please help me that which drives and modems are suitable for connection
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 26th September 2012
View Replies!