How to change contrast color and brightness?

How to change color, contrast, brightness and other setting in Windows 7 In Windows XP it quite easy to change these settings. The control panel has left me befuddled. Please help.
Posted On: Wednesday 3rd of October 2012 07:41:48 AM Total Views:  409
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Windows 7 / Vista / XP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

How to change Pic view from name to thumbnails

Using Word 7 and choosing pics to include in document. How do I change the VIEW of my pictures It currently shows the name of the jpeg only. How do I change it all over to thumbnail of the pictures
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 19th September 2012
View Replies!

change action when right clicking on file

When I right click on an image file and select "Edit" it opens the file in Paint and I was wondering how I go about changing that to open "Photoshop" instead.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 19th September 2012
View Replies!

[ACCOUNTS] change user account location?

when i got this computer back after a reinstall, the only account was "owner". i changed it to "james", but it's still defaulting everything to c:\users\owner instead of c:\users\james. how do i change this *** FIGURED IT OUT. ***
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 20th September 2012
View Replies!

Do keyboard shortcuts change with Language Packs?

Hi all. My question is regarding keyboard shortcuts (ctrl-c=copy, ctrl-x=cut, etc.) and Language Packs. I am currently living in Latin America and can only buy the spanish version of Windows 7. I know that if I get "Ultimate", I can download an english Language Pack for free, so it'd be as if I had purchase my copy in the US. However, I'm very used to english keyboard shortcuts, and need to know if installing a Language Pack will also change them. For instance, the shortcut for "bold" in english systems is usually ctrl-b, while on spanish systems is ctrl-n (as the spanish world for bold starts with an n). The english shortcut for "select all" is ctrl-a, while on spanish is ctrl-e (God knows why...). So, if I get the spanish version of Windows 7 Ultimate and install the English Language Pack, will my shortcuts' combinations change to the ones in the english versions of Windows, or remain in spanish's I'd really appreciate any and all help with this question.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 21st September 2012
View Replies!

WINDOWS 7 32-bit brightness problem!

I have a samsung N150 plus windows 7 laptop... been over 3 months since i got this new one! and i haven't been able to reduce the brightness of the screen a BIT!! at all..! which inturn is eating up my battery! this started happening couple of weeks back.. i tried everything like restarting and going to control pannel etc! NOTHING works man! feels irritating to have your battery reduced sooo drastically! I would be grateful if ANYBODY could help me out with this! thnx!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 22nd September 2012
View Replies!

Is there a key combo that changes screen orientation?

Hi This morning our cat walked across the keyboard of my wifes computer. It changed the screen orientation to portrait. My wife didn't know how to change it back so she had to wait until I got home to fix it. Nothing sharpens your concentration like having your mouse work at right angles. But I've looked and I can't find anyway that the cat could have changed it. This is a Dell Studio lap top running Windows 7 HP. Anyone know how this could happen I can't even count the number of times that the cat has turned off her WiFi! LOL But that at least I can understand. Mike
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 22nd September 2012
View Replies!

Windows 7 fezzes when I change power plans!!

When ever I change power plans from High Performance to Power Saver my computer freeze a little after it changes .. Did a clean install 2 times still the same thing .. Any ideas what is happening I have a Acer Extensa 4420 Amd athlon Dual Core Processor, 2 gigs of ram
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 24th September 2012
View Replies!

Aero color scheme slowing down PC?

I have a pc with 3 monitors, 2 connected to a ATI 3870 card and one connected to the onboard 785G HDMI connection. The HDMI one is a 32inch LCD TV. When I put a video to play on the big tv, a popup appears saying that window is performing slowly and recommends shifting from aero to basic. I checked the memory and performance of the pc and everything seems fine. I thought maybe the 785G couldn't handle Aero but every article I read says it can so I'm at a loss as to what to do.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 25th September 2012
View Replies!

@ key and " key swapped and cannot change back

I just installed a Dell OEM copy of Win 7 on two computers. One is my Asus P6T Dlx Ver 2 i7 920 rig and the other is a Dell Insperon 1501. Both machines have the " key and the @ swapped. It is driving me mad. I am a student and need these keys to be correctly placed. By the way I am in Washington State, USA and using a standard keyboard. I have tried to set the regions for the keyboard with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Could someone please explain how to change these keys under Windows 7 Thank you in advance.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 25th September 2012
View Replies!

Time to change to W7, which version?

Hi I have had windows 7 on my spare marchine for a bit, and its very nice. I currently have the public beta. I would now like to upgrade my main rig. I currently have Vista 64bit and want to update to W7 64bit, but which daily build its fastest and most stable in 64bit I most play games (Steam, TF2, HL2DM) that kind of thing). So which version for me Do you reccomened waiting for RC in may, or is nothing going to change Does HL2DM work Its getting old and does have problems with vista If a torrent link would land in my mail box that would be great! Or even on here.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
View Replies!

is there a way to change the links in the start menu?

The links on the right side of the start menu that point to music, pictures, etc... Is there any way to change them My music is on a second drive, and I want that section to include my download folder. I can figure out how to remove things from being displayed there, but not to add new things.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Thanks Stardock -- How to change W7 7057 Hideous Logon Screen (X-64/86)

Thankgoodness for like Stardock. If you really HATE the pale blue "Girlie" logon screen with that rediculuous "Peace Dove" (ZAP it someone) please then GOOD news. Stardocks LOGONSTUDIO works on both X-86 and x-64 versions of W7. Whilst the supplied screens aren't very adventurous you can download others or "Roll your Own". Maybe we should have a competition here -- It's a bit difficult to post the image as one hasn't logged in yet --so you can't capture the screen. I might have a go by using a VM and then capturing the Virtual Machine image from the Host OS. anyway here's the link Stardock LogonStudio Vista Freeware download and review - customize the Vista logon screen from SnapFiles (thankyou from Stardock -- I was getting SICK looking at the hideous screens on some machines). Cheers jimbo
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Window color in Windows 7

How to change active window colors in my different software applications to grey or lightgrey. I\tīve tried with different themes and changed the active and inactive window to grey in "Window Color and Appeareance", but still they are light blue, i.e. Windows 7 default color, in all my software applications. And another question: Is it possible to change the width of the windows to be narrower It\tīs possbible with WindowsBlinds, but there are still no version of WindowsBlinds for Windows 7.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!