Anyone got there Windows 7 delivered early

Went round my friends house today and in his porch was a parcel been posted so he opened it and inside was a copy of Windows 7 Professional which he ordered from PC World and so he checked his emails and they said they would be posting it out on the 22nd and will take between 5-7 working days.Anyway has anyone else recived a copy of theres yet as im guessing royal mail might be trying to get all parcels out quick for the upcoming strikes.
Posted On: Tuesday 25th of September 2012 01:44:30 AM Total Views:  137
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Windows 7 / Vista / XP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Is there any way to have sound effects for hibernate/sleep or wake up?

I would like to hear a sound when my pc go to hibernate/sleep and when wake up, just like when Windows shutting down or start. It is posible Please help!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 21st September 2012
View Replies!

Is there a key combo that changes screen orientation?

Hi This morning our cat walked across the keyboard of my wifes computer. It changed the screen orientation to portrait. My wife didn't know how to change it back so she had to wait until I got home to fix it. Nothing sharpens your concentration like having your mouse work at right angles. But I've looked and I can't find anyway that the cat could have changed it. This is a Dell Studio lap top running Windows 7 HP. Anyone know how this could happen I can't even count the number of times that the cat has turned off her WiFi! LOL But that at least I can understand. Mike
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 22nd September 2012
View Replies!

My Asuse's G1S motherboard wen't got fried, I have a new laptop now

My Asuse's G1S motherboard got fried, I have a new laptop now, I just got it today. Asus G1S motherboard got fried twice in first use and then after two years
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

windows 7 slower to boot in comparison with ubuntu

Just did a comparison with my Acer 1,7 mhz dual processor 3 gb; OS Ubuntu 9 and my brand new HP dv6 2,3 mhz AMD turion dual processor and 6 gb; OS 64 bit Win7; From boot to 'on the web' (64 bit IE with the HP and Firefox with the Acer) is my windows 7 system no less than 30 seconds SLOWER than my Ubuntu. Also very disappointed with the whole 'vista' experience, I was hoping there would be a completely new lay-out with windows 7 but for me it looks like some specced up Vista... (which was crap anyway). A bit of a bummer if you ask me, other people who share my opinion
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Tiny system windows on 30" screen

Hi , have you ever tried to take a thing, why some system windows {msconfig, etc} is impossible to enlarge It is silly, {and really frustrating}, when I have almost 30" LCD and I have to scroll in both directions in tiny 10 x 15 cm window, without any possibility to scale it up, when I am looking for something. I understand, that 15 years ago, with 14" CRT, there was no need for enlarging... What the hell is wrong Maybe the programmer, who is responsible for this died 10 years ago... Maybe it's Microsoft philosophy...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Did you know there was a free test drive for Win7?

Pretty easy and cool, I've been poking through it lately, and it has videos and test drive environments that are pretty cool. Check it out: http://tinyurl.com/yamn6fc
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Locking down windows for public system

, I am putting together a computer system to be used at bars and clubs etc. It is going to contain a piece of software that will be able to run music videos out of it. Basically I want to be able to boot the system into windows 7 and have it appear on the Desktop with my icons. The icons will then be shortcuts to different parts of the software, help manual etc. I want the start menu to be minimal, maybe only have the following. - User Name - My documents - Limited Control Panel - Devices and Printers - Shut down and logoff - And a list of the shortcuts from the desktop --------------------- - I want to disable Right click on the desktop and anywhere inside folders, yet remain inside of software. - Make it so the desktop background cannot be changed. - Maybe a way to disable any display on boot up so the systems Hardware is not displayed, still have the option to boot into Bios, boot menu etc but this is pass worded. No doubt there is allot more I'd like to have locked down, but I'll get into that more later if I can get started on this. Now I have been doing a little reading, only recently started with this area of my development so help will be appreciated. So far all I know is that allot can be done from the 'gpedit.msc' tool but how is this applied to a user account that boots straight up. So an admin account is separate and obviously has everything enabled. From what ive read everythign applied in the gpedit is applied to all users, (work around on this) Have also been told there may be 3rd party software out there that could aid with this Anybody know of anyhting
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

windows media default sound

I'm trying to set up a dual monitor pc to run wmc on a tv. But cannot get wmc to output audio to any other device apart from the default. Is there anyway to run wmc sound to the tv and all other sound to the pc speakers
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Are there really 800,000 Windows 7 apps?

Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer may not have shared many (any) new tidbits about Microsoft futures, but he did whip through a lot of stats during his Consumer Electronics Show (CES) keynote on January 6. One of those stats only caught my attention this morning, when I saw a couple of folks tweet it. Ballmer said during his keynote last night that there are now over 800,000 new unique Windows 7 applications that are building on its new features and capabilities. Wow, I thought: Where are all these apps Did Ballmer include in his count custom, line-of-business Windows apps that early Windows 7 adopters are fixing so they can work with Windows 7 Or was there some secret cache of touch-enabled, Jump-List-friendly programs I had somehow overlooked Were independent software vendors waiting in the wings to roll out a bunch of new, secret Windows 7 wares that no one knew about Nope. Alas, it turns out Ballmer may have added a 7″ some embellishment to his claim that wasnt supposed to be there. There are over 800,000 Windows 7-compatible apps out there, a Microsoft spokesperson clarified today, not 800,000 Windows-7-optimized apps More............http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/p=...t+Microsoft%29
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Am i able to reinstall windows 7 onto a new harddive in the same computer?

basically i have windows 7 installed on my computer right now. I have the full OS, not the upgrade. I want to upgrade my 320gb harddrive to a larger size. Will i be able to install windows 7 on a new harddrive with out any problem or will Microsoft tell me that the key has allready been used
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 23rd September 2012
View Replies!

Compatibility with windows mobile 6.1

I removed my windows mobile device centre and installed windows 7. Can I now reinstall it and will it work with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 24th September 2012
View Replies!

windows 7 default email

I just got windows 7 and tried windows live email. I tried to change my default email to eudora and also to thunderbird without any luck. Even when I select eudora or thunderbird it always defaults to windows live. Has anyone got a solution
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Favorite links missing in Navigation Pane in windows explorer

There should be an arrow which is used to expand the favorite links in the navigation pane on the left. Interestingly, it shows nothing if i expand the favorites. It was working few days before. Dont know why how this cud happen Could anyone help on that! MANY THANKS!!!!!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit !!!!!!!!!

Hi i have a laptop with 3 gb ram intel pentium dual core and so on. i was wondering if i use 64 bit would it be faster with the 3gb ram then the 32 bit and also software wise which is better in compatibility
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Can not run windows live messenger

I installed a copy of Windows 7 Home Premium on my system wich was running vista sp2 with no problems, and then I went to use live Messenger and it would not load. I install it, I go to run Messenger and it will not load. The "msnmsgr.exe" process appears in the "Processes" tab, but I cannot end the process. Whenever I try to open Messenger again, another process appear but again, the program will not open at all. I can end all the "msnmsgr.exe" processes except the one i opend 1st that is constantly running. Does anybody know how I can fix this and how I can get Messenger up and running Also with the process msnmsgr.exe running my laptop will not turn off it hangs at shut down screen.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Help me with driver audios for windows 7

I need an analog device AD1888 Soundmax Can you give me any link\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

windows 7 cria duas redes uma domestica e outra publica

My Windows 7 creates two networks one domestic and one public, that causes that do not connect to the Internet. How can I permanently eliminate the public network both use the same local area connection, it causes conflict.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Help with windows old and windows 7

what is good and not good to keep after instaling windows 7
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

32 bit vista to 32 bit windows 7 memory problem

. I just upgraded from vista 32 bit to Win 7 32 bit and i am noticing a problem with the memory management. I have 4 Gb in my system, but windows is only using 2GB. I understand that 32 bit systems do not use anything over 4 GB, but when i had vista it used 3.5 GB out of the 4. So why now have i lost 1.5 GB in usable memory when i upgraded to windows 7 Thank you for your help.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 25th September 2012
View Replies!

format windows 7 to reinstall xp

bought a laptop with 7 on it. need to put quickbooks on it but its not supported by windows 7 so have to install xp. what's the best way - format in command prompt/put in xp cd can i even do it on a newer laptop that shipped with 7 any help/instructions would be good. dont really need the windows 7 so going back to xp is not really an issue to me.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 25th September 2012
View Replies!