How on earth do you delete system files made by Vista?

I had a dual boot of vista on another parition that i didnt need anymore so i eraced it but I cant seem to erace about 2 gigs worth of stuff in the windows folder including the folder and program files folder no matter what I try it wont give me permission to do it, ive tried some stuff it says on google to enter in the cmd prompt and still everything is acces denied.

Does someone have a sure way to get rid of these pesky files please help me out its so annoying I want control of my system not it having control over me!!!
Posted On: Friday 5th of October 2012 09:00:13 PM Total Views:  406
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Windows 7 / Vista / XP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Have you install HP Laserjet or Scanjet software on W7?

Have any of you all install HP Laserjet or Scanjet software on W7
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 26th September 2012
View Replies!

Do you guys like the new taskbar at all?

In a way, I like the pinning feature, it eliminates the quicklaunch bar, but the way it groups application windows bugs me. When I have a chat program with multiple windows, I have to go to the icon, wait for the previews to load then select the window I want. They add two extra steps to something where I used to just go down and click what I wanted in the taskbar, which makes it seem inefficent to me. I'm glad they let you ungroup them in the properties myself
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 26th September 2012
View Replies!

why you have to upgrade to windows 7 ?

many people ask this big question : why do i have to upgrade to windows 7 so to answer to this we have to cover many points like , what's new in windows 7 what make windows 7 different to VISTA and XP so in this article i will cover some new features that make windows seven a special Operating system . read the whole article here computer news: why you have to upgrade to windows 7
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 27th September 2012
View Replies!

What Win 7 Build are you running?

So what build of windows 7 are you currently using. I am using 7229.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 29th September 2012
View Replies!

How many times have you installed Windows 7?

Going back as far as the beta build, and earlier for some of you. For me: Laptop: 1x 32-bit XPC-Shuttle: 1x 32-bit HP xw6200: 2x 64-bit HP xw6200: 5x 32-bit Total so far= 9
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 30th September 2012
View Replies!

Windows 7 panel request (the enginners of W7, Plz see this , thank you!)

as we know, in w7, the control bar at the lowest part at the screen and it's turn into a cube now, not like before, a retangular shape if you want to change it into retangular shape, it still work, but what i am thinking is, can the cube and retangular shape work together for example, i will open a software to monitor my pc (e.g: HWmonitor) and i will also open a IE to surf the internet, as we know, the IE we will usually open and close it, but the monitoring software will start up and work until shut down of our rig. so can enginners make us can decide which use cube form and which use retangular shape for example, monitor tool should appear in cube form and IE should apper in retangular form ,so we can spare more place in our panel, at last, I highly recommand this feature a avaible at the retail version of W7,
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 1st October 2012
View Replies!

How would you rate Win7.

Vote and comment about what you like and what you dislike..... ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 1st October 2012
View Replies!

What security suite are you using?

I'm about install Windows 7 later this evening and was wondering which internet security suite or anti-virus is using. Currently, I am running Windows Vista 64bit with Windows Live OneCare which is not supported. Frankly, it's worked flawlessly and I'm looking forward to the freebie that's supposed to come out later this summer. In the meantime, I'm leaning towards Avira for anti-virus protection and just using the buit-in Windows firewall. Any other suggestions
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 1st October 2012
View Replies!

Error Message During Installation: "The server returned an error. would you like to r

I'm trying to download the windows 7 RC1 32bit iso image but each time I get the same error message: "The server returned an error. would you like to retry" I'm looged on as an administrator, my antivirus and firewall are disabled... Would be great if anyone has the solution
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 1st October 2012
View Replies!

installed 7127 what do you think?

i,ve just installed build 7127 well upgraded from RC,it looks like theres no new features i didnt expect any at this stage..probably more stable than RC even though RC is quite stable anyway..just want to know what people think coz i think its a little more snappier.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 1st October 2012
View Replies!

moving files that win 7 says you can't...

i just wanted to know if there is a way to move a file that win says you don't have permission, or privileges to move i certainly gave myself admin privileges when i setup my user account, and turned off all user account funcx's, but still have win 7 telling me that i can't move a file, or that i need admin priv., even though i am the admin. anyone know how to overcome this...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
View Replies!

Post your W7 Wishlists:

Windows 7 is going to release at the end of the year, and in a matter of two months, we've been getting a lot of changes to the OS. Here are some changes that I would love to see be implemented from now until the final version: . Windows Search on the Taskbar, similar to Mac OS X's spotlight. . An "End " option for the Task Manager, that kills all processes other than Explorer, DWM, and other vital ones. . More Screensavers. . Implemented Video Capturing. . The return of DreamScenes. . Change the beige folder icons to the semi-transparent Blue ones we've been seeing. . Make the menu of options when you right-click something Semi-Transparent. . A new Startup sound. The existing one is really bad. The Longhorn beta had a nice one.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
View Replies!

How long do you think b4 win7 is pirated ?

It would seem inevitable that soon pirated editions of windows 7 will be available . Just interested in any thoughts on this . There is a black edition but an early beta that has been made available . Why anyone would do that with a beta I dont know ! Also of note the Pirates Bay have just been sentenced too a year in prison and fined a million pound, Originally Posted by nbkp well you can already download this program that allows you to get rid of the 'time bomb' PLEASE TRY OUT STUFF BEFORE POSTING TOTALLY MISLEADING INFO. I don't normally get angry with people on Forums as there's not much point - especially when its someone's first few posts but : WINDOWS BETA EXPIRES - PERIOD - PERIOD PERIOD. There's no known fix in the known and unknown universe that has got round this limitation -- doesn't matter what WINVER or slmgr returns back -- JUST TEST IT FIRST. If you actually look through this forum (and on another simililarly named forum as well) you will see I conducted a proper test of the expiry. You must disconnect COMPLETELY from the Internet and change the system date IN THE BIOS before booting - Then try it. Please post your BIOS settings with a date > Aug 15 (for 7000 Beta) and system date / time . Note of course once you re-connect to the internet for say a driver / microsoft update then all bets are off as there are "many external date checks" just in case Microsoft thinks date and time is incorrectly set. Cheers jimbo
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
View Replies!

How to check your PC performance in detail .

The assesment tool does not give any real indepth reasons for the mark it gives . Winsat will . Run this at the command prompt as administrator and the output txt file will show your performance in depth . winsat formal -v >> output.txt
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Lock up your bios !

New Bios attack renders anti-virus useless - vnunet.com Dont become infected take precautions
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How much do you think all versions of windows 7 will cost

Title says it all (British pounds) Home starter =75 Home premium = 150 pro = 200 enterprize = 250 ultimate = 300 - 350 This is my opinion - not offical microsoft
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How do you report issues to MS?

Still relatively new to the scene here,, but I am getting up to speed quickly. This past weekend, I installed W7 (7068 64 bit). However, after reading the welcome email from MS and getting a working product key, I am still not clear on how to report an issue to them. Is it via the technet forums I am sure some of it they don't care about...manufacturer related drivers, etc. (well, they should care a little)...but issues with MediaPlayer and IE should be of paramount importance. I have started taking screen shots, etc...just want to know how to make sure the feedback gets to someone who will review it. Perhaps they review forums such as this...but perhaps not. Please let me know how you are reporting issues to our friends in Redmond. Cheers, David
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How do you mjake a bootable Windows 7 disk?

HI all. topic is self explanitory. How do you make a bootable Windows 7 disk. I have the ISO files but when I try to make a disk it will not boot. Using UltraISO I was able to burn what I thought was a bootable disk, but on startup the screen just goes black and I';m stuck with a blinking cursor - nothing else happens - no prompt to press any key to boot from DVD. Any suggestions
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

What partitions do you have?

What partitions do you have what size and why\t i have 3 on a 320gb hdd 1 at 50gb (win 7) 1 at 25 (xp) and the rest with all my stuff on there pics films anything to be kept safe.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Did you have the same thoughts of mine?

The Windows 7 can run just only 192MB Ram. But the installation need 512MB Ram to run. And they just raised the system requirments. Most software company made their software just need very low system requirments. But Windows 7............ I think they should use Command Line Interface instead of using the Graphic User Interface. Did you all have the same thoughts
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 4th October 2012
View Replies!