Beta Download Question

If I download a torrent of 7000 from the pirate bay or isohunt is there anyway Microsoft can block me or shut my computer down if I load it over Vista
Posted On: Friday 5th of October 2012 04:04:24 AM Total Views:  63
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Windows 7 / Vista / XP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

discover who downloaded to me?

Is there any utility that will tell me after the fact who downloaded anything to me In my case just now, it's probably an update of some kind. But it has already happened because I see in Networx > General > Today that sometime this morning about 600 mb was downloaded to my computer. Is there any record of the source of this download in Win7, Firefox or some utility I can use to discover what today's download was, reveal its destination on my machine, and to maintain an automatic log of same in the future I already know about update permission settings, inbound and outbound rules for software and Windows Update, etc.. But, apparently, I don't know enough because I have no idea what that 600mb was this morning and where on my machine it now resides..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 19th September 2012
View Replies!

How many of you are want to beta test Windows 8?

Hi I beta tested Windows 7 and it was a lot of fun. I ran it dual boot with XP, but once I installed 7 I almost never went back. I'm a chronic beta tester anyway, I've beta tested more online games then I can remember going back to the original Asheron's Call. Last year I did DC Universe and Rift. I'm thinking about doing the same with Windows 8 and 7 together. How many of you are planning on being one of the first to run W8 Mike
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 21st September 2012
View Replies!

too much downloading

I have Hughesnet, which shuts me down after 425 mb of downloads. I used to never get anywhere close to that. Windows 7, using a Linksys router. After much testing, have narrowed it down to something to do with Windows 7. I get downloads of 100 mg at a time all the way to 230 mb at a time, and it happens every time I turn on the laptop with Windows 7--or leave it on for a while. I have shut off all automatic downloads I can find, including McAfee auto downloads. I do not have the problem with XP or Vista. This happens every day, so Hughesnet is worthless to me at $80 a month. I have spent time with Linksys support and Hughesnet support and Microsoft support, and no one has been able to figure out these big downloads or where they are coming from or why. The only time I can use the laptop with Windows 7 is in the middle of the night during Hughesnet free time. Help, anyone!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 21st September 2012
View Replies!

Windows 7 and Excel 2007 download from SAP

, We recently have new system with Windows 7 and Office 2007 installation. We installed SAP ECC 6. 0 and SAP GUI 7.20 with the latest Path (Patch Level 3). Most of the standard SAP reports are built with Excel features. When we run any of these reports, a blank Excel sheet is always opened before the report is displayed in Excel 2007 format. This was not the issue with Windows XP/Office 2003. After contacting SAP support the following recommendations were suggested based MSDN KB Article 2009802: 1. Upgrade to Office 2010 or higher. 3. Uninstall Service Pack 2 from Office 2007. We tried both the solutions and the issue still remains the same. It is going to be inconvenient for users to keep closing the blank excel sheet every time they run the report or multiple reports. Please advise.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 22nd September 2012
View Replies!

I had a beta test of Windows 7 but its gone now, so i will buy Windows 7 HomePremium ;)

I had a beta test of Windows 7 but its gone now, so I will buy Windows 7 HomePremium. I am gonna use Ubuntu at the moment
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Windows Internet Security Blocks downloads from reputable publishers

I have just upgraded my HP Pavilion notebook to Windows 7. But when I try to download the iTunes program the Windows Internet Security block the process because of "Unknown publisher". I have tried through Tools>Internet Options to reduce the security level (Medium appears as low as it will go) but without success. How can I download this well known program I have also had the same problem with the Uniblue Registry Booster that is recommended in this forum.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Any Trend Micro beta/gm users on windows 7?

Just wondering.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 26th September 2012
View Replies!

is windows 7 Ultimate beta?

I have an account with IEEE and I downloaded Windows 7 Ultimate RC and installed it on a laptop. Is there a time when Windows 7 will expire and I have to reformat to a previous Version I did not think so but right on top of the clock it said evaluation copy (build 7100) Thank you for your supports
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 29th September 2012
View Replies!

Seems like windows 7 downloads faster? Does it?

Since installing windows 7 on my laptop windows 7 downloads seem to be about 50kb faster. Is that technically possible or have I been away from xp too long
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 29th September 2012
View Replies!

windows 7 download problem

! I have downloaded windows 7 release candidate, but there is not any dvd.iso file. i have just an archived file with a txt file wich says: "This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating system that supports the ISO-13346 "UDF" file system specification." Whats the problem\t I spent 2.6 GB for nothing! Greeting
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 30th September 2012
View Replies!

Windows 7 taskbar questions

Hi , im new here and this may be an old chestnut however.. RE: Windows 7 Taskbar.. Im getting usto it slowly and generally like it but Why isnt it possible to add remove things from the right hand menu (above shutdown) eg would be great to add Personal "libarys" there. and not over keen on the behavior every time a programme is launched its listed it stays in the menu I just think it makes it look cluttered. would be better if they were just cached and were cleared on a reboot.. Any gurus or insiders out there know when the next build is comming out and what improvements it has.. Oh and i still like the original Control Panel best !! any comments \t Paul
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 1st October 2012
View Replies!

Windows 7 download manager

I have spent the last few hours trying to download the Windows 7 RC. I get the key for the product and then the next screen comes up and basically state wait for the Windows download manager,, then it comes up, but it doesn't matter what file I try to download into, even a new file, it comes back and says"file empty" I have no bloody idea of what I am doing wrong or what file I need just to compleate the download. I hope someone know whats wrong, I am at a loss. beekers
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 1st October 2012
View Replies!

Noob question: does Microsoft Update RC1 to reflect retail edition?

I'm pretty good with Windows, but I've never tried running a Beta version or RC version before, and I have a question. It's probably a dumb question, but I haven't seen a topic address it so I'm just going to go ahead and ask. Microsoft updates the release candidate regularly, but as it updates, does it alter the OS to reflect the final retail version more Or does it simply fix bugs in Win7 RC but make no further interface or other changes In other words, as we get closer to the retail release, will Win7 RC change transform into that retail version. or will it simply be stuck in time as it was on the day of its initial release with just a bug fix here or there I'm aware that the RC candidate is just a work in progress, but I'm just curious to know as the OS gets more polished, does Win7 RC1 reflect that polish
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 1st October 2012
View Replies!

To lawyers -- serious question - NOT related to TPB

Hi all I've a serious question here to any Laywers who might be reading these posts. We know this is an RC so it's not officially in production yet. What is the view / legal position you think Microsoft would take on Testing the RC in a "Productive" environment, or even in the "development" section of the company. We are definitely going to plan a company wide XP ==>W7 upgrade (although of course not all in one go). To do this in a timely manner decent testing needs to be done. We also want to do some robust testing on the "XP compatability mode" too. What is the feeling about doing limited tests in a company workplace - for example say 3 or 4 machines (or even 1 or 2). Upgrading an OS in a company environment is much more complex than doing it in a "Real" environment. Since the load on our systems is much less during the summer months this is the ideal time for testing. We don't want to be doing this at "Year end" anyway. With the RC this seems just about the perfect time for limited testing. Cheers jimbo
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
View Replies!

a question i just can't help asking...

with a quick look at the top threads in this forum, i can't help ask why so many people are soooooooooooooo tied down to win xp\t this makes no sense to me at all. win vista ultimate is a 1000 times better, and win 7 ultimate is a 1000000 better than xp. so why is so xp crazy you have menus all the way across the screen, can't resize folders and it doesn't work nearly as intimately with what you are thinking. i know many of you are going to say that you can get downloads to make it look like and work like vista, but if you are going to go to all that trouble, why not just use vista. the security is ten times better and it runs a lot faster. i will just never get it... of course i always used vista ultimate, and have heard that there were many more problems with home premium. but still, why would you want an xp environment, when you can have a win 7 environment
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
View Replies!

Win7 - beta not as stable as everyone thinks or is it just me?

NOT RESPONDING Ok I just need to know if others are experiencing the same things I am After hearing the cry that 7 beta was a FINISHED product and should be released as is, I thought I should take a look. I have loaded it on a dell d630 and have problems ALL the fricken time! Explorer hangs I get so much Not Responding crap it is ridiculous. I installed Virtual PC 2007 so that I could run explorer just so I could do some of my Admin task say ESM anyone! Anyways everyday I have my xp vm open if I have had it open for a few hours and go to shut it down guess what: NOT RESPONDING in fact it is so bad it wonâ\t\t\tt close or die unless I do a Shutdown and force close. If I try end process it does nothing. The error report to send to MS takes about 20 minutes just to compile then the send takes forever! It is so long that I just say forget it and cancel. If I do start it up though and shut it down in a few minutes it has no problems shutting down or restarting. Just wondering if it is just me or not Or maybe the dell d630
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
View Replies!

Windows 7 beta upgrade won't be easy

Windows 7 beta upgrade won't be easy | Beyond Binary - CNET News Those who want to move from the beta version of Windows 7 to the upcoming "release candidate" version will be able to do so, but it is going to take some work. In a blog posting on Tuesday, Microsoft said that it is offering two options for going from the beta to the newer test version, which is due shortly. Neither is all that easy. The recommended approach, Microsoft said, is to go back to Windows Vista and upgrade from that. Microsoft asked testers to follow this approach as it will help the company get more feedback on the experience that the typical user will have in going from Vista to Windows 7. Those who really want to upgrade directly from the beta to the release candidate will be able to do so, but only using a series of convoluted steps. "We know many people (including tens of thousands at Microsoft) are relying on the pre-release builds of Windows 7 for mission critical and daily work, making this step less than convenient," the company acknowledged in its blog. "We're working hard to provide the highest quality release we can and so we'd like to make sure for this final phase of testing we're supporting the most real world scenarios possible, which incremental build to build upgrades are not. At the same time on the beta has been so great we wanted to make sure we at least offered an opportunity to make your own expert and informed choice about how to handle the upgrade." The company also cautioned that the same hassles will apply for those moving from the release candidate to the final version of Windows 7. Please move to news section
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
View Replies!

When Win/7 beta is over

I was wondering, since there will be a several month gap between the end date of the beta and the release of the final win/7, how does this work forgive my ignorance, this is the first beta i've ever used. Will I be able to access the files I have saved in my folders after the end date, or will the OS become unusable I have a habit of not keeping up with the calander (which would suck if I had to appear in court) lol, but I'd hate to have anything important on my pc and find out that i should have backed them up earlier. I do have XP (my main OS) and win/7 on the same drive, so in worse case scenario I should be able to access win/7 files from my XP OS, shouldn't I
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

When does win 7 beta test end offically ?

Anyone know the the time frame
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

duel boot question

k i have win7 as my only operating system and want to duel boot with XP is this possible and how would i do it,
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!