Easy way to reconnect to internet/network

I am looking for an easy way to reconnect to the local network/internet after I have disable the connection.
I sometime disconnect my laptop from the network by by clicking the connection icon in the window tray and selecting disconnect. It is easy to disconnect, but is there an easy way to reconnect Currently I am having to click the window tray icon which shows there is no connection, select Troubleshoot, a Windows Network Diagnostics screen will come up where I have to go through a few more screens asking the OS to find the problem and it will eventually come back and say I am not connected... Duh. Then finally I have the option to "Try these repairs as an administrator" which will reestablish the connection.

With previous OS I was able to simply go to the connection folder and either right click to connect or make a shortcut which made it real easy.

Sam
Posted On: Monday 24th of September 2012 09:54:18 PM Total Views:  182
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Windows 7 / Vista / XP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Window moves different way

! I'm not sure but I think I have this problem after extending the C drive with Easeus's partition manager. When I move some window it doesn't move with the Windows 7 style but something like Windows 98 style. It's not a big problem but I really don't like it so I hope someone can help me. Sorry for my English.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 19th September 2012
View Replies!

I didn't know that it worked this way...

Hi I posed a few days ago someplace that I found that defragmenting my C:\ drive gave me a real increase in read speed. From about 3 Mbs to 30. I defraged my B:\ drive (a partition of C:\) and today I tacked D:\ it was a long haul, mostly because it has the compressed back up of C:\ on it. I went to the movies and then out to dinner, but when I got home is was finally done. Here's what I did't expect, the read write speed on my D:\ drive went clear up to 60 Mps. So I checked my C:\ drive, it had also increased to about 60 Mbs as did my B:\ drive. It would appear that the one large fragmented file on my B:\ drive was slowing down my whole computer. I never thought that even one drive could effect the others that much. Maybe this is something else going on but my computer is running noticeably better all round. When I get time I think I will update my backups on me external drives and remove the ones on D: so I don't have to deal with it on a day to day basis. Mike
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 20th September 2012
View Replies!

Is their away i can save my favorite from windows 32 and put it in windows 64bit?

I have Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit and I having a friend build me a New Rig and I am getting Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit and I was wondering is their a way the i can save my favorites In the 32bit to move to 64bit. Without having to write them all down Roger
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

I'm lazy so I like to make things easy!

Hi I don't like to navigate to that little icon in the Hidden Icons part of the task bar when I want to unplug something. Here's a way to make it easier. Right click on the Desktop, select new shortcut. Point the new shortcut to .... C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll I put mine on the bottom of my Rocket Dock bar and made an Icon that looks like a stop sign. Now with one click I can open a dialog that shows all the removable media drives that are currently running on my computer, and lets me select and stop any one of them. Mike
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Win 7 always starts on E: partition instead of C:

I have a triple boot system from a single hard drive with 3 partitions. Vista Home Premium 32 bit is in the first partition, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit is in the second partition and Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit is in the third partition. When I boot Windows 7 pro it always shows up as drive E:. The other two installations boot in C: as expected. I cannot figure out a way to force Win 7 pro to start in C:. Can anyone help This doesn't usually cause a problem except that I'm trying to install some software that is searching for a file on C: rather than the current drive.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 21st September 2012
View Replies!

Is there any way to have sound effects for hibernate/sleep or wake up?

I would like to hear a sound when my pc go to hibernate/sleep and when wake up, just like when Windows shutting down or start. It is posible Please help!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 21st September 2012
View Replies!

Windows 7 handles DL photoes,pictures in the bad way

There is no easy way to send your downloaded photoes or pictures into 'Mine pictures' . You must either drag them or use 'copy' function which is ceratainly very uncomfortable Since those files jpg. and the like, there should be an easy clickable option to get them from Documents-Downloads to Pictures . P.S. I wish that Microsoft'd made easy option available in next service pack
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 22nd September 2012
View Replies!